Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 29-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #21
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
Generally, I work less than 30 hrs, but my working weeks vary so much - I could be off for a few months and then get a ton of studio work, which is lots of money for a couple of hours work, then no work for several weeks/month etc. I think they are just being assy with me.

See, they tried to tell me I couldn't take that into account, wtf? If I'm teaching, I spend hours in preparation etc, hours I can't work elsewhere; it should be relevant. I'm going to reapply.
Could you not get a part time job so you can still qualify for a bit of help and have time for your own stuff? Citizens Advice would be the best people to ask about this and they have days for telephoning in. If you don't mind being skint for a while then you can do it for sure as long as you don't mind making sacrifices like that.
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #22
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusual_suspect View Post
Could you not get a part time job so you can still qualify for a bit of help and have time for your own stuff? Citizens Advice would be the best people to ask about this and they have days for telephoning in. If you don't mind being skint for a while then you can do it for sure as long as you don't mind making sacrifices like that.
I keep my eyes peeled for part-time work, as everything clashes with my part-time work at school. I've applied for so many jobs but I must be unemployable. Even packing jobs and data entry knock me back. I know it's not my CV because I've been over and over it and know it's structured correctly. And temporary employers shouldn't worry about me being overqualified (that's another reason I wondered could possibly be the reason I'm not getting interviews).

armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #23
tracker

Quote:
I keep my eyes peeled for part-time work, as everything clashes with my part-time work at school. I've applied for so many jobs but I must be unemployable. Even packing jobs and data entry knock me back. I know it's not my CV because I've been over and over it and know it's structured correctly. And temporary employers shouldn't worry about me being overqualified (that's another reason I wondered could possibly be the reason I'm not getting interviews).

if your job ios only part time , you ARE entitled to working tax credits .
if you do have kids
child tax credits too .

as unusualsuspect said
go citizens advice
and if it was the tax office that turned you down
they could find them self oueing you a lot of cash for doing it wrong .

part time work is the best anyway , it gives you part time freedom too .

some one is telling you porkies , and it isnt us here .

looks like

you need to assert your self .

someone
has given you

THE WRONG ADVICE !

AND ITS NOT US .
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #24
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:

I have been where you are, just keep going! I believe it is actually possible to cause things to happen by sheer force of will, I have done it myself. If you keep thinking about it with deep feeling and emotion it will happen. Did I hear correctly that you are a Scorpio? You should have loads of determination and will power.

Look online, see what jobsites have in the way of tips about CV's and applying for jobs, you might be suprised on how much usefull info there is. Become an expert at CV writing and applying for jobs

Keep going and keep believing in yourself, you seem to have a lot of drive - hey, I believe in you AA

Last edited by unusual_suspect; 29-06-2009 at 07:49 PM.
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
if you do have kids
child tax credits too .

as unusualsuspect said
go citizens advice

looks like

someone
has given you

THE WRONG ADVICE !

AND ITS NOT US .
Thanks, Tracker. I knew someone couldn't be arsed doing their job at that end.
Old 29-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
wise haven
Inactive

Quote:
if you do have kids
child tax credits too .

as unusualsuspect said
go citizens advice

looks like

someone
has given you

THE WRONG ADVICE !

AND ITS NOT US .
Yup - Tracker is spot on. Believe me.....you are being seriously screwed with duff information.

Get down the CAB and they will sort you out.

By my reckoning you should also be entitled to some back pay from Working Tax Credits at least.

Housing benefit and Council Tax benefit kick in if you have a qualifying benefit like Job seekers (If you work under 16 hours in any week)

If you get Working tax credit (working over 16 hours a week but under a certain income level) you will also be entitled to Housing and council tax benefit.

Check it out AA - never believe the monkeys in the Job centre or at the call centres - I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet. They also lie like crazy if they don't know how to deal with your situation............
wise haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #27
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusual_suspect View Post
I have been where you are, just keep going! I believe it is actually possible to cause things to happen by sheer force of will, I have done it myself. If you keep thinking about it with deep feeling and emotion it will happen. Did I hear correctly that you are a Scorpio? You should have loads of determination and will power.

Look online, see what jobsites have in the way of tips about CV's and applying for jobs, you might be suprised on how much usefull info there is. Become an expert at CV writing and applying for jobs

Keep going and keep believing in yourself, you seem to have a lot of drive - hey, I believe in you AA
Aw, I missed this, thanks

Yeah, I'm a Scorpio (all the negative aspects especially lol). I NEED to be in charge of my life, and thus need to grit my teeth and bear the rough times (that seem to go on forever) in the hope of a silver lining. Rather than sucking the teat of the elite, heh.
Old 29-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #28
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise haven View Post
Yup - Tracker is spot on. Believe me.....you are being seriously screwed with duff information.

Get down the CAB and they will sort you out.

By my reckoning you should also be entitled to some back pay from Working Tax Credits at least.

Housing benefit and Council Tax benefit kick in if you have a qualifying benefit like Job seekers (If you work under 16 hours in any week)

If you get Working tax credit (working over 16 hours a week but under a certain income level) you will also be entitled to Housing and council tax benefit.

Check it out AA - never believe the monkeys in the Job centre or at the call centres - I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet. They also lie like crazy if they don't know how to deal with your situation............
Thanks, wise haven

The most frustrating thing is, I was in this position in the past and got my Working Tax Credits, Housing/Council Tax benefit etc, because my 30hrs took into account lesson planning, rehearsals, travel time etc. But this time, they're trying to say only my classroom and stage time are relevant. Well, I cant do a bloody job at the times I'm preparing for my current roles, so of course those hours should be taken into account! Likely they've been told to tighten belts and fook anyone trying to make an honest living.
Old 29-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #29
tracker

Quote:
Thanks, wise haven

The most frustrating thing is, I was in this position in the past and got my Working Tax Credits, Housing/Council Tax benefit etc, because my 30hrs took into account lesson planning, rehearsals, travel time etc. But this time, they're trying to say only my classroom and stage time are relevant. Well, I cant do a bloody job at the times I'm preparing for my current roles, so of course those hours should be taken into account! Likely they've been told to tighten belts and fook anyone trying to make an honest living.

bullshit to them AA .

rehersing is work
lesson planning is work

note down hours , it is not their business weather its in another building or your own .

mees thinks some how you let them decide what it is you are doing .

assert your self soldier all the posters above me have told you the truth .

fk this ! if i went with you i would give them prats what for .

if you are "self employed" sitting on ya backside at home on a pc is working .

however --------all this PAYE------------?
if your work is paye , then you need to get your bosses to write down and sign the fact that part of your work is based on planning and rehursals .

this situation of yours sounds sooooooooooooooooooo fkin wrong it has made me angry .

dont go back to the same folks who dealth with you .

some one isnt doing their jobs right here , i wouldnt trust them if i were you .

CAB is the best place to go .

reheursals must take place in another property where ever it is so thats working ffs !

be very careful , some one is seriously screwing you up .

they dont need to know how many hours you rehurse
or plan

thats not their business ,
they only need your total hours .
looks like you need to get your boss if you are PAYE to sign papers that you work well beyond payed hours and that those hours are part of your work , when they do that this then makes it legal that your hours of planning etc are part of that .

even if they are unpaid .

be very carefull AA, dont let them talk you into anything

you tell them the score , and keep it that way .

make them know

you work those hours and make sure they acknowledge it .

also

thanks guys for backing me up on this , you all sound as though you too know the rights and wrongs on this one

AA needs your support and you gave it

thanks guys

its nice to see folks stand up when the time calls and all of you here have done that .

NOW THIS IS WHAT MAKES US GREAT FOLKS !

standing together and helping when we can .

Old 29-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #30
armoured_amazon

*hugs everyone in the thread*

One of my jobs is PAYE and the other S/E. I know I need to fight it but I'm a bit burnt out from a life of fighting. Do you ever feel like all you've ever done is go to war with no succour when battle weary? I feel like I came into the world with enemies, before I even knew it.

Old 29-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #31
tracker

Quote:
*hugs everyone in the thread*

One of my jobs is PAYE and the other S/E. I know I need to fight it but I'm a bit burnt out from a life of fighting. Do you ever feel like all you've ever done is go to war with no succour when battle weary? I feel like I came into the world with enemies, before I even knew it.

they cant argue with any reason against s/e and Paye , you need to show them your hours , thats all .

they have no legal reason to say NO .

they are breaking the code of taxes if they do .

if you work ( in total ) 30hours a week plus
they have no right to -------not give you working tax credits .

they cant !
it would be eligal .

you will have to go to CAB , learn all the pros and cons , because someone isnt doing their job right .

its either the benifits rebates etc or the tax offcie .

one of them --------------------is being sligh or lazy

or

you have upset someone big time -------just joking AA,

scorpio ah ? hhm tracker is a scorpio . oops that me lol .

yeah i too think i came here with enemies i hadnt even known that were established before i came here

hhhhhhhhhm

no that does seem like a good novel .

anyway AA , isnt it good to see so many being bothered to help , it has kind of made me glad after my recent problems on forum trying to get folks to listen to cafetimes radio show .

he is a young teeneage and is taking on big bro on the net .
no one here ---well ---not enough folks are clicking his link to the show , meees thinks he needs our support being young and all .
the ratings go up
the show gets big
the show gets more recognition
more folks listen in
show gets famouse

but noooooooooooooooo !
people keep ignoring my threads on it , but dont mind jumping on my threads if i tell them they are hypacrits .

so yeah

seeing folks come on this thread to help you amazon has really retored my faith in this place .

looks like they were helping me too in some long way even if they didnt know it .

Old 29-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #32
armoured_amazon

Quote:
you have upset someone big time -------just joking AA,

scorpio ah ? hhm tracker is a scorpio . oops that me lol .

yeah i too think i came here with enemies i hadnt even known that were established before i came here

hhhhhhhhhm

no that does seem like a good novel .
It does seem that way. And yes, that would be a good idea for a book!

