Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 13-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #21
lumukanda
Premier Subscribers

i've taken a break from reading serious books for a bit, my last book was tom robbins' 'jitterbug perfume', and after having a good look at it, the book is absolutely loaded with alchemical symbolism, seems i can't get away, even if i try.
Old 13-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #22
shadow cat

Halfway through 'Miracle Touch' A complete guide to Hands-On Therapies that have the amazing ability to heal. by Debra Fulghum Bruce

I'm loving this book, as it's filling in many gaps in my knowledge regarding these therapies. Covers; Acupressure, Bodywork, Massage, Acupunture, Osteopathy, Chiropractic adjustment, Reflexology, Faith Healing, Laying on of Hands, Therapeutic Touch (practised in Hospitals) Reiki, Visualization, Corrective breathing........etc etc you get the idea. I'm enjoying it because it's not too complicated...gets quickly to the meat and potatoes of the particular therapy, and has sections titled 'What is it', Where did it come from?', 'How does it work?', What's it good for?', 'Where's the science?, 'Credentials' etc. Not too many testimonials either, just enough to whet the appetite A good reference guide on these therapies.
shadow cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #23
pollock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmenace View Post
Wow! Everyone is so intense! I'm really impressed with the choice of books so far!
Yes me too
The last conspiracy book I read was Juri Linas "Architects of Deception" and the book I am reading now is "The Gormenghast Trilogy" by Mervyn Peak.
Freaky story and I am named after one of the characters

F
pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #24
lookfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock View Post
Yes me too
The last conspiracy book I read was Juri Linas "Architects of Deception" and the book I am reading now is "The Gormenghast Trilogy" by Mervyn Peak.
Freaky story and I am named after one of the characters

F
Hi Pollock

I read the Gormenghast Trilogy a while ago & agree it is a very freaky tale, still don't know what to make of it!?!
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.” BILL HICKS
http://www.markthomasinfo.com/ http://www.waykiwayki.com/
Dolphins playing in bubble rings
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #25
truthsayer

Re-read by Paulo Coelho)
Old 13-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #26
tommi
Inactive

Last books I read was the amtrak wars series. Pretty cool books those..
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #27
pollock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookfar View Post
Hi Pollock

I read the Gormenghast Trilogy a while ago & agree it is a very freaky tale, still don't know what to make of it!?!
No, me neither, I find it fashinating though as my name would have been an other if my father had not read it and I don't believe in coincidences!

F
pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #28
welfarewarrior
Banned

cutting through the matrix volume 3

oh and this little fella

welfarewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsayer View Post
Re-read The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (Currently re-reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho)
The alchemist is an awesome book , i read it after having a dream describe the circumstances to me the night b4 my book club magazine arrived .Spot on wicked tale .I have just re-read the celestine prophecy because of the movie release , but althought it was good to see the scenery characters etc it jumped quickly thru the story like most film of books do .
Also jsut read Stoneage soundtracks by Paul Devereux would recommend it .the acoustics of archaelogical sites .Companion to channel fours Secrets of the Dead :Sounds from the stoneage tv series .
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #30
beetzart
Banned

The last book I read was Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. I was blown away! IMO it ranks up there with 1984. The wonderful character Yossarian is the perfect rebel to authority and highlights the absurdity of war perfectly. Then you have the officer Major Major Major Major who can only be seen when he is out and not seen when he is in. Orr who lamnents about putting conkers in his mouth. Dunbar who wants to live a dull life so time goes slower, having a fun life would mean time passes too quickly then you die. Colonel Cathart and Colonel Korn the list goes on.

One of my favourite parts is where the camp doctor Dr Doneeka is supposed to be on a plane that has crashed killing all on board, but he wasn't. Still, because the paperwork says he was on the plane then he is officially dead, this means that he is no longer entitled to pay, food, clothing the chance to go home etc because he is dead, even though he is still alive.

I can't go without mentioning Milo Minderbinder and Ex PFC Wintergreen and there invovlement in egyptian cotton that no one wants to buy. So they do a deal with the Germans to bomb the airbase in exchange for taking the cotton off their hands.

I'm now well into the sequel-Closing time- which is set in 1990's New York. It is still very funny and clever but inevitably impossible to match the original.
beetzart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #31
chattanova

'Best Evidence' by Michael Schmicker

An investigative reporter's three year quest to uncover the best scientific evidence for ESP, Psychokinesis, Mental healing, Ghosts and Poltergeists, Dowsing, Mediums, Near death experiences, Reincarnation and other impossible phenomena that refuse to disappear.

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #32
who elsie

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

This has got to be one of the best books ever. It operates on so many levels, an enjoyable story,a collection of delightful illustrations and yes, a no holds barred morality tale which pulls no punches. Carle offers no quarter and takes no prisoners. His uncompromising approach is a breath of fresh air in this age of focus groups and endless compromises.

The hero or anti hero or possibly not a hero at all but a traveller on the road to enlightenment is a caterpillar. As the title of the work suggests this is a very hugry caterpillar. He seeks to satisfy his hunger by what can only be descibed as an orgy of junk food eating. However, this binge session leaves him feeling ill and somewhat the worse for wear. He then eats some simple
honest woodland fare (or leaves to be precise). This really does the trick and is the cataylst for his eventual transision from caterpillar to butterfly.

In a time when so many of us feel empty and hungry for something more than materialism and aspirational life style progression, this book is a wake up call. How can we truely metamorphose into a butterfly when we are so full of crap?

