Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 25-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
tracker

Thumbs up Recession = best time to be free / self employed .

Did you understand that right now , in this recession , is the best time to become self employed ?

well it is .

competition is dwindling , businesses going under because of large loans and a lack of money from the public .
this isn't bad news .
it is indeed good news !
it is good news because people need services that they want , and others are just dwindling from the market place.
this is where you come in !

being self employed can offer you more freedom than you might think . whilst admitting it doesnt get you completely off the system , it will liberate you from NHS or DHS , it can free you from the clutches of employers ( of such ) and can also make you your own boss of when and how you work .

( not having to rely on state benefits and being your own boss , to which you decide when and how you work , has got to be the ultimate freedom choices .
even if this system didn't exist , some how work would have to be done to gather food etc to live , so don't go listening to all those prats out there that tell you that to be free means not to work . building shelters , farming lands , hunting and gathering ????????????? good luck , its harder than you think and if this system didn't exist this is the work you would face anyway , so don't go listen to those who do not wish to work and say living on state benefits means freedom because it doesnt . if those people lived in a world with out this system baby feeding them because they didn't want to work they would simply perish in the real world .would you do all that for a person who didn't want to be an apparent slave and claims that helping to hunt gather and build is slavery ? i know i wouldn't . they have to learn to earn their keep . in a tribe they would be vanquished , and in the real world with out a system they would simply die of being ignorant .)
OK you might not be out of the system , but greater freedom to move around in wont hurt will it ?
and besides you are garrenteed working taxcredits , so where is the loss if you dont make much money ?

being your own boss is freedom . i do know some bosses that work work work . well that's their hard cheese because life is as hard as we make it . sometimes i don't know why they become their own bosses if it means working harder and harder for no time off . why do it ?

being self employed does not always mean hard hard work , it means --------being free to choose as and when you want to put effort into it .
for instance , you don't have to work to become rich . that is not important although it can make the misery more bearable lol .

as long as you create enough income , to live comfortably , you have got it made .

so many people i know fear this idea ,because ------
WHAT CAN I DO ?
WHAT WILL HAPPEN ?
I CANT MAKE THAT WORK FOR ME !
WHAT ABOUT MY INCOME ?
I CANT GIVE UP MY JOB !
I WILL STARVE !
I WILL BE KICKED OUT OF MY HOME !

tracker says -----------poppycock dudes and dudettes .

every one has an infinite amount of imagination and ingenuity to go it alone !

DID YOU KNOW ?

1 ) when self employed it is up to you as and when you work ?
2 ) being self employed means no one tells you what and when ?
3 ) becoming self employed is far easier than you might think ?
4 ) any equipment bought is deductible from you taxes ?
5 ) if you don't pay your self and put all money into business then you pay less taxes IE 10% business tax ? and not 18% wages or 23% PAYE LTD company self pay ?
6 ) that most people get £75 pw child tax credits and £75pw working tax credits whilst being self employed ?
7 ) that the tax credit are not counted as an income ??????????????????????????????? that's what the tax man says !
8 ) that there are masses of help out there if you need it ?

the benefits of being self employed are colossal ! monumental !

Whilst knowing some folks work work work , being self employed does not have to be that way . after all , its up to them if they take to contract is it not ?

just for the record i will tell you that things like being a self employed painter and decorator are easier to find contracts than what it might be to be -------say --------a ventriloquist or a piano fixer . but getting the work is not the hard bit ,
its advertising your self that makes or breaks getting a contract .

knowing how to sell your self is the most hardest bit to deal with . once you have achieved that , word gets around , and it wont take long before you might find it hard to get away from .

the 1st main thing ( in my own experience ) for going self employed , is the idea of what services you plan to give .

