Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 13-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Exclamation Relationships are an illusion

Listen to me folks and spare yourselves a lot of misery. I'm not saying I'm against relationships, but if we can realize that they are an illusion then they can perhaps be fun without so much pain.

Emotions are incredibly blind, they have a life of their own. They make no sense whatsoever. There is like, this irrational force behind them.
What can this force be?
Hormones I expect. Our hormones program us to think we need someone to make us complete. Millions of years of evolution have programmed us to be addicted to the idea of finding someone. The brain rewards us with chemicals that make us feel good when this love is given back, which is nice enough. However....when it is not....well that's another story altogether. I think most people have gone through it at least some time during their lives. As we know, if things don't work out with our desired mate it feels like hell, like torture. Like it murders our hearts.

Enough is enough. I don't want to be controlled by my brain's chemicals any more. I'm sick of being fooled by it. It's no good any more to be reassured by others that there's someone out there for me, that I'm attractive, etc, etc. Love doesn't work like that. You don't chose who you fall in love with. If your sensitive, like me, and things don't work out...it will break you. If I had been luckier I would have found the right person earlier on in my life and had my children in those circumstances. My irrational brain wouldn't let that happen, I fell for someone who wasn't right for me. Fate would not bring me the one who is compatible....and I've always wondered....why....where are you?

Now I have the answer.

Soul mates, twin flames etc are only a romantic fairy tale that just drive us more crazy along with these stupid pathetic hormones that program our minds to crave companionship so deeply.

The "ideal" partner doesn't exist.

Everything is temporary.
Nothing lasts.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Is it not better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

lottie_new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstrangeworld View Post
Listen to me folks and spare yourselves a lot of misery. I'm not saying I'm against relationships, but if we can realize that they are an illusion then they can perhaps be fun without so much pain.

Emotions are incredibly blind, they have a life of their own. They make no sense whatsoever. There is like, this irrational force behind them.
What can this force be?
Hormones I expect. Our hormones program us to think we need someone to make us complete. Millions of years of evolution have programmed us to be addicted to the idea of finding someone. The brain rewards us with chemicals that make us feel good when this love is given back, which is nice enough. However....when it is not....well that's another story altogether. I think most people have gone through it at least some time during their lives. As we know, if things don't work out with our desired mate it feels like hell, like torture. Like it murders our hearts.

Enough is enough. I don't want to be controlled by my brain's chemicals any more. I'm sick of being fooled by it. It's no good any more to be reassured by others that there's someone out there for me, that I'm attractive, etc, etc. Love doesn't work like that. You don't chose who you fall in love with. If your sensitive, like me, and things don't work out...it will break you. If I had been luckier I would have found the right person earlier on in my life and had my children in those circumstances. My irrational brain wouldn't let that happen, I fell for someone who wasn't right for me. Fate would not bring me the one who is compatible....and I've always wondered....why....where are you?

Now I have the answer.

Soul mates, twin flames etc are only a romantic fairy tale that just drive us more crazy along with these stupid pathetic hormones that program our minds to crave companionship so deeply.

Everything is temporary.
Nothing lasts.

We gotta have a relationship so that we can have kids dont we ? And to have an mum AND a dad (who are unbrainwashed) is gonna create a strong family unit.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie View Post
Although I believe that quote to be LOGICAL, I think that the quote itself does not take into account human emotions. It's a crap quote, simple as that. I dont know how that quote got so popular. There are FAR better quotes out there.
Btw Lottie, I was not trying to wind you up or anything there. I just think that quote is not a good one. I wasnt criticising you, I was criticising the quote Love ya "Lots" xx

Last edited by steevo; 13-06-2009 at 02:06 PM.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
infinite i

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
We gotta have a relationship so that we can have kids dont we ? And to have an mum AND a dad (who are unbrainwashed) is gonna create a strong family unit.
very good point steevo!

I remeber moby said that people who get hurt really badly then try to find love again must be sadists if theres another chance that that pain could happen to you. In saying that I heard moby was sleazy so and so but he makes a good point. Im willing to take that chance as im very happy at the moment and if I lost her I think im in a far better position to deal with it and not endure that pain that ive felt before.

See some people especially a lot of woman have hardly been alone so need this in their lifes but the majority of men have been used to a life on their own I think, being single for a long time definately helps buid strenght of character, like a guy in my work split form his wife of 24 years recently and hes totally lost and I said to him it could be good for you to learn to be alone, he agreed but he is struggling.

