Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New World Order / Global Government

Old 21-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #61
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 21
IPPR's 2016 Commission on Economic Justice included Frances O'Grady and the RHODES TRUST trustee DOMINIC BARTON who also got a Rhodes Trust scholarship at Oxford University. Barton worked for N.M. ROTHSCHILD bank; MCKINSEY and Co (Global Managing Partner and Managing Director); BROOKINGS INSTITUTION (trustee). Barton represented McKinsey as a founder of the not-for-profit think tank FCLT GLOBAL (Focusing Capital on the Long Term), alongside LARRY FINK representing BLACKROCK (the world's largest asset manager). Fink said in 2018 that BlackRock would only support companies that are 'green' and that make positive, long term, contributions to society.

UBI was discussed in 2018 by the aforementioned BBC Radio presenter Laurie Taylor (father of Matthew) in his "Thinking Allowed" (May 2nd 2018). His guests included UBI promoter STEWART LANSLEY who wants a CITIZENS WEALTH FUND and who said that UBI needs to be adopted gradually, not in one go, e.g. modest payments to 18-25 year olds. Lansley belonged to the pro-UBI pressure group COMPASS who published Lansley's co-authored 2016 report on UBI with backing from the JOSEPH ROWNTREE FOUNDATION. "Thinking Allowed" in the following week discussed the internet and democracy. Amongst the guests was the DEMOS research centre Director JAMIE BARTLETT who wasn't a fan of full UBI, but did suggest a modified UBI in the form of a UTI (UNIVERSAL TRAINING INCOME), because continuous education and training are particularly important in his view. Bartlett proposed his UTI and a Robot tax in his 2018 book "The People Vs Tech".

Bartlett presented a BBC2 documentary in 2017: "Secrets of Silicon Valley"; author of "The Dark Net" (on the dark side of the internet); LSE and Oxford university education; numerous articles in the British mainstream media (e.g. "The Telegraph"). Part 22 below.
Part 22 below.
leighcgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 03:09 PM   #62
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 22
The New Age futurist HAZEL HENDERSON (Club of Rome; Club of Budapest) championed UBI. She joined forces with her fellow Club of Budapest member and prominent New Ager BARBARA MARX HUBBARD to co-author the feminist/New age tome "The Power of Yin: Celebrating Female Consciousness" (2007), also written by New Age leading light JEAN HOUSTON.

JEREMY RIFKIN, the renowned American economic/social theorist, endorsed BIG/UBI. Rifkin was an adviser to several Presidents of the European Commission and to other European Parliament senior figures and to numerous European heads of State (e.g. ANGELA MERKEL). He advised China's leaders; delivered a keynote address at the GLOBAL GREEN SUMMIT (2012), which was supported by the UNEP and the OECD. Rifkin predicted a reduced role for traditional capitalism but the rise of CULTURAL CAPITALISM complemented by increased cooperation and the sharing of resources. He wrote about a SOCIAL WAGE in his "The End Of Work" (1995). To pay for the Social Wage he advocated taxing consumption, not income.

CHARLES MURRAY, the controversial Right Wing American political scientist, proposed UBI in his 2006 book "In Our Hands: A Plan To Replace the Welfare State". Murray belonged to the liberal, free enterprise think tank, the AMERICAN ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE. He co-wrote the controversial bestseller on intelligence and class: "The Bell Curve". Later, Murray wrote that Jewish people were disproportionately high achievers because of their higher-than-average intelligence, concluding that "The Jews are God's chosen people" (article "Jewish Genius" in "Commentary" magazine, April 1st 2007). Murray wasn't Jewish, but his co-author of "The Bell Curve" - RICHARD HERRNSTEIN – was Jewish.

JOSEPH V. KENNEDY – chief economist of the US Dept. of Commerce under President George W. Bush; recommended a BIG in his "Ending Poverty" (2008).

THOMAS PIKETTY- French economist; author of a bestselling book on economic inequality: "Capital In The Twenty-First Century" (2013); educated in France and at the LSE in London. In 2015 he started working alongside the British UBI fan and Labour Party 'shadow' Chancellor John McDonnell (see above) as a member of the Labour Party's ECONOMIC ADVISORY COMMITTEE, but resigned after just 9 months. Piketty returned to the LSE in 2015 as a Professor and researcher. Piketty has not been an out-and-out UBI fan, but seemed in favour of a modified UBI. Part 23 below.
Part 23 below.

