Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 09-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #21
kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by teardropexplodes View Post
I just finished a painting and thought I'd share it and the little story behind it.
In January 2006 I went for a walk at night around my estate and took this photo outside a row of shops.

I was sort of pretending to levitate and I went home and wrote a poem about death and resurrection and posted it on my blog. The following May the shops were demolished after an explosion in a kebab shop. The land was flattened and a stone circle was put there. I've always been into stone circles and thought this was weird.

I'm studying fine at and decided to paint myself 50ft tall hovering naked above the stone circle. Not sure why, it just came to me. Then as I was hanging it up a couple of weeks ago to be graded I realised I was in the same pose as the photo I took back in 2006 and pretty much above the same spot. Probably just my subconscious but I'd been reading about Philip K Dick and his idea that his consciousness had split and partially entered what he called orthogonal time. He thought his future self had transmitted ideas for novels, scenes from which he subsequently began to experience in his life. At the time I was painting this I was filled with an odd sensation that it was not me painting it. It's probably the 4th proper painting I've done and is far superior than anything I've done so far. It freaked me out a little. It felt like I was channeling something.

Here's the stone circle as it appears today on the site of the shops.

After the explosion it turned out one man died in the kebab shop, an Egyptian, and I developed this crazy idea that he was a time traveler from ancient Egypt who had traveled thru a worm hole which had collapsed, causing the explosion. The stone circle was put there by the suits at the council to use patriarchal British bronze age magic to plug the timegate and prevent any ancient lost wisdom from Atlantis travelling here to Hull.

The whole experience of studying art over the last 3 or 4 years has been quite weird, like I'm being led down a path that I'm not entirely sure I want to walk but have no choice.

Before beginning my studies I'd been ill with undiagnosed coeliac disease and unemployed for about 20 years. I'd given up on ever having a life. Now I sometimes wonder if it was for a reason and those introspective years of desperate lonely madness were some kind of training for the direction I'm heading in now.
You are very talented im speechless and that doesnt happen often. I do have a question, why no cars painted on the street?
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 09-01-2015 at 08:54 AM.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #22
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
WONDERFUL! You should try deviant art. It's deviantart.com
Thanks UFO!

Because I'm so cool I made a deviantart ten whole years ago!!

http://ifiweresomeonenotme.deviantart.com/

It's funny, looking at what I was about in '04.
My image of myself and what I'm about has changed so much, it's scary.
But that's life I guess
I used to like it there but don't really use it these days..

*edit*

http://ifiweresomeonenotme.deviantar...arity-27814476

Just noticed that I uploaded the pic of me in front of the shops before they exploded!
All those years before I got into this painting nonsense
Crazy world...

Last edited by teardropexplodes; 10-01-2015 at 05:46 PM.
teardropexplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #23
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
You are very talented im speechless and that doesnt happen often. I do have a question, why no cars painted on the street?
Thanks man. I don't think I'm massively talented, I just spend hours and hours obsessing over stuff until it looks right. My friend thinks I'm autistic, haha

Good point about the cars. I'm not sure why I don't put them in. They totally transform the feeling of the image and I prefer them not to be there. I think cars are one of the things that really date images. You know immediately the age of an image... 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, whatever, by looking at the cars. I guess I want my stuff to stand outside of any concrete temporal definition. Oooh, you can tell I've been to uni! The estate was built between the 40s and 60s and it's nice that my art could refer to any time between then and now.

I like your stuff too. Always positive and cheery so keep it coming. How long have you been writing songs for?
Old 10-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #24
kaiser

Quote:
Thanks man. I don't think I'm massively talented, I just spend hours and hours obsessing over stuff until it looks right. My friend thinks I'm autistic, haha

Good point about the cars. I'm not sure why I don't put them in. They totally transform the feeling of the image and I prefer them not to be there. I think cars are one of the things that really date images. You know immediately the age of an image... 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, whatever, by looking at the cars. I guess I want my stuff to stand outside of any concrete temporal definition. Oooh, you can tell I've been to uni! The estate was built between the 40s and 60s and it's nice that my art could refer to any time between then and now.