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
Although I believe that quote to be LOGICAL, I think that the quote itself does not take into account human emotions. It's a crap quote, simple as that. I dont know how that quote got so popular. There are FAR better quotes out there.
Btw Lottie, I was not trying to wind you up or anything there. I just think that quote is not a good one. I wasnt criticising you, I was criticising the quote Love ya "Lots" xx
thanks... i did take it to heart for a minute but im ultra sensitive atm... so no hard feelings xx

i only said it coz my mum mentioned it the other day when i was discussing the possibility of losing my baby... i think in that respect its a crap quote since i'd rather not gotten too deep in bond with my boy the lesser the love- the less severe the hurt no?.. but mother baby bond is way different to relationships so i thought it was best to pose the question to LISW... im sad she feels this way.
Arch-strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, senior adviser to Barack Obama, stated in a presentation to the highly influential Council on Foreign Relations that "...the greatest obstacle to establishing a One World Government is the rapid political awakening amongst the masses." May 2010.

Old 13-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Quote:
thanks... i did take it to heart for a minute but im ultra sensitive atm... so no hard feelings xx

i only said it coz my mum mentioned it the other day when i was discussing the possibility of losing my baby... i think in that respect its a crap quote since i'd rather not gotten too deep in bond with my boy the lesser the love- the less severe the hurt no?.. but mother baby bond is way different to relationships so i thought it was best to pose the question to LISW... im sad she feels this way.
Much love and light to you both.

My brother and his wife lost a baby a year or so ago, fortunately they were able to prepare themselves as they knew that patua syndrome babies only usually live a short while. They were so brave with everything, I am very proud of them even though I don't see them much. They had a strong feeling that this child was special, he will always be dear to them even though he can't be physically with them. A huge rainbow appeared in the sky on the day when the family said goodbye.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm sharing the wrong words right now.

Just try not to worry about anything and be relaxed. It seems that there is a purpose, a reason for things and a destiny.

I just don't know about relationships.

Last edited by lostinstrangeworld; 13-06-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 13-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Red face

Quote:
Yes, I guess that's true in some ways.

I'm just feeling bitter that things haven't happened in my life the way that I dreamed as a girl.

But I'm far from the only one who has problems as this, at least I can feel some sort of togetherness in that.

Even Anastasia of The Ringing Cedars suffered unrequited love!

Last edited by lostinstrangeworld; 13-06-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 13-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Much love and light to you both.

My brother and his wife lost a baby a year or so ago, fortunately they were able to prepare themselves as they knew that patua syndrome babies only usually live a short while. They were so brave with everything, I am very proud of them even though I don't see them much. They had a strong feeling that this child was special, he will always be dear to them even though he can't be physically with them. A huge rainbow appeared in the sky on the day when the family said goodbye.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm sharing the wrong words right now.

Just try not to worry about anything and be relaxed. It seems that there is a purpose, a reason for things and a destiny.

I just don't know about relationships.

Thanks hun... patua syndrome is one i was tested for but thankfully it proved negative...along with Downs and Edwards otherwise i wouldnt have got this far! My heart wrenches for your brother and his wife...i cannot bear the thought of it... i only speak hypothetically but it is a possibility... we're not out of the woods yet!

But hey...look how i managed to make this all about me?!! LOL!!

Sorry- derailed your thread... im sorry you feel so negative about relationships... i know its hard when things dont go the way we want them to.. but sometimes we have to let it go and start again... maybe do some inside work? I know you're a terribly sensitive soul.. i too was the same but it made me miserable... so empathetic that it affected everything i did- the way i felt- my emotional state etc etc... i had to harden up a little... (not over the top) within reason..in order to protect myself and stop myself from experiencing emotional turmoil constantly! I dont honestly know how i did it.. you have to kind of 'stop caring' as much.. like i say not so you're cold or go completely the other way.. but a level that allows you to live your life without suffering all the time.... still being a kind a caring soul yet not allowing your emotions to rule you! Easier said than done... think of it like you said.... chemicals in your body/brain... i think that helps... but dont lose sight of the fact that you are still a 'soul' with love and care inbuilt.

Old 13-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks hun... patua syndrome is one i was tested for but thankfully it proved negative...along with Downs and Edwards otherwise i wouldnt have got this far! My heart wrenches for your brother and his wife...i cannot bear the thought of it... i only speak hypothetically but it is a possibility... we're not out of the woods yet!

