Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 28-03-2018, 01:58 AM   #1
mark2015

Default Plastic bottle tax: 22p return scheme to protect oceans

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ns-tide-waste/

Quote:
A tax of up to 22p could be added to plastic bottles to prevent the tide of rubbish flowing into the oceans, under plans announced by Michael Gove on Wednesday.

The Department of Environment is considering implementing a deposit return scheme similar to those which already exist in Denmark, Sweden and Germany.

In Europe consumers pay between 8p and 22p extra, which they get back when they return their bottles.

The plans may involve a network of reverse vending machines, where people could insert their bottles - plastic, glass and metal - and be reimbursed.

Announcing the scheme, Environment Secretary Mr Gove said: “We can be in no doubt that plastic is wreaking havoc on our marine environment – killing dolphins, choking turtles and degrading our most precious habitats.

“It is absolutely vital we act now to tackle this threat and curb the millions of plastic bottles a day that go unrecycled.

“We have already banned harmful microbeads and cut plastic bag use, and now we want to take action on plastic bottles to help clean up our oceans.”
mark2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 02:04 AM   #2
northern star

Great idea.
Drastic action is needed.
One environmental catastrophe that can be changed by this kind of initiative where the individual can make a difference by a change in behaviour
Old 28-03-2018, 02:32 AM   #3
quadrati

Excellent. I'd do that no problem. I currently put all that can be recycled in the proper bin. It's the impulse buy bottles that you might just put in a bin that is the problem. Make it a pound.
quadrati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 02:34 AM   #4
quadrati

Or a fiver and the amount of plastic being bought would reduce drastically. I'd pay £5 extra if i knew I'd get it back.
Old 28-03-2018, 03:16 AM   #5
the nine

YES!
I cant wait to pay even more tax either..hooraay!
Dont manage the waste properly, cut back on council budgets and make waste recycling cost business's a fortune to get rid of their waste, which encourages fly tipping..Big fines for that too
Then when the country and seas are a stinking cess pit, we can tax them to clean it up..kkkkeeeeeerrrrrrrrccccchhhhhiiiinnnnggggggggg

of coarse you will need a bank account to receive money for your 'cash back' recycling..cant give people cash,,how will we know what they are spending on?
Rant over

I wonder what else we can pay more for?
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 04:33 AM   #6
quadrati

[QUOTE=the nine;1063011131]YES!
Dont manage the waste properly, cut back on council budgets and make waste recycling cost business's a fortune to get rid of their waste, which encourages fly tipping..Big fines for that too
Then when the country and seas are a stinking cess pit, we can tax them to clean it up..kkkkeeeeeerrrrrrrrccccchhhhhiiiinnnnggggggggg

of coarse you will need a bank account to receive money for your 'cash back' recycling..cant give people cash,,how will we know what they are spending on?
Rant over

I wonder what else we can pay more for?[/

So whats your alternative.
Old 28-03-2018, 04:48 AM   #7
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrati View Post

So whats your alternative.
in the uk most councils recyc most plastic bottles in any case - they provide a recyc bin for tins, glass and plastics.

So, why are we required to pay for recycling bottles when there is already a working (and paid for) method already in play?

i wouldn't trust Gove one inch tbf - he is part of the Zionist gang.

After watching his address to Jewsih crowd (pre-brexit) where is bigged up Israel, bigged up Zionism and said that he was 'a proud Zionist' and that Israel offered a perfect model of peace for the world to follow, i wouldn't piss on the **** if he were on fire.

Bear in mind that plastic fizzy drinks bottles are being taxed under the 'new' sugar tax rules as well.

So, council tax (a % of which involves recycling), sugar tax, plastic tax. All for the same 'product' of industry.

Incidentally, Tesco's don't even do the 5p plastic bag tax anymore - they have scraped the 5p bags and now 'offer' a 10p bag that you can re-use.

If you shop at Tesco, that is the only option.

Morrison's staff told me that Morrison's will be doing the same thing very soon.

We don't shop at Tesco's anymore because of it. Morrison's is starting to look doubtful.

If you don't like the charges, don't buy those products and stop shopping in those stores who out-charge - simples.

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 28-03-2018 at 04:52 AM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 05:56 AM   #8
decim

Default STOP Making Your Clothes From Man Made Fibre - Stupid Poor People!

How your pile of laundry fills the sea with plastic pollution

Less widely known as a source of microplastic is the breakdown of synthetic fabrics, which forms tiny plastic fibres. Reports now indicate that these are the most common form of microplastic recovered from sediment and water samples. And the vast majority of these are produced during domestic clothes washing.

In the washing machine, abrasion of clothes removes tiny fibres which are too small to be caught by the machine’s filters. This may add up to hundreds of thousands of fibres from a single wash. These fibres are then carried in the waste water into the sewage system, but are far too small to be removed in the treatment plants where other solid materials and pollutants are caught.

As a result, the fibres escape into rivers and then oceans. The fibres which end up in the ocean come from every kind of synthetic garment – from your socks and swimsuits to pullovers and parkas.

P.s. Don't mention all the radioactive particles from Nuclear Bomb tests and ongoing pollution from Nuclear power stations....Shhhhh
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.

