Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Vaccinations / Big Pharma / Bio-Warfare

Old 26-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
disorder2k8
Inactive

Default 'vitamin' D is not a vitamin

a wealth of info from here http://www.grc.com/health/Vitamin-D.htm
(note that the guy seems to offer things for sale too, I'm not endorsing any of those and I am no way related to the site)

Quote:
“Vitamin D” is in quotes here and above because it is not a vitamin at all — in its active form it is the most powerful steroid hormone in our bodies. Though it is surprisingly crucial to both our developmental and ongoing health and well being (as the many clinical studies provided below demonstrate), it is present in it's so-called “active form” in concentrations of only 20 to 50 picograms per liter of human blood (a “picogram” is a trillionth of a gram!)

So just a very tiny bit of this stuff goes a long way!

When human skin is exposed to sufficiently powerful ultraviolet (UV) radiation from sunlight, a form of cholesterol contained in our skin (“7-dehydrocholesterol”) is converted into the precursor of Vitamin D, called “cholecalciferol”. This is then converted by our liver into the inactive bulk storage form of vitamin D that blood tests measure (“25-hydroxyvitamin D”). Although Vitamin D is present in limited amounts in cod liver oil and some fatty fish (salmon, mackerel and tuna), it is essentially unavailable in metabolically useful quantities from dietary sources.

As we age, our skin gradually loses its youthful cholesterol and its ability to synthesize Vitamin D declines over time. Although it has not been widely studied, some reports indicate that by the age of 50, Vitamin D production has fallen to approximately 50% of its original rate, and by the age of 65 production will have fallen to just 25% of its original capability. And independent of age, the skin's melanin pigmentation — either from natural genetic racial coloration or tanning adaptation — acts to absorb much of the sun's visible and ultraviolet radiation. This skin darkening has the beneficial effect of protecting our skin from UV radiation damage, but at the expense of further reducing the skin's rate and capacity for Vitamin D production. (Melanin is 99.9% efficient in absorbing the energy from ultraviolet light, converting it into harmless heat energy.)

“Vitamin D” was misnamed when it was first discovered hundreds of years ago, before we knew where it came from or how it was made. By definition, it is not a “vitamin” because vitamins are not produced endogenously (internally), they must be obtained exogenously (externally) from dietary food sources.

It seems likely that part of the trouble “Vitamin D” has had with capturing
the attention it deserves is due to the fact that, simply by being misnamed a
“vitamin”, it has been lumped in with all of the other vitamins and nutrients,
and thus assumed to be available in sufficient quantity through our diet.

“Vitamin D” isn't even a nutrient! It comes from the sun, not from nutrition.

Vitamin D Science has another problem: Vitamin D is very inexpensive and cannot be patented.

Large and long, many-year double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trials with many participants can easily cost millions of dollars. But since Vitamin D is technically free (just go stand in the sun) or super-inexpensive (about 2.4 cents per day as a dietary supplement), no commercial pharmaceutical company wants to even think about it. Unlike synthetic chemicals to lower cholesterol, control blood sugar, lower high blood pressure or improve sexual performance, no large pharmaceutical company can make money selling vitamin D. And as the studies below demonstrate over and over, maintaining adequate levels of Vitamin D throughout a lifetime is both simple and inexpensive. Prospective study after study shows that Vitamin D is apparently highly effective in preventing many of the health problems that big pharmaceutical firms have invested millions of dollars in developing expensive drugs to cure. This puts such companies in the admittedly awkward position of not being big fans of health.

Vitamin D inexpensively promotes health.

So only University and some hospital affiliated researchers, with comparatively limited budgets, have any interest in exploring the health benefits of Vitamin D. And even when they, again and again, demonstrate surprising benefits from maintaining higher levels of vitamin D ... who's going to market and sell that information? Once again, there's no money in it. So, once again, although all of these professionally prepared reports and studies are freely available for access, download, and printing on the Internet, the general public never knows about is since there's no one running expensive prime-time commercials to sell it.

As you read the studies provided below, I predict that you are going to be
amazed and surprised and perhaps finally skeptical. You're going to wonder “if
this is all true, if this could all be true, why doesn't the public know about it?”

