Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Politics / Elections

Old 17-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
bluegrazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheroicstand View Post
Only with the help of government regulations.
LOL- You are missing the point. They are doing what a corporation does which is to take any advantage to make the most money at any cost.

Plus you are cherry picking regulation. Regulating Workers rights by making striking illegal is pro-corporation and NOT the regulation I am talking about.

You dont see this happening here? The Union is gone. Since the Air Traffic Controllers Strike when Ronald Reagan stepped in (on behalf of business) the Union has been broke. Triple tiered contracts and phasing out of these jobs is part of it.

You see, what you are missing is that with no regulation, the one with the $$$ wins. Every time.

There is now pretty much only 3 internet company's in the USA right now and the Government is using them to spy on us (since they are a private company its not a constitutional issue) starting this July... Wouldnt it have been nice if the psuedo Monopoly on ISPs didnt exist? THIS should be regulated. Its not so we have no availible choices since all the competition have been bought up among the big three (unless you are really lucky...And soon there will only be Time Warner, Comcast and ATT- And then they will merge...Because its not regulated)
NOTE: When folks talk about too much regulation (people like Paul) they mean too much regulation on BUSINESS. Not you. They want regulation gone which will even turn all roads into Toll roads owned by corporations...

Last edited by bluegrazz; 17-06-2012 at 10:26 AM.
bluegrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
dneif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post
The major corporations write the regulations, the primary purpose of which is to protect their profits and to deter small competitors. Every time you call for more regulations, you are supporting the corporations.

It's not complicated.
Nobody is arguing with you.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
bluegrazz

@aheroicstand

You seem like an intelligent guy who's open to discussing ideals honestly and maturely.

If you have 3 hours to watch something that seems boring PLEASE Watch this and give me your thoughts. As boring as it is, there is an OH SHIT moment where you will not believe what it means...

Now, I am not 100% sure here but upon looking at my Local and State report- it looks really damn real...And really sinister.
If you are from the States, look up your local and State report and see what you think here.

Please only comment about this if you watch it. EDIT: You have to watch it all- I am concerned with the actual reports and what it all means -Again, I am still looking into all this (for the last three months) and cannot dispute or debunk the issues.

I was a Libertarian not that long ago so I understand the philosophy. I will still be voting libertarian on local issues. I think you will get your deregulated America... And its very sad to me. I knew Paul was spinning things (such as giving the impression that the Fed isnt audited) and yet still supported him. I am now certain he is controlled opposition.

Last edited by bluegrazz; 17-06-2012 at 10:52 AM.
bluegrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrazz View Post
-As I listen

"There's alot of good news and I want to present that because uh...uh...thats what this campaign is all about"- Ron Paul

-Finally the truth...The Campaign was never about winning but rather lip service to the good news (Gospel)

1 min 29 secs in and the Bullshit is up to my neck.

2 min 33 secs War story example is very patriotic and a great example of more bullshit.

3 min 22 secs "The successes have been magnificent..""new generation"... "no way it can be stopped"..."much larger than we ever dreamed of"..."optimism"

4 min 30 Starts the tone it down and be nice crap...

lol- He is knocking Santorum called him "authoritarian"- no mention of [email protected] 5 min 45

6 min 44 Total bullshit that "The opposition thinks more freedom is bad"-

Jesus Christ, anyone who fucking gives another dime or ANY of their time to this asshole is a fool...This whole speech is insane. Its like "yeah we are the verge of having a climatic effect at the end of this campaign"..."totalitarianism is losing"...Rick Santorum is bad....

Op is this really a new speech?

EDIT: Yeah its new- The Daily Paul people are hootin and hollering and celebrating over there...Its NOT over. lolz. Hook. Line and sinker.
Well put. I do feel sorry for all those good people who put their trust in him.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
jimmyw
Banned

This is spin and half truth though. Regulation is not the problem.

I understand your point because it can seem that way. These poor over regulated companies... Remember that these "poor" unregulated companies make record profit while cutting pay and benefits and off shoring. They "claim" they are too regulated and taxed to hire more people and yet their bottom line grows.

We need more and fairer regulation.

It was once illegal to have a Corporation. A Corporation needed a charter and had to go before Congress and prove that it benefits the American People. Every X amount of years they had to renew this Charter or the Corporation was broken apart. Had this "regulation" remained, we would be in a pretty nice place right now where towns still had an identity left.

