Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
kerrymac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Health stuff the media doesn't tell us

Hi all!

I've just joined this today and as someone who's experimented with the diet-health relationship for years, I've come across a lot of science which I think the media suppresses.

I made this video for all those people who will be trawling the internet for weight loss solutions in the new year. It covers the little known link between chlorophyll and human blood, the even less known about brain loss in humans over the past 20,000 years - and also what to do to regulate health and appetite.

NB - I'm not selling owt, it's just one of those videos people feel compelled to make out of rage at how mad the world is! Be great to hear any comments or criticisms - always good to learn new stuff. Sorry for the swearing too. x


(PS, tried to learn how to embed videos - but I don't think I succeeded - lemme know how it's done and I'll change it!)
kerrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
marcusejc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 654
Likes: 30 (15 Posts)
Default

Welcome to the forum Kerry!

Fantastic video! I've just finished watching the whole thing, and I liked it so much I've actually put it on my website:

http://healthandhappinesstips.com/we...s-shouldnt-be/

By the way, I think you're lovely. Just my kind of woman
marcusejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
kerrymac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Hey man!

Thanks so much for that - this is all excellent news, hehe! I will continue looking round your site - looks great!

x
kerrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
marcusejc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 654
Likes: 30 (15 Posts)
Default

Cool
marcusejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
hobo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,503
Likes: 23 (15 Posts)
Default

Will watch later. Thanks for sharing Kerry.
__________________
"Its good to remember that Buddhisms´ goal is to create Buddhas not Buddhists" - Adyashanti.

"The one who dies before he dies, doesn´t die when he dies."
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
piskavac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 4,682
Likes: 97 (81 Posts)
Default

Thankyou OP for vid.
__________________
Informal governance is more subtle and lasts longer than formal and structured one.
In informal governance, everybody within frame and determination of his knowledge and apprehension; thinks that he works
for himself and his idea.

Beyond that frame and determination he realy works for those who know
and comprehend better.
piskavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
hobo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,503
Likes: 23 (15 Posts)
Default

OK Kerry, I´ve watched your vid now, and I have a few objections.

1) You claim that we cannot taste fat and protein...
well what about umami then. Umami is amongst other things, characterized by the taste of "matured protein", like in certain cheeses and meats.

And the fact that most people instinctively prefer fatty foods, is precisely because fat acts as a catalyst for enhancing flavour. So even if fat itself doesn´t have a distinct taste, it makes food taste better, and richer than low-fat food.

2) Your argument with apes being vegan is not exactly valid. E.g. chimpanzees are known to sometimes kill other animals (even other baby-chimps) and devour them.

Even herbivores like sheep or cows, more or less inadvertantly ingest insects and worms etc. together with the grass. They have also been reported to eat young birds, if they happen to come by a nest on the ground.

3) Your argument with people getting sicker and getting smaller brains, when they started eating meat, is...also flawed IMO. The fact is that hunter-gatherers or in other words; people who ate the paleo-diet: Meat, fish,eggs, fruit, roots, vegetables, nuts etc. these people had excellent health. All the modern illnesses came with agriculture and use of dairy-products.
So meat is not necessarily the culprit.

4) And if we are naturally wired to a fruit-based diet, why is it that many children of vegetarian/ vegan parents demand to have meat? Could it be that they instinctually know that they need meat? (I´m talking about small children 3-5 years old. Not rebellious adolescents.)

5) And Doug Graham...is this the guy you think is looking good? :
http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florid...raham/38451781
__________________
"Its good to remember that Buddhisms´ goal is to create Buddhas not Buddhists" - Adyashanti.

"The one who dies before he dies, doesn´t die when he dies."

Last edited by hobo; 09-01-2013 at 02:02 PM.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
kerrymac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Hey there, thanks for watching.

Well with Umami - I don't know, I'm a bit of a skeptic. I do think we crave salty foods, which I think would have led us to seek out greens but the umami has always struck me as a thing people go to when they miss the taste of meat. i.e. I think it's a cultural thing that one wouldn't have if they weren't brought up eating meat and cheese etc. But that's just an opinion...

I think we seek out fatty foods for the same reason we like the taste of milk - we're designed to get as much of these as we can when they're around. Ideally we'd stop having access to milk after infancy - and in nature, fat would maybe turn up in the form of avocados/ nuts, etc. which would be very scarce in comparison to fruit. I think that exists in us, in case we're not able to get enough fat from greens. The type of fat in raw meat though, really doesn't strike me as appetising at all, although some may disagree. I think processing sometimes manipulates fat to enhance foods, but in nature, we'd favour the plant fats if guided by our appetite.

