Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries > Mythological & Cryptozoology / Channeling / Psychic Abilities / Lucid Dreaming / OBE & Reinc

Old 27-01-2016, 01:03 AM   #41
breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Psychic I am, so watch and see.
Come Tuesday of next week this thread'll be deader than a dead thing.
Guaranteed.

How can you be deader than dead

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 01:06 AM   #42
cosmic tramp

Just by way of a slight intermission here, I once won a pair of tickets to see "Medium" Stephen Holbrook live at Ossett Town Hall. I came away feeling totally disenchanted and disaffected with the whole notion of mediums. In my opinion, charlatan being too polite a word.

Oozing with charm, trendy attire, stage presence, self deprecating wit, gags and audience charming bonhomie, it was like a one man show, where he had them all eating out of the palm of his hand, as he would at various points, punctuate the humour, go all solemn and serious, regaining connection with his so-called "spirit guide" on stage and throwing out suggestive "trigger words" to the audience e.g. "I'm getting Toby, Tony, Terry, ..." up go the hands .... "Yes Madam ? Your husband's name was Trevor ? TREVOR !! That's it Trevor, bit of interference from the spirit guide there, sorry madam... I'm now getting dog....train..." ( apparently there's about 200 such trigger words used by mediums with which we can all associate , most of us having some connection with dogs, trains, houses, accident, cat, money or whichever universal noun comes to mind to lead you down the garden path).

So...he wove it, embellished it, much to the joy of many weeping, recently bereaved, misguided people so to each one he picked out, it all made at least some semblance of sense with a little prompting on his part (and visually weighing up the member of the audience). Very skillful and very convincing to all but the most discerning. Me. I think I was the only one in the hall who did not raise their hand to any of the "trigger suggestions" as he eyeballed me intensely towards the end, bombarding me with various real names, place names, colours, smells, body parts, objects etc. etc. none of which applied.

It's like a contagious form of mass hypnosis, once he'd convinced the first few members of the audience he'd been in touch with 'the other side'
everybody else eagerly shot their hands up at his suggestions and followed suit so readily as an excited 'buzz' descended around the entire room.
I found it odd that all the other side' contactees' had only good news to pass back . Never bad. Spirituality meets family entertainment.

At the end of it all I just thought," 9 out of 10 for showmanship, 1 out of 10 for psychic ability." I left feeling very depressed at what I'd just witnessed, as a circus ringmaster had had folk jumping through psychological hoops without even realising it.

Now...along comes Joan and gets it pretty much spot on first time round with a few people on here. Whatever she's read of what I've written on these boards could not possibly have led her to the accurate conclusions she's reached about my current situation. I would therefore be bold enough to assert that she is, in my opinion, genuine.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 27-01-2016 at 10:43 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 10:58 AM   #43
oneriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanofarc View Post
hey oneriver

ok here's my feedback

elephants hmmm i find them to be very spiritual creatures and once thought one was communicating with me remotely

my left eye is ok i think, can't think of anything significant about it

brother was born in april

entertainment industry/communications - not sure on this one

don't know any geralds or Gerry etc.

yes i do have a fair amount of compassion i think and yes have learned through hard life experiences.

childhood was mostly happy but yeh some shit involved.

cheese, well that brings me on to the subject of dairy which i don't believe is very good for you and probably carcinogenic. i try not to eat too much of it.

thanks!!

i'll read ya later
Thanks! I won't give up the day job just yet
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #44
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Just by way of a slight intermission here, I once won a pair of tickets to see "Medium" Stephen Holbrook live at Ossett Town Hall. I came away feeling totally disenchanted and disaffected with the whole notion of mediums. In my opinion, charlatan being too polite a word.

Oozing with charm, trendy attire, stage presence, self deprecating wit, gags and audience charming bonhomie, it was like a one man show, where he had them all eating out of the palm of his hand, as he would at various points, punctuate the humour, go all solemn and serious, regaining connection with his so-called "spirit guide" on stage and throwing out suggestive "trigger words" to the audience e.g. "I'm getting Toby, Tony, Terry, ..." up go the hands .... "Yes Madam ? Your husband's name was Trevor ? TREVOR !! That's it Trevor, bit of interference from the spirit guide there, sorry madam... I'm now getting dog....train..." ( apparently there's about 200 such trigger words used by mediums with which we can all associate , most of us having some connection with dogs, trains, houses, accident, cat, money or whichever universal noun comes to mind to lead you down the garden path).