We need Fair regulation. Corporations either pay their fair share or GTFO. Resources should be Nationalized and tariffs placed so high that "exporting" labor is not good for business.

And if all Corporations leave, small businessmen will take up the slack.

The on Paul and Libertarian ideal is a nice theory which ends in the Rich owning all of our asses utterly and completely in REAL SLAVERY.

EDIT: Think about this if you will... Now that the regulations on media ownership is essentially gone, the entire thing is essentially owned by just a few people.

Were we not better off with strict regulations regarding media monopolies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyking View Post
+1 Great post
+2 great info.

Last edited by jimmyw; 22-06-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: sorry for bad editing....i'm just getting used to the site. xxxx
jimmyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #26
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Quote:
This is spin and half truth though. Regulation is not the problem.

I understand your point because it can seem that way. These poor over regulated companies... Remember that these "poor" unregulated companies make record profit while cutting pay and benefits and off shoring. They "claim" they are too regulated and taxed to hire more people and yet their bottom line grows.

We need more and fairer regulation.

It was once illegal to have a Corporation. A Corporation needed a charter and had to go before Congress and prove that it benefits the American People. Every X amount of years they had to renew this Charter or the Corporation was broken apart. Had this "regulation" remained, we would be in a pretty nice place right now where towns still had an identity left.

We need Fair regulation. Corporations either pay their fair share or GTFO. Resources should be Nationalized and tariffs placed so high that "exporting" labor is not good for business.

And if all Corporations leave, small businessmen will take up the slack.

The on Paul and Libertarian ideal is a nice theory which ends in the Rich owning all of our asses utterly and completely in REAL SLAVERY.

EDIT: Think about this if you will... Now that the regulations on media ownership is essentially gone, the entire thing is essentially owned by just a few people.

Were we not better off with strict regulations regarding media monopolies?

It doesn't seem like you understand my point. If you want more regs, you will get more regs, bad regs. Regs are written to protect large corporations. The idea that regs will be written that are good regs is not foreseeable in the immediate future.

Media monopolies were only restricted when it was not mportant to the media moguls. Once it became important, the regs were rewritten. So it goes.
tenzingnorgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #27
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Quote:
LOL- You are missing the point. They are doing what a corporation does which is to take any advantage to make the most money at any cost.

Plus you are cherry picking regulation. Regulating Workers rights by making striking illegal is pro-corporation and NOT the regulation I am talking about.

You dont see this happening here? The Union is gone. Since the Air Traffic Controllers Strike when Ronald Reagan stepped in (on behalf of business) the Union has been broke. Triple tiered contracts and phasing out of these jobs is part of it.

You see, what you are missing is that with no regulation, the one with the $$$ wins. Every time.

There is now pretty much only 3 internet company's in the USA right now and the Government is using them to spy on us (since they are a private company its not a constitutional issue) starting this July... Wouldnt it have been nice if the psuedo Monopoly on ISPs didnt exist? THIS should be regulated. Its not so we have no availible choices since all the competition have been bought up among the big three (unless you are really lucky...And soon there will only be Time Warner, Comcast and ATT- And then they will merge...Because its not regulated)
NOTE: When folks talk about too much regulation (people like Paul) they mean too much regulation on BUSINESS. Not you. They want regulation gone which will even turn all roads into Toll roads owned by corporations...
What you are not seeing is that with regulation, those with the $$$ win, every time, because the ones with the money write the regs.

Regs are pointless anyway and illegal under most state and federal laws if the laws were enforced.. We need laws that are simple and to the point. For example, no one can own more than one media outlet of any kind. That would be a good start.
Old 24-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #28
sillybilly

Wow. As a Brit I have to say 'Is this the guy you are all going on about'? Is this your idea of someone 'speaking out'? Platitudes and soundbytes is all I got
Nor do I think he would like to be allied with a site calling itself 'Hang the bankers'.

Last edited by sillybilly; 24-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.
sillybilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
Wow. As a Brit I have to say 'Is this the guy you are all going on about'? Is this your idea of someone 'speaking out'? Platitudes and soundbytes is all I got
Nor do I think he would like to be allied with a site calling itself 'Hang the bankers'.
If you compare what he was saying 2 or more years ago, you will note that he has dialed things way back this year. The question is why.