Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 28-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
runlikehell
Inactive

Thumbs up The forum Survival chat Room

Im just letting people know who are intrested in this topic, theres a Survival chat Room on the forum.

Quote:
Survival chat - this room is only open on Thursday at 21:00:00 - 23:59:00 GMT & Saturday 19:00:00 - 21:59:00 GMT & is (specifically for survival techniques related Topics)
It has been somewhat neglected and could do with a revival & can be found in the "chat" links shown in the pic below.

So if your intrested in disscussing survival related techniques etc with other members of the forum then pop in on the day's & times shown.

With the possabilty of food shortages & the constant earth changes it would be good to exchange some tips and be prepaired if the time ever comes or your in a situation you need them.

Thank's Runlikehell

Last edited by runlikehell; 30-01-2011 at 04:38 AM.
runlikehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
psketti
Banned

Cheers Run

Last edited by psketti; 28-01-2011 at 08:56 PM.
psketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
thecatsmeow
Banned

I'd like to hear from anyone who is interested in building with cob as I intend to give it a go this spring

I'd also like people's opinions on whether or not it's a good or a bad idea to live in an eco-community?
thecatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

sounds an interesting idea. i myself am looking at building a log cabin in my back garden. a miniture scale version( big enough for a bed , table and woood burner, though) , but to the same spec. i was going to do it in the summer but situations and cash flow have changed. it would be easier to buy a summer house and convert it, but for my own reasons and the dream of building a full scale one it the future, i wan't to do it properly
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

if you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough
hunter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter77 View Post
sounds an interesting idea. i myself am looking at building a log cabin in my back garden. a miniture scale version( big enough for a bed , table and woood burner, though) , but to the same spec. i was going to do it in the summer but situations and cash flow have changed. it would be easier to buy a summer house and convert it, but for my own reasons and the dream of building a full scale one it the future, i wan't to do it properly
I like your log cabin idea but, if you're short of funds, cob is the next best thing. Cob is a mixture of clay soil (or manure ), sand and straw (or other fibrous material). I was very surprised, actually, at how very versatile and strong it is. For someone like me who doesn't have enough brute strength to construct something heavier it's ideal. All you need, really, is a tarpaulin to mix it up in and some sort of wooden framework knocked together with nails (plus 2 large plastic sheets, one to line the floor and one to line the roof). If you build it to certain specifications you don't need any planning permission either. It's, apparently, fairly easy to include things like second-hand doors and windows (very convenient) and you can even build ovens and fireplaces! I've thought about selling my house and buying a piece of land (as others have done) but it's not a project I'd want to do entirely alone. That's why I asked about the eco-village idea
Old 07-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
I like your log cabin idea but, if you're short of funds, cob is the next best thing. Cob is a mixture of clay soil (or manure ), sand and straw (or other fibrous material). I was very surprised, actually, at how very versatile and strong it is. For someone like me who doesn't have enough brute strength to construct something heavier it's ideal. All you need, really, is a tarpaulin to mix it up in and some sort of wooden framework knocked together with nails (plus 2 large plastic sheets, one to line the floor and one to line the roof). If you build it to certain specifications you don't need any planning permission either. It's, apparently, fairly easy to include things like second-hand doors and windows (very convenient) and you can even build ovens and fireplaces! I've thought about selling my house and buying a piece of land (as others have done) but it's not a project I'd want to do entirely alone. That's why I asked about the eco-village idea
sounds like a great plan and tbh i'd only be to happy to help you with yours this is the sort f thing i want to get perfect so any experiance on owt else will do, and it has to be called the lookfar, the stars and the sky fascinte me,
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

if you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough
hunter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #7
husky_rex

I was thinking of doing something like this http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm
husky_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter77 View Post
sounds like a great plan and tbh i'd only be to happy to help you with yours this is the sort f thing i want to get perfect so any experiance on owt else will do, and it has to be called the lookfar, the stars and the sky fascinte me,
Great! I'll let you know when...don't really care what name it has as I'm more concerned with creating harmony between individuals...people are what fascinate me, although, I have to admit there's always been a fascination for the stars too I could use some help to move an old bath and an old pot sink at the moment though...anybody live near Rossendale?
Old 09-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky_rex View Post
I was thinking of doing something like this http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm
Oh, yes, I have that link posted on my blog along with a link on a series of video's about eco-housing. This is exactly the kind of thing I had in mind but I'm going to start with a pizza oven and a garden-shed first

Lot's of hand's will be required for all future project's. People from all walk's of life are perfectly acceptable. I believe it would be good to meet up and discuss these things on some sort of group camp?

