Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 29-12-2015, 01:37 AM   #61
teardropexplodes

Default Drawing and nothingness

My latest drawing.

I see magic everywhere, especially here where the bricks and mortar butt up against the fields and scrubby trees of the greenbelt. You see, I'm a spiritual kinda guy. Most people roll their eyes and/or run a mile when they hear this, but it's a term I've always used to describe my outlook. Yet, when I stop to think about it, I have no idea what the term means. I've always felt incomplete and cloudy and this is a nice, vague term. Oh, I don't particularly believe in god or follow any religion, but I am SPIRITUAL, man. Haha. There is some mystery tied up within the contradictions of consciousness and being. I'm searching for something, some new way of seeing that resolves all of the turmoil and the confusion that I feel. Some people turn to religion. Some become committed, faithful atheists. I'm not sure there's a name for what I turned to. Maybe that's it, I TURNED, and I kept on turning. I'm spinning in constant revolution. A circle, measured from any point, as Charles Fort used to say. That circle, at this time, is represented in my own "spirituality" by Dent Road. Dent Road is a very boring road and boring for me has always equalled PERFECT. Boring is a blank canvas, an empty screen for me to project my shit onto. Also, Dent Road is the perfect metaphor for Hull. It doesn't go anywhere. It goes round in circles. It's sort of ugly but when you get to know it you begin to love it. You have to live here for a long while to understand.

Newspapers love to print reports about crap places to live in the UK and Hull generally features at or near the top. People here get worked up about this, but not me. Who wants to be somewhere near the middle? Somewhere just sort of OK. Like Milton Keynes? No, Hull exists at the EXTREME end. It is extremely fucked and it's full of extremists like me. The people with potential fuck off down south, leaving us here to dream and drown in the crappest town in the UK. The type of people who compile these reports are my enemy. They are the fucking clueless idiots who Wilde denounced as knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing. They are the unmystical fuckers who fucked off down south to become successful. These are the high priests of uncool, and these are the people who will be the herdsmen of Hull's 2017: City of Culture.

Hull's ordinariness is its secret strength and this is the inspiration for most of my cultural creations: ordinariness embodied by the roads and the walks around the Bricknell Estate where I live. Since leaving university I've focused my lens to an even more narrow depth of field: I'm now studying DENT ROAD. Dent Road, as I've already stated above, doesn't actually go anywhere. I've been walking around it in circles for years. My first clear memory of the road dates back to about 1979. I'll probably write about that someday, it's a pretty boring story though.

I have a theory that if you loop round and round a familiar public highway consecutively many times you will walk away a transformed man or woman. This is my own method of suburban ritual magic. The number of circuits you make is up to you. You'll know when it's time to leave. You just have to make enough revolutions so that you feel like an idiot, begin to ask yourself what the fuck you are doing and hope that no one has noticed. This is the point at which the transformation begins. The most successful such ritual for me was the day I drove round and round Fairfax Avenue's roundabout for an hour. I'll probably write that up here one day. It's pretty boring though.

So, walking round Dent Road, I noticed a signpost that doesn't actually have a sign -- another cool metaphor. It doesn't say STOP DOING THAT BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL. It doesn't say anything, it just stands there signifying nothing, nothing but its own redundancy. To me this seems cool because I myself have been redundant for a long time now. I identify with this sign, man. Then I noticed that there are in fact three of these signs on the Dent Road circuit and they're actually quite beautiful. They are decades old, battered and rusting as layers of dull council paint flake and erode away. They resemble a two barred cross and look to me like religious symbols of a lost culture. Their meaninglessness appeals to me and over the last few weeks they've become totems of my damned quest.