We see expensive commercials every night during prime time for expensive and patented pharmaceuticals that allow older men to urinate more easily and less often, but we never see any similar advertisements mentioning that study after study has shown that simply (and inexpensively) maintaining sufficient levels of Vitamin D can work to prevent rickets (that's well known) but also 17 types of cancer including pancreatic, colon/rectal, stomach, prostate, lung, breast, bladder, uterine, espousal, kidney, ovarian, multiple myeloma, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, and leukemia, lower blood pressure, improve immune system function (prevents colds and flu), autoimmune function, inflammation, multiple sclerosis, autism, allergies, preeclampsia, both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis (also well known) depression, muscle and bone weakness and generalized pain.

Looking at that long list of problems above, you may wonder how something, anything, could possibly cure all of those very different disease conditions. But that's thinking about Vitamin D backwards. Vitamin D doesn't cure anything. NONE of those things are supposed to go wrong in the first place. So Vitamin D simply helps our bodies to work the way they were designed to . . . because our bodies were designed to have much more Vitamin D circulating through them than most indoor-living Westerners do today.

The human race evolved, developed and emerged in sub-Saharan equatorial East Africa where, year round without seasons, we received the sunlight we needed everyday for our skin to manufacture all of the Vitamin D hormone we required from our skin's cholesterol. When we migrated away from the equator, natural selection eliminated most of the melanin pigmentation from our skin in an attempt to compensate for the much weaker levels of UV radiation available for making Vitamin D. But then we went indoors and have been inadvertently starving our bodies of Vitamin D.
and also of interest

Quote:
Vitamin D IS HIGHLY TOXIC when ingested in
extremely high doses daily for many months !!!
Our skin's natural sunlight-driven production of Vitamin D is internally regulated to limit the maximum rate at which Vitamin D can be produced. It has been estimated that approximately 10,000 to 20,000 IU of Vitamin D is generated by 20 to 30 minutes of full body exposure in direct overhead sunlight. Beyond that, continued exposure begins to degrade any additional Vitamin D produced to limit its total daily production. It is, therefore, impossible to overdose on Vitamin D obtained from sunlight, and there is no record that it has ever happened.

But no such limitation exists when high-potency Vitamin D supplements are ingested orally.

Although is quite difficult to overdose on Vitamin D, YOU MUST TREAT IT WITH RESPECT. Its value lies in its power, but you want it to improve and not compromise your health. Follow the labels on supplements, educate yourself about dosages, if at all possible test your blood's Vitamin D level, check with your doctor, and be responsible.

John Jacob Cannell, M.D. and executive director of the Vitamin D Council has this to say about Vitamin D Toxicity.

The Merck Online Medical Manual has the following to say: “Because synthesis of 1,25(OH)2D (the most active metabolite of vitamin D) is tightly regulated, vitamin D toxicity usually occurs only if excessive doses (prescription or megavitamin) are taken. Vitamin D 1000ug (40,000 IU)/day produces toxicity within 1 to 4 months in infants. In adults, taking 1250 ug (50,000 IU)/day for several months can produce toxicity.”
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
disorder2k8
Inactive

Last edited by disorder2k8; 26-08-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #3

I recently watched an episode of Star Trek ("Operation: Annihilate") about brain parasites that could be killed by exposure to intense sunlight. Perhaps they were giving us a hint.
1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
asha loka

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder2k8 View Post
a wealth of info from here http://www.grc.com/health/Vitamin-D.htmIn adults, taking 1250 ug (50,000 IU)/day for several months can produce toxicity.”
Uh, yeah.

And a typical dose you can buy in the high street is 5 to 12.5ug per capsule.

So you'd have to be taking entire jars of the stuff every day to get anywhere near toxic levels.

At that relative dosage level all of the vitamins are toxic.
Old 26-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
cryst4l

So this means we all neeed to get out of the office, house, car and become more active outside!

I wonder why modern day life has got so many people hidden away
cryst4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
hollo

isnt it called riboflavin in some foods?
hollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #7
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder2k8
a wealth of info from here http://www.grc.com/health/Vitamin-D.htm
Wow this guy has everything!!

All these years i only thought he had COMPUTER SECURITY THINGS

SHIELDS UP > http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 (firewall test)

Last edited by Dude111; 26-11-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 02:48 AM   #8
east147

Default Dr Cannell The most damaging advice doctors...