What do people think?
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
btrayd

Hello all,

I find these posts interesting and when I was younger I was very much a homesteader. When I finally get to stay at my house, I will be gardening and raising chickens and such. I am putting in a hand pump for my well.

However, I am crippling up. Currently stable but with a prognosis of deterioration ahead of me. Survivalism- I cannot get into now. I will shoot a home invader if I am near a weapon at the time. Luckily my hands aren't crippled- they just lose feeling but are functional but a big defensive plan won't work and the ramp I need installed will be a dead giveaway of a vulnerable person. The best I can envision is shoot as many as possible but leave one bullet for me. I am not depressed or suicidal, don't worry. I just don't see a lot of options now when SHTF. I will not be evacuated.
btrayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrayd View Post
Hello all,

I find these posts interesting and when I was younger I was very much a homesteader. When I finally get to stay at my house, I will be gardening and raising chickens and such. I am putting in a hand pump for my well.

However, I am crippling up. Currently stable but with a prognosis of deterioration ahead of me. Survivalism- I cannot get into now. I will shoot a home invader if I am near a weapon at the time. Luckily my hands aren't crippled- they just lose feeling but are functional but a big defensive plan won't work and the ramp I need installed will be a dead giveaway of a vulnerable person. The best I can envision is shoot as many as possible but leave one bullet for me. I am not depressed or suicidal, don't worry. I just don't see a lot of options now when SHTF. I will not be evacuated.
maybe you could be the one with the experience and surround yourself with younger people who have none...could be workable?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
btrayd

Quote:
maybe you could be the one with the experience and surround yourself with younger people who have none...could be workable?

I would not mind but it seems all the younger people I know have been heading to the "city" to find jobs.

When I can stay at my house, I will try to make connections with the local growers and like minded people. Maybe take a few classes at the local college on soil chemistry and meet a few younger folk there. I am only 45 so I have the need to look after my folks as well. I was thinking of moving them to my house and calling it the handicapped hotel.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
I would not mind but it seems all the younger people I know have been heading to the "city" to find jobs.

When I can stay at my house, I will try to make connections with the local growers and like minded people. Maybe take a few classes at the local college on soil chemistry and meet a few younger folk there. I am only 45 so I have the need to look after my folks as well. I was thinking of moving them to my house and calling it the handicapped hotel.
Sounds like a very good idea
Old 13-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
btrayd

The reason I posted was not for "woe is me" but rather to highlight that there are people who have legitimate limitations on what they can do. It is all well and good to talk about intricate defenses or nomadic living off the land but it should be tempered with more basic work arounds for those who do not have that option.

Even though I am crippling up, I can garden. I just have to scoot around on my butt instead of leaning or squatting. Therefore, I have to realize that I loose growing space due to my taking up more room.

The Rambos of the world amusing me no end. My brother is this way, he served 3 years in the army 20 years ago and thinks he has the skills to survive. He cannot identify edible plants, he eats a very limited diet of processed food, he does not hunt or fish, he acknowledges I can still beat him up if need be because of my years of martial arts (I'm his younger sister by the way) But he is the blow hard rambo who can shoot a gun. Most of the rambos I have met are the same way.
Old 13-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #15
thecatsmeow
Banned

I don't know anyone who can shoot a gun and I have limitations too so I guess it's a case of lucky in some ways and not in others. I reckon any survival skill is useful and being able to defend yourself will be one of the best.
Old 13-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #16
btrayd

Quote:
I don't know anyone who can shoot a gun and I have limitations too so I guess it's a case of lucky in some ways and not in others. I reckon any survival skill is useful and being able to defend yourself will be one of the best.
That is exactly my point. Let's find work arounds for those who need them while also providing insight into survival skills. I would guess that more people in the US have weapons and/or have shot guns than in Britain. During Christmas time they were reporting increasing gun purchases around the country

Last edited by btrayd; 13-01-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 13-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
lizzy

just found this website.....
http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/...er-reflections
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
Nice one!
An electric pressure cooker that you can leave to do it's stuff without worrying if it's going to explode! Thanks!
Old 13-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
That is exactly my point. Let's find work arounds for those who need them while also providing insight into survival skills. I would guess that more people in the US have weapons and/or have shot guns than in Britain. During Christmas time they were reporting increasing gun purchases around the country
We don't really use gun's in the UK besides which they're very expensive and downright dangerous if you don't know what you're doing...I think I'll pass on those.
I believe old and young can help each other out very well
Old 11-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
thecrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
hi all

there is a new website out there

http://www.protect-and-survive-2012.co.uk
thecrock is offline   Reply With Quote