Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 12-09-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
cosmicpurpose1.618

Default Is Love Really all we need?

'All you need is love'

'Don't worry about a thing, cause everything's gonna be alright'

Do you agree with these statements, or are they just lulling us further to lethargic, apathetic, sleep?
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
decim

It is the foundation.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:38 AM   #3
andy1033

Glad i never wanted it.

So thats my answer.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #4
pigscanfly

According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, we first have physiological needs including food, water, air, shelter and then safety needs which need to be fulfilled before we reach our need to be loved and belong. According to Maslow, if the first 2 (more basic) levels are not met first, we cannot proceed to having our need for love and belonging fulfilled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow...ological_needs

I agree with these sentiments and, therefore, I don't agree that love is all we need.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #5
thehiddenroom6669
Banned

Default Yeah it is all you need

a roof is helpful so is a drink and a snack someone nice to talk with a bonus , i do have daily irritations to deal with like this bra i got on is too tight really and i really would like to yanki it off and flingi it across the room but apart from this lately i get a very lovely warm floaty warm feeling and i feel quite excited about it because i don't know where it has come from or why i have it.

Last edited by thehiddenroom6669; 12-09-2016 at 09:42 AM.
thehiddenroom6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #6
thehiddenroom6669
Banned

Default Thats one theory

and going by that on the pyramid i believe i hover in between beauty and scenery and spiritual enlightenment, changes daily.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #7
thehiddenroom6669
Banned

Default Ps Sending you Andy some

fluffy rabbits
Old 12-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #8
Rogue

No.

I like the 6 heart virtues of the Wingmakers

Everyone who cares for humanity and the planet i feel would do well to 'practise' this daily.

Appreciation
Compassion
Forgiveness
Humility
Understanding
Valor
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #9
ms_loren

Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigscanfly View Post
According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, we first have physiological needs including food, water, air, shelter and then safety needs which need to be fulfilled before we reach our need to be loved and belong. According to Maslow, if the first 2 (more basic) levels are not met first, we cannot proceed to having our need for love and belonging fulfilled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow...ological_needs

I agree with these sentiments and, therefore, I don't agree that love is all we need.
ms_loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #10
kylo ren
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
No.

I like the 6 heart virtues of the Wingmakers

Everyone who cares for humanity and the planet i feel would do well to 'practise' this daily.

Appreciation
Compassion
Forgiveness
Humility
Understanding
Valor
Virtues indeed. If every one who valued humanity used those virtues as standards then the world would be a near perfect place.

Sadly there are twats who can not
kylo ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #11
the tealady
Forum Advisor

I have also heard of the following idea, which if honestly observed is love:
Is it true?
Is it fair?
Is it beneficial for all concerned?
Will it build friendship and goodwill toward others?

Also, The Golden Rule. Treating others as we would like to be treated is also love. A hard act to pull off.

But yes I do think it's all we need. We just have to learn how to practice it. Perhaps mastering one virtue at a time is a good start.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.

Last edited by the tealady; 12-09-2016 at 11:50 AM.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #12
fudgetusk

Try loving Islamic state. they'll chop your head off or burn you to death. Love has finite usages and is never unconditional. I wonder if it even exists at all.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Try loving Islamic state. they'll chop your head off or burn you to death. Love has finite usages and is never unconditional. I wonder if it even exists at all.
Have you ever met anybody from Islamic State? I haven't.

Love shouldn't be measured by other people, it should be measured by yourself. It isn't about the boundaries of other peoples love, it's about how much you yourself can love. Your own love can become unconditional if you let it, and if it does then it can prove to you that there is such thing as unconditional love. You'll never find all the answers out there, it's inside yourself where you will find them.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friend
Old 12-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #14
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent revolution View Post

Love shouldn't be measured by other people, it should be measured by yourself. It isn't about the boundaries of other peoples love, it's about how much you yourself can love. Your own love can become unconditional if you let it, and if it does then it can prove to you that there is such thing as unconditional love. You'll never find all the answers out there, it's inside yourself where you will find them.

WHo needs to know evil to see evil. People who burn other people to death are not nice folk. You cannot love evil. It just doesn't work.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #15
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
WHo needs to know evil to see evil. People who burn other people to death are not nice folk. You cannot love evil. It just doesn't work.
Yep the Roman Catholic church were not nice folk when they burned all those they claimed heretics at the stake. They have a very long history of doing that.

Satanists supposedly love evil, and it works for them.

Maybe evil could also be seen as a lack of love. Anti-love maybe.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #16
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent revolution View Post

I think that if we scratched under the surface of most militants we would find broken hearts, wounded souls and huge disappointment in them. I'm not defending them at all but the parameters are all different. In the state they are currently in, they can't love themselves or anyone else. Just remember that some monster has created them and their hatred and lust for death.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #17
paddy_blake

Love and spirituality are the same thing. However, if you want complete liberation then you have to detach from everything.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #18
cosmicpurpose1.618

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
Love and spirituality are the same thing.
Yes, the spirit is only love (I'd also describe it as utter and total coherence)

Quote:
However, if you want complete liberation then you have to detach from everything.
That's pretty much impossible for most folk, until they die.

Most people are willing to die before they give up their habits, routines and attachments

And we are all the same in that regard, in our capacity for self-indulgence me too of course.

Even saying that is basically indulging in the thought, which is useless anyway, without putting into practice
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #19
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpurpose1.618 View Post
'All you need is love'

'Don't worry about a thing, cause everything's gonna be alright'

Do you agree with these statements, or are they just lulling us further to lethargic, apathetic, sleep?
No. Love is important but its not all that is needed. Without wisdom is can be blind and poorly directed. Without strength is can be weakly applied and ineffective. Without stability it can be fickle.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #20
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpurpose1.618 View Post
Yes, the spirit is only love (I'd also describe it as utter and total coherence)
The ancient kabbalists say that love is only a projection of the spirit and that the absolute cannot be labelled in any way, being beyond any limitations that our minds can put upon it.

Claiming the spirit is only love sounds like pseudo Christianity.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote