Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

View Poll Results: Is the LOA a Con?
Yes 40 24.10%
No 77 46.39%
Not sure 49 29.52%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
truthcommission

Default Is the LOA the greatest mind-control scam?

Lately there seems to be a huge interest in LOA (Law of Attraction). There are even people who make such fluffy statements as if we all focus on the positive all the bad stuff will magically disappear from our world. Not only is this naive but giving people a warped version of reality.

I am beginning to think that the LOA is the biggest con being manufactured to keep people in denial whilst brainwashing them into thinking that none of the negative stuff really exists or that there is in fact no out there.

Funnily enough most of the people I have met who have waffled on about the LOA or The Secret don't even understand fully the mechanics of know how the whole thing works or haven't actually manifested anything significant instead preferring to manifest abundance or some other self-centered desire.
Old 22-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
teslafire

It ranks up there with "I'll die for all your sins", but yeah, its hook is an advertiser's wet dream; follow your feelings!

I hear people talking about this everywhere now, its become normal conversation at parties, at work, and most influentially as polite fodder mentioned in passing.
9/11: Created to be Exposed
teslafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
neutron flux

neutron flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
limelady
Inactive

Is the Law of Attraction a scam? No.

its merely the renaming of a very old and very well known universal law known as karma.

What you sow, so shall you reep. Cause and effect, like attracts like.... Blah, blah...

If you haven't witnessed the LOA in your own life, then you must have been just as asleep as all those who are ONLY NOW beginning to wake to the understanding that they CAN begin to control their own experiences.

The Law of Attraction is a strong law.

Instead of calling it a scam, why don't you give it a try?

You MAY surprise yourself. Then again, you may not too, as it seems you already have a mindset on what is possible and what isn't, and the LOA appears to be on you "no can do" list.
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
azure

The "Law of Attraction" as typically presented is pure marketing, complete scam.

That's absolutely not to say that you can't learn to exert great influence over the world around you, but YOU MUST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE WORLD CAN ALSO INFLUENCE YOU IN TURN.

Learning to control your thoughts, beliefs, and internal state is important in increasing your impact in interacting with the world, but THEY ARE NOT THE SOLE DETERMINING FACTOR OF YOUR EXPERIENCE.

Dwelling on negative thoughts and depressing yourself is stupid, but REFUSING TO ACKNOWLEDGE UNFORTUNATE TRUTHS IS NOT THE ANSWER.

The "create your own reality" cult can lead to some thought processes that are absurd at best and potentially psychopathic and dangerous at worst. As I believe Icke said, "Ignorance is bliss, but only for a while."
azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
i am all i am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Learning to control your thoughts, beliefs, and internal state is important in increasing your impact in interacting with the world, but THEY ARE NOT THE SOLE DETERMINING FACTOR OF YOUR EXPERIENCE.
G'day Azure,

I agree that they aren't the sole determing factor.

THOUGHT, WORD, ACTION combined with BELIEF is the way that MIND, SOUL, BODY creates experience.

With LOVE.
i am all i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #7
azure

The key distinction is that you INFLUENCE the CONSENSUS REALITY, you do not "CREATE" a PERSONAL REALITY.
Old 22-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #8
teslafire

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelady View Post
its merely the renaming of a very old and very well known universal law known as karma.

What you sow, so shall you reep. Cause and effect, like attracts like.... Blah, blah...
That's a good point. I see it as a repackaging of the basic propaganda known as karma, in the oldest elite proferred mind control belief system/religion: Hinduism. Karma was how the caste system is justified; institutionalized slavery justified by hokey religious beief.

Quote:
If you haven't witnessed the LOA in your own life, then you must have been just as asleep as all those who are ONLY NOW beginning to wake to the understanding that they CAN begin to control their own experiences.
I must have been asleep? 'You create your reality' is as old as the Ashtar routine...

Quote:
The Law of Attraction is a strong law.
In your perception of reality, there is no doubt of this.

Quote:
Instead of calling it a scam, why don't you give it a try?
Try? What is there to try, its happening all the time, isn't it? I'm doing it right now, I attracted this experience...

Did you not attract this criticism of your belief system?
Old 22-03-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
limelady
Inactive

Hello azure. Boy are you on a tangent!

Quote:
azure;19377]The "Law of Attraction" as typically presented is pure marketing, complete scam.
Are you talking about the movie The Secret? If so, yes indeed it IS being marketed to the people, but if its something potentiall GOOD as opposed to something potentiall destructive (Like the Wars that are ALSO being marketed to us), then what the hell is wrong with this?

Has it ever occurred to you thaT ANYTHING with the potential to do some good would HAVE to be marketed in such a manner as to actually be heard through all the noise, and appeal to the masses? This is how the controllers have always controlled us. They have marketed their agenda in ways they know work. So what is wrong with another verson of reality being packaged and marketed in the same manner? Its a proven method, so why not use it?

The trick here is to know what to accept into your life and what not to accept.

Quote:
That's absolutely not to say that you can't learn to exert great influence over the world around you, but YOU MUST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE WORLD CAN ALSO INFLUENCE YOU IN TURN.
Have you ever heard anyone say otherwise? Until enough people on the planet realise what a total scam has been pulled on us, then the negative factions who've been controlling things here for so long will obviously continue to exert their strong influence. Who would deny this?

Quote:
Dwelling on negative thoughts and depressing yourself is stupid, but REFUSING TO ACKNOWLEDGE UNFORTUNATE TRUTHS IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Ditto what I just said above

Quote:
The "create your own reality" cult can lead to some thought processes that are absurd at best and potentially psychopathic and dangerous at worst. As I believe Icke said, "Ignorance is bliss, but only for a while."
He also says we must learn to creat our own reality. Unplugging from the matrix means learning to use our intuition (our own higher wisdom) rather than believing what we are told about anything.

I love the way you use the work "cult" here in order to try and influence others into believing that their understand they have the ability to become a co-creator in reality puts them into a "cult". Very crafty choice of words.

Azure, are you attempting to manipulate the people on this forum?
Old 22-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #10
lenejento

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthcommission View Post
Lately there seems to be a huge interest in LOA (Law of Attraction). There are even people who make such fluffy statements as if we all focus on the positive all the bad stuff will magically disappear from our world. Not only is this naive but giving people a warped version of reality.

I am beginning to think that the LOA is the biggest con being manufactured to keep people in denial whilst brainwashing them into thinking that none of the negative stuff really exists or that there is in fact no out there.

Funnily enough most of the people I have met who have waffled on about the LOA or The Secret don't even understand fully the mechanics of know how the whole thing works or haven't actually manifested anything significant instead preferring to manifest abundance or some other self-centered desire.
If it is (and I think it is) we'll find out quite soon because people would see that it's just not working. Maybe it's to keep us occupied with a spirituality dogma untill they plan to chip us, (maybe after a 3rd world war, the people give up all hope and are consumbed by guilt so they get chipped like I read on another thread).

In my personal experience I feel that the truth of what we really want and are looking for is who we already are, beingness. We don't need something outside of us to be fulfilled, we are fulfilled already, and who we really are, consciousness, won't let us be comfortable untill we know ourselfes as who we really are. That's why every wish can't be fulfilled with just a thought, not when we think we are our mind. When we get in touch with who we really are, and using mind as a TOOL I would think this would be more possible (creating reality that is) in a more effective way, but we would do this more for fun then. I've realised that if I live from my consciousness more (getting better at it day by day) syncroniseties happens much more frequently in my life. It's like everything just works out.

Hope I make some sense, I've been so much happier after watching Gangaji's videos, you can find them on google video.

Last edited by lenejento; 22-03-2007 at 11:59 PM.
lenejento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #11
mynameis

Default Reshape reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelady View Post
Hello azure. Boy are you on a tangent!

Are you talking about the movie The Secret? If so, yes indeed it IS being marketed to the people, but if its something potentiall GOOD as opposed to something potentiall destructive (Like the Wars that are ALSO being marketed to us), then what the hell is wrong with this?

Has it ever occurred to you thaT ANYTHING with the potential to do some good would HAVE to be marketed in such a manner as to actually be heard through all the noise, and appeal to the masses? This is how the controllers have always controlled us. They have marketed their agenda in ways they know work. So what is wrong with another verson of reality being packaged and marketed in the same manner? Its a proven method, so why not use it?

The trick here is to know what to accept into your life and what not to accept.

Have you ever heard anyone say otherwise? Until enough people on the planet realise what a total scam has been pulled on us, then the negative factions who've been controlling things here for so long will obviously continue to exert their strong influence. Who would deny this?