I like your stuff too. Always positive and cheery so keep it coming. How long have you been writing songs for?
Yeah i can relate to the perfection thing being a bit autistic'y my self, sometimes its hard to know when enough is enough and the job is done guess thats as important as starting is finishing (in the right place).. I have been doing my songs for a year exactly and trying to play guitar for 2 im comforted by the thought it can only get better.

Thanks for the explanation about the cars just think it leaves the painting naked in some way, it feels to me like an undecorated Christmas tree but thats my experience of your great art work. I hope you dont mind me sharing, thats art for you isnt it reflect on the emotion a piece gives you. :-)
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 10-01-2015 at 07:56 PM.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #25
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Yeah i can relate to the perfection thing being a bit autistic'y my self, sometimes its hard to know when enough is enough and the job is done guess thats as important as starting is finishing (in the right place).. I have been doing my songs for a year exactly and trying to play guitar for 2 im comforted by the thought it can only get better.

Thanks for the explanation about the cars just think it leaves the painting naked in some way, it feels to me like an undecorated Christmas tree but thats my experience of your great art work. I hope you dont mind me sharing, thats art for you isnt it reflect on the emotion a piece gives you. :-)
Not necessarily better but it will change and evolve. I look back at stuff I wrote 20 years ago and it's miles more exciting than what I do now even tho technically I am better. The more you learn the less mysterious and exciting it feels. Maybe that's just cos we get older and wiser
Pretty good for 2 years work tho, man! The sky is the limit. Did you have any tuition? I always avoided that! But I would say it's good to hang out with others who play and maybe play together and swap ideas and techniques.

I don't mind criticism. I prefer it to praise if it's sincere. I've only really just started painting and they do feel sort of bare and unfinished like a tree in winter Not sure what I'm trying to say with them yet but I have high aspirations. Am thinkin hard and opening myself up to the universe. It feels sometimes like it's not me doing them. It can be a bit weird. (no drugs involved)
Old 11-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #26
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
Brilliant stuff...
I like the Graham Hancock portrait. Really looking forward to his sequel to Fingerprints of the Gods!)
Yeah big fan of Mr Hancock, met him at a talk he did in my home town a few weeks ago, he's a very nice man, my art is also on his site

http://www.grahamhancock.com/gallery/david_thorley/
cafe beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #27
cafe beelzebub

I think it's better without cars, like a ghost town, makes it more eerie and strange!
Old 11-01-2015, 10:02 PM   #28
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
It feels sometimes like it's not me doing them.
I know what you mean by that, art is like channeling, what i don't know, the subconscious, a higher reality, a lot of time I've sat down to draw, write poetry or play the guitar and it feels like there is something there, beyond my conscious awareness fully formed and i just have to turn into it and it flows through, other times nothing comes out except a load of old shit and i have to throw it in the bin!
Old 13-01-2015, 02:03 AM   #29
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe beelzebub View Post
I know what you mean by that, art is like channeling, what i don't know, the subconscious, a higher reality, a lot of time I've sat down to draw, write poetry or play the guitar and it feels like there is something there, beyond my conscious awareness fully formed and i just have to turn into it and it flows through, other times nothing comes out except a load of old shit and i have to throw it in the bin!
Same with me. I guess this raises questions about what we really are and what all of this really is.
I have read many theories but I have absolutely no idea what is going on.
Let's face it, no one does.
And beware anyone who tells you they do!

That's great about your art being featured on Hancock's site! How did that happen?
I've heard he is a really good guy and is prepared to talk with people.
I heard he gave a talk in Bradford recently and would definitely have gone but only heard the day after!!!!!!! Agh!
hopefully he will be traveling more soon to promote his book
Old 13-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #30
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
Same with me. I guess this raises questions about what we really are and what all of this really is.
I have read many theories but I have absolutely no idea what is going on.
Let's face it, no one does.
And beware anyone who tells you they do!
totally agree.

