Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
lets blow
Banned

Default Was Liberace a Paedophile?

Having just heard some of the content in the movie "Beyond the Candelabra" from my wife's recent viewing of it, it would seem on the face that Liberace was a paedophile.

Liberace met Scott Thorson in Hollywood in 1975 when Scott was just 16. Liberace was 56, a 40 year age difference.

Liberace hired Scott to be his full time "personal friend and companion" when he was 17.

The age of consent in California today is still 18. In Nevada, the age now is 16, but is raised to 18 when one partner has a position of control over the other ... such as employer.

In any event, Liberace lived mainly in California where the age of consent is still 18.

In the movie apparently Liberace says to Scott I want to be your "father, brother, lover and best friend".

This seems really really sick and twisted.

Sexual partner AND father, brother and best friend ... commencing when Scott was underage and with a 40 year age gap?

Quote:
Thorson met Liberace in 1976, when he was 16, through his friendship with Hollywood film producer Ray Arnett. When Thorson was 17, Liberace hired him to act as his personal friend and companion, a position that allegedly included a five-year romantic relationship with lavish gifts, travel, and Liberace's promises that he would adopt and care for Thorson. Liberace also incorporated Thorson into his Las Vegas stage performances (e.g., Thorson drove Liberace's Rolls-Royce onstage,[2] and was a dancer[4]). According to Thorson, their committed relationship ended because of Liberace's promiscuous behavior and Thorson's drug addiction. Thorson stated that following his plastic surgery, the surgeon provided for him a cocktail of highly addictive drugs that included cocaine, quaaludes, biphetamines, and Demerol.[5]

In 1982, Thorson filed a $113 million lawsuit against Liberace,[6] part of which was a palimony suit. In 1986, Thorson and Liberace agreed to settle out of court for $75,000, three cars, and two pet dogs. He visited and reconciled with Liberace shortly before the entertainer's death in 1987.[2] A year later, Thorson published a book about their relationship, Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace,[3] which was later adapted by Richard LaGravenese and Steven Soderbergh into the film Behind the Candelabra, in which Thorson was played by Matt Damon opposite Michael Douglas as Liberace.
source: Wikipedia

Last edited by lets blow; 04-08-2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
lets blow
Banned

According to Time Magazine, Liberace was also an extreme narcissist. His motives for forcing Scott to have plastic surgery was so that he could have sex with a prettier version of himself (who also happened to be 40 years younger).

Quote:
Lee also wants Scott to be a younger Liberace, engaging the plastic surgeon Dr. Jack Startz (a wonderfully sleazy, impossibly juvenile-looking Rob Lowe), to perform the surgery. When Scott protests that he’s already young, a colleague warns him that, “In gay years, you’re Judy [Garland] in her Sid Luft obese period.” So he agrees. (Viewers should be prepared for explicit shots of face slashing.) Dr. Jack also prescribes medication, for Scott’s bedroom performance skills, that addict him to the showbiz biopic cliché of pill-popping and other drug abuse. And Lee sinks deeper into his dream of making love to a prettier version of himself, in fulfillment of Erich Fromm’s definition of marriage as “egotism à deux.”
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/0...s-is-liberace/

Last edited by lets blow; 04-08-2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-08-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
torus
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets blow View Post
According to Time Magazine, Liberace was also an extreme narcissist. His motives for forcing Scott to have plastic surgery was so that he could have sex with a prettier version of himself (who also happened to be 40 years younger).
No surprise. Cult of youth and the expendable 21 year old Playmate.

Cuz daddy...

sure don't wanna' make luv to this...

"oooh womennnnnnn, they'll just give you throat cancer...."
Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
lets blow
Banned

That's exactly what happened to Thorson. Dumped for a younger version when the AIDS riddled Liberace was in his mid-60s.

Liberace was highly controlling of Thorson. Thorson came from a dysfunctional and abusive home life and was in the foster car system. Liberace plucked him out of this and corrupted him with his extravagance and lavish spending. He totally controlled him as a "handler" of sorts.