So...he wove it, embellished it, much to the joy of many weeping, recently bereaved, misguided people so to each one he picked out, it all made at least some semblance of sense with a little prompting on his part (and visually weighing up the member of the audience). Very skillful and very convincing to all but the most discerning. Me. I think I was the only one in the hall who did not raise their hand to any of the "trigger suggestions" as he eyeballed me intensely towards the end, bombarding me with various real names, place names, colours, smells, body parts, objects etc. etc. none of which applied.

It's like a contagious form of mass hypnosis, once he'd convinced the first few members of the audience he'd been in touch with 'the other side'
everybody else eagerly shot their hands up at his suggestions and followed suit so readily as an excited 'buzz' descended around the entire room.
I found it odd that all the other side' contactees' had only good news to pass back . Never bad. Spirituality meets family entertainment.

At the end of it all I just thought," 9 out of 10 for showmanship, 1 out of 10 for psychic ability." I left feeling very depressed at what I'd just witnessed, as a circus ringmaster had had folk jumping through psychological hoops without even realising it.

Now...along comes Joan and gets it pretty much spot on first time round with a few people on here. Whatever she's read of what I've written on these boards could not possibly have led her to the accurate conclusions she's reached about my current situation. I would therefore be bold enough to assert that she is, in my opinion, genuine.
Good call.
Stage mediumship is about 99% 'show' plus 1% mediumship and the audience by and large are in on the transaction. There to be entertained.
Platform mediums who serve Spiritualist churches work in a different way.
You'll get maybe five minutes 'philosophy' about Spiritualism and then three-quarters of an hour to an hour of mediumship. Hence a platform medium will 'go to' more people in the room during a session than a stage medium will during a show. Plus attendances are a lot smaller in churches so a far higher percentage of the audience will get something.
A platform medium is only as good as her or his last appearance and Spiritualist church booking secretary's tend to know each other ( there's a forum).
If the church wasn't happy with a medium then word soon gets round and that medium isn't booked again.
The fact that some Platform Mediums have been serving Spiritualist churches and centres for many years indicates that their 'audience' is happy with the standards of survival evidence that those mediums facilitate.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 27-01-2016 at 12:13 PM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #45
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Good call.
Stage mediumship is about 99% 'show' plus 1% mediumship and the audience by and large are in on the transaction. There to be entertained.
Platform mediums who serve Spiritualist churches work in a different way.
You'll get maybe five minutes 'philosophy' about Spiritualism and then three-quarters of an hour to an hour of mediumship. Hence a platform medium will 'go to' more people in the room during a session than a stage medium will during a show. Plus attendances are a lot smaller in churches so a far higher percentage of the audience will get something.
A platform medium is only as good as her or his last appearance and Spiritualist church booking secretary's tend to know each other ( there's a forum).
If the church wasn't happy with a medium then word soon gets round and that medium isn't booked again.
The fact that some Platform Mediums have been serving Spiritualist churches and centres for many years indicates that their 'audience' is happy with the standards of survival evidence that those mediums facilitate.
That's Entertainment !

Another thing I meant to add in to my initial screed is that with a bit of auto suggestion the audience does half the job for the medium, as you say it's transactional, they get validation, acceptance, catharsis even, he gets £16-£18 per ticket. Job jobbed.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 27-01-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #46
grandmasterp
Banned

Thank you.

I'm here all week.
( Try the veal)
Old 27-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #47
cosmic tramp

Another thought I had with all this, there is, I believe, a gap in the Mediums Market for an on stage Alien Channeller which would probably appeal to many. Don't know if it's been done yet. All you have to do is a fill a hall with like minds, include a shifty note-taking, besuited 'plant' spook stooge who looks like he's on a mission for MI6, throw in a couple of special effects, couple of Owls flying about, pie and pea supper, brush up on your Shakespeare in Klingon and away you go...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 27-01-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 27-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #48
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
Don't let a few wrongs put ya off, oneriver. I'm going to give a few enjoyable readings yet!
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #49
tildatod
Banned

I've been to see a psychic Sally show, and she was quite impressive when she was right. Very impressive actually. She knew things that could have never ever been written about, talked about, or known about other than to close family/friends.