Quote:
That's great about your art being featured on Hancock's site! How did that happen?
I've heard he is a really good guy and is prepared to talk with people.
I heard he gave a talk in Bradford recently and would definitely have gone but only heard the day after!!!!!!! Agh!
hopefully he will be traveling more soon to promote his book
That's where i saw him in Bradford! it wasn't widely advertised and a few spare seats...

He put out an email last year to get signed book plates sent to you if you'd bought his book, i just sent him the link to my artwork and he replied and offered to put my work on his site

Last edited by cafe beelzebub; 13-01-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 15-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #31
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe beelzebub View Post
totally agree.

That's where i saw him in Bradford! it wasn't widely advertised and a few spare seats...
That's crazy! I wish he'd said on his facebook. But then I guess I wouldn't have got in.
Hope it was a good night anyway.

Quote:
He put out an email last year to get signed book plates sent to you if you'd bought his book, i just sent him the link to my artwork and he replied and offered to put my work on his site
That's so kind of him. He must have genuinely liked them to do that though
Old 15-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #32
pinochio
Banned

surreal.Daliish.
Do you have vivid dreams?
pinochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 04:16 AM   #33
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinochio View Post
surreal.Daliish.
Do you have vivid dreams?
Not a fan of Dali or any of the so-called surrealists...
I don't really have much in the way of dreams.
But these days life feels like one long dream...
It gets stranger and stranger for me.
But when I was around ten I had a series of terrifying waking dreams or maybe visions.
Honestly, they've stuck with me all my life and I've wondered what exactly they were.
Was I just ill and feverish or was it something more profound.
My parents couldn't wake me and I do remember them. I was "conscious", ie my eyes were open and I could communicate but the world was transformed in the most terrifying way.
I remember sitting with mum on the sofa looking down the room. She brought me down from bed and sat with me as I was so upset. There was an endless desolate plain which stretched into infinity.
I remember strange beasts peering down at me around my bed and I remember a certain substance which was so incredibly horrible, terrifying, nightmarish, indescribable that... I can't describe it! It was more a feeling.
They didn't last long and I never had one again.
Although in my early 20s I had a lot of scary mental problems. Anxiety, paranoia, depression etc. Almost fell apart but, well, here I am, getting my life back together!
I'm inclined to say these childhood experiences were hallucinations brought about by illness. I used to get really ill as a kid. But, I dunno, it was so real and intense.
I have always wondered...
Old 17-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #34
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
That's crazy! I wish he'd said on his facebook. But then I guess I wouldn't have got in.
Hope it was a good night anyway.
Think he posted it once on his facebook, i was lucky to see it really, the same talk he did is online anyway, he's done it in a few paces now.
Old 22-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #35
pinochio
Banned

Quote:
Not a fan of Dali or any of the so-called surrealists...
I don't really have much in the way of dreams.
But these days life feels like one long dream...
It gets stranger and stranger for me.
But when I was around ten I had a series of terrifying waking dreams or maybe visions.
Honestly, they've stuck with me all my life and I've wondered what exactly they were.
Was I just ill and feverish or was it something more profound.
My parents couldn't wake me and I do remember them. I was "conscious", ie my eyes were open and I could communicate but the world was transformed in the most terrifying way.
I remember sitting with mum on the sofa looking down the room. She brought me down from bed and sat with me as I was so upset. There was an endless desolate plain which stretched into infinity.
I remember strange beasts peering down at me around my bed and I remember a certain substance which was so incredibly horrible, terrifying, nightmarish, indescribable that... I can't describe it! It was more a feeling.
They didn't last long and I never had one again.
Although in my early 20s I had a lot of scary mental problems. Anxiety, paranoia, depression etc. Almost fell apart but, well, here I am, getting my life back together!
I'm inclined to say these childhood experiences were hallucinations brought about by illness. I used to get really ill as a kid. But, I dunno, it was so real and intense.
I have always wondered...

