Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New World Order / Global Government

Old 14-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #21
polyhedron
Premier Subscribers

UBI is basically consumer sensorship. “You don’t qualify for the purchase of this Audi. Go away.”
polyhedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 12:57 AM   #22
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyhedron View Post
UBI is basically consumer sensorship. “You don’t qualify for the purchase of this Audi. Go away.”
You don't have to wait for UBI to find out there is consumer censorship. Low-income folks don't qualify to buy an Audi, unless they have the cash in full.

Unless the price of Audis goes down to meet low income, no UBI recipient will qualify, like most low-income folk don't right now.

Last edited by alisa2; 15-03-2018 at 01:01 AM.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 01:08 AM   #23
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
That's exactly right! All you have to do is look at all the degenerates on welfare where their only occupation is making babies.
And the effects of unemployment on personality and motivation are well known.

As more and more people who are long-term unemployed and possibly less capable in some cases than those who are we risk changing the gene pool, creating many people who would be incapable of being self-supporting. this would only strengthen the idea of the useless eaters, eugenics, licenced reproduction etc. UBI will only further disincentivise those already reluctant to be self supporting. I don't like the idea at all.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #24
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post

As more and more people who are long-term unemployed and possibly less capable in some cases than those who are we risk changing the gene pool, creating many people who would be incapable of being self-supporting. this would only strengthen the idea of the useless eaters, eugenics, licenced reproduction etc. UBI will only further disincentivise those already reluctant to be self supporting. I don't like the idea at all.
So true.

Last edited by alisa2; 15-03-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 16-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #25
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 10

Reid Hoffman and Erik Brynjolfsson (see above) endorsed the pro-UBI book "WTF? What's The Future And Why It's Up To Us" (2017) by the 'oracle of Silicon Valley' TIM O'REILLY, who is credited with popularising the Internet terms "OPEN SOURCE" and "WEB 2.0". Tim O'Reilly started the annual Web 2.0 Summit to discuss the World Wide Web, but it ended in 2011. A list of speakers at those summits reads like a 'who’s who' of IT leading lights and business leaders: Mark Zuckerberg, TIM BERNERS-LEE (World Wide Web creator), Reid Hoffman, ERIC SCHMIDT (GOOGLE Executive chairman), JEFF BEZOS (AMAZON founder), Al Gore, SHERYL SANDBERG ( FACEBOOK COO), Arianna Huffington (an ally of Sandberg), MARC BENIOFF (pro-UBI and SALESFORCE founder), Stewart Butterfield.

O'Reilly married JENNIFER PAHLKA, who helped kickstart the US Government's US DIGITAL SERVICE. She and O'Reilly were amongst the co-founders of CODE FOR AMERICA, whose financial donors have included Google, Microsoft, Reid Hoffman, the Ford Foundation, OMIDYAR NETWORK. The Omidyar Network was started by EBay founder PIERRE OMIDYAR, who is pro-UBI and sponsored a UBI experiment in Kenya, Africa. Part 11 below.
Part 11 below
leighcgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #26
polyhedron
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post

Well, I think that’s what they want isn’t it, a nation of utterly useless eaters, and many people are just that, but the real problem with useless eaters is that they are the ultimate squanderers of opportunity. They are not just useless, but they are a harmful scourge that does everything it can to prevent others from working.

It’s all about stopping people from doing any work. They don’t want you doing any work at all. They make it impossible to do any work. They want everyone to be utterly helpless but at the same time perpetuating helplessness. I see helplessness everywhere. WORK IS VERBOTEN!
Old 18-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #27
fairyprincess

Money for nothing means being reliant on tptb forever and ever.....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #28
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 11

Tim O'Reilly's book "WTF?" was also recommended by Google's Chief Economist HAL VARIAN.

Google co-founder LARRY PAGE supported UBI, as did his personally selected employee the famed futurist and computer scientist RAY KURZWEIL who predicted a trans-humanist future where the human race is more machine than biological man, hooked up to a computer network.

Facebook co-founder CHRIS HUGHES advocated a modified UBI aimed at poorer workers, and funded by the rich and/or a carbon tax. See his 2018 book "Fair Shot: Rethinking Inequality and How We Earn".

Moving towards the 'right wing' (or centre right), the ADAM SMITH INSTITUTE is a leading think tank that promotes the 'free market' and 'neoliberal' thinking. In 2018 it appeared to support UBI by publishing a pro-UBI report by the ex-chairman of BIEN FINLAND: OTTO LEHTO.

Swinging back to the left/centre left, the Fabian Society has always had UBI advocates, e.g. H.G. Wells and George Bernard Shaw. Wells may have been aware of the rise of leisure time, as seen in his novel "The Time Machine" in which the time traveller encounters a human species (The ELOI) who live a lazy, unconcerned, lifestyle.