One bad medium doesn't make them all bad. One wrong hit doesn't make it all wrong.
Old 27-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #50
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
I've been to see a psychic Sally show, and she was quite impressive when she was right. Very impressive actually. She knew things that could have never ever been written about, talked about, or known about other than to close family/friends.

One bad medium doesn't make them all bad. One wrong hit doesn't make it all wrong.
I heard of one very famous in Manchester called Avril, a wizened old woman who smelt of dried wee. A far cry from the vibrant young dolly birds dressed up as Romanis who pulled it off with pure charm and esoteric sex appeal. Apparently this Avril had a reputation for freaking everyone out who came near her by knowing things about you she couldn't possibly have known and accurately predict things both good, bad and mundane which usually came true. No advance appointments to give her time to research, nothing like that. Never got to see her myself, don't know if she's still around.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 27-01-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 27-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #51
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
I heard of one very famous in Manchester called Avril, a wizened old woman who smelt of dried wee. A far cry from the vibrant young dolly birds dressed up as Romanis who pulled it off with pure charm and esoteric sex appeal. Apparently this Avril had a reputation for freaking everyone out who came near her by knowing things about you she couldn't possibly have known and accurately predict things both good, bad and mundane which usually came true. No advance appointments to give her time to research, nothing like that. never got to see her myself, don't know if she's still around.
Avril Bray that was and her grandaughter Zara is still working as a medium.
Avril wasn't what you'd term a 'diplomatic' medium.
There's a tale told of a young couple who went to see her ( Avril charged a pound a head " and a bit o' silver for luck") after the wife's mother passed on.
Avril sits them down and says...
"He's playing away and so are thee lass."

Last edited by grandmasterp; 27-01-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 27-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #52
cosmic tramp

Hmmmm...
Old 27-01-2016, 02:37 PM   #53
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
I heard of one very famous in Manchester called Avril, a wizened old woman who smelt of dried wee. A far cry from the vibrant young dolly birds dressed up as Romanis who pulled it off with pure charm and esoteric sex appeal. Apparently this Avril had a reputation for freaking everyone out who came near her by knowing things about you she couldn't possibly have known and accurately predict things both good, bad and mundane which usually came true. No advance appointments to give her time to research, nothing like that. Never got to see her myself, don't know if she's still around.

OMG she sounds like the stuff that myths are made of.

The wee bit, is a definite red flag.
Old 27-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #54
grandmasterp
Banned

Zara was one of the first to put on stage medium shows around the North West.
She'd book a hall, often the civic hall in a town for a Thursday show with three mediums and book the same venue the following Sunday for a Psychic Fayre with a dozen or so card readers and stalls.
The schtick was that the Thursday mediums would get round as many as they could and say to each contact..
" There's more to be told so come on Sunday for a reading."
She did well.
Old 27-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #55
joanofarc

Quote:
as I think I mentioned before on this thread, the 'no's' should be as helpful as the yes's in developing your skills in this. we are all learning. always.

sorry I haven't read you yet oneriver, I haven't forgotten, just been really busy. i'll try to get back to this later this evening when I find a quiet peaceful moment, or if not it might not be til sunday or Monday evening. busy busy! but I appreciate you taking part in this thread.
joanofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 11:10 PM   #56
cosmic tramp

So Joan , do you think psychic ability is something for which we all have potential ? I always thought it was a "gift" allocated to a chosen few, or at least if we do experience it in our lives, maybe now and again, it is something beyond our conscious control.

I know for a fact if I concentrated or "homed in" on anyone on these boards, all I'd do is give myself a screaming headache...or come out with a tirade of wild guesses. I've had precognition and deja vu, like most people and the occasional "odd" experience (who hasn't ?). Beyond that, I don't believe my brain is evolved to psych out anybody.