Thats interesting.I´ve had very similar experiences to that as a child and teenager.When I was 7 or 8ish I had a bad phase when I could not sleep.This went on for months,,nightmares hearing voices in the room,hallucinations I thought I was going crazy.I had to pray.It all stopped.
Later in my teen years I had a month of profound inner experiences.Leaving the body,Kundalini ie what felt like pulses of current/electricity rippling up my entire body which culminated in visions.Sleep paralysis.I think I had everything in the book and then it stopped.Just like that.It was the event that got me searching and interested in MysticismI read everything I could on the subject from the Upanishads to The Cloud of Unknowing and everything inbetween!.Since then I´ve never looked at the world the same again.

Last edited by pinochio; 22-01-2015 at 10:43 AM.
pinochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #36
teardropexplodes

The first page of a graphic novel which I may complete in honour of our wonderful city.. "Hull city of culture 2017"! It's a personal celebration of this place as I experience it. Or maybe it's just a personal celebration of ME because I am fucking amazing. Either way Hull is such a magical place. And the magic is IN US ALL!!! Real ordinary fucking Hull magic. The kind of magic that will send you mad if invoked too often. So tread carefully diabolic urban shamans.

Hull is other people of course refers to Jean Paul Sartre's Hell is other people. By this he meant that we define and create ourselves using other people's perceptions of ourselves and if our relations with others are twisted this can make our existence hellish. My thoughts here are that we should not allow our environment to shape us. We should find ways of transcending the maddening ordinariness of our urban environments. We must use our imaginations and take inspiration from our ancestors' great achievements.. We must create our own personal mythologies. Urban shamanism.

It's been such hard work getting this finished. Hours and hours of painstaking work.
It's actually large, about A1 size.

Last edited by teardropexplodes; 15-04-2015 at 12:56 PM.
teardropexplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #37
speakingout

Quote:
Cheers man!
It's not the world's best painting but I'm still learning. Decided it's gonna be part of a triptych which I'll finish this summer. Our estate has a few foxes that prowl at night and I'm feeling they have to figure in the next one.
I checked out your music quickly last night too. Pretty good stuff. Will listen properly later!
I like to dabble myself. Not easy to get a good sound. A lot of work and thought required. Kinda like painting, hehe.
What you mean its not the worlds best, your painting is awesome your very talented - I mean the Mona Lisa aint not oil painting.......well it is actually but you know what I mean lol

Last edited by speakingout; 15-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.
speakingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #38
fudgetusk

I live in Hull. I've had many magical experiences there. I've posted up threads about them. I recall hearing that kebab shop exploding. It formed a synchronicity for me as I had been expecting a "significant exlposion".

Last edited by fudgetusk; 15-04-2015 at 02:24 PM.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #39
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingout View Post
What you mean its not the worlds best, your painting is awesome your very talented - I mean the Mona Lisa aint not oil painting.......well it is actually but you know what I mean lol
Agh! Don't bring Leonardo into this! Mona's smile wasn't enigmatic. She was just hiding her mouthful of rotten teeth...
Old 15-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #40
teardropexplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
I live in Hull. I've had many magical experiences there. I've posted up threads about them. I recall hearing that kebab shop exploding. It formed a synchronicity for me as I had been expecting a "significant exlposion".
Gotta be careful where you explode...
Nice city really. Has an unfair bad rep.
There is a strange nothingy kinda vibe tho.
A lot of apathy and lack of self belief or ambition.
Then there is the deeply corrupt council.
And Colin Inglis. Google him and soham murders.
He's currently trying to get us fluoridated...so get writing.
Also we now have Mandelson as our warden or whatever his title is.
That was an odd business. A friend of the Rothschild.
Did you see Icke speak at willerby manor?
That was crazy. I subsequently even got to vote for him!