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 22-05-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 24-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #63
elshaper

From today's Evening Standard...
Wow, look at this South, North divide.
...and we are talking about basic income.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/r...-a3847921.html
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #64
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
From today's Evening Standard...
Wow, look at this South, North divide.
...and we are talking about basic income.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/r...-a3847921.html
Always been the case! And they are moving poor people from London up north cos the housing benefits don't cover the rents.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #65
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
the snag with UBI is that the only bargainning chip the british people have ever had was their labour

But if they are replaced by machines and foreign workers then they don't even have their labour to bargain with

UBI can be offered to them as a carrot to make them step away from the labour market but once they do that they become what the el-ite bloodlines like to call a 'useless eater'

and then as far as the elite are concerned there's no point in them being around any more....
Exactly! I've been watching a lot of documentaries on UBI and the elite have planned and known about mass unemployment coming since the 1930s! They have been in talks about what to do with the "masses" since then. There were even some shady experiments done in USA where a load of poor people were put into complexes and left to themselves- no need to tell you how that turned out...

The fact is that the elite are not gonna "pay" the populace/plebs for doing nothing, so what will happen will be this- the jobs will gradually get replaced by robots/tech, starting with the blue collar jobs like taxi/bus drivers, cleaners, "customer services" retail, and then onto the "professions" and to the point where the only jobs left will elitist jobs like scientists and robot techs, there will be a transition period where some people will get universal credit/benefits. Then the currency system will transition to cryptocurrencies that only the elite can afford to have ( have you seen the price of just one bitcoin?!) and the benefits will cease when hard currency does, to be replaced by food parcels and rationed electricity/gas.

The poor "masses" will be left in substandard housing, maybe the large numbers of homeless dumped in old warehouses and fences built round them to keep them in. Fast forward to 100 years and the elite will be living in vast estates gated and protected from the plebs left to rot in crumbling cities. There will be no money or no jobs for them! Maybe some plebs will be lucky and able to eke out some food or grow something in any parks left, but the elite will reclaim land once the plebs die off. The elite, in their vast estates, served by robots/androids will not have to "deal with" or even see the plebs/masses- they will be left to it. As for goods- well since the robots work for nowt, the elite will get their luxury goods made for them by the robots for nowt. They will "own" the robots anyway.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 28-05-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 28-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #66
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
If they think we are 'useless eaters' now, wait until we are all living in smart cities spending our UBI on sexbots and the latest firmware upgrades for our brain chips..
They won't bother letting the plebs have that! They want rid of us- a few top level workers in the tech industry might get this but the plebs will be left to rot. They will have no need for them, so they will be left to die off.

Rod Serling.
Old 28-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #67
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
It's all about consumerism in America. All our production jobs were shipped offshore through the NAFTA/GATT agreement. Nothing is made here anymore. Made in China. The only jobs you'll find here are sales and customer service. It's all about selling, consumerism, racking up student loan debt, getting a degree and then finding out the only job available after college is a sales rep job working for the big corporations. UBI is a distraction.
It's just the same in Britain! 0 contract hours cleaning jobs, "marketing " jobs ( meaning go and knock on people's doors for commission only trying to sell them something they don't want), 12 hours a week in a supermarket.

Rod Serling.
Old 28-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #68
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
What is "the commons"? Is that the same as a free market? If so then they are never going to give it back. We will have to TAKE IT BACK. They are never going to say Ok, here ya go, have it back, we don't want it anymore. LOL.

Money does not equate to intelligence. Just look around you at all the dumbass upper, middle and lower middle-class people who bury their head (and their children's heads) in garbage T.V. shows. For example, my sister has a wealthy neighbor that let never played with his dog, barely fed him and never let him inside the house even when the temp outside was 10 degrees. Another time one of my sister's chickens stepped over onto a bit of his land and the wealthy neighbor shot it dead. The idiot still tries to talking to my sister as if nothing ever happened. Money has nothing to do with intelligence.
Agreed- I'm as poor as a church mouse, educated and self educated and jobless ( no employer wants anyone who is 50). There are many intelligent people with educations and nouse I know who are "unemployed." Of course there are stupid people unemployed, and there are some people are as thick as--- with jobs! Look at those princesses of pork- they get given jobs as directors of art galleries that someone like me had never been given the opportunity to do. I bet it is just a title they are given- as if they do anything! I bet they just show up and drink lattes all day and attend bogus "meetings."