As you say, the "nos and getting it wrongs" are all part of it, but by sheer law of probability, somewhere down the line, with enough erroneous guesses and mistakes, you're bound to get something right, sooner or later. That isn't being psychic, that's pure maths.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #57
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
Joanofarc.....unfiltered list of images and thoughts about/for you..

- Elephants

- Something to do with your left eye

- Born in April

- Entertainment industry/Communications

- Gerald/Gerry/Jerry

- You have a lot of compassion, but learned through (very) hard life experiences.

- Unhappy childhood.

- Cheese
I think you've had a cross over reading Apart from the birth month everything else can apply to me.
I have little elephants hanging by my front door if that counts, oo and got clobbered on the head by a large elephant ornament as a child, after knocking it off a dresser (was trying to catch my hamster)

I have Sectoral heterochromia in left eye. I worked as an entertainer in the community and club/pub circuit.

A close family member has one of those names.

Think I'm compassionate and suppose my life has not been easy. Unhappy childhood at times but not excessively so I guess.

Cheese, I love cheese can really make a meal of it.

Uncanny

Last edited by peabrain; 27-01-2016 at 11:25 PM.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #58
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
I think you've had a cross over reading Apart from the birth month everything else can apply to me.
I have little elephants hanging by my front door if that counts, oo and got clobbered on the head by a large elephant ornament as a child, after knocking it off a dresser (was trying to catch my hamster)

I have Sectoral heterochromia in left eye. I worked as an entertainer in the community and club/pub circuit.

A close family member has one of those names.

Think I'm compassionate and suppose my life has not been easy. Unhappy childhood at times but not excessively so I guess.

Cheese, I love cheese can really make a meal of it.

Uncanny

If I told you I can tick two of your boxes which Joan correctly perceived for you, does that in any way lessen the validity of her assessment ? I myself am a cheese obsessive and have a thing about elephants from my cushion covers to reading Heathcote Williams Elephant poetry.

In other words, of five of those "triggers" two have hit me. I was just wondering how many triggers does it take before they inevitably hit the target somewhere down the line ?
Old 27-01-2016, 11:43 PM   #59
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
If I told you I can tick two of your boxes which Joan correctly perceived for you, does that in any way lessen the validity of her assessment ? I myself am a cheese obsessive and have a thing about elephants from my cushion covers to reading Heathcote Williams Elephant poetry.

In other words, of five of those "triggers" two have hit me. I was just wondering how many triggers does it take before they inevitably hit the target somewhere down the line ?
I get your point, only it was oneriver who 'read' for Joan but yeah I've seen what you describe in action.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #60
joanofarc

Quote:
Hi oneriver

ok reading commences

the first thing I get is an image of you holding a drinking vessel to your mouth and drinking thirstily. I feel this symbolises a great thirst in you for something. a quest for something.

getting the song 'row row row the boat, gently down the stream, merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream' - I'm not sure why I get this. but i hear something about last summer. perhaps this song relates to last summer in some way.

just getting about 'chicken food'

and name/word/place 'Rosetta' whatever that means

I'm guessing your male, partly because I'm hearing you being referred to as 'he'.

and it seems I'm being told that it take great courage for you to stand up to your convictions. and there is some fear of being stigmatised.

you're not angry, you're embroiled in heated discussion and debate (i am being told this)

getting about wicca

hearing about someone who works at a college

do you have a sister with a sharp tongue? getting about somebody with a sharp tongue. nothing ever seems right with this person.

hearing word 'gladiator'

and this 'there's a star in the sky, and it's coming down to see you, (and........) just know that you are looked after and cared about.

now seem to hear about 'holy grail'

getting word 'peppercorn' lol

and also hearing 'he's not going to hand his notice in' (really not sure what it means)

also getting about piagras dunno how you spell that

numbers 1 and 2 might mean something (that 1 might be 11, not sure)

and whoever and whatever is here is wishing your dreams come true

dunno if any of that made sense oneriver or not..... it's tricky as I'm not looking at your username on the screen or seeing your avatar as i type this so maybe I'm totally off course????

thanks
joanofarc is offline   Reply With Quote