Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New Members Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
alohanui
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pineapple country
Posts: 35
Likes: 22 (13 Posts)
Default A newbie's general reaction to the forums

I've been here a little while now, and thought I'd post about the general reactions I've had to the forum overall (not just the new members area.) I'm making this series of posts in the hopes that this feedback from a newcomer might be helpful in some way.

First off:

I have issues with what is clearly generally regarded here as acceptable bigotry.

I understand that this forum doesn’t stand on political correctness, and I agree with that and think it’s important. I do, however, make a distinction between talking about a particular issue that involves particular members of a group, and the wholesale bashing and smearing of an entire group just for the sake of bashing it. When mods allow wholesale bashing bigotry posts to stand as they are, that sends the clear message to everyone that bigotry against that group is acceptable here, and that the members of the group being bashed therefore have no place here. That said:

How come bigotry threads with a racist base are taken down, but bigotry threads with a sexist base are allowed to remain? Blatanly racist threads are immediately taken down (or mods quickly edit them to make them non-racist,) but woman-hating threads are allowed to stand as they are. I’ve seen threads bashing women both by sexist humor and by outright attack (see a few threads on the theme “Are women inferior?,” one of which was even outright titled something very much like that. If that thread had been titled "Are (race group) inferior?" it would have been taken down immediately. Hmm.)

By the way, since a lot of people don’t seem to really grasp this, it’s worth saying that making bigoted or hate-filled remarks under the guise of humor doesn’t magically erase the bigotry or hate.

To come: posts on wondering where the compassion and kindness are, and also wondering why Icke seems to be largely ignored/ why people who agree with him are dismissed as fawning suck-ups or mindless 'guru followers.'

Last edited by alohanui; 24-11-2015 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Adding an important point
alohanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Sadly there is also man bashing here too

There are ongoing discussions where people are trying to work through whats going on in society and also to make sense of the break down of the fabric of society

There have been a number of insightful posts made by forum members explaining the insidious effects of cultural marxism

This could be a good area to look into to make sense of tensions between men and women in 'modern' society
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Cryptoverse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Cryptoverse
Posts: 10,223
Likes: 3,186 (1,684 Posts)
Default

The mod team can't win. If we take a lighter hand(which i prefer), we are accused of this threads OP. If we take a harsh hand and ban people all over the place, we are anti-free speech fascists.

We do the best we can... We don't see everything, and we can't make everyone happy. Try to understand these things before judging the mod team...
__________________
My Film Portfolio
“An idea behind using cover stories, such as religious or new age, is to encapsulate the opposition
into a state of inability to identify the real perpetrators.” ~Quote from my upcoming book
Omnisense Electronic Press Kit
Cryptoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Also if a person wants to shut down a discussion that can otherwise shed light on an issue they can cry crocodile tears and claim they are 'offended'

Eg you might be discussing the genetic proof that ashkenazis are descended from khazars NOT the biblical hebrews and you could get someone posting saying they are a jew and are 'offended' by the science and that everyone should shut up and stop exposing the lie underpinning political zionism...

Such tactics can be used for any subject including the exposure of cultural marxism and its insidious effects on our society when discussing the tensions beteen men and women in 'modern' society
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-11-2015 at 11:26 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Default You cant please all of the people, all of the time

There is a very fine line between freedom of speech and outright bigotry. As you say, the team at dif work very hard to swiftly remove threads/posts which clearly go against the rules of the forum.

Discussion threads about misogany / misandry are very common here and I personally find them to be a pain, but where do we draw the line? People should be allowed to have an opinion.

You point out that you have been here for a while. So you should have realised by now that people with an agenda of hate who post on here, inevitably end up getting their threads ranted. (at the very least)

Also, I'd like to point out that we do have a report button on each thread. If members are not happy with certain threads, then simply report them.


I will look forward to reading your "series of posts" on: Where this forum is going wrong?

Last edited by Getagrip; 24-11-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Likes: (2)
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #6
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
Also if a person wants to shut down a discussion that can otherwise shed light on an issue they can cry crocodile tears and claim they are 'offended'
Eg you might be discussing the genetic proof that ashkenazis are descended from khazars NOT the biblical hebrews and you could get someone posting saying they are a jew and are 'offended' by the science and that everyone should shut up and stop exposing the lie underpinning political zionism...