Rod Serling.
Old 28-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #69
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotallrightjack View Post
Agreed- I'm as poor as a church mouse, educated and self educated and jobless ( no employer wants anyone who is 50). There are many intelligent people with educations and nouse I know who are "unemployed." Of course there are stupid people unemployed, and there are some people are as thick as--- with jobs! Look at those princesses of pork- they get given jobs as directors of art galleries that someone like me had never been given the opportunity to do. I bet it is just a title they are given- as if they do anything! I bet they just show up and drink lattes all day and attend bogus "meetings."
No employer wants anyone who is 50? You must look 80 or 90 because I've never heard of such a thing. Don't know where you live, but if it's in the US, try Walmart. They're always hiring. It's the young people I would question hiring. Those are ones who always call-in and don't stay in one job for more than 3 months. The older ones are always more reliable.

Ok I saw your avatar and you live in England. Sorry, I don't know what's available there.

Last edited by alisa2; 28-05-2018 at 03:59 PM.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #70
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotallrightjack View Post

Check-in with your INTENTION (desire). Maybe a working for an employer is not what you really want.

Excerpt from the book Winning Through Enlightenment:

"Intention is a phenomenon that happens outside of ordinary awareness, the purpose of which is to determine the course of your life events. One always gets what one intends, regardless of what the mind says about it. Intention is formulated at the level of awareness that transcends the mind. If you are out of touch with that level of awareness, the events that happen to you in life may come as a surprise. You may or may not like what happens to you in life, but either way you will experience it as a victim, and have no sense that you caused it, unless you are aware. If you are aware, on the other hand, you know that you cause the experience of everything that happens in your life. You have the choice to be satisfied and nurtured by the events in your life or victimized and embittered by them. Either way you got the experience you intended to get. "

Intention. Eagerness of desire; closeness of attention; deep thought; vehemence of ardour of mind.
2. Design.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #71
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 23
The centre-left British national newspaper THE GUARDIAN published a mostly enthusiastic online article on UBI in June 2018 as part of the Guardian's CITIES project, sponsored by the Rockefeller Foundation. The article (27th June, by MATTHEW KEEGAN) began with a positive story about a one-legged man benefiting from UBI. The Guardian has other reports sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (for the Guardian's GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT SITE); the SKOLL FOUNDATION (for the Guardian's CLIMATE AND ENVIRONMENTAL REPORTING). The Skoll Foundation was started by the eBAY President JEFF SKOLL.

An influential teacher of the mystical KABBALAH who advocated UBI was the BIEN guest contributor MICHAEL LAITMAN, an ontology Professor who founded a Kabbalistic school in 1990 (BNEI BARUCH). Laitman had been the prime disciple and personal assistant to the Kabbalist Rabbi BARUCH SHALOM ASHLAG, the latter being consulted by the Israeli Prime Minister DAVID BEN GURION. Laitman was interviewed by legendary TV host LARRY KING on the Kabbalah and other topics in 2016.

Laitman links to the highly influential Club of Rome ex-member and Club of Budapest founder, Ervin Laszlo. Firstly, Laszlo praised Laitman for his Kabbalistic writings. Secondly, Laitman was a member of the Club of Budapest spinoff: the WWC (WORLD WISDOM COUNCIL), co-chaired by Laszlo. For more info on the WWC, see the Think Tanks section in my website https://thegreatworkdecoded.com. Laitman was praised by physicists such as FRED ALAN WOLF and JEFFREY SATINOVER. Part 24 below.
Part 24 below

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 05-09-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:50 AM   #72
alisa2

https://www.rt.com/news/437971-basic...campaign=Email

"Switzerland overwhelmingly rejected the idea of a 2,500 francs UBI for all 8 million residents in 2016. Some said they basic income would free people to pursue more production or creative life goals, while critics argued it would cripple the economy and encourage less productivity."
Old 13-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #73
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

part 24

RSA Fellow and LSE Anthropologist JASON HICKEL recommended a UBI in THE GUARDIAN newspaper (regular columnist) and in his book "The Divide" (2017) in which he said that UBI should be funded by either taxing the superrich, or from the 'commons' (e.g. oil revenues) and other indirect taxes, e.g. green taxes and financial taxes. For his book, Hickel was funded by the LEVERHULME TRUST that has close ties to the multinational giant UNILEVER.

Hickel wanted UBI to be applied globally, i.e. a global fund for a global UBI. Thus he highlighted the global UBI campaign group, WORLD BASIC INCOME, whose co-founder PAUL HARNETT worked at the WORLD BANK; IMF; EUROPEAN COMMISSION; UN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME; UN FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANISATION.