Ditto what I just said above

He also says we must learn to creat our own reality. Unplugging from the matrix means learning to use our intuition (our own higher wisdom) rather than believing what we are told about anything.

I love the way you use the work "cult" here in order to try and influence others into believing that their understand they have the ability to become a co-creator in reality puts them into a "cult". Very crafty choice of words.

Azure, are you attempting to manipulate the people on this forum?
This is just as abusing as any other form of mind control. Reality is what you make by doing unto others as you would for yourself. Selfishness causes all the evils of this world and what's more selfish than vanity, attraction, fascism?
mynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
truthcommission

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
The "Law of Attraction" as typically presented is pure marketing, complete scam.
Maybe I should have been a little bit clearer in my original post. I don't deny that intention CAN effect the outcome of certain things or even change the nature of things. Science is only now beginning to catch up to this reality with some of the developments in quantum physics.

In fact science has only barely scratched the surface of quantum theory and some of the discoveries that are being made now would make the mind boggle with their implications. Time travel, teleportation, parallel universes, instant manifestation and the ability to make one invisible are all theoretically possible if one considers the nature of 'reality' as recently espoused by quantum physicists and the Indian Vedas thousands of years ago.

I think that many people in the personal development and 'new age' field have cottoned onto some of these 'new discoveries' and jumped on the bandwagon. As a result we are seeing hype marketing in full effect selling The Secret with its watered down theories.

I sometimes wonder is this engineered to distract people from their true potential?
Old 23-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #13
limelady
Inactive

Quote:
Try? What is there to try, its happening all the time, isn't it? I'm doing it right now, I attracted this experience...

Did you not attract this criticism of your belief system?
Hi teslafire.

Indeed, but I do not believe it a belief system as you do. To me its a 'know' system because I understand how this works on a deeper level involving my part in being a co-creator.

Quote:
That's a good point. I see it as a repackaging of the basic propaganda known as karma, in the oldest elite proferred mind control belief system/religion: Hinduism. Karma was how the caste system is justified; institutionalized slavery justified by hokey religious beief.
Indeed it is a good point because all "beleif systems" are based on some truth or the people would never have resonated with anything.

It is unfortuante that the religions (the controllers) have used the LOA against the people, packaging it in such a way as to cause fear and dependence on their religion.

To say it has been re-packaged is a good point and I covered this in my former post. But thankfully this time the LOA has finally come out of the closet to be looked at outside of its former religious constricts.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:02 AM   #14
azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelady
Because it's extremely misleading.

Quote:
Have you ever heard anyone say otherwise?
Yep, I most certainly have. My post was directed towards those who believe:

1) Nothing can happen to them unless they specifically "manifest" it.

2) The entire world is merely a projection of their thoughts.

3) All conspiracy information should be ignored as it is too "negative" and that "by focusing on it we're only manifesting more of it".

If you're only taking it as far as, "Hey, if you learn to control your thoughts and mental processes, you can perform better and thus achieve better results in the world", that's totally cool.

Unfortunately, that's not how it's marketed. It's marketed as, "ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOU IS A RESULT OF YOUR THOUGHTS, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT REALLY HARD AND IT WILL MAGICALLY COME TO YOU!"

Which is totally not cool.

Quote:
It becomes very cult-like indeed for some people.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
teslafire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult#So...ns_of_religion
Secular cult opponents define a "cult" as a religious or non-religious group that tends to manipulate, exploit, and control its members. Here are two definitions by Michael Langone and Louis Jolyon West, scholars who are widely recognized among the secular cult opposition:

Cults are groups that often exploit members psychologically and/or financially, typically by making members comply with leadership's demands through certain types of psychological manipulation, popularly called mind control, and through the inculcation of deep-seated anxious dependency on the group and its leaders.1

"A cult is a group or movement exhibiting a great or excessive devotion or dedication to some person, idea or thing and employing unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control (e.g. isolation from former friends and family, debilitation, use of special methods to heighten suggestibility and subservience, powerful group pressures, information management, suspension of individuality or critical judgement, promotion of total dependency on the group and fear of [consequences of] leaving it, etc) designed to advance the goals of the group's leaders to the actual or possible detriment of members, their families, or the community." 8

Michael Langone has attempted to address the issue of multiple definitions of "cult".[6]

A more purely sociological definition was proposed by T. Robbins and D. Anthony (1982:283, quoted in Richardson 1993:351):