The thing that most convinced me about the link between meat and modern illnesses was reading The China Study. Then I looked into the anatomy of carnivores and herbivores and could see that we're the latter. Well - more like frugivores. It's things like the quality and length of intestines, the inability to detoxify vitamin A (which carnivores all can do), the teeth, enzymes in our saliva which is designed to break down starches, the fact our bodies can't kill the pathogens in raw meat as carnivorous animals can, and so on.

This kind of thing (Ooh, I notice it's got a lot of dislikes as well as likes1).

But The China Study for me, is really very interesting, as it was a study done to actually PROVE how good meat protein was, hence it wasn't skewed to favour plants. From what I know, chimps appear only to eat meat about once as a year as a tribal 'display' to assert their authority, and stuff a load of greens down with the meat (as though they know it's going to digest badly). And as for the paleo diet, I wonder if they know exactly how much meat humans were eating back then and I do believe the healthiest communities today are the ones eating little or no meat.

I think if kids are demanding meat, it may be because they're lacking something in poorly thought-out vegan diet - and that's just because people aren't well practised in being veggies. If it was a more widespread thing, I think we'd be better able to know exactly what we should be eating. For instance, I'm pretty sure most people don't eat 400g green leaves a day, plus, if everything's always washed, I bet we don't get enough vitamin b12, which originally might have come from insect debris on plants.

Well what interests me about that Doug picture is that it comes from a site SET UP to badmouth the low fat raw vegan community - which I just think is ace! To me, it's proof that they've got people worried, haha! I don't think your average meat eater would care at all if people were turning vegan - this smacks of industry!

That is a crap picture of Doug, though - v true. Here's a more flattering version of him, from his youtube.
kerrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #9
ijcoventry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 146
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Meat is a very strange thing. This might sound a bit long winded as its hard to put into words so apologies for that but the only way is to explain the whole thing, else it kinda seems a bit weird.

I weigh just under 15 stone. As a guy in my late 20's I am overweight for my height of about 5'6-5'7. I have always been hungry, and I want you to remember this as I explain.

I could eat meat all day long, and still be hungry. Im talking an entire kebab, and an hour later I am hungry. When we have the family brunch with the inlaws that we have every so often, I can eat my own weight in sausages, bacon and wotnot. A couple of hours later, guess what? I am hungry. I have always loved veggies but they have always been a side course, never the main. Meat has always been the king. It has always been this way ever since I was a kiddie and my parents are of exactly the same frame of mind.

Now, 6 days ago I saw this:

(I warn you, this isnt for the faint of heart)

http://adaptt.org/life-changing-speech.html

Most of the stuff I already knew, such as the pus in milk etc and choose to ignore it. However the 4 minute movie just after the beginning showing what happens at slaughter houses disgusted me so much and so deeply that I could not put another peice of meat into my mouth. I just could not do it.

I have been 5 days without meat now, and I dont feel hungry. Instead of constantly thinking about what meat dish I'm gonna cook up for us in the evening I dont even think about meals.

My wife and her family think its very weird. Because I have always been like I am and its hard to accept change I guess.

I have always suffered with extremely bad eczema and asthma. Every day of my life has been basically focused around not setting these 2 things off.

Since I have stopped eating meat, my skin has improved dramatically and my asthma well. Its a miracle. Instead of having to take my inhalor several times each day, I have taken it once in 6 days. That was after stupidly inhaling an anti bac spray when cleaning our kitchen. Nothing else in my lifestyle has changed, except giving up the meat and changing my eating habits.

My mind feels clearer; I can think faster and my judgement seems more opaque. I can get up easier in the mornings. I feel the urge to eat fruit and veg, not because I'm hungry but somehow I can feel my body wants these things.

Also; Stress naturally is a part of life. It is part of raising a child and going to work among other things. But I dont feel stressed anymore. Life feels so fluid and more enjoyable. It is hard to explain, but before if something annoyed me I would be annoyed and then get this feeling of annoyance for quite a while after. Felt a bit like white noise? if that makes sense. Since giving up meat, I still get annoyed occasionally but it happens and thats it. Im not entirely sure how to explain this effect so if anyone knows what its called then please speak up.

I have been eating fish, eggs and dairy products still as it feels right for me to do so. My body wants (needs?) to eat them, but I dont eat fish every day. I have dropped a few pounds already however, I dont think the weight is enough of a change to justify the entire change in my health and psyche, it has to be the meat, or rather the absence of it allows my body to explain itself to me.

Anyway enough of the rambling, just thought I would share my experience
ijcoventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20,406
Likes: 1,436 (935 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piskavac
Thankyou OP for vid.
Yes thank you for the vid,ill share it


Welcome to the site!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
adam 7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,858
Likes: 93 (47 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijcoventry View Post
Since I have stopped eating meat, my skin has improved dramatically and my asthma well. Its a miracle. Instead of having to take my inhalor several times each day, I have taken it once in 6 days. That was after stupidly inhaling an anti bac spray when cleaning our kitchen. Nothing else in my lifestyle has changed, except giving up the meat and changing my eating habits.
Nice post. I find this too. I am a mild asthmatic, and improves dramatically if cut down or eliminate animal products from my diet. I have never been overweight, and put that down largely to having a low meat diet.