for instants , say - for now - that you have been a production line box stacker all your life , its got to be the most difficult of things to break , after all , what services can you offer ? ------------------------shite loads ! that's what !
lets start with bob ? shall we ? bob has never done anything in his life other than stack boxes -----------? --------------right ?
WRONG !
At home bob has found he is a dab hand at painting and decorating . he is a good handy man and always works hard . he has laid floor tiles , decorated his children's bedrooms , managed health and safety during that time , managed equipment and sorted out time tables to do the work .this means he also did part book keeping . knowing your income and outgoings is part of money management and can help you in other areas .
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , everything that bob could do is going missing because he is so used to thinking that he is ---------only his job , that he has missed all the skills he really has because he focuses on his job when wanting to become self employed .
DONT DO THAT !
every one has an immense amount of skills . it helps not to just think that you are your job , because you are not , you are an infinite amount of possibilities ! IT IS THE TRUTH !

once you have had an idea of what it is you can actually do , a whole new perspective on your abilities comes into view which helps you put together a better idea of what services you can actually provide .

would it matter if bob became a labourer only ? ( why ? why only ? ) bob is free to pick and choose which contract he takes , and even if he didn't get much , surely his freedom to pick and choose , as and when ------------is more free than he was when he was stacking boxes ? not only that , if and when his contract ends , he can always sit down for a bit , take a week off , its up to him .

you see ---------limiting your self to one field can be a trap , so widen your field of view , bob after all can be many things now . a road labourer , a painter and decorators mate , a tilers mate , or even if he plays his cards right -------a kitchen fitters mate , after all that's the one to go for because he knows how to tile and paint and decorate , talk about being the main man . he can advertise for all those fields , he is bound to get some one in soon , with all those abilities etc , he cant loose . but his main advantages will come through ----------advertising and having his own transport .

the 2nd thing he must do is research the market place .
researching the prices being payed to labourers ( and what ever you want to do ) is important . thus bob will know how much to advertise him self for .
he can also look at what contractors offer labourers . knowing what they pay and knowing just how limited other people can be could give him the edge over every one else especially if he knows -----------------how to relax during assessments and phone calls . it is important to relax when getting contracts . be cool , calm and collective because you are the dude ------------or ---------dudette . ( lol. good name that ah ? dude---ette , dudette , got it from cafetimes )

i am about to give a list of handy hints for being self employed -- the ---did you know list .

1 ) you can get payed working tax and child tax credits whilst working . this can help you because then you don't have to touch much moneys you have coming in .
2 ) you can get council tax rebates .
3 ) any equipment bought from your earnings can be deducted from your final profit -thus , over all profit becomes less ---thus overall profit taxes become less !
4 ) you can use your own car for that use and as long as you divide personal use and work related use you can get the petrol deducted from your taxes .
5 ) the percentage of self employed uses of your car also means then that the same percentage can be placed on your car insurance and that too is deductible .
6 ) same with MOT , road taxes all deductible -------but please do the important thing here-------research it for your self !
7 ) car maintenance can also be deductible from the profit .
8 ) stationary ! if you buy a 10p bick pen --------keep the receipt dudes and dudettes .
9 ) photo copiers , computers , paper , ink , electric -------------all deductible .

those were just some of what i think is deductible --------you need to research it for your self , i have placed some links at the bottom of the page for your leisure .

DOOOOOS and DONTS .

DOOOOOOOOOOOS .

1 ) keep all receipts for a minimum of 5 years .
2 ) keep all records of contracts and hours worked for the same time
3 ) always keep an eye on what you spend the money on.
4 ) always consider low points so don't spend all cash as it is earned !
5 ) try to keep self employed earnings in a separate account from your tax credits , this makes book keeping far easier.
6 ) try to keep separate receipts in their sections like , petrol , stationary , equipment bla bla , makes it easier .
7 ) if you are getting petrol , get a separate receipt for that , then if you want to get your self something to eat , keep the two separate it makes book keeping far easier .
8 ) always give as much info as possible to the tax office at the end of the year . it might mean that you have earned far more than you expected , and thus the tax office might pay you less next year , but as long as you keep money aside , keep contact with them , if done right you will not get in a sticky situation .
9 ) did you know that you are also entitled to about 25% off any part time college courses that you wish to go for whilst being on tax credits ?

