Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 08-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Default "The Secret" on Oprah....

I'm not sure who or who has not seen the DVD "The Secret" but it has been very popular and many like my self felt it was confirmation of what they have always felt anyway..... a great way of getting the point through to people.

http://www.thesecret.tv/home.html

anyway, I come across these videos from the Oprah W show with the makers of "The Secret" on the show, thought some might be interested to see them...

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...ecret%2C+oprah

thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
friendsinthesky
Banned

What is the fasination with Oprah on this forum, Oprah manipulates media on her program or did you already know this?
friendsinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

I very rarely watch her .... though as far as i know she seems quite an up front person from what I'v seen.... I just fully believe in "The Secret" and these links have the makers talk more about it....

I think its great she has given the DVD this promotion.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
tru3

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsinthesky View Post
What is the fasination with Oprah on this forum, Oprah manipulates media on her program or did you already know this?
it's a misdirection, imo.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...rah+daily+show

the court jester is often the wisest person in the kindgom...
tru3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru3 View Post

I think the only thing that can misdirect someone is ones self.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
terry wogan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
I think the only thing that can misdirect someone is ones self.
I think you're wrong.
terry wogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #7
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry wogan View Post
I think you're wrong.
thinking is wonderful!!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #8
jimijams

Quote:

Thanks tru3, Jon Stewart is brilliant, have you seen the one on question marks? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+question+mark
jimijams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
purple is a fruit
Inactive

That was bloody funny Jimijams!
purple is a fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:05 AM   #10
tru3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijams View Post
Thanks tru3, Jon Stewart is brilliant, have you seen the one on question marks? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+question+mark

he and colbert are like this comedic hive mind. lolol they are so in sync. i just like to watch 'em trade licks at the end of the show every night.

timing is everything, no?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:18 AM   #11
anders lindman

I'm impressed by Oprah having the guts to make a show about The Secret. The Oprah Show reaches a huge audience, and this makes people aware of the possibility that there maybe is something like a law of attraction. I think that's great stuff.
anders lindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
tru3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
I'm impressed by Oprah having the guts to make a show about The Secret. The Oprah Show reaches a huge audience, and this makes people aware of the possibility that there maybe is something like a law of attraction. I think that's great stuff.
since i moved to chicago, in 1985, i've seen oprah get the crap kicked out of her over the years. she's paid her dues. what i was suggesting was that her hard-won influence is now being used as a smokescreen for larger issues. it's endemic to the whole cancer-ridden media in the u.s. we'll just talk about what oprah talks about so we can avoid dealing with threatening topics. if it isn't her, it's some runaway bride. and people eat it up.

so hopefully, you're right, anders. people will eat this up too, maybe. maybe they'll focus on the secret, actually apply it, and not allow themselves to get distracted by the latest headline about anna nicole.

i don't mean to be a pessimist, honestly. it's just i've been around americans all my life, and we have reeeeeeally short attention spans!

Last edited by tru3; 09-03-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: deleting repetitive redundant repeating words...:-o
Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #13
jimijams

Quote:
I hate to always sound like a doubting Thomas, but this film was financed by Packer(richest man in Australia) owned Network Nine the largest in Australia. Why are they pushing this so hard at the moment? Why the sudden promotion of something that has never really been a 'secret' to many anyway. You don't get any bigger a push as an appearance on Oprah.

Why do they want us visualizing a new house, money and sports cars?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 AM   #14
i am all i am
Banned

Quote:
I hate to always sound like a doubting Thomas, but this film was financed by Packer(richest man in Australia) owned Network Nine the largest in Australia. Why are they pushing this so hard at the moment? Why the sudden promotion of something that has never really been a 'secret' to many anyway. You don't get any bigger a push as an appearance on Oprah.

They are selling the 'DREAM'. Use this method to get what you want. Buy into the 'DREAM', consume and compete.

It's not 'The Secret" that they are selling. It's how YOU are supposed to use 'The Secret' to attain the 'DREAM'. That way you stay plugged in/controlled.

With LOVE.

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS, YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.
i am all i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 AM   #15
anders lindman

Quote:
since i moved to chicago, in 1985, i've seen oprah get the crap kicked out of her over the years. she's paid her dues. what i was suggesting was that her hard-won influence is now being used as a smokescreen for larger issues. it's endemic to the whole cancer-ridden media in the u.s. we'll just talk about what oprah talks about so we can avoid dealing with threatening topics. if it isn't her, it's some runaway bride. and people eat it up.

so hopefully, you're right, anders. people will eat this up too, maybe. maybe they'll focus on the secret, actually apply it, and not allow themselves to get distracted by the latest headline about anna nicole.

i don't mean to be a pessimist, honestly. it's just i've been around americans all my life, and we have reeeeeeally short attention spans!
Having a short attention span is a good quality I think, or to be more exact, to have attention that can be both very fast and short and slower and longer depending on what the attention is about. Then it should be possible to pay attention to both Anna Nicole and The Secret and anything else. No need to hold on to things that will last. They will last anyway. No need to hold on to things that will not last. They will not last anyway. Hehe.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #16
jimijams

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am all i am View Post
They are selling the 'DREAM'. Use this method to get what you want. Buy into the 'DREAM', consume and compete.

It's not 'The Secret" that they are selling. It's how YOU are supposed to use 'The Secret' to attain the 'DREAM'. That way you stay plugged in/controlled.

With LOVE.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #17
i am all i am
Banned

Quote:
Bingo! Visualize the new house and bang there are the bankers waiting to help you create your reality.
Only it's really their reality. You merely bought into it.

There are four impulse factors used in sales (manipulation of the four control dramas in the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield). 'Keeping up with the Jones' and 'Greed' are the impulse factors they are using.

If you buy their 'DREAM', you have to work for it and use their money to buy it. Obviously you are then enslaved by the system to work for the system.

Quick, jump on board everyone, we're sailing the system (titanic) to paradise.

As the system starts to sink (just like the titanic), you will see more and more desperation in selling the 'DREAM'. As more people wake up you will see the 'hard sell' as the system realises that it is sinking and has lost control.

With LOVE.
i am all i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #18
anders lindman

Quote:

I think Oprah is sincere and not easily manipulated or fooled. Packer does it either to only make money or both to make money and spread a good message to a large audience. But even if Packer is only in it for the money, Oprah is interested in more than money and fame I think.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #19
jimijams

Quote:
I think Oprah is sincere and not easily manipulated or fooled.
How do you know this? From what you see on TV? It's an illusion, you don't know someone because you watch them everyday on TV or listen on the radio.
It's an act and she is playing a role. Thats what they do on TV, they make pretend people in make believe worlds. If you like Oprah and believe she is sincere and not easily manipulated then all that shows me is that she is brilliant at her work and you've bought the illusion.

Last edited by jimijams; 09-03-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 AM   #20
oneofmany
Inactive

Ask Oprah about her bookclub? You'll soon see she's a corporate schill
oneofmany is offline   Reply With Quote