Quote:
Another reason he looks different: the chin implant is gone. Mr. Thorson had it removed in an attempt to reverse one of the creepier episodes in the history of plastic surgery. Early in their relationship, Liberace plucked an oil painting of himself from a room in his Las Vegas mansion and asked a visiting doctor to reshape Mr. Thorson’s face to look like Liberace’s as a young man.

Liberace wanted a boy toy and a son. With sex and fatherhood disturbingly twined, Mr. Thorson wound up with a new chin, a nose job and enhanced cheekbones.

“I was 17 years old,” he said, explaining why he went along with a plan that sounds so lunatic. “Liberace had taken me out of a situation with a father who was very abusive, a mother who was mentally ill. I did everything I possibly could to please this man.”

The two went on shopping sprees, traveled first class and spent a lot of quality time with Liberace’s Shar-Peis. Mr. Thorson was showered with gifts, including mink coats, an assortment of baubles and a Camaro. They entertained celebrities like Debbie Reynolds and Michael Jackson.

But it all ended abruptly in 1982. That year, Liberace had members of his retinue forcibly eject Mr. Thorson from his penthouse in Los Angeles. It was a breakup caused, in part, by Mr. Thorson’s drug habit, which he says he developed trying to slim down, at Liberace’s urging, on what was called the “Hollywood diet,” a cocktail of doctor-prescribed drugs that included pharmaceutical cocaine.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/12/fa...anted=all&_r=0
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
steve_anderson

Who the hell cares, the guy's dead. Why does it matter?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
lets blow
Banned

Scott Thorson obviously cared enough to write his Book telling his life with Liberace.

After all Liberace dumped him and traded him in for a newer model and gave him virtually nothing.

Look into Thorson, he's currently in Reno prison and is trying to raise money to fight off Stage 3 colon cancer.

Steven Soderburgh clearly cared enough to make a movie about it that showcased it all ... it's all detailed in the movie, apparently.

HBO films clearly cared enough to raise $23m of capital to fund the movie.

HBO clearly cared enough to distribute the film globally to showcase the story into as many people's minds as possible.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
torus
Inactive

Cuz we're just a couple of trendy bro's. Looking at patterns, looking for clues.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #8
sandwarrior

Quote:
Having just heard some of the content in the movie "Beyond the Candelabra" from my wife's recent viewing of it, it would seem on the face that Liberace was a paedophile.

Liberace met Scott Thorson in Hollywood in 1975 when Scott was just 16. Liberace was 56, a 40 year age difference.

Liberace hired Scott to be his full time "personal friend and companion" when he was 17.

The age of consent in California today is still 18. In Nevada, the age now is 16, but is raised to 18 when one partner has a position of control over the other ... such as employer.

In any event, Liberace lived mainly in California where the age of consent is still 18.

In the movie apparently Liberace says to Scott I want to be your "father, brother, lover and best friend".

This seems really really sick and twisted.

Sexual partner AND father, brother and best friend ... commencing when Scott was underage and with a 40 year age gap?

source: Wikipedia
It is totally ignorant to call somebody who has sex with a 17 year old a paedophile.

A paedophile is somebody who has sex with pre-pubescent children.

You are being played like a fiddle.

No offence intended.

Abhorrent.

Enlightenment is: Absolute co-operation with the inevitable.

Last edited by sandwarrior; 04-08-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
lets blow
Banned

The age of consent is 18 ... the authorities would look on it in exactly the same way.

And the "no offence" tag. Are you aware 8-10 year olds currently use that widely thinking they are admonishing the offence they know they have created?

Last edited by lets blow; 04-08-2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #10
sandwarrior

Quote:
The age of consent is 18 ... the authorities would look on it in exactly the same way.

And the "no offence" tag. Are you aware 8-10 year olds currently use that widely thinking they are admonishing the offence they know they have created?
It matters not what the age of consent is.