Such tactics can be used for any subject including the exposure of cultural marxism and its insidious effects on our society when discussing the tensions beteen men and women in 'modern' society


Yep! The team and many of the members have a good idea who these repeat offenders are and we try to deal with them in our own way.
Likes: (2)
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
i_am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 37,018
Likes: 1,300 (633 Posts)
Default

Perhaps because blatant racism is against the rules and etiquette?

It is a very fine line between moderating according to said rules and outright censorship. I dislike bigotry as much as anyone but if people are giving as good as they get, it is not outright abuse, then removing it is censorship.

As omni has said, the mods can't win. They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. All they can do is put personal feelings aside, apply the rules when necessary, edit where necessary and not be influenced by reactive members.
Likes: (2)
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #8
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Wink

Perhaps someone should start a poll .... "Would you like to see misogynist / misandrist threads banned from dif?"

I'd be more than happy to see the back of them.
Likes: (3)
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #9
paddy_blake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: No Self
Posts: 3,679
Likes: 3,721 (1,870 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getagrip View Post
Perhaps someone should start a poll .... "Would you like to see misogynist / misandrist threads banned from dif?"

I'd be more than happy to see the back of them.
Censorship is a bad idea. However, having a hate-filled thread sticking out like a sore thumb in the main forum section is also a bad idea. I suggest such threads are moved into some kind of rant area, thus solving the problem without resorting to censorship. People with resentment, bitterness etc., will always look for a reason to vent their pet hatreds.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #10
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
Censorship is a bad idea. However, having a hate-filled thread sticking out like a sore thumb in the main forum section is also a bad idea. I suggest such threads are moved into some kind of rant area, thus solving the problem without resorting to censorship. People with resentment, bitterness etc., will always look for a reason to vent their pet hatreds.
That's what we use the Rant Room for.

We kinda know right away with certain threads that they will end up in there but we do try to give the benefit of doubt, for a time. Which lets other members have their say on the subject and sometimes a thread made with the intent of causing offense can be turned around by the members replies and in doing so, becomes a good topic for discussion. (that's quite rare, but it does sometimes happen)
Also, If we move threads into RR too quickly the shout of 'Censorship' goes out.

Likes: (1)
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #11
paddy_blake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: No Self
Posts: 3,679
Likes: 3,721 (1,870 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanui View Post
To come: posts on wondering where the compassion and kindness are, and also wondering why Icke seems to be largely ignored/ why people who agree with him are dismissed as fawning suck-ups or mindless 'guru followers.'
My general thoughts are that acting out in a negative way towards people on the forums, isn't a good indication of a genuinely positive change within someone, and that doesn't help the "cause" of trying to get people to realize truths about the world. Not that I am part of any such cause, just saying that many have taken up "waking up" people as their cause in life, ironically not having fully woken up themselves.

However, censorship is itself a form of negativity, if misused, so you can't really win whatever you try and do. I am very much on the side of freedom of speech, regardless of how unpleasant the subject matter is. You can choose to read or listen to someone.

Probably the best solution is to actually confront hatred in a wise and kind way, without it affecting you negatively or emotionally, thus ending the vicious cycle that is creates within you. And then allow people who have not grown beyond their internal self-hatred, bitterness and resentments against the world to learn to grow out of it by allow them to reflect on their own negative expression.

Last edited by paddy_blake; 24-11-2015 at 12:22 PM.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #12
alohanui
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pineapple country
Posts: 35
Likes: 22 (13 Posts)
Default

Where’s the kindness and compassion?

The intensity of the attacks in the forum between people of different opinions frequently takes me aback - there doesn’t seem to be much kindness or compassion.

Points of view differ. Of course they do. Homogenity of opinion with everyone obediently toeing a certain line isn’t what I’m looking for, though.

Granted, any group of people is going to inevitably be at all different levels of maturity and consciousness, and members of a forum are no exception.

But I came to this forum expecting a lot fewer people trapped in ego consciousness, because I presumed everyone would be at least familiar with Icke’s work on consciousness, how we are all one, how each of us is the Infinite experiencing itself as Bob Jones for the moment. How ‘infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion.’

Turns out that ain’t so. Poster X ridicules poster Z just as though That Which Is The Ground Of Being didn’t also look out through Z’s eyes every bit as much as X’s own.

I know there isn’t much mods can do about this in the same way they -can- do something about the currently acceptable bigotry issue I outline in the first post (edit to add: that is not an attack on the moderators,) but I do like and appreciate the fact that they do move threads that have turned into outright slugfests into the time-out room known as the Rant Room.