"...certain manipulative and authoritarian groups which allegedly employ mind control and pose a threat to mental health are universally labeled cults. These groups are usually 1) authoritarian in their leadership; 2)communal and totalistic in their organization; 3) aggressive in their proselylitizing; 4) systematic in their programs of indoctrination; 5)relatively new and unfamiliar in the United states; 6)middle class in their clientele"

The common anti-cult definition summarised,

* Manipulative and authoritarian mind control over members
* Communal and totalistic in their organisation
* Aggressive in proselytizing
* Systematic program of indoctrination
* New membership of cults by middle class

Last edited by teslafire; 23-03-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:10 AM   #16
i am all i am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
This is just as abusing as any other form of mind control. Reality is what you make by doing unto others as you would for yourself. Selfishness causes all the evils of this world and what's more selfish than vanity, attraction, fascism?
It all depends on what your idea of the self is.

Maybe if you expanded your idea of yourself you would merely see yourself appearing before you as a manifestation of your creative ability as THE CREATOR / ALL THAT IS / GOD (or whatever name that you choose to use).

With LOVE.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #17
limelady
Inactive

Quote:
If you're only taking it as far as, "Hey, if you learn to control your thoughts and mental processes, you can perform better and thus achieve better results in the world", that's totally cool.

Unfortunately, that's not how it's marketed. It's marketed as, "ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOU IS A RESULT OF YOUR THOUGHTS, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT REALLY HARD AND IT WILL MAGICALLY COME TO YOU!"
Which is totally not cool.
Thanks for your clarifying that. I personally haven't seen it marketed like that, but thats most likely because I am a free-thinker who learns from my own experience, therefore I haven't been attracted to the places where there are those who would practice the LOA (or anything else) as the foundation of a cult or a religion.

The LOA is just a deep understanding I have had since I was a child. It wasn't till I was in my teens that I finally read that others had the same understanding. But just because I understood it didn't mean I was always able to control my own experiences. I had a LOT of terrifying negative experiences coming at me 24/7 as a youngster, so I know full well how one can understand something well, yet still have no real control over it. As a dependant child, I was most certainly a victim of a person who welded his negative influences over me.

But that doesn't mean the LOA was not operational in my life in much smaller ways I could control from my perspective as a child. In fact had it not been for the fact that it was, I'd likely not have survived my childhood experiences at all.
Old 23-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #18
anders lindman

I have felt frustrated about the LOA. My new approach to see if the LOA works is to make the goals I set up have the highest priority in my subconscious. So instead of wanting something only as thoughts, I go into a deeper state that actually makes me feel that the new goal is MORE important than all my other goals. My initial attempts showed that this was not so easy to do in practice. Concerns about financial and social safety and so on are not easy to override in the subconscious. An example of this is: I will try to make money without having a job. When I listen to my subconscious I can hear: "Don't go in that direction! You will become a homeless bum. Stay with having an ordinary job. That's far more realistic and much more safe and secure."

Last edited by anders lindman; 23-03-2007 at 12:26 AM.
anders lindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #19
neutron flux

The LOA is totally subjective and the glossy repackaged sick bag fest that is "The Secret" fails to include many points such as: are the people caught up in hell-holes such as Iraq or Gaza creating their own reality? Is it their fault? If the people of Gaza just think hard enough then the Isreali occupation will just up and move? No, I don't think so either.

But hey, the PTB seem to be using the secret already as displayed in this quote from a white house aide:

Quote:
The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality - judiciously, as you will - we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."
They seem to be creating their own reality at the expense of ours.
neutron flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #20
i am all i am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
I have felt frustrated about the LOA. My new approach to see if the LOA works is to make the goals I set up have the highest priority in my subconscious. So instead of wanting something only as thoughts, I go into a deeper state that actually makes me feel that the new goal is MORE important than all my other goals. My initial attempts showed that this was not so easy to do in practice. Concerns about financial and social safety and so on are not easy to override in the subconscious. An example of this is: I will try to make money without having a job. When I listen to my subconscious I can hear: "Don't go in that direction! You will become a homeless bum. Stay with having an ordinary job. That's far more realistic and much more safe and secure."
G'day Anders,

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493

Here's a thread that can help you.

"I will try..." will not work. I AM is the statement that you require. The thread that I've listed will explain to you the reason why.

With LOVE.