DONTS !
1 )don't ignore all the points above .
don't work cash in hand , you could get caught and then wow you could be in shite street , as the tax office might want to say that you have been doing this all the time and want you to pay money back . if you work cash in hand , that is up to you , remember , those you do that work for might just ask the tax office for a vat refund and put your name forward , then the shit does hit the fan , so don't work for back handed cash . its up to you .
2 ) try not to get loans for your self employment ------------you will only have to pay more back , its pointless , but then , that's only my opinion . its up to you .

3 ) don't fall for the "water fountain affect"
oky doky , the water fountain affect.
lets just say that you have just a small amount put aside in a bank account .
the water fountain affect is when you go out - loan for a new car -- buy all the top equipment --spend all your cash on marketing , new suits , going out to dinner and dances trying to look flash in expensive bars etc , and then ------------------CRASH ! you go under and are deep in debt .
ever walked past a building that is massive , posh , has a nice front lawn to it , a nice water fountain at the main entrance ---------------then next year it gone ? empty ? no one working there ?
its the same thing .
DONT DO THAT !

4 ) dont limit your abilities or marketing , a broad field creates greater accesability to gain grounds .

5 ) dont tell anyone that tracker has a bald head --------------pmsl .

here are some links to get a greater knowledge of freeing your self and becoming self employed .

places near you to help you understand self employment .

http://www.businesslinkeast.co.uk/?g...Fc0B4wodzUJNBg

helpfull hints to being self employed

http://searchwarp.com/swa303268.htm

top 10 hints for self employment .

http://www.allbusiness.com/personal-...es/2481-1.html

self employed taxdeduction hints
http://ezinearticles.com/?Self-Emplo...ips&id=2049961

other sites here

if you are board of your job , feadup, want more from life , ------------just atleast research it , it cant hurt you and just for that little edge , a gift to let you know why you wanted to come here .

and here is some tips that not many help books or people will give you .
I have noticed this too in my life , see some of the videos as they will tell you what the truth is .
when we feel that manoy is evil or bad , we stop the attraction of it coming towards us , when we feel great and know that money is not evil , then we attract more of it . the main thing is to feel happy with your new adventure when you become self employed , dont let times ever get you down .
watch these they are great .

Last edited by tracker; 25-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
tracker

getting an alottment can help , also recycling your old stuffs , etc -----what about making things for bootfairs ?

its all there for the grabbing .

Last edited by tracker; 25-06-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 25-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
tracker

even the simple shoe shine man on street corners does all that .

book keeping
incoming
outgoings
costs of equipment
marketing him self

if he can do it

we can do it

because you guys have talent !

we all do !

every body wants something !

Old 25-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
tracker

when compatition is dwindling , its the best time to stand up and say

ME !
Old 25-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
tracker

Old 25-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
tracker

still very much ---------------------
Old 26-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
misterethoughts

This is a great thread! Keep this bumpin'
misterethoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
veritasvoice

Tracker, you have a really good point - the only thing I'd say is that not only recession is the best time to be self-employed...I'd say it's better ALL of the time. I know for a fact that I don't want to work for a corporation EVER AGAIN.

The more that people are self-reliant, self-sufficient and promote their own talents rather than that of the government or a corporation, the closer we get to real freedom.

Why does everyone think we see "capitalism is to blame" everywhere at the moment...because the fascist bastards in our government and their corporate cronies don't want any competition! They have their wealth and power, and now they are looking to keep the rest of us down.

Some more suggestions:

Get a workshop at home; carpentry, electronics, DIY. Save yourself some money, and maybe make some on the side through odd jobs around your community.

Get some books, learn a manual skill.

Learn how to hunt and trap

Make a garden, grow fruit and vegetables.