I'm not suggesting that simply eating leaves could make us happier people, but perhaps a return to a less harmful more natural life could truely set us free to spread our brightly coloured wings and soar a little higher than we do now.

Carle ia a visionary, pointing the way forward and as so often sometimes, it's necessary to take three steps back before we are ready to move forward.

This book is a blast and I have great pleasure in highly recommending it to one and all.

Happy reading.

(courtesy Lord Ciaran D'arcy www.cultofpenn.co.uk)
who elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #33
peter19
Inactive

the last book i read was this i think, spirit quest a journey out of body- http://www.astralsociety.com/as/Foru...c,16939.0.html
seemed a decent read for anyone intrested in out of body experiences.

and this is a book what i havent read yet but me dad as read it and he says its a decent book, so it might be of interest to anyone.
http://murdomacdonaldbayneyoga.homes...m/ch1yoga.html
peter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:30 AM   #34
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

The last book i read was 'The Celestine Prophecy' (finished last week) totally amazing and inspirational book- even bought 'The Tenth Insight' off ebay to read soon but before that, ive just recieved a copy of 'The Divine Matrix' by Gregg Braden, which ive just tucked into and im totally absorbed in after only a few pages!!
Also have 'Iam me i am free' to hand, on the side by my back door (where i smoke) so i can flick through whilst havin a smoke!! always amazes me how different books are once you've woken up, couldn't believe how much different 'i am me i am free' was the 2nd time round (more awake) i gotta read 'Infinite Love' again now im more awake, its like you missed bits out the first time round or you just didnt understand at the time!!
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

lottie_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #35
chattanova

Just finished 'MJ-12 and the riddle of Hangar 18 - New evidence' by Timothy G. Beckley and Sean Casteel..
This book is amazing, with chapters like 'Did a UFO ever crash in Central Park' , 'The day a UFO crashed inside Russia' , 'the night a UFO came crashing down over Ohio' & 'Majestic 12' .
Here's a lot of info on other crashes than the Roswell crash.
Pretty interesting

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #36
ho1ogram
Banned

The Washington Square Ensemble by Madison Smartt Bell.
It was interesting and fun, and set in the seedy side of NYC circa early 80's. Fiction. From the cover blurbs "The most exotic bunch of sweet characters.." and "Thoroughly entertaining.. a captivating account of malice, danger and exilerating insanity." Sums it up pretty well.
ho1ogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #37
stickylolly

the last book I read was one of the best reads I have had in a long time .... check it out .... The Traveler John Twelve Hawks http://www.randomhouse.com/features/traveler/
stickylolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #38
tru3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetzart View Post
The last book I read was Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. I was blown away! IMO it ranks up there with 1984. The wonderful character Yossarian is the perfect rebel to authority and highlights the absurdity of war perfectly. Then you have the officer Major Major Major Major who can only be seen when he is out and not seen when he is in. Orr who lamnents about putting conkers in his mouth. Dunbar who wants to live a dull life so time goes slower, having a fun life would mean time passes too quickly then you die. Colonel Cathart and Colonel Korn the list goes on.

One of my favourite parts is where the camp doctor Dr Doneeka is supposed to be on a plane that has crashed killing all on board, but he wasn't. Still, because the paperwork says he was on the plane then he is officially dead, this means that he is no longer entitled to pay, food, clothing the chance to go home etc because he is dead, even though he is still alive.

I can't go without mentioning Milo Minderbinder and Ex PFC Wintergreen and there invovlement in egyptian cotton that no one wants to buy. So they do a deal with the Germans to bomb the airbase in exchange for taking the cotton off their hands.

I'm now well into the sequel-Closing time- which is set in 1990's New York. It is still very funny and clever but inevitably impossible to match the original.
catch 22 is my favorite novel of the 20th century. the summary description of the alienation of living in a corporate world.

just finished "transcending the levels of consciousness", by david r. hawkins. much more focused than his last effort, "truth vs. falsehood".

a lot of people have issues with hawkins, but i find him to be a reliable source of information about the nature of consciousness. admittedly, he has picked up some, imo, "inauspicious" alliances. i would certainly recommend "power vs. force" to any serious truthseeker.
tru3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #39
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumukanda View Post
i've taken a break from reading serious books for a bit, my last book was tom robbins' 'jitterbug perfume', and after having a good look at it, the book is absolutely loaded with alchemical symbolism, seems i can't get away, even if i try.
I found the same thing

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=19

These books were about time travel, henges, stone circles, all sorts of good things

No you can never look at things the same way again.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #40
montag
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru3 View Post
catch 22 is my favorite novel of the 20th century. the summary description of the alienation of living in a corporate world.

just finished "transcending the levels of consciousness", by david r. hawkins. much more focused than his last effort, "truth vs. falsehood".

a lot of people have issues with hawkins, but i find him to be a reliable source of information about the nature of consciousness. admittedly, he has picked up some, imo, "inauspicious" alliances. i would certainly recommend "power vs. force" to any serious truthseeker.
I keep hearing that about Catch 22, I bought a copy from Amazon a year or so ago and haven't yet got around to reading it.. After you and Beetzarts glowing review I'll have to get on to it. I've also got a copy of pwer vs force I haven't read, so it looks like I've got a bit of 'catching' up to do..

Thanks for the tips..

Montag

BTW if you hadn't noticed my username is from the main character(Guy Montag) of a very good book I read recently, Fahrenheit 451 and the last book I'd only finished reading yesterday was Gods Gladiators by Stuie Wilde..
montag is offline   Reply With Quote