Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries > Mythological & Cryptozoology / Channeling / Psychic Abilities / Lucid Dreaming / OBE & Reinc

Old 02-12-2016, 06:35 AM   #1
artmuzz

Default Scopaesthesia - Psychic staring effect

I was reading on the net about Scopaesthesia which is the psychic ability to know when someone is staring at you even when they are behind you out of sight. Every time I have this weird sensation that someone behind me is looking at me and right enough when I turn to look at them they are staring at me. It's quite spooky.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_staring_effect

Last edited by artmuzz; 02-12-2016 at 06:36 AM.
artmuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:57 AM   #2
oz93666

When I was 18 I joined the rosicrucians (AMORC) , just a postal thing , they sent me 'monographs' in the mail each week .... one of the first exercises was to do with this , they suggested if you were sat behind someone in a bus , you stare at the back of their neck , after a while they would always fidget , often turn around.

I think most animals have this sense , to let them know if they're being watched by a predator.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
artmuzz

My dad knew a guy who was in the SAS and Scopaesthesia was used as one of the training techniques taught to the SAS when approaching the enemy. The technique was not to look at the enemy before attacking from behind as the enemy would know that someone is behind them.

Last edited by artmuzz; 02-12-2016 at 08:36 AM.
artmuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #4
TEE_nuh

Very intriguing!
TEE_nuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
I was reading on the net about Scopaesthesia which is the psychic ability to know when someone is staring at you even when they are behind you out of sight. Every time I have this weird sensation that someone behind me is looking at me and right enough when I turn to look at them they are staring at me. It's quite spooky.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_staring_effect
Happens all the time and when I turn around to look at them they look surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyhedron View Post
There are lots of good ideas. Problem is no one does anything.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #6
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
My dad knew a guy who was in the SAS and Scopaesthesia was used as one of the training techniques taught to the SAS when approaching the enemy. The technique was not to look at the enemy before attacking from behind as the enemy would know that someone is behind them.
That is a tough one because while you want to keep an eye focused on the target, you are not supposed to because that will give the signal to them. I don't know if this is the correct way but this is what I do when I have to walk pass a person I don't want to be noticed. Use your peripheral vision so you are not looking directly at them i.e. you are to look far into the horizon straight ahead while you are kind of 'sensing' the enemy who are situated on your side. I'd imagine, you could also imagine yourself elsewhere while you are making approach? I haven't tried this one but it has just popped into my head. Must try it.

Quote:

Last edited by elshaper; 07-09-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #7
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
When I was 18 I joined the rosicrucians (AMORC) , just a postal thing , they sent me 'monographs' in the mail each week .... one of the first exercises was to do with this , they suggested if you were sat behind someone in a bus , you stare at the back of their neck , after a while they would always fidget , often turn around.

I think most animals have this sense , to let them know if they're being watched by a predator.
They do.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #8
garyicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post

well it can't work very well as they still get eaten !
garyicke is offline   Reply With Quote