Get yourself off grid, as much as you can. If you're technically minded, start looking at this field and get together with some like-minded entrepreneurs and start working out a way to get affordable energy into every single home on the planet, without centralising it. Decentralise the technology so that everyone is individually energy independent. If the government doesn't want to put together a project to do this, FINE - let's do it ourselves!

Last edited by veritasvoice; 26-06-2009 at 08:15 PM.
veritasvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasvoice View Post
Tracker, you have a really good point - the only thing I'd say is that not only recession is the best time to be self-employed...I'd say it's better ALL of the time. I know for a fact that I don't want to work for a corporation EVER AGAIN.

The more that people are self-reliant, self-sufficient and promote their own talents rather than that of the government or a corporation, the closer we get to real freedom.

Why does everyone think we see "capitalism is to blame" everywhere at the moment...because the fascist bastards in our government and their corporate cronies don't want any competition! They have their wealth and power, and now they are looking to keep the rest of us down.

Some more suggestions:

Get a workshop at home; carpentry, electronics, DIY. Save yourself some money, and maybe make some on the side through odd jobs around your community.

Get some books, learn a manual skill.

Learn how to hunt and trap

Make a garden, grow fruit and vegetables.

Get yourself off grid, as much as you can. If you're technically minded, start looking at this field and get together with some like-minded entrepreneurs and start working out a way to get affordable energy into every single home on the planet, without centralising it. Decentralise the technology so that everyone is individually energy independent. If the government doesn't want to put together a project to do this, FINE - let's do it ourselves!
this is exactly why i made this thread .

think about --------ALL THAT FREE TIME ---------------whilst getting working tax credits being self employed . also --------so what if you dont make much or for that matter anything at all .
garrenteed income !----lots of time on your hands !
the possabilities are endless .
reseacrhing
handyman jobs
gardening
alottments
survival .

thankyou for sussing it out .

one can gain a lot of knowledge ---------being self employed .

one can gain skills , and more .

the world is our oyster , only one thing -----------remember---------dont take out loans !

Old 26-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterethoughts View Post
This is a great thread! Keep this bumpin'
I shall do because people need to read it and leanr that this is the best time .
Old 26-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
armoured_amazon

Sucks in my industry, though. I'm trying to get into another one atm. I'll never be employed - firstly, no one'll hire me, secondly, I can't bear to work for a company.

armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #12
tracker

howdy armourd amazon .

well it seems like self employment just might be a good idea then .

its just another option really .
it keeps folks away from rellying on state benifits and also allows the person the perfect opotunity to do what they want .

I know many people on working tax credits being self employed .
they hardly earn a penny , so all they have to do a the end of the year is fill out their paperwork , and as you can tell , it dont take long .

the tax office doesnt require you to earn lots , all it requires you to do is to keep receipts ( if any ) and file the return .

its quite easy really .

Last edited by tracker; 27-06-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 27-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
howdy armourd amazon .

well it seems like self employment just might be a good idea then .

its just another option really .
it keeps folks away from rellying on state benifits and also allows the person the perfect opotunity to do what they want .

I know many people on working tax credits being self employed .
they hardly earn a penny , so all they have to do a the end of the year is fill out their paperwork , and as you can tell , it dont take long .

the tax office doesnt require you to earn lots , all it requires you to do is to keep receipts ( if any ) and file the return .

its quite easy really .
Oh, I'm self-employed atm, I've been self-employed since I was twenty. But I get NOTHING. No tax credits, 'cause I don't have kids. No working tax credits, 'cause I don't do enough hours. No help with council tax or rent, even though I'm not making enough money to cover either atm. And yet, if I quit and tried to sign on for JSA, I'd get nothing anyway, 'cause I'd made myself unemployed voluntarily. Wtf? Rock and a hard place.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 27-06-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 27-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
Oh, I'm self-employed atm, I've been self-employed since I was twenty. But I get NOTHING. No tax credits, 'cause I don't have kids. No working tax credits, 'cause I don't do enough hours. No help with council tax or rent, even though I'm not making enough money to cover either atm. And yet, if I quit and tried to sign on for JSA, I'd get nothing anyway, 'cause I'd made myself unemployed voluntarily. Wtf? Rock and a hard place.

something is seriously wrong here .

to get working tax credits one must be able ( to claim ) that they work 30hours a week or more .

thats all .

looks like -------how you are claiming it seems wrong .

unless you are earning shit loads less than 30 hours a week .