Calling somebody a paedophile who has sex with a 17 year old is ignorant.

It is wilfully ignorant if you carry on doing it when you know it is incorrect.

edit:

to say the authorities would look on it the same way as paedophilia is also ignorant.

Abhorrent.

Last edited by sandwarrior; 04-08-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #11
steve_anderson

Quote:
Scott Thorson obviously cared enough to write his Book telling his life with Liberace.

After all Liberace dumped him and traded him in for a newer model and gave him virtually nothing.

Look into Thorson, he's currently in Reno prison and is trying to raise money to fight off Stage 3 colon cancer.

Steven Soderburgh clearly cared enough to make a movie about it that showcased it all ... it's all detailed in the movie, apparently.

HBO films clearly cared enough to raise $23m of capital to fund the movie.

HBO clearly cared enough to distribute the film globally to showcase the story into as many people's minds as possible.
I don't keep up with the latest movies or cable TV shows, so I didn't know about this. That doesn't change the fact that I could care less about some dead piano player who wore ridiculous clothes.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #12
lets blow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_anderson View Post
I don't keep up with the latest movies or cable TV shows, so I didn't know about this. That doesn't change the fact that I could care less about some dead piano player who wore ridiculous clothes.
It's a mainstream cinema release.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #13
steve_anderson

Quote:
It's a mainstream cinema release.
Like I said I don't keep up with the latest movies. The only time I watch movies is when someone I'm with wants to watch one, and only if I can't talk them into doing something else. I boycott entertainment as much as possible because I don't want it to control my brain.

Last edited by steve_anderson; 04-08-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #14
lets blow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwarrior View Post

edit:

to say the authorities would look on it the same way as paedophilia is also ignorant.
What do we have here?

A paedophile apologist? Would seem you are wanting to divert discussion away from the subject matter of a very wealthy 56 year old man who identified then hired an underage boy to be his personal companion.

Thorson is on the record of saying Liberace said to him "I want to be your father, brother, lover and best friend" ... why are you trying to divert discussion away from someone of that mindset?

And a faceless poster on the internet thinks they know better than the authorities .... my oh my.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #15
lets blow
Banned

Quote:
Like I said I don't keep up with the latest movies. The only time I watch movies is when someone I'm with wants to watch one, and only if I can't talk them into doing something else. I boycott entertainment as much as possible because I don't want it to control my brain.
Why bother posting in the thread then?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #16
sandwarrior

[QUOTE]
Quote:
What do we have here?

A paedophile apologist? Would seem you are wanting to divert discussion away from the subject matter of a very wealthy 56 year old man who identified then hired an underage boy to be his personal companion.
Wilfully ignorant it is then.

Your thread has nothing to do with paedophilia.

Quote:
Thorson is on the record of saying Liberace said to him "I want to be your father, brother, lover and best friend" ... why are you trying to divert discussion away from someone of that mindset?
I am not, I am trying to divert it away from paedophilia.

Why are you trying to conflate it here?

At first it could have been ignorance but now you know its not paedophilia why do you persist.

Quote:
As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in persons 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest toward prepubescent children (generally age 11 years or younger, though specific diagnostic criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13).[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Quote:
And a faceless poster on the internet thinks they know better than the authorities .... my oh my.
The authorities are clear on what constitutes paedophilia, it is legal speak.

What is your agenda here?

Abhorrent.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #17
thetruthcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwarrior View Post

edit:

So we all agree it's ignorant right!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
sandwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcollector View Post
So we all agree it's ignorant right!
Well I do, the OP seems not to think so though.

Abhorrent.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #19
steve_anderson

Quote:
Why bother posting in the thread then?
I didn't know it was about a movie.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #20
sukiari

Quote:
Who the hell cares, the guy's dead. Why does it matter?
Isn't this just what Hillary Clinton said at the Benghazi hearings?
Closed Thread