Wells and his science collaborator JULIAN HUXLEY (brother of ALDOUS and the inaugural UNESCO Director) took an interest in the work of the pro-UBI youth leader and anti-fascist JOHN HARGRAVE, who took an interest in Theosophy. Hargrave met MAJOR CLIFFORD HUGH DOUGLAS who proposed a SOCIAL CREDIT. Hargrave's sci-fi story "The Imitation Man" (1931) is about an android with telepathic powers that link human minds to create a collective global hive mind. Part 12 below.
Part 12 below.

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 19-03-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 19-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #29
decim

UN eye Verse All Bee Sick in Comb.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #30
da2255

Ever since the commons was privatised we should have been entitled to a basic income as compensation for the loss of it.
But not only was the commons privatised we also were required to work for a wage as well, its almost as if they not only had their cake but also got to eat it too.

Last edited by da2255; 20-03-2018 at 12:39 PM.
da2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #31
alisa2

Basic income for everyone is only going to encourage the poor and stupid to have more children.

"I wanted to make a video on why I don't have kids. Now this is an extensive topic so I'll try to cover quite a few things, but I can't cover everything so the first thing I want to say is that for the average person the way things are in the Western current Western society and American society have made it impossible financially for any thinking person to have kids. Why? Because marrying and having kids is a certain financial disaster for any average person. There are two exceptions and those two exceptions are the people who have kids--the first exception is the poor and stupid. Now when people are stupid they don't think about anything at all for the most part. They can't plan ahead, they can't financially manage their affairs therefore those people have kids, because they just don't think about anything—they like to screw. "
Old 21-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #32
alisa2

"UBI" is just another name for government assistance, because that's all it really is: government assistance. It should be called Univeral Government Assistance (UGA).

Last edited by alisa2; 21-03-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #33
da2255

Quote:
Basic income for everyone is only going to encourage the poor and stupid to have more children.

"I wanted to make a video on why I don't have kids. Now this is an extensive topic so I'll try to cover quite a few things, but I can't cover everything so the first thing I want to say is that for the average person the way things are in the Western current Western society and American society have made it impossible financially for any thinking person to have kids. Why? Because marrying and having kids is a certain financial disaster for any average person. There are two exceptions and those two exceptions are the people who have kids--the first exception is the poor and stupid. Now when people are stupid they don't think about anything at all for the most part. They can't plan ahead, they can't financially manage their affairs therefore those people have kids, because they just don't think about anything—they like to screw. "
Either give us back the commons or give us a basic income in lieu of it, that's the choice.
As for stupidity, if people were more wealthy their level of intelligence would improve, because poverty leads to a vicious cycle of poor decision making.

Last edited by da2255; 23-03-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 23-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #34
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 12
Facebook co-founder CHRIS HUGHES advocated a modified UBI aimed at poorer workers, and funded by the rich and/or a carbon tax. See his 2018 book "Fair Shot: Rethinking Inequality and How We Earn", which was recommended by BILL GATES (Microsoft co-founder) and Arianna Huffington.

The Fabian Society in 2017 were sitting on the fence over UBI, e.g. a 2017 report on UBI by the Fabians for the TUC (Trades Union Congress) highlighted pros and cons, so recommended that both sides of the argument need to collaborate to find a solution, e.g. a learning allowance as part of a modified UBI.

UBI leading light Guy Standing participated in a debate on UBI in 2016 for the BBC's weekly podcast "Newshour Extra" (episode "Money For Nothing?"), hosted by the LSE and Oxford educated journalist OWEN BENNETT-JONES, whose brother PETER was a longtime chairman of COMIC RELIEF (Richard Curtis). Also in the debate was the ex-BBC Business Correspondent and BBC Radio presenter LINDA YUEH, who then was more critical of UBI, but in the meantime has become a bit more enthusiastic, as evidenced in 2018 on BBC Radio 3 when she gave a "Free Thinking Lecture" (9th March), saying that UBI should be considered if machines dominated the workplace.

Linda Yueh – LSE researcher; Oxford University economics lecturer and fellow; LBS (London Business School) economics professor; a trustee of the poverty charity, the COUTTS FOUNDATION (an offshoot of Coutts Bank). The Coutts Foundation chairman (also the Bank's chairman) in 2018 was Lord WILLIAM WALDEGRAVE, who worked under VICTOR ROTHSCHILD in PM Ted Heath's CPRS. Waldegrave was briefly engaged to Victor Rothschild's daughter VICTORIA.

Yueh sat on the advisory board of the banking/economic think tank, OMFIF, whose advisory board was chaired by the LSE Professor and LABOUR PARTY chairman Lord MEGHNAD DESAI, Director of the LSE Centre For the Study of Global Governance.

Other OMFIF members included: the ex-RIIA (Chatham House) Chairman CHRISTOPHER TUGENDHAT; the ex-senior British politician Lord DAVID OWEN; the ex-Chancellor of the Exchequer NORMAN LAMONT; the ex-advisor to PM Tony Blair Lord, ANDREW ADONIS; the British politician Baron ROBERT SKIDELSKY. Part 13 below.
Part 13 below.