Next up: How come it’s ‘uncool’ to like Icke?

(Edit: Wow, this thread blew up while I was writing this second post. I appreciate all the responses.)

Last edited by alohanui; 24-11-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Likes: (2)
alohanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getagrip View Post
Perhaps someone should start a poll .... "Would you like to see misogynist / misandrist threads banned from dif?"

I'd be more than happy to see the back of them.
That would be censorship

It would also shut down discussion about cultural marxism
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #14
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanui View Post
Where’s the kindness and compassion?

The intensity of the attacks in the forum between people of different opinions frequently takes me aback - there doesn’t seem to be much kindness or compassion.

Points of view differ. Of course they do. Homogenity of opinion with everyone obediently toeing a certain line isn’t what I’m looking for, though.

Granted, any group of people is going to inevitably be at all different levels of maturity and consciousness, and members of a forum are no exception.

But I came to this forum expecting a lot fewer people trapped in ego consciousness, because I presumed everyone would be at least familiar with Icke’s work on consciousness, how we are all one, how each of us is the Infinite experiencing itself as Bob Jones for the moment. How ‘infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion.’

Turns out that ain’t so. Poster X ridicules poster Z just as though That Which Is The Ground Of Being didn’t also look out through Z’s eyes every bit as much as X’s own.

I know there isn’t much mods can do about this in the same way they -can- do something about the currently acceptable bigotry issue I outline in the first post, but I do like and appreciate the fact that they do move threads that have turned into outright slugfests into the time-out room known as the Rant Room.

Next up: How come it’s ‘uncool’ to like Icke?
I think that sites like this will attract not only trolls but also people with certain agendas

A huge amount of government money is spent on 'cyberwarfare' which includes managing the perceptions of the public to make them believe the official narrative

For every genuine truth seeker on here sharing a bit of info they have found i would expect there to be one person lying either because they have an agenda (due to a group they might be invested in), they are a paid shill, or they are ignorant of a certain area of the conspiracy and are not assimilating that information easily

One government trouble maker can also use multiple usernames to increase the disruption they cause

They probably work in shifts around the clock
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-11-2015 at 12:49 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #15
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
That would be censorship

It would also shut down discussion about cultural marxism
We best just stick to the way we handle things now then. It's a good system and it does work.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #16
alohanui
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pineapple country
Posts: 35
Likes: 22 (13 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
Also if a person wants to shut down a discussion that can otherwise shed light on an issue they can cry crocodile tears and claim they are 'offended'

Eg you might be discussing the genetic proof that ashkenazis are descended from khazars NOT the biblical hebrews and you could get someone posting saying they are a jew and are 'offended' by the science and that everyone should shut up and stop exposing the lie underpinning political zionism...

Such tactics can be used for any subject including the exposure of cultural marxism and its insidious effects on our society when discussing the tensions beteen men and women in 'modern' society
I'd like to draw attention to a line I wrote in the first post. "I do, however, make a distinction between talking about a particular issue that involves particular members of a group, and the wholesale bashing and smearing of an entire group just for the sake of bashing it." That should pretty much cover the 'well, you can't talk Zionism/these particular people involved in Zionism, because I'm Jewish and that offends me' thing. I'm glad mods don't let people play that card here.

Regarding gender bashing vs. the idea of cultural marxism: For argument's sake, let's say that that there really are inherent differences between men and women and make the following analogy: the human race is a car, and one gender is the engine and the other is the transmission. You can't put an engine where a transmission should go, and vice versa. Engines do what engines do, and transmissions do what transmissions do.

But does that mean the transmission is "better than" the engine? Or that the engine is "superior" to the transmission? Does it make any sense for either of them to make sneering jokes about the other? Nah. *shrug*

So it doesn't matter if the cultural marxists are right or wrong: either way, there is no need for bigotry against women.
Likes: (1)
alohanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #17
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26,740
Likes: 13,667 (7,885 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanui View Post
I'd like to draw attention to a line I wrote in the first post. "I do, however, make a distinction between talking about a particular issue that involves particular members of a group, and the wholesale bashing and smearing of an entire group just for the sake of bashing it." That should pretty much cover the 'well, you can't talk Zionism/these particular people involved in Zionism, because I'm Jewish and that offends me' thing. I'm glad mods don't let people play that card here.