So much info here to rid you of the myths

Dr Cannell The most damaging advice doctors have ever given We need ultraviolet light or vitamin d
east147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #9
limelady
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollo View Post
isnt it called riboflavin in some foods?
No, Riboflavin is one of the B-group vitamins....Vitamin B2 to be precise.

limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
phfaty

Since I started taking Vitamin D daily, I have never had a cold or the flu. This was over 10 years ago. The authorities say high doses can be toxic but I do not believe them. Did any of you ever bother to stop and think that if they can spin "Global Warming" and "Swine Flu Pandemic" they can spin just about anything they want? Remember the recent discovery of the Global Warming emails?

This whole crap about Vitamin D3 in high doses is toxic might be another bullshit propaganda to keep people from being healthy so they can rely on toxic pharmaceutical cures.

http://pohnpeinanmadol.blogspot.com/
phfaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #11
tesla

A new video from Project Camelot on the subject

tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
loopy2222

Just started taking D3 and am feeling good
Old 26-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
trix

Anyone else read about how a doctor treated someone with the mystery illness in Ukraine with 30,000 IU of vitamin d twice a day and they survived?|

I just ordered my Vitamin D, it is on BACKORDER at the company, I can only imagine how many people are clueing in and stocking up!!!

Codex Alimentarius is happening soon.

Big pharma will never let it get out that something so simple and inexpensive could save lives.

Just like how baking soda may cure cancer, such simple remedies would NEVER be researched and studied to prove if it works, they dont WANT it to work. It would be hard for them to get control of all bicarbonate soda known to man and create a monopoly on it, so you will never hear anything about baking soda or any other simple cure, because it doesnt benefit them. They want us sick, they want us buying medicine we dont need. Its a simple truth, I am always SHOCKED by how many people blindly believe that these people have their best interest at heart!

They don't relate to us. They are so far from the regular individual its insane. Think of someone you know who is power hungry. Could you see them going to the top of a multi billion dollar company and not being corrupt and greedy?? Could you see them fighting for human rights and fairness? Of course not. They carefully choose who they promote in these companies, and trust me, bleeding hearts would never make it past the mail room.
trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #14
phfaty

I'm taking 4,000 IU daily but will increase it when the pandemic gets worse.

http://pohnpeinanmadol.blogspot.com/
phfaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #15
tesla

After a lot of shopping around, I just ordered a shedload from iherb.com

I got the Now Foods 5000ui, which I think I'm going to double up to 10000 over the winter period, When my arthritis is at its worst..
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
kweli

Interesting article that fits in with this thread - published in todays (1st Dec) Daily Mail.

How this horrible weather could give you heart disease

We are fond of grumbling about Britain's grey skies, but there may be a good medical reason for doing so. It seems the dreary weather is bad for our hearts - worse, even, than raised cholesterol and an unhealthy diet.

That's the controversial claim being made by Dr David Grimes, a gastroenterologist from Blackburn. He's been gazing at the sky for 20 years for clues about why his patients get more sick than those in the south of the country.

And what he's found turns key assumptions about heart disease on their head. 'It's not diet or cholesterol levels that raise your risk of heart disease,' he claims. 'It's where you live. People in the north are more likely to be ill because they get less sunshine.'

Basically they are suffering from 'latitude' sickness. The link is vitamin D. While we get some from our diet, the main source is the sun - sunlight converts a compound in the skin into vitamin D, so the amount you make is directly related to the amount of sunshine you get.

In a new book Dr Grimes argues the higher the level of vitamin D in your blood, the lower your risk of heart disease and a range of other illnesses.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz0YRxT4TPs

Last edited by kweli; 01-12-2009 at 02:10 PM.
kweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
madgoone
Inactive

Ive got about 1440 softgel capsules 5000ui of d3 by healthy origins with none of that crap magnesium stearate etc you will find in holland and barret just d3 and pure olive oil,already started building up my levels with at least 2 a day
madgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #18
disorder2k8
Inactive

But does it work?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
sofa king

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder2k8 View Post
But does it work?
from what I have read, the most effective supplements are those sourced froma more "natural" source and less about isolated mass produced compounds. So take a fish oil capsule for D and Omega3 as oppsed to a D pill

Homepathic doctors usually have the proper recommendation for this if you have more questions on what to take.
sofa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
neville fan

I take somewhere between 36,000 - 50,000 IU's a day and have had no bad side effects. I have been taking it for several months, and about a couple months ago I went to the doctor to have some blood work done, and all of the test came back normal including liver, thyroid, cholesteral etc.
neville fan is offline   Reply With Quote