One think I have also found is reducing the amount of milk drank in cereal or tea and coffee, helps asthma/allergies a lot. Milk produces mucus, and from my experience makes the nose congested and makes asthma worse. But the thing is we are addicted to these foods even when they are bad for us! so it can be difficult to stick to.
adam 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
hobo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,503
Likes: 23 (15 Posts)
Default

All in all, I don´t think there is a standard diet that fits all. Some people thrive on raw food, others cannot digest it etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=rNON5iNf07o
__________________
"Its good to remember that Buddhisms´ goal is to create Buddhas not Buddhists" - Adyashanti.

"The one who dies before he dies, doesn´t die when he dies."
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #13
plam
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,272
Likes: 7 (6 Posts)
Default

Another vegan priestess!

Yawn!
plam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
adam 7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,858
Likes: 93 (47 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
All in all, I don´t think there is a standard diet that fits all. Some people thrive on raw food, others cannot digest it etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=rNON5iNf07o
Interesting vid. Good to get alternative perspective on this issue.
adam 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #15
kerrymac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Yes VERY interesting video! Thanks! I hadn't heard of this book - must totally read it.

My reactions to what she's saying

We have the largest brain and the smallest digestive tract of any of the primates; - agreed - it comes from the fact we ate more fruit than green leaves = more calories, more glucose (what fuels the brain) and less cellulose than other primate diets.

Agriculture is the start of our diseases = agreed - when we grow food, the crops are weaker than wild food because we protect them against the elements. This was also a diet change to processed food - cereals that aren't and probably shouldn't be our natural diet, so probably wouldn't have been as bad if we'd have cultivated lettuce and mangos.

What she says about proteins contradicts the WHO's advice so seems inaccurate to me. The WHO say the proteins supplied by a vegan diet are appropriate for any age of human development, including infancy and pregnancy.

You don't get as many complete proteins in vegetables, but the body doesn't use complete proteins, it makes them up itself out of amino acids. When you eat meat protein, the body first breaks that down into constituent amino acids and then builds it's own. So because plants supply the body with these amines instead, the protein can be made with far less effort - no initial breaking down required.

The fact that she'd use grass as and example actually makes me suspicious. No, we can't digest grass - but grass is not part of a vegan diet. As primates and as modern humans, our correct diet seems to be young tender greens - spinach, lettuce, celery, leaves, it's not grass which has way too much cellulose in it. But that seems sneaky. It's like me saying - we can't eat the liver of a carnivore (which I believe we can't because it contains too much vitamin A) - that's not actually indicative of our ability to digest other meats.

She says you can't get vitamin A from plants - good I'm glad about that - our liver can't detoxify vitamin A! Only the livers of carnivores can. Herbivores ...and humans...get their vitamin A in plant form from beta carotene. That's plentiful in green leaves and orange fruits and vegetables.

I don't know why she says you can't get vitamin E in plants - that's all over the place; avocados, papayas, spinach, kiwi fruit, broccoli. I assume that was a mistake.

Vitamin K2 and D, the body manufactures itself, the latter requires the sun of course.

Agreed- your brain is over 80% fat - but the FUEL for the brain is glucose. Now I'm actually starting to think she knows this is disinformation, I don't believe someone can be this misinformed if she's done that degree of research into this.

What she says about the blood sugar levels with cereal may be right, but fruit sugar doesn't do that to blood sugar levels as it's bound up with fibre and releases slowly into the blood, as you can see from GI charts and so on. She might be right about cereals - but that's misleading. She's arguing about veganism, and using the example of a grain based diet. Veganism isn't a diet, just like omnivorism isn't. The diet are the actual foods you eat - and she's writing off the entire vegan ethos, and using as an example, one poorly informed period in history where we became sick, eating too many grains. (Yes, I know we're still doing it, but I actually think meat is the greater problem in our current diet).

In an experiment that made people go raw vegan for 30 days, they managed to cure most of them of diabetes. Even type 1 - there's a video out there on youtube.

The raw vegan diet has been used and advocated for decades to treat cancer. Cancer just needs calories - doesn't make a difference which you're eating. And we do know that animal proteins are linked to breast cancer, prostate cancer and testicular cancer. As well as heart disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, IBS, etc etc. I mean the list is endless... Oxygenation of the blood (from eating green leaves) and antioxidants (from fruits) fight and prevent cancer. Meat doesn't do that.

So if what she's saying is true - that hunter gatherers weren't sick - then I wonder if it's