Hickel co-founded a global network known as /THE RULES, which campaigns for a more equitable society. The Rules got financial support from George Soros' OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATIONS and from the JOFFE CHARITABLE TRUST (UK), of which the latter's chairman was an ex-World Bank board member MYLES WICKSTEAD. Part 25 below.
Part 25 below.

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 13-09-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 25-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #74
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 25

As mentioned above, the ex-Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg wasn't openly a fan of UBI. The same applied to the Lib Dem Leader in 2018 VINCE CABLE (worked with Tim Harford at Shell) who said that UBI was too simplistic, too standardised. (see his online Q&A for the Lib Dem website, March 10th 2018). Cable was reasonably optimistic about automation, and wanted more Adult education. Later in 2018 (September), Cable proposed a £100 billion SOVEREIGN WEALTH FUND or CITIZENS FUND that could be funded by a tax on the rich and by taxes on the sales of assets, e.g. the UK's stake in the ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND. He said that a wide-ranging reform of taxation would be needed. The Lib Dem Party, he said, would be a home for 'Centrists'.

The ex-senior US politician ROBERT REICH suggested UBI as a possible solution to the rise of automation. Reich served in the Clinton administration as Secretary of Labour and served in President-elect Barack Obama's transition team. Reich – a Rhodes scholar at Oxford University; chairman of COMMON CAUSE, a watchdog group founded by JOHN GARDNER who served under President Lyndon Johnson.

John Gardner worked on a ROCKEFELLER BROTHERS FUND project; CARNEGIE CORPORATION President. Gardner was one of the few non-Rockefeller trustees of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund. The Rockefellers helped finance the creation of COMMON CAUSE.

Robert Reich and UBI fan Tim O'Reilly (see above) both endorsed the pro-UBI book "Raising The Floor" (2016), written by ANDY STERN who had numerous TV appearances (e.g. CNN and FOX) and who helped Barack Obama get elected via a labor union (SEIU) of which Stern was President. Stern – ASPEN INSTITUTE board member; CFR Task Force member. Stern and George Soros have several links: Stern was a board member of Soros' OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATIONS (US Programmes); Stern and Soros (both Democrats) attended the DEMOCRACY ALLIANCE Conference in 2012. Soros co-founded the Democracy Alliance in 2005. It's first Vice-Chairman was Stern's SEIU colleague, the SEIU Secretary-Treasurer ANNA BURGER. Part 26 below.
Part 26 below.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #75
elshaper

Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #76
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 26

A global UBI has been hinted at by the bestselling author YUVAL NOAH HARARI, whose book "Sapiens" was praised by Barack Obama, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. In a more recent book by Harari, "21 Lessons for the 21st Century" (2018), he wrote that, although UBI is a step in the right direction, it needs to transcend local/national UBI schemes. Harari contrasted UBI with UBS (Universal Basic Services). UBI is a capitalist scheme, whereas UBS is a communist dream, he wrote, and both have their good points and bad.

Harari has given TED talks and received much attention in 2018, e.g. a keynote speech at the annual WEF meeting at Davos. He was interviewed online by comedian/activist RUSSELL BRAND and by the actress/activist NATALIE PORTMAN (Star Wars).

Harari got a Rothschild-backed scholarship from the Rothschild's philanthropic foundation in Israel: YAV HANADIV. Harari grew up in Israel as the son of secular Jews. He was a student and History Professor at the HEBREW UNIVERSITY OF JERUSALEM, and also studied at Oxford. Although an atheist and anti-religion, he recommended meditation in his "21st Lessons..."

The MICROSOFT CEO in 2018, SATYA NADELLA, has been reluctant to fully embrace UBI but accepted that it might be needed if automation displaces human labour. He has been mostly optimistic about automation. (See interview in "The Sunday Telegraph", May 29th 2018). Nadella was a STARBUCKS Board member and a UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO Trustee, sitting alongside fellow trustees: the CFR chairman DAVID RUBENSTEIN (co-founder of the CARLYLE GROUP; WEF Board Member; BROOKINGS INSTITUTION Trustee) and the ex-BILDERBERG GROUP Steering Committee member KENNETH JACOBS (Brookings Institution Trustee; LAZARD Chairman/CEO).

Lazard's New York HQ has been at the Rockefeller family's former HQ at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. A Lazard Board Director in 2018 was the CFR President RICHARD HAASS. An ex-CFR chair was DAVID ROCKEFELLER.