I researched a little into this two barred cross for any possible significance or meaning it may have, hoping to find some deeper communication from the universe. Apparently, the first time this symbol appeared was in ancient Sumeria where it represented a shepherd's crook. The "shepherds" were the high priests, or controllers, of this society... and we were the sheep. So its first appearance was a symbol of our "civilisation", or domestication, quite appropriate for a council housing estate. The symbol came to represent the fundamental Hermetic occult maxim: as above, so below. Presumably the two levels of the cross corresponding with the "above" and the "below", the spiritual and the physical. There is ultimately but one truth and this is the quest of Hermeticism, the resolution of the spiritual and the physical, thought and matter, man and god. The universe is god and god is man and man is god. What is true above is also true below. Far out shit. It's also been a symbol of the Templar crusader knights, those nice chaps who murdered lots of people in the middle east, and is still used today in Templar freemasonry. It became the alchemical symbol for sulphur and Anton LeVay took it as the symbol of the Church of Satan. The two barred cross's most recent and interesting deployment is as the symbol of the NABISCO GROUP. Yes, in a beautiful poetic ring we come full circle... to COOKIES! Maybe that's what all this is about? Cookies: the circle of life. Such beautiful, cosmic poetry to contemplate as I walk the Bricknell estate and her cookie-cutter, council-built houses. There is actually a conspiracy theory that says that the Nabisco Group was set up by satanic templar freemasons. Well, I've tracked them down to Dent Road and I'm closing in on The Answer.
Old 25-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #62
teardropexplodes

Made a tune to accompany my painting...

Old 25-01-2016, 07:17 PM   #63
supertzar

Your technique is flawless, at least to my eye. I thought it was a photo for sure. Self-taught or art school?
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #64
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Your technique is flawless, at least to my eye. I thought it was a photo for sure. Self-taught or art school?
Thanks man that's very kind!
I've just finished an art degree but it was more contemporary stuff and I taught myself to paint really.
Just about to start a big painting of my estate and hoping to make it special. Quite excited!
The queen painting was done a couple of years ago and I've already shared it here I think. It's called Girl Power
I just made that audio for it though which has mind control and masonic references (I've dabbled in neither!)
Old 25-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #65
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by teardropexplodes View Post
Thanks man that's very kind!
I've just finished an art degree but it was more contemporary stuff and I taught myself to paint really.
Just about to start a big painting of my estate and hoping to make it special. Quite excited!
The queen painting was done a couple of years ago and I've already shared it here I think. It's called Girl Power
I just made that audio for it though which has mind control and masonic references (I've dabbled in neither!)
It was the Dent Road one I was commenting on. That queen one really captures something about her. It reminds me of how a certain individual (a Demonologist professor!) appeared to me when I was about three or four: very dark. Your music is cool too as I think I mentioned before. Very "arty" for lack of a better term.

Last edited by supertzar; 25-01-2016 at 07:48 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #66
lagamorph

Outstanding work. You sir are talented. The thread was an interesting read too.

I just started one yesterday based on a sad news story that happened not quite 100 mi from me. I decided on pen and ink as the medium after I dicked around with sanguine crayon for awhile, although I may switch back. Hopefully the final piece will project the forlorness the story made me feel.
Old 26-01-2016, 01:02 AM   #67
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
It was the Dent Road one I was commenting on. That queen one really captures something about her. It reminds me of how a certain individual (a Demonologist professor!) appeared to me when I was about three or four: very dark. Your music is cool too as I think I mentioned before. Very "arty" for lack of a better term.
Demonology professor? Damn, that's heavy for a kid! I struggled with the nice lady at playschool!
Old 26-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #68
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagamorph View Post
Outstanding work. You sir are talented. The thread was an interesting read too.

I just started one yesterday based on a sad news story that happened not quite 100 mi from me. I decided on pen and ink as the medium after I dicked around with sanguine crayon for awhile, although I may switch back. Hopefully the final piece will project the forlorness the story made me feel.
There's always interesting folk with great insights to chat to on here.

black ink is great for being expressive. It's very simple and I think it's the best medium to use when you're trying to access that magical quantum realm within... whatever that means, hah!
You can't rub it out so it has to stay on the page. And it's either black or it's white, one thing or the other, on or off. It doesn't demand too much conscious thought so you can slip into that dreamy state more easily. The pen just carries your thoughts and emotions. With paint you have so much going on, mixing, cleaning brushes, squirting tubes etc!
Also be wary of news stories. Some reported events can be very far from reality and are often delivered in ways to manipulate our emotions...
Old 26-01-2016, 02:34 AM   #69
lagamorph

Haha...the news story that inspired me...