But hey...look how i managed to make this all about me?!! LOL!!

Sorry- derailed your thread... im sorry you feel so negative about relationships... i know its hard when things dont go the way we want them to.. but sometimes we have to let it go and start again... maybe do some inside work? I know you're a terribly sensitive soul.. i too was the same but it made me miserable... so empathetic that it affected everything i did- the way i felt- my emotional state etc etc... i had to harden up a little... (not over the top) within reason..in order to protect myself and stop myself from experiencing emotional turmoil constantly! I dont honestly know how i did it.. you have to kind of 'stop caring' as much.. like i say not so you're cold or go completely the other way.. but a level that allows you to live your life without suffering all the time.... still being a kind a caring soul yet not allowing your emotions to rule you! Easier said than done... think of it like you said.... chemicals in your body/brain... i think that helps... but dont lose sight of the fact that you are still a 'soul' with love and care inbuilt.
Thank you. I'm glad you shared your feelings on this thread, I was nervous as to whether to say anything or not, I felt I wanted to, and was worried I might say the wrong thing. I'm relieved I didn't say the wrong thing. So never mind about "derailing" my thread.

Thanks, that's good advice.
Old 13-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
breezinreezin
Inactive

Quote:
I'm just feeling bitter that things haven't happened in my life the way that I dreamed as a girl.
I think many of us do. If you think about it, from an early age we're fed, fairy stories of gallant princes, fair princesses and many other romantic ideals. Then there's the disney fantasies, romantic movies, TV, etc. We're not prepared for the reality of real relationships, because we've been sold a ideal that is far removed from the real world. When we meet somebody and it turns sour we blame ourselves, thinking we either aren't good or loveable enough, or that we've been cursed ( that's my one) or have some kind of anti-relationship trait. When really our problem is we've been indoctrinanted at a very deep level for an early age to have these romantic ideals that probably don't and never did exist.

Personally I've given up and have let those dreams go. That's sad, but it's sadder to be waiting for some future that will probably not materialise. These days I'm more concerned that my spritual practices have gone out the window and cynicism has back crept in. That said I do miss a cuddle
breezinreezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Thank you. I'm glad you shared your feelings on this thread, I was nervous as to whether to say anything or not, I felt I wanted to, and was worried I might say the wrong thing. I'm relieved I didn't say the wrong thing. So never mind about "derailing" my thread.

Thanks, that's good advice.
No worries.. x

Old 13-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
lottie_new
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezinreezin View Post
I think many of us do. If you think about it, from an early age we're fed, fairy stories of gallant princes, fair princesses and many other romantic ideals. Then there's the disney fantasies, romantic movies, TV, etc. We're not prepared for the reality of real relationships, because we've been sold a ideal that is far removed from the real world. When we meet somebody and it turns sour we blame ourselves, thinking we either aren't good or loveable enough, or that we've been cursed ( that's my one) or have some kind of anti-relationship trait. When really our problem is we've been indoctrinanted at a very deep level for an early age to have these romantic ideals that probably don't and never did exist.

Personally I've given up and have let those dreams go. That's sad, but it's sadder to be waiting for some future that will probably not materialise. These days I'm more concerned that my spritual practices have gone out the window and cynicism has back crept in. That said I do miss a cuddle

More good advice!!

Old 13-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
siriusc

People are constantly growing and changing. To think that when you find a partner you will grow in the same direction or accept the change in each other is naive. Some people stick it out for the sake of the children, but even this isn't always in everyone's best interest.

Don't give up on relationships and don't become bitter and closed down because they end. Keep changing and growing and hopefully you will find someone to carry on through part of the journey with you.
siriusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #15
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezinreezin View Post

Thanks.

I think my goal is now never to fall in love with any one man again.

I'll just have to share my love with the world in general.

To hell with falling "in love".

And all those love songs that cast a spell of co-dependence.

I think it takes a lot of strength and guts not to hate/ resent someone when they reject you. It would make my life so much easier if my ex, the father of my kids, was able to love me without wanting to control me now we have split up, but I understand how hard this is for him, even though we have nothing we can give each other any more.

I was involved with someone recently who did not act negatively when I broke up with him; I will always be grateful for that.

I have given this other guy a difficult time on occasion (who I've held onto sentimental feelings for so long, despite everything).

I really need to let go, stop feeling sorry for myself and stop being so obsessive. I'm not the only one who is hurting, so many others out there in the world are too.

