Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 12-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #41
tinmenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetfrog View Post
No I didnt ~ very cool, though I was drawn in by the dew droplets. Its little details like that that give the picture so much depth, good work!
Backatcha!
tinmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #42
lumukanda
Premier Subscribers

yeah, i have to say that river shot is something else frog, as you said, the slide film brings out so much colour, a bit hard getting that kind of effect with digital, unless you want to photoshop the hell out of it.
Old 29-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #43
garth

here's one for tin..Dwarf Bird of Paradise

cheers
garth
Old 29-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #44
tinmenace

Oh Wow, Garth! Thanks for that.

I absolutely love those! Is that your plant?

I'm going to dig up a few more of mine to share with you.
Old 29-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #45
garth

your welcome Tin, yep in the front garden, Cool, love to see ya pics

Cheers garth
Old 29-04-2007, 02:07 AM   #46
whitenight639
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumukanda View Post
any of you guys photographers? professional or amatuer?
i thought if so, we can share pics, tips etc etc.
here's a link to my flickr account, have a look and let me knoww what you think :

www.flickr.com/photos/semjaja
wow lumukanda your an inspiration! iv only just started with photography, ill show you some of mine when my other PC is sorted.

"The only way to make a dream come true is to wake up!"

whitenight639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #47
tinmenace

Here we go, Garth...

Old 29-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #48
lumukanda
Premier Subscribers

thanks whitenight, i've only been into it for about a year. i look forward to seeing your pics.
Old 29-04-2007, 05:45 AM   #49
garth

Awesome flowers Tin..... spectacular...good on ya
Old 29-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #50
garth

Hey tin, here's a couple of others from out in the yard

Old 29-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #51
limelady
Inactive

Hey guys!!

Amazing photo and video thread!

You're all so clever - pollock (gorgeours sunsets and little close-up bugs), lumukanda (magnificent sunsets and effects), tinmenace (breathtakingly beautiful macro photography), mulderman (incredible dramatic macro and graphic design...clever chicken!), jeffangel (those awesome canal shots colours...LOVED the swan), garth, you're a man of many talents....loving your beautiful flowers

A special mention to planetfrog because I've got to say I LOVE your work! Your Flowers day video is just so beautiful and moving - the looks on some of those people's faces......it didn't always work, but your managed to turn SO MANY glum faces into smiles on a cold London day! Your have a wonderful face and smile yourself. Truly magnificent from beginning to end.

Thanks so much all of you for sharing your talent....and PLEASE do keep it coming!
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #52
purple is a fruit
Inactive

Wonderful thread everyone.
And I want to agree with Limelady above that planetfrogs 'flowers Day' video actually gave me goosebumps, It was an amazing thing you did, just beautiful. Thank you everyone for sharing your talents here, it is a pleasure to watch and view it all

Purple
purple is a fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #53
tinmenace

Garth, Bougainvillea and Hibiscus. Two of my faves! Thanks so much for sharing that with me. I love them.

Our house was previously owned by an elderly lady who planted (overplanted really) only flowering plants in the yard. So, everything I have flowers, except the Maple and the Oaks. I have a massive Southern Magnolia (I borrowed the photo below from hiltonpond.org).

The flowers are often as big as a person's entire head! She'll be blooming within weeks. I see other Magnolias around town are already in the throes of blossoming.

Right now my Confederate Jasmine is blooming, and oh boy, that is just the most heavenly smell there is (that and Gardenia!).

Another tree that is quite common here is the Crepe Myrtle (photo borrowed from lakechapalagardenclub.com)

These beauties, that come in a variety of colors, flower ALL summer long. They have big heavy bushels of flowers. I have one at the end of my property, but it has been left to grown naturally so it doesn't look as good as the pruned trees. One of these days, I'll get someone to prune her.
Old 30-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #54
garth

Hey Tin, thanks for the pics and stuff..Cool as..

Yep ya can't beat gardenias and jasmine for the best fragrance around, it's the best. You must have similar growing conditions to me, because both do really well here (sub tropical), just mine are all finished as we are coming into winter. The Gardenia Florida's (presume they come from your neck of the woods with a name like that??) flower abundantly for about 6 month's and the smell becomes so thick its almost intoxicating. Love the magnolia...wow as big as person's head...thats one big flower.

The more plants the better I reck'on, less room for the weeds to grow

Only thing thats does'nt do well here is azaleas, not sure why, just never see a good one, they tend to go all sticky, and don't produce many flowers.

Garth
Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 AM   #55
tinmenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
Hey Tin, thanks for the pics and stuff..Cool as..

Yep ya can't beat gardenias and jasmine for the best fragrance around, it's the best. You must have similar growing conditions to me, because both do really well here (sub tropical), just mine are all finished as we are coming into winter. The Gardenia Florida's (presume they come from your neck of the woods with a name like that??) flower abundantly for about 6 month's and the smell becomes so thick its almost intoxicating. Love the magnolia...wow as big as person's head...thats one big flower.

The more plants the better I reck'on, less room for the weeds to grow

Only thing thats does'nt do well here is azaleas, not sure why, just never see a good one, they tend to go all sticky, and don't produce many flowers.

Garth

Intoxicating is right! But gawd, what a high!

Yes, the tropical plants like the Bird of Paradise and Banana trees do well here in a controlled environment, because we can have very intense heat and not a whole lot of rain (in between hurricanes that is!). So, they do well if watered regularly.

I keep my yard (reluctant to call it a garden!...LOL) very much Xeriscaped. Everything is drought resistant (except my sweetpotato vines...have you every planted a sweet potato?). All my plants live through intense drought and need little attention. I have a Bleeding Heart that grows up the railing at my front door, and the drier it is the more it flowers. Weird eh?

A little out of focus, but you get the idea....

Last edited by tinmenace; 01-05-2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #56
garth

HeyTin, well there ya go, i presumed that you guys would be a more sub tropical environment, sort hot and wet, but then again we seem to be heading more for a smililar climate as you as we are experiencing longer spells between rain.

Na, have not planted a sweet potato vine although I have heard of them, will have to check it out further. Bit yes on the bleeding heart, great vines, abundant flowers.

Took this pic yesterday at the local botanic gardens (was meant to be at work, but stole a couple hours..shhh..don't tell anyone)

was just a snap, caught 2 pelicans, 9 comerants & a freshwater turtle sunning themselves in the warm Autumn sun.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #57
lumukanda
Premier Subscribers

great shot garth, i love the black and white.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #58
freespark

Wow everyone...amazing photo's.

I run a website in the UK thats sells Fiba based photographic papers for Inkjet printers. If anyone in the UK wants good deals on premium photo paper pm me and i'll give you the link to my website and a code for special discount.

Check out the paper manufacturer at http://www.innovaart.com

I sell all thier papers so get in touch if ya keen.
You know all that money we spend on the military every year - trillions of dollars? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

- Bill Hicks
freespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #59
tinmenace

Great photo Garth!

The bird all the way to the right...what is that? It reminds me of a Anhinga.

Photo borrowed from theory.lcs.mit.edu
Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #60
purple is a fruit
Inactive

Hi Tin

The birds in garths photo are Cormorants, a type of 'shag'

http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheet..._cormorant.htm

Purple
purple is a fruit is offline   Reply With Quote