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthrea...post1062668910

Overlook me putting people on blast in that thread. Sometimes when I get fed up, it shows.
Old 27-02-2016, 01:39 AM   #70
teardropexplodes

I made a song which ties in with all the other crap I've been doing... "existentialism" and shamanism around my housing estate etc. It didn't quite work but I think it's an interesting vibe.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #71
semper_occultus

Quote:
I see magic everywhere, especially here where the bricks and mortar butt up against the fields and scrubby trees of the greenbelt.
...that's interesting as I once saw an interview with Alexi Sayle & he was talking about one of his favourite artists Jock McFadyen & how he grokked the paintings about exactly that...Sayle referred to it as "the Interzone" ..that zone of liminality between the natural & artificial worlds that you get in JG Ballard sci-fi...although as I mentioned in a previous post I reckon your stuff is alot better than his...
semper_occultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #72
diamond dogs

[QUOTE=teardropexplodes;1062653004]
My latest drawing.

Your work is fabulous .. It has meaning and the detail is brilliant.. Top of the Tree.. I am a big fan of suburbia artwork.

Queenie song and painting is haunting ..

What a credit to Hull..
''Media control is still based in the main on cultural manipulation. It's just so easy to do. When you set up one set of objectives toward the public and you've given them a certain definition for each code word, you hit them with the various code words and they're not going to believe anything if you don't want them to." Bowie
diamond dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #73
westend

for lafs i took a screen grab of Dent Rd. in google maps and ran it through a couple of filters in gimp to see if it looked like the drawing

Last edited by westend; 03-04-2016 at 01:09 AM.
westend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:05 AM   #74
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by semper_occultus View Post
...that's interesting as I once saw an interview with Alexi Sayle & he was talking about one of his favourite artists Jock McFadyen & how he grokked the paintings about exactly that...Sayle referred to it as "the Interzone" ..that zone of liminality between the natural & artificial worlds that you get in JG Ballard sci-fi...although as I mentioned in a previous post I reckon your stuff is alot better than his...
Hmm, interesting. Interzone, the song by Joy Division, is one of my favourites too. They are cool places. I get a kick out of exploring the footpaths, looking for clues or remnants of the medieval farm that the estate was built over. Aftera while you forget you're wandering round a crappy housing estate and life seems more interesting and less crushing. Could be wrong but I think Ballard focused too hard on the negatives. I'm looking for ways to transcend the monotony and trying to be positive.
Possibly wrote this earlier but on this land in the 1800s they found Celtic chariot fittings while digging the railway which bisected the farm (and now the estate). Celtic gold torcs and coins were found in the area around that time too. In the iron age it would have been swamp and the Celts thought swamps and marshes were halfway points betweentwo worlds and they threw in offerings to the gods.
I always get a strange vibe around here, like a heightened feeling of creativity and I'm always buzzing. It makes me wonder. Especially when the council dumped the stone circle here! Haha.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 AM   #75
teardropexplodes

[QUOTE=diamond dogs;1062707944]
Quote:

Your work is fabulous .. It has meaning and the detail is brilliant.. Top of the Tree.. I am a big fan of suburbia artwork.

Queenie song and painting is haunting ..

What a credit to Hull..
Thanks man.
Hull is quite a nice place but it is changing.
Certain forces seem intent on turning it on its head.
It is so corrupt and badly managed. The council are just filth.
We're hearing of more and more murders, something which was once very rare.
Even this peaceful estate is becoming less of a community and more edgy and aggressive.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:14 AM   #76
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by westend View Post
for lafs i took a screen grab of Dent Rd. in google maps and ran it through a couple of filters in gimp to see if it looked like the drawing
Cheeky bastard!
Post-modern pop art!
The sign isn't actually there but there are four around Dent Road.
I wannaknow what they once said.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:19 AM   #77
teardropexplodes

Just put this song back up. It's going to be the soundtrack for a little film I'm gonna make. I'm going to paint a sign for the abandoned sign posts on Dent Road and put it up on one of them and record it on film.
Bring the sign back to life kinda thing with a little ritual.
I might write "NO SIGNS" on it, hehe. Or some of my poetry. I dunno.

Last edited by teardropexplodes; 03-04-2016 at 02:20 AM.
teardropexplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:40 AM   #78
westend

lovely looking area to be honest, clean and tidy with a big green field.
westend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #79
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by westend View Post
lovely looking area to be honest, clean and tidy with a big green field.
Aar, that it be