Last edited by decim; 28-03-2018 at 05:59 AM. Reason: poty
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #9
elshaper

Good source of income for homeless people who will start picking it up and bring it back to the shop. But 22p?

In Holland, you don't pay to start with but I used to get 5cents (per glass bottle) back if you brought it back to the shop.
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #10
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nine View Post
YES!

Rant over

I wonder what else we can pay more for?
well said nine. There is always an agenda behind it.

Air tax next....if you want to keep on breathing.

I put my plastic bottles in my recycling bin and we are nowhere near the sea...so I don't know how it would end up in the sea though.
I can't remember the last time I visited the seaside and threw away plastic bottles into the ocean either.....

And Mr Gove, while you are at it, can you stop damping nuclear waste into the ocean as well???
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus

Last edited by elshaper; 28-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #11
solowrist

They must have gotten some number cruncher to finger his abacus and discovered that 22p is a nice 'little earner' off the backs of those that don't return their empties. (Kerching!)

How about we take the bottles back ourselves and get the 22p instead? In that way you wont see a discarded plastic bottle for miles. They used to do this back in the day of glass bottles when kids would scour the streets for empty bottles and then take them back to the shop and claim their penny refund.

Struth they'll be taxing beards next. Oops, they already have. Have you seen the price of razor blades?
Old 28-03-2018, 10:50 AM   #12
thermion

First, no one said it was a tax. It's a deposit; those old to enough to remember will know this was paid on glass lemonade bottles from the dawn of time until sometime in the 1970s. It's a deposit - you get it back. If you forget, or can't be bothered, then that's your fault.

You will drop the bottle/can into the machine, it recognises various characteristics and returns your deposit. The problems I see are small shops won't have the space to install the machines. And who pays for them? People who consume the drinks at home won't necessarily feel inclined to take the empties back to a shop when they're just used to chucking them into the home recycling box. Presumably it only applied to drinks and not any other plastic/metal containers. Folks will be pissed off if the returned deposit is not cash, but some voucher than can only be used in the store where they purchased it.

Anyway, it works in other countries so there's no reason why it shouldn't work in the UK.

thermion

Last edited by thermion; 28-03-2018 at 12:22 PM.
thermion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #13
whiterain

A lot of other countries have plastic and metal recycling bins along with the general waste bins in public places, but I don't think i have seen too many in the UK except for maybe London. Anything that will reduce plastic waste is helpful, the sides of the roads in England are shocking in places. It's amazing how little people care sometimes, it's a huge problem but I think it could be sorted with enough commitment to doing the clean up work involved.

I've started a small amount myself by just taking a bag and picker when going out on a walk. It's amazing how much you collect, like bin bags full in just a half hour walk through relatively clean looking parks. Simple to do and really satisfying, especially when you see someone think twice about littering when they see what you are doing! I often hear how hemp plastic can biodegrade, but not sure how much of a useful/cost affective solution this could be.
Old 28-03-2018, 11:07 AM   #14
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermion View Post
First, no one said it was a tax. It's a deposit; those old to enough remember will know this was paid on glass lemonade bottles from the dawn of time until sometime in the 1970s. It's a deposit - you get it back. If you forget, or can't be bothered, then that's your fault.

You will drop the bottle/can into the machine, it recognises various characteristics and returns your deposit. The problems I see are small shops won't have the space to install the machines. And who pays for them? People who consume the drinks at home won't necessarily feel inclined to take the empties back to a shop when they're just used to chucking them into the home recycling box. Presumably it only applied to drinks and not any other plastic/metal containers. Folks will be pissed off it the returned deposit is not cash, but some voucher than can only be used in the store where they purchased it.

Anyway, it works in other countries so there's no reason why it shouldn't work in the UK.

thermion
It works here in Denmark and has for as long as I can remember.
Most shops like netto lidl and bigger supermarkets have machines and you get a receipt and with it you can get cash or buy stuff in the shop. One company just made a machine that can count and recognize hundres of bottles or cans very fast. As in a minute or so

Its a good system and you hardly ever see empty bottles and cans around streets or in nature here. At festivals and the like its possible to make a good amount of money collection bottles. ( I made hundreds of pounds a day like that as a teenager )

So no like thermion says its not a tax because you get your money back
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws

Last edited by eurosianguy; 28-03-2018 at 11:07 AM.
eurosianguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #15
mannybash

Why can't we do what the Swiss do and recycle the bottles even giving people a small amount to return them to the store?
mannybash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #16
rhydra

Everyone should have their own glass bottles that they clean and go to the shop to fill up. Nothing fizzy as fizzy drinks are no good for you. If you want fizzy get a SodaStream.
People used to manage pretty well with rinse and return glass years ago.
Old 28-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #17
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannybash View Post
Why can't we do what the Swiss do and recycle the bottles even giving people a small amount to return them to the store?
That's what the op is about
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
eurosianguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #18
iamawaveofthesea

Some of the G20 countries should make an agreement to carry out a joint naval exercise using adapted boats that can scoop up the pastic from the plastic island in the pacific

Then they could reconvert that plastic back into oil
Old 28-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #19
mark2015

I think this is probably just a revenue raising scam my self.

Last edited by mark2015; 28-03-2018 at 01:45 PM.
mark2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #20
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2015 View Post
I think this probably just a revenue raising scam my self.
a stealth tax