I need more info

how ever , as you know you are not obliged .
Old 27-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #15
pri01

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post

You have to rehearse right? Your rehearsal time together with your learning lyrics, writing songs and researching music sites on the web is all work time. How do other self employed people qualify for the minimum 16 hours I think? A carpenter might only spend one hour putting in someones kitchen cabinet. But he spent 2 days in his workshop planning and making it. You should qualify, I don't think you need to have kids to qualify either.

Last edited by pri01; 27-06-2009 at 06:10 PM.
pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #16
guuna

Been thinking about taking the plunge and quitting my present job alot lately.

Working night shifts at a hotel, never a weekend free, not had a holiday in 2 years. Making me miserable.

Was thinking about starting off doing something else.
Old 28-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #17
ilponn

im thinking about setting up my own art gallery or some thing just cant to seem to get it of the ground for some reason
Old 28-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #18
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilponn View Post
im thinking about setting up my own art gallery or some thing just cant to seem to get it of the ground for some reason
gallery

eek ---yeah ---rather you than me dude /dudette .

what about making a web site 1st and or advertising on the net .

in the meanwhile you could do some info research on the life and times of the artists

if the artist is you

do stuff on a small part of your history / town and its history
things that affected them or you .

all this can be done during spare time whilst you are waiting for responses .

I need more info on what type of art you spake there of ye dude/dudette .

come back and sayeth more

and ye old tracker might give you some hints

or

pm me its better .
Old 29-06-2009, 01:01 AM   #19
armoured_amazon

Quote:
something is seriously wrong here .

to get working tax credits one must be able ( to claim ) that they work 30hours a week or more .

thats all .

looks like -------how you are claiming it seems wrong .

unless you are earning shit loads less than 30 hours a week .

I need more info

how ever , as you know you are not obliged .
Generally, I work less than 30 hrs, but my working weeks vary so much - I could be off for a few months and then get a ton of studio work, which is lots of money for a couple of hours work, then no work for several weeks/month etc. I think they are just being assy with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pri01 View Post
You have to rehearse right? Your rehearsal time together with your learning lyrics, writing songs and researching music sites on the web is all work time. How do other self employed people qualify for the minimum 16 hours I think? A carpenter might only spend one hour putting in someones kitchen cabinet. But he spent 2 days in his workshop planning and making it. You should qualify, I don't think you need to have kids to qualify either.
See, they tried to tell me I couldn't take that into account, wtf? If I'm teaching, I spend hours in preparation etc, hours I can't work elsewhere; it should be relevant. I'm going to reapply.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 29-06-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 29-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #20
amabus

Smile Hey Tracker!

Quote:
gallery

eek ---yeah ---rather you than me dude /dudette .

what about making a web site 1st and or advertising on the net .

in the meanwhile you could do some info research on the life and times of the artists

if the artist is you

do stuff on a small part of your history / town and its history
things that affected them or you .

all this can be done during spare time whilst you are waiting for responses .

I need more info on what type of art you spake there of ye dude/dudette .

come back and sayeth more

and ye old tracker might give you some hints

or

pm me its better .
I'll pm you too 'cause I could really use some hints. I just put up a web site
http://www.AngelsKitties.com

My partner and I have "walked the walk" so to speak for years - no credit cards or debt of any kind, no new cars, not trying to get rich - just be happy. And we ARE happy but also about to lose our home . So if anyone wants to help out, our artwork is for sale on the website. At least send me a note if you go there. Please?

Peace and Love to All.
Angela