Last edited by leighcgilbert; 23-03-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 05:12 PM   #35
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by da2255 View Post
Either give us back the commons or give us a basic income in lieu of it, that's the choice.
What is "the commons"? Is that the same as a free market? If so then they are never going to give it back. We will have to TAKE IT BACK. They are never going to say Ok, here ya go, have it back, we don't want it anymore. LOL.

Quote:
As for stupidity, if people were more wealthy their level of intelligence would improve, because poverty leads to a vicious cycle of poor decision making.
Money does not equate to intelligence. Just look around you at all the dumbass upper, middle and lower middle-class people who bury their head (and their children's heads) in garbage T.V. shows. For example, my sister has a wealthy neighbor that let never played with his dog, barely fed him and never let him inside the house even when the temp outside was 10 degrees. Another time one of my sister's chickens stepped over onto a bit of his land and the wealthy neighbor shot it dead. The idiot still tries to talking to my sister as if nothing ever happened. Money has nothing to do with intelligence.

Last edited by alisa2; 24-03-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 26-03-2018, 12:25 AM   #36
polyhedron
Premier Subscribers

Funny how they are happy to offer UBI but not Universal Decent Employment.
Old 26-03-2018, 12:30 AM   #37
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Well, I think that’s what they want isn’t it, a nation of utterly useless eaters, and many people are just that, but the real problem with useless eaters is that they are the ultimate squanderers of opportunity. They are not just useless, but they are a harmful scourge that does everything it can to prevent others from working.

It’s all about stopping people from doing any work. They don’t want you doing any work at all. They make it impossible to do any work. They want everyone to be utterly helpless but at the same time perpetuating helplessness. I see helplessness everywhere. WORK IS VERBOTEN!
And that is why we need to arc up and not allow it to go forward. The trouble is that we have a lot of very dependent people who have lost the belief that they could look after themselves.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #38
da2255

Quote:
What is "the commons"? Is that the same as a free market? If so then they are never going to give it back. We will have to TAKE IT BACK. They are never going to say Ok, here ya go, have it back, we don't want it anymore. LOL.

Money does not equate to intelligence. Just look around you at all the dumbass upper, middle and lower middle-class people who bury their head (and their children's heads) in garbage T.V. shows. For example, my sister has a wealthy neighbor that let never played with his dog, barely fed him and never let him inside the house even when the temp outside was 10 degrees. Another time one of my sister's chickens stepped over onto a bit of his land and the wealthy neighbor shot it dead. The idiot still tries to talking to my sister as if nothing ever happened. Money has nothing to do with intelligence.
The commons is all of the base resources that private individuals or groups believe they have the right to claim to be the exclusive owners of, land being the obvious one.

These resources were free for us to live off at one point in human history, we didn't give them up willingly.

Sure money does not = intelligence, but poverty can definitely take a reasonably intelligent person and wear him down so that his decision making ability gets degraded.
Old 26-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #39
da2255

Quote:
Funny how they are happy to offer UBI but not Universal Decent Employment.
You'd rather have the stress of having to hold down an absolutely mind-numbing job rather than just have the money instead?

My experience of the workplace has been extremely negative, I've had to spend most of the day around people I found to be intensely unlikable, and do mind-numbing high-stress nonsense for low pay, even though I graduated from a Russel Group University.

The sooner the majority of work is automated the better as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by da2255; 26-03-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 26-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #40
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Part 13
The aforementioned OMFIF member Robert Skidelsky (Lord Skidelsky), a well-known British economic historian and political commentator, wrote that "A basic income could be the best way to tackle inequality." (See his "Guardian" article, 23rd June 2016). Skidelsky belonged to 3 different political parties encompassing both sides of the political spectrum: Labour, Conservative, and a co-founder of the SDP (Social Democratic Party) along with the aforementioned OMFIF member DAVID OWEN. Skidelsky's cross party views are indicative of his '3rd Way' politics, as seen in his Chairmanship of the 3rd Way Think Tank, the SOCIAL MARKET FOUNDATION. Skidelsky has written a column for the international media organisation PROJECT SYNDICATE, which has received grants from THE BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION and from George Soros' OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATION. Another Project Syndicate columnist has been the CFR President RICHARD HAASS.

Skidelsky has supported the Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Skidelsky promoted UBI again in an article for another '3rd way' Think Tank: DEMOS, in its' magazine DEMOS QUARTERLY ("The End Of Work?", Dec 8th 2016). Demos co-founder GEOFF MULGAN was a senior Labour Party strategist under PM Tony Blair, where he was Director of the PM's Strategy Unit. Demos collaborated with the Finland version of Demos: DEMOS HELSINKI, which helped kickstart the Finnish government's UBI trial in 2017. Part 14 below.
Part 14 below