Regarding gender bashing vs. the idea of cultural marxism: For argument's sake, let's say that that there really are inherent differences between men and women and make the following analogy: the human race is a car, and one gender is the engine and the other is the transmission. You can't put an engine where a transmission should go, and vice versa. Engines do what engines do, and transmissions do what transmissions do.

But does that mean the transmission is "better than" the engine? Or that the engine is "superior" to the transmission? Does it make any sense for either of them to make sneering jokes about the other? Nah. *shrug*

So it doesn't matter if the cultural marxists are right or wrong: either way, there is no need for bigotry against women.
if you look in those threads you'll see me calling for peace and saying that men and women are both equally vital to humanity despite often having different strengths

But from what i see in those threads it is not the male posters relentlessly throwing insults around

So i find it strange that you mention only mysogeny and not misandry because to me it is glaringly obvious whats going on

what the cultural marxists are saying is that everything is culture and that there is no biological factors making men and women different

But BOTH genetics AND environment play a part in shaping someone

They know that really which is why they are covertly hitting the population with gender bending endocrine disruptors and GMO's to change humanity on a genetic level

They're liars who lie to achieve their aims
__________________
when the people in power want you dead, just existing is a revolutionary act

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 24-11-2015 at 01:25 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #18
hayed joe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: No longer Quiz Nights Fastest Typer It Appears
Posts: 2,698
Likes: 801 (442 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanui View Post
I've been here a little while now, and thought I'd post about the general reactions I've had to the forum overall.'
You get used to it! It doesn't change who you are and what you feel, it's more you learn to just get used to it and have it roll off you like water and duck's backs.
Mind you, when I first joined I was so overwhelmed it was terrifying.
Now, when I have something to contribute I will.
You can either make it your home or make it a desert. I chose the home!
We agree on more than we disagree on. But those threads only have about one or two pages.
__________________
BE MULTI-LINGUAL!!
Because you can never say "Shit... I'm fucked" enough in your own language
hayed joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #19
getagrip
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,875
Likes: 5,091 (2,677 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanui View Post
Where’s the kindness and compassion?

The intensity of the attacks in the forum between people of different opinions frequently takes me aback - there doesn’t seem to be much kindness or compassion.

Points of view differ. Of course they do. Homogenity of opinion with everyone obediently toeing a certain line isn’t what I’m looking for, though.

Granted, any group of people is going to inevitably be at all different levels of maturity and consciousness, and members of a forum are no exception.

But I came to this forum expecting a lot fewer people trapped in ego consciousness, because I presumed everyone would be at least familiar with Icke’s work on consciousness, how we are all one, how each of us is the Infinite experiencing itself as Bob Jones for the moment. How ‘infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion.’

Turns out that ain’t so. Poster X ridicules poster Z just as though That Which Is The Ground Of Being didn’t also look out through Z’s eyes every bit as much as X’s own.

I know there isn’t much mods can do about this in the same way they -can- do something about the currently acceptable bigotry issue I outline in the first post (edit to add: that is not an attack on the moderators,) but I do like and appreciate the fact that they do move threads that have turned into outright slugfests into the time-out room known as the Rant Room.

Next up: How come it’s ‘uncool’ to like Icke?

(Edit: Wow, this thread blew up while I was writing this second post. I appreciate all the responses.)
I'd have to say that I've found many people on here full of both kindness and compassion but I do understand your frustration with certain posters.

I try see them in this way, they have come to this forum seeking some kind of truth and they 'act out' through their own frustrations / fears at what's going on in this world.
For those types of people we have to give them some lenience.

It's a difficult path to walk once you realise just how this world is being run and it takes time to find inner balance and acceptance. Of course we do have some out n' out trolls (as does any forum) which stomp up and down the boards on here trying to cause upset but they never last long.
I think all each of us can do is remain true to our beliefs, put our thoughts out there with integrity and don't get drawn into negativity.
Likes: (1)
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #20
alohanui
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pineapple country
Posts: 35
Likes: 22 (13 Posts)
Default

No worries. I'm not saying that no misandry goes on. I would remark, though, that I have not seen any threads at all with man-hating titles, nor have I seen any anti-man joke threads. Nor have I seen female posters insulting each other by insinuating the other is behaving in a masculine way. ... I would therefore suggest the problem is disproportionately, emphatically anti-woman, hence my initial post in this thread in the first place.

Next post: How come it's uncool to like Icke?
Likes: (1)
alohanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.