Quote:
anyway AA , isnt it good to see so many being bothered to help , it has kind of made me glad after my recent problems on forum trying to get folks to listen to cafetimes radio show .
It does. If I were a warm person instead of a statue, I'd feel fuzzy right now. You guys rock.

Quote:
he is a young teeneage and is taking on big bro on the net .
no one here ---well ---not enough folks are clicking his link to the show , meees thinks he needs our support being young and all .
the ratings go up
the show gets big
the show gets more recognition
more folks listen in
show gets famouse
Where's his link? I have some profile comments I haven't checked, so I'm going to see if he left it there.

Quote:
seeing folks come on this thread to help you amazon has really retored my faith in this place .

looks like they were helping me too in some long way even if they didnt know it .

This place is home, heh.
Old 30-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #33
wise haven
Inactive

Chin up AA - You got guts being self employed.

I could talk for hours about the amazing incompetence, lazy and deceitful people that are supposedly there to help you when you are entitled to the benefits YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR.

I have had to go as a witness and even take in a tape recorder in order to get someone competent to address their clients claim properly and not give misleading information.

The latest wheeze given as an excuse for 6 weeks of non payment of a completely valid claim........"oh! the information you provided didn't get to processing because their new policy is to - SHRED ALL FAXES THAT ARE SENT TO THEM FROM JOB CENTRE'S"...Can you believe that?????

Another good one when they don't pay people is "IT IS A PROCESSING ISSUE, YOU NEED TO CONTACT THEM"
Then when processing is contacted "YOU NEED TO CONTACT THIS NUMBER"
(A call centre)
Then the call centre says "YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL JOB CENTRE"

Round and round in a giant circle of incompetence.

Don't worry about it too much - The CAB will help you sort it out.....take as much info and paperwork as you can (including the last tax year for the working tax credit) and this will put a rocket up their arses. From what I can glean so far it looks like you will be in line for some back pay
Old 30-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #34
revolutionary_jam

Right on! Time to make yourself useful to others, be your own boss, mak some money and start using it wisely $$$ good luck

Thinking of what one does not have, manifests it self in the perpetuation of not having.

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got. Go the other way.
revolutionary_jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #35
tracker

Quote:

I could talk for hours about the amazing incompetence, lazy and deceitful people that are supposedly there to help you when you are entitled to the benefits YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR.

I have had to go as a witness and even take in a tape recorder in order to get someone competent to address their clients claim properly and not give misleading information.

The latest wheeze given as an excuse for 6 weeks of non payment of a completely valid claim........"oh! the information you provided didn't get to processing because their new policy is to - SHRED ALL FAXES THAT ARE SENT TO THEM FROM JOB CENTRE'S"...Can you believe that?????

Another good one when they don't pay people is "IT IS A PROCESSING ISSUE, YOU NEED TO CONTACT THEM"
Then when processing is contacted "YOU NEED TO CONTACT THIS NUMBER"
(A call centre)
Then the call centre says "YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL JOB CENTRE"

Round and round in a giant circle of incompetence.

Don't worry about it too much - The CAB will help you sort it out.....take as much info and paperwork as you can (including the last tax year for the working tax credit) and this will put a rocket up their arses. From what I can glean so far it looks like you will be in line for some back pay
not saying that the dude i have quoted is wrong , but from what i can gather leagal tender is that tax returns are leagal up to 5 years render , mees trying to say this ;

you might find that 5 year pay back could be on the cards.

but yeah AA , do what the dude said above me in this quote , he knows his stuff meees thinks truly .

they do try to fob folks off , so be aware of their small tricks they play .

go get what you are entitled too .

it will be worth it .

Old 30-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #36
wise haven
Inactive

Normally, there is a statutory period for the keeping of financial records of 6 years if memory serves me.

I may be wrong but the last time I read up on the statutory responsibilites for Tax credits - they are only obliged to make amends by paying arrears up to 18 months in error. Not 100% sure if I am confusing current legislation with proposed legislation though.

See if you can find it here: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/

Haven't got time to dig out the info at present - got my head buried in something else.
Old 30-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #37
armoured_amazon

Quote:

Quote:
but yeah AA , do what the dude said above me in this quote , he knows his stuff meees thinks truly .

they do try to fob folks off , so be aware of their small tricks they play .

go get what you are entitled too .

it will be worth it .

I'll try!
Old 30-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #38
tracker

Quote:
I'll try!

well its good to here but "dont try".

if they know you are trying
they will try back .-know what i mean lol.

just find the facts and tell them the score

then they might move backside .

you'll do just fine , CAB will help .
Old 30-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #39
armoured_amazon

Quote:
well its good to here but "dont try".

if they know you are trying
they will try back .-know what i mean lol.

just find the facts and tell them the score

then they might move backside .

you'll do just fine , CAB will help .

Today I'm trying to get my groove back, so I have energy to do battle once more. I'm making prototypes for my new business.

Old 30-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #40
tracker

Quote:

Today I'm trying to get my groove back, so I have energy to do battle once more. I'm making prototypes for my new business.

thats the spirit soldier .

ready

aim

fire !