Ex-WORLD BANK Chief Economist Larry Summers (see above) praised a pro-UBI book in 2018 despite being opposed to UBI. That book - "Give People More Money" (2018) - was also praised by the influential writer/journalist WALTER ISAACSON, the ASPEN INSTITUTE President/CEO and ex-CNN Chairman/CEO. Isaacson and Summers share a Harvard connection with the author of "Give People More Money": ANNIE LOWREY, whose political stance is roughly centre left. She was a NEW YORK TIMES writer; frequent guest on CNN; MSNBC and NPR.

Lowrey has been a regular contributor to THE ATLANTIC MAGAZINE, which has published a few articles by Isaacson, whose Aspen Institute teamed up with The Atlantic to launch the APEN IDEAS FESTIVAL. The Atlantic published articles by Isaacson's fellow TRILATERAL COMMISSION member, HENRY KISSINGER (another Harvard link), who wrote a The Atlantic article about Artificial Intelligence in 2018. Isaacson wrote an autobiography about Kissinger.

Kissinger attended a speech by major UBI advocate (and BIEN co-founder) Guy Standing at the Bilderberg annual conference in 2016. Also at the speech, said Standing, was IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde and Google head ERIC SCHMIDT (Trilateral Commission).

Isaacson – CFR member; ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION board member; Fellow of Britain's RSA (a UBI supporter. See above); Rhodes Scholar at Oxford; TIME Managing Editor; HARVARD LAMPOON member; chair of a US Government agency under President Barack Obama (BROADCASTING BOARD OF GOVERNORS).

Isaacson in 2016 belonged to a US DEFENSE Advisory Board headed by Google/Alphabet chairman Eric Schmidt. Other board members were Bilderberg attendee and AMAZON founder/CEO Jeff Bezos; Bilderberger and LINKEDIN co-founder Reid Hoffman; NUDGE THEORY proponent CASS SUNSTEIN who served under President Obama as head of the government agency OIRA. At Harvard, Cass Sunstein co-authored a paper on the supposed dangers of conspiracy theories and how to defeat them and their proponents. Part 27 below.
Part 27 below.
Old 19-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #77
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 27

The UN Secretary General in 2018 - ANTONIO GUTERRES – appeared to endorse UBI in a speech at the UN General Assembly: “The very nature of work will change. Governments may have to consider stronger safety nets, and eventually universal basic income.” (September 25th 2018).

Barack Obama gave tentative support to UBI after his Presidency. In 2018 he said that UBI needs to be considered.

THE COUNCIL OF EUROPE (which operates the EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS) gave a tentative thumbs up to UBI in 2018 (Jan 23rd) when it voted in favour of a Resolution concerning basic citizenship income, though the vote was only a marginal victory. Left wingers were mostly in favour of the resolution; Right wingers mostly against, as seen with the UK vote, where Labour Party voters were mostly in favour, while Conservative Party voters were all against.

UBI contrasts with UBS (Universal Basic Services = education, health, transport,etc), as Yuval Harari pointed out (see above). UBS appeared to be the preferred choice of the ex-UN Secretary General special advisor – Jeffrey Sachs, who said that he preferred Scandinavian-style SOCIAL DEMOCRACY (or Social market economy) instead of UBI, i.e. a '3rd way' blend of left and right; capitalism and socialism, which is a Ruling elite goal. Sachs founded and led THE EARTH INSTITUTE (at Columbia University) that researches global sustainability. An Earth Institute Advisory Board member in 2018 was the Barack Obama Presidential campaigner and grandson of the extremely wealthy billionaire WARREN BUFFETT: HOWARD W. BUFFETT, a CFR member and Aspen Institute advisory member.

The Earth Institute's External Advisory Board has included George Soros; Mary Robinson( ex-President of Ireland; United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights; CLUB OF BUDAPEST member; Founder and Executive Director of REALIZING RIGHTS - THE ETHICAL GLOBALIZATION INITIATIVE; ); Harvard Professor Edward O. Wilson; and musician/activist Bono.

Bono co-founded the campaign group ONE, of which board directors have included Howard Buffett's father HOWARD G. BUFFETT; SUSAN BUFFETT (daughter of Warren Buffett); SHERYL SANDBERG (Facebook); Larry Summers (Sandberg's mentor). Part 28 below.
Part 28 below.

