Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science & Advanced Technology

Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #61
logic bomb
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_stargazer
Does anyone know the start date?
This is the latest news I've seen. I've also read an article somewhere that explained how it gathers momentum over time (months?) before it arrives at its 'optimum' state for advanced functions/detection and that it will more than likely be next year before the 'God Particle' results start coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic bomb View Post
The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) is preparing for its first small tests in early August, leading to a planned full-track test in September - and the first planned particle collisions before the end of the year.
logic bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #62
rich157

These guys are doing a countdown to the start up. Not sure how official it is though.

http://www.lhcountdown.com/
rich157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #63
krakhead
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich157 View Post
These guys are doing a countdown to the start up. Not sure how official it is though.

http://www.lhcountdown.com/
08-08-08?!

(If I worked it out right! )
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #64
aratron

cool thread
aratron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #65
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhead View Post
08-08-08?!

(If I worked it out right! )

Shit! Tomorrow!

But LB is correct, the system will take months to power up. They've already got particles spinning in the smallest ring; this one will then be shunted off to the medium size ring and then finally to the full-sized LHC ring.

Here's the latest press release:

Quote:
A date for the start up of the LHC is still to be announced.

As of the beginning of August 2008 we expect low energy proton beams to be injected into the LHC in early September.

This major milestone in the LHC project will be covered live by international broadcasters. UK media organisations will be at CERN and at a simultaneous media event in London.

Proton beams have already been delivered to within a few metres of the LHC itself, but beams will be injected for the first time on the official start up day. If everything proceeds according to plan the beam will circulate all the way around the 27 km long LHC. Only one beam, travelling in one direction, will be injected. Over the following months the LHC scientists and engineers will commission the LHC, running beams at higher energy and in both directions. Subject to everything proceeding as planned the LHC may begin collisions using relatively low energy (5TeV) beams towards the end of 2008. (Source: http://www.lhc.ac.uk/latest-news.html)
So it's now early next month. This is like Zeno's Paradox! If they're going to destroy the world, why don't they just get on with it!

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #66
hagbard_celine

It won't be like this!:

Or this:

This was part of a BBC Horizon bullshit scaremongering programme:

Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #67
hagbard_celine

Here's how the LHC's warming up process works. This process of speeding up the hadrons to such high speeds takes months. But it is necessary because the collider has to overcome the strong nuclear force:

Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #68
shansuke

http://www.virginmedia.com/digital/s...p?vmsrc=vmhpld according to this link it gets switched on this saterday.sorry i didnt know ther was allready a thread about this,ive posted about it in the general section.a group of folk from around the world are also doing this experiment on the same day http://www.entheogenic-portal.com/ .i dont know mutch about this hadron collider,or black holes for that matter,but i do know i wouldnt want to be around one.i just dont get this thing,if black holes can destroy full planets,why would anyone one with half a brain try to create one on earth.am i missing something.
shansuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #69
rixxmixxhell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansuke View Post
http://www.virginmedia.com/digital/s...p?vmsrc=vmhpld according to this link it gets switched on this saterday.sorry i didnt know ther was allready a thread about this,ive posted about it in the general section.a group of folk from around the world are also doing this experiment on the same day http://www.entheogenic-portal.com/ .i dont know mutch about this hadron collider,or black holes for that matter,but i do know i wouldnt want to be around one.i just dont get this thing,if black holes can destroy full planets,why would anyone one with half a brain try to create one on earth.am i missing something.
Thanks for brining it to this thread , i was going to post your links here
Rick
rixxmixxhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #70
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Yes thanks- and thanks to all who have contributed- you've all really assisted in my education of this subject and im thoroughly enjoying it!!
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

lottie_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #71
themime

If I had to guess I'd say that the most "Sci-fi" outcome of the LHC would be the observation of particle time travel through the generation of micro wormholes.

Of course if I'm wrong and the blackholes join up I'll buy everyone here a pint afterwards.

BTW £4.65 billion to recreate the Universe, makes you wonder what they could do with the $32 billion black budget.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #72
rich157

CERN to start up super-accelerator on September 10

AFP - 8 minutes ago

GENEVA (AFP) - European particle physics laboratory CERN said Thursday it will start up its massive particle accelerator on September 10 hoping that it could throw light on the origins of the universe.

The so-called Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the greatest experiment in the history of particle physics.

Scientists are banking that it will confirm the existence of a sub-atomic component -- the Higgs Boson, known as "the God Particle" -- that would fill in the last missing piece of the so-called Standard Model of particle physics.

A gamble costing six billion Swiss francs (almost six billion dollars, 3.9 billion euros) that has harnessed the labours of more than 2,000 physicists from nearly three dozen countries, the LHC is the biggest, most powerful high-energy particle accelerator ever built.

Beams of hydrogen protons will whizz around at near-light speed in opposite directions until, bent by powerful superconducting magnets, they will smash together in four bus-sized detector chambers, where they will be annihilated at temperatures hotter than the sun.

"Starting up such a machine is not as simple as flipping a switch," the laboratory said in a statement.

The commissioning starts with the cooling down of each of the machine's eight sectors, then electrical testing of the 1,600 superconducting magnets, after which each sector's circuits, and then the sectors themselves, are powered together so the LHC can operate as a single machine.

"We're finishing a marathon with a sprint," said LHC project leader Lyn Evans.

"It's been a long haul, and we're all eager to get the LHC research programme underway."

However, there are unlikely to be any immediate discoveries once the LHC is set in motion.

"We will accumulate data for two years and it will take a lot of time to interpret," CERN's director general Robert Aymar said back in May.
rich157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #73
kevstodd

just wondering if anybody knew that Brian Cox,the keyboardist from a sad pop group from a few years ago called D:REAM ? he is a experimental physicist at the LHC facility .i just think its a strange carer move for a pop tart.
They always have this guy talking about how safe it is .im wondering if thats why he was in a pop group ?, to be a recognized person to say its safe when the time came ?
here is the wiki page of him
d:ream's famous song is called "Things can only get better'

just seams strange to me and thought i would share
Old 08-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #74
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevstodd View Post
just wondering if anybody knew that Brian Cox,the keyboardist from a sad pop group from a few years ago called D:REAM ? he is a experimental physicist at the LHC facility .i just think its a strange carer move for a pop tart.
They always have this guy talking about how safe it is .im wondering if thats why he was in a pop group ?, to be a recognized person to say its safe when the time came ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_%28physicist%29

Well his nickname is "the Rock Star Physicist"!

Old 08-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #75
hagbard_celine

BBC new report on the beginning of the powering up process in the main ring of the LHC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7547118.stm

The scientists at the LHC are about to switch the machine on for the first time. They will begin injecting the first hadron beam over the weekend. This doesn't mean we can all heave a sigh of relief when nothing happens then though. It will take many months to bring the LHC up to full power, in the range where mini black holes and strangelets could be generated. The first circulation will begin on September the 10th and it's going to be a big media event.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #76
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/prog...d/tx/universe/
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #77
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Old 08-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #78
hagbard_celine

Illustrated radio show of Professor Walter Wagner on C2C:

This subject is starting to freak me out! I've been watching these vids:
Does this desperate "Gotterdammerung" action mean that we're getting close to freedom? It's not fair! We're so close! Karl Marx used to say: "We have a world to win". I'd like to change that to "We have a world to save!"

Old 08-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #79
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
BBC new report on the beginning of the powering up process in the main ring of the LHC:

The first circulation will begin on September the 10th and it's going to be a big media event.
Bit ritualistic wouldnt you say?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #80
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevstodd View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_%28physicist%29

You mean this guy?

Gets a bit shitty when he's asked about the 'fake moon landings'....