That was why I started this thread, because I feel that maybe we are wasting our energy on these emotions, emotions resulting as a trick of the chemistry of the brain.

Last edited by lostinstrangeworld; 13-06-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 13-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #16
tracker

Quote:

What can this force be?

Now I have the answer.

Everything is temporary.
Nothing lasts.

I relate to this in so many ways , although I do extremely believe in soul mates .

The Ideal relationship does exist but here is now a trap , please listen .

what is a relationship ?
after all I have a relate--- relation---ship with my children , I am their father and that is my relationship to them .
I have a mother , my relationship is one of blood and family as is my children .

I have working ----------relationships at work .
I have a relationship with many people on the net --- the relate---ionship is one of friendship .

the problem these days is people think that a loving companionship is a relationship . ding ding BUZZER says NO it is NOT !

a man and a woman mayhave a loving companionship , but if they believe it is a--------relationship , then is it any wonder why it is doomed to fail ?
of course not , the word relationship is actually one of a casual nature , or that of being related , and if we convince our self that we are in a relationship when really it should be looked upon as a companionship , the intent and actions including those thoughts will combine together to make it a relationship and not a loving companionship .

its mind and word asociation , convince your self that it is a relationship and it will fail , but if you have a loving companionship or a soul mate ----these words and meanings are completely different to the latter .

if you get my drift ?

too many people think they have a relationship ----------yeah well they might but then they have to realise why they havent found their soul mate .

also

only when we have made peace with our self and can love our self , and respect our self , will we ever find our soul mate , who also is at peace with them self , respects them self , which is why they are ready for the big meeting .

until then , many will settle for second best and have ----------a relationship .

but hay -----lostinstrangeworld , saying what you said is great and i will tell you why .

only when we realise that we do not need another [erson to justify our existance can we begin to find our self .

once that has been acomplished , only good news can come from that .

as the saying goes , when we look for loving companionships , it never happens , when we give up looking for it , bang , there it is .

you do your stuff lostinstrangeworld , if this is what you strongly believe , i can see nothing bad or wrong happening .

you will previal .

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #17
breezinreezin
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks.

I think my goal is now never to fall in love with any one man again.

I'll just have to share my love with the world in general.

To hell with falling "in love".

And all those love songs that cast a spell of co-dependence.
Oh, that might be like not thinking about pink elephants

I'd be happy to fall in love, it ain't never happened. I'm like a fortress with a raised draw bridge.

...now if only that fair maiden could swim across the moat, scale the wall, and brave the frozen tundra to my heart
breezinreezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #18
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusc View Post
People are constantly growing and changing. To think that when you find a partner you will grow in the same direction or accept the change in each other is naive. Some people stick it out for the sake of the children, but even this isn't always in everyone's best interest.

Don't give up on relationships and don't become bitter and closed down because they end. Keep changing and growing and hopefully you will find someone to carry on through part of the journey with you.
I just feel, if it was meant to happen for me, it would have done already......

Something I wrote a while back:

I hate being a woman
I hate having desire
I hate needing, to be filled
I hate feeling attachment
Everything changes, changes
Changes
There's no stable ground
To stand upon
Nothing stays the same
Everything changes
I didn't want
A sea of faces
I only wanted one.

Last edited by lostinstrangeworld; 13-06-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 13-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #19
tracker

Quote:
I just feel, if it was meant to happen for me, it would have done already......

Something I wrote a while back:

I hate being a woman
I hate having desire
I hate needing, to be filled
I hate feeling attachment
Everything changes, changes
Changes
There's no stable ground
To stand upon
Nothing stays the same
Everything changes
I didn't want
A sea of faces
I only wanted one.

well it sounds as though this is about to change from what you have said , atleast you do something about it unlike others who let it manifest and get more potent .

you'll do alright lostinstrangeworld .

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post

the problem these days is people think that a loving companionship is a relationship . ding ding BUZZER says NO it is NOT !..........
Interesting post, thank you.

Yes, exactly, and I have realized this in the past and a more deeper realization recently. But then things happened to cause old feelings to be raised to the surface once again only to come crashing down in disappointment when I realized I got the wrong idea.

I do realize I don't need another person to make me complete.
But it still doesn't seem to change the fact that I am vulnerable.
I blame my vulnerability COMPLETELY on the fact that I am an intensely romantic of soul.

Is the uni-verse forcing me to change?

Last edited by lostinstrangeworld; 13-06-2009 at 03:45 PM.