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 19-10-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 16-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #78
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 28
The Kabbalist Michael Laitman (see above) wrote a very significant article on the BIEN website in 2018, writing that UBI/BIG "...should join forces with a 'social network' revolution". His hypothetical 'social network' is a New Age network based on his kabbalistic teachings. Each person, he wrote, should ask "How can I best contribute myself to society today?" Laitman wrote about an 'energy' that can fill you: "It is an energy latent in nature which becomes revealed when people come together, regardless of their differences, and act, think and desire in a way that is adapted to nature’s integrality." We get this energy, he wrote, "by aligning ourselves with nature’s constant unifying motion." He advocated more cooperation and less selfish, individualistic, egotism. He provided a link to his kabbalah website, which was an article on interdependence.

Jeffrey Sachs endorsed the pro-UBI book and bestseller "The Rise Of The Robots" (2015), as did UBI fan Lord SKIDELSKY (see above). Written by MARTIN FORD, the book warned that robots and AI could potentially cause mass unemployment. Ford wanted UBI to be funded by a tax on technology (ie. An indirect tax). He wanted education to be linked to UBI. Ford has been much in demand as a commentator/journalist (e.g. Washington Post; New York Times; TED talks). In 2016 he spoke at a White House Chief of Staff debate on robots and AI.

Martin Ford and fellow UBI advocate Andy Stern (see above) were cited as major influences by the pro-UBI American politician ANDREW YANG, who in 2018 announced himself as a Presidential candidate as a Democrat. Yang's 2018 book on UBI: "The War On Normal People", was endorsed by Ford and Arianna Huffington. Yang wrote that UBI should be mainly funded by VAT, an indirect tax new to America but familiar in Europe. He didn't want to tax labour, but did want taxes on carbon, financial transactions and the rich. Yang received from the Obama Presidency the WHITE HOUSE CHAMPION OF CHANGE award in 2012. He and Mark Zuckerberg both attended the prestigious PHILLIPS EXETER ACADEMY, a boarding school.

Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg wooed the ex-British Deputy Prime Minister and ex-Lib Dem leader NICK CLEGG (see above) into joining Facebook in 2018 as head of GLOBAL POLICY AND COMMUNICATIONS ( a lobbying role). A former subordinate of Clegg when he was deputy PM was the pro-UBI politician ADAM BENNETT, who in 2018 suggested that UBI should be adopted by the Lib Dems.

DESMOND TUTU – Nobel Peace Prize winner, human rights activist and former Archbishop in South Africa. He attended the BIEN Congress in 2012 and endorsed UBI. Tutu belonged to the CLUB OF BUDAPEST and was a co-founder of THE ELDERS. For more on The Elders see my article in the Think Tanks Section of my website https://thegreatworkdecoded.com Part 29 below.

Part 29 below.

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 16-11-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 17-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #79
iamawaveofthesea

One major problem is that poor people don't worry about civil liberties

poor people worry about what they are going to eat

so if the NWO can make enough people poor for example through 'austerity' then those people will willingly accept a microchip in order to get food

civil liberties are higher up maslows hierarchy of needs!
I believe the public should have a say in their own fate and that is why i support free speech. Any media talking heads who argue that free speech must be curbed are arguing that the public should not be allowed a say in their own fate
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #80
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 29

The WORLD BANK in 2018 called for more indirect taxation and a "...new social contract", with UBI as a possible option, but said that "A UBI is not an alternative to health, education, or other social services." This view was in their 2019 WORLD DEVELOPMENT report ("The Changing Nature Of Work"), which had a foreword by the World Bank President JIM YONG KIM, who wrote that the report "...calls for a universal, guaranteed minimum level of social protection.". Ideas discussed included "A global 'New Deal'". The indirect taxation suggested included VAT; excise tax; natural resource taxes (e.g. oil and gas).

The Silicon Valley think-tank IFTF (Institute for the Future) promoted an alternative to UBI called UBA (UNIVERSAL BASIC ASSETS), which was defined by the IFTF Executive Director in 2018, MARINA GORBIS, as "...a core, basic set of resources that every person is entitled to, from housing and healthcare to education and financial security". In contrast, UBI is, wrote Gorbis, just the first step to a more equitable society. There is an IFTF working paper on UBA. Gorbis spoke at the 2014 SKOLL WORLD FORUM, as did Richard Branson.

Another pro-UBA IFTF member was the media theorist DOUGLAS RUSHKOFF, who wrote an article on the BIEN website in 2018, criticising UBI as a scam by the Silicon Valley crowd.

For more on IFTF and Rushkoff, see my article in the Think Tanks section of my website https://thegreatworkdecoded.com Part 30 below
Part 30 below

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 29-11-2018 at 03:23 PM.