Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Forum Talent / Promote Yourself

Old 15-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
Lunar_Sol

Cool My music project, "Lunar Sol"

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce our music project, Lunar Sol. We have just released our first album called "New World", and wanted to share it on here as many of the songs on the album were inspired by the message that David Icke carries.

Our album is a collection of soulful, inspiring and atmospheric songs, with ethereal soundscapes, and soothing and uplifting melodies. We aim to create a music, healing universe of sound.

We're comprised of vocalist Hailey Rose and guitarist Dan Caine, who you may have heard before as he has posted some of his music on this forum.

I don't think I can share the Bandcamp link on here but please check out our latest video of one of the songs from the album, "Fallen". We'd love to hear your feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umzzdFjKKa4

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks
Hailey & Dan - Lunar Sol

Last edited by Lunar_Sol; 15-09-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Lunar_Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
supertzar

Very nice. Don't think you can fool the real music lovers with "tastefully" applied auto-tuned vocals though. I for one would like to hear what is really inside you, not how you sound through that particular form of processing. But nice job, really. You're doing great and obviously I don't speak for anyone but myself. Maybe I did, whatever... I'm sure a lot of people will like it.

Last edited by supertzar; 15-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Lunar_Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Very nice. Don't think you can fool the real music lovers with "tastefully" applied auto-tuned vocals though. I for one would like to hear what is really inside you, not how you sound through that particular form of processing. But nice job, really. You're doing great and obviously I don't speak for anyone but myself. Maybe I did, whatever... I'm sure a lot of people will like it.
Appreciate your feedback, thanks, but for the record we're not trying to "fool" anyone... Any effects applied to our vocals and instruments were used for artistic purposes.

Last edited by Lunar_Sol; 15-09-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 15-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
decim

Pretty boring.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
paddy_blake

Really beautiful track. Reminds me of the trip hop stuff I used to listen to.

Never be discouraged by negative feedback, you are artists, so always pave your own way.

Peace.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 04:18 PM   #6
Lunar_Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
Really beautiful track. Reminds me of the trip hop stuff I used to listen to.

Never be discouraged by negative feedback, you are artists, so always pave your own way.

Peace.
Thank you. But I'm already beginning to regret posting this in here.
Old 16-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #7
432hz

Beautiful music.

Quote:
It would be great to hear some of your raw and unprocessed music. Please put some links below or PM me. Looking forward to hearing it!
432hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #8
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 432hz View Post
Beautiful music.

It would be great to hear some of your raw and unprocessed music. Please put some links below or PM me. Looking forward to hearing it!
You cannot receive PM's and I wouldn't be that rude to put it on their thread. Do you think it is rude to say I'd probably like it better without auto-tune? I feel like if someone comes to the forum to ask for feedback then you they should accept criticism, otherwise they are just fishing for compliments.
Old 16-09-2016, 05:11 PM   #9
432hz

Quote:
You cannot receive PM's and I wouldn't be that rude to put it on their thread. Do you think it is rude to say I'd probably like it better without auto-tune? I feel like if someone comes to the forum to ask for feedback then you they should accept criticism, otherwise they are just fishing for compliments.
Criticism is fine, insults are unnecessary and just plain rude. I don't think you can imply that this is not "real music" and expect them to be appreciative.

For what it's worth, I'm a real music lover and I like what I've heard.
432hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #10
paddy_blake

Just listened to two more tracks, was moved to tears by 'Breathing'. How can anyone not love this stuff.
Old 16-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #11
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 432hz View Post
Criticism is fine, insults are unnecessary and just plain rude. I don't think you can imply that this is not "real music" and expect them to be appreciative.

For what it's worth, I'm a real music lover and I like what I've heard.
If you like the auto-tune sound that's great. To me the vocals would have more personality without it. I like Dan Caine's guitar music as I have mentioned in his threads. I never said it's not real music. I was saying the real music lovers can detect even relatively slight amounts of auto-tune where probably most of the listening public cannot. Could you hear it by the way? I suppose you could...

Last edited by supertzar; 16-09-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #12
Lunar_Sol

Default New video for Wildfire

We've created a new music video for another song from the album. This one is called "Wildfire", and is tuned to 432Hz for those interested in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fd-G9ffn_0

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2016, 07:47 AM   #13
Mattster1975
Premier Subscribers

Absolutely fantastic. I loved the instrumentation, the layering of sound and the melody is still in my head as I write. A really decent composition!

Matt
Mattster1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #14
paddy_blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Sol View Post
We've created a new music video for another song from the album. This one is called "Wildfire", and is tuned to 432Hz for those interested in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fd-G9ffn_0

Thanks!
Beautiful. Good luck with your album.
Old 18-12-2016, 08:42 PM   #15
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
If you like the auto-tune sound that's great. To me the vocals would have more personality without it. I like Dan Caine's guitar music as I have mentioned in his threads. I never said it's not real music. I was saying the real music lovers can detect even relatively slight amounts of auto-tune where probably most of the listening public cannot. Could you hear it by the way? I suppose you could...
but processed guitar is ok? lol. hmmm...quite a bias eh? why? whats the diff? it all has personality. the vocals got personality from using auto tune that they wouldnt have had without it. no need to be insulting about it.

the listening public who dont know about the technology involved are not real music lovers? lol. yep...insult everyone else while you are at it.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #16
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
Thank you. But I'm already beginning to regret posting this in here.
dont regret posting. i think some people just cant step outside their little boxes. beautiful voice by the way. and i know what i am talking about. i can tell you dont "need" auto tune. i can hear it. i guess some cant...
Old 18-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #17
jake_ball

Quote:
Hi all,

I'd like to introduce our music project, Lunar Sol. We have just released our first album called "New World", and wanted to share it on here as many of the songs on the album were inspired by the message that David Icke carries.

Our album is a collection of soulful, inspiring and atmospheric songs, with ethereal soundscapes, and soothing and uplifting melodies. We aim to create a music, healing universe of sound.

We're comprised of vocalist Hailey Rose and guitarist Dan Caine, who you may have heard before as he has posted some of his music on this forum.

I don't think I can share the Bandcamp link on here but please check out our latest video of one of the songs from the album, "Fallen". We'd love to hear your feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umzzdFjKKa4

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks
Hailey & Dan - Lunar Sol
Hi, nice music. Which songs were inspired by David Icke ?
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #18
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
but processed guitar is ok? lol. hmmm...quite a bias eh? why? whats the diff? it all has personality. the vocals got personality from using auto tune that they wouldnt have had without it. no need to be insulting about it.

the listening public who dont know about the technology involved are not real music lovers? lol. yep...insult everyone else while you are at it.
I didn't say it's not okay. I just said to me the singer's personality would come through more without it. I consider that constructive criticism, not an insult. Okay, maybe "music fanatics" would be a better term to get my point across. It's a relatively subtle use of an often abused technology in this track. I love creative processing. I'll slap a reverse preverb on a track and all kinds of shit. Just not a fan of the auto-tune sound. It's kind of a spammy post too - look. Oh yeah, I'll promote my music on the DIF even though I have never posted there and never will.

Last edited by supertzar; 18-12-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 19-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #19
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
I didn't say it's not okay. I just said to me the singer's personality would come through more without it. I consider that constructive criticism, not an insult. Okay, maybe "music fanatics" would be a better term to get my point across. It's a relatively subtle use of an often abused technology in this track. I love creative processing. I'll slap a reverse preverb on a track and all kinds of shit. Just not a fan of the auto-tune sound. It's kind of a spammy post too - look. Oh yeah, I'll promote my music on the DIF even though I have never posted there and never will.
meh...your comment caught me on a bad hour. dont sweat it.

you know what i want? i am still looking for the perfect tube amp without the tubes. tired of replacing tubes. i also have a usa peavey with the transtube thing but it doesn't do it for me. clean is ok but drive sucks. any ideas? yeah, i know, change the tubes, right?
Old 19-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #20
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
meh...your comment caught me on a bad hour. dont sweat it.

you know what i want? i am still looking for the perfect tube amp without the tubes. tired of replacing tubes. i also have a usa peavey with the transtube thing but it doesn't do it for me. clean is ok but drive sucks. any ideas? yeah, i know, change the tubes, right?
Hm, yeah I don't know, Rev. No substitute for the real thing as far as I know. How often do you have to replace them? Mine always lasted for years and years. Looking to acquire a new amp soon too and have my eye on the Laney Ironheart 30W combo. If I can manage to spend about twice that it will be something else that is made in England or America. Loved the Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp I had for a long time and the Marshall 1987X was *awesome* if way overpowered.

Last edited by supertzar; 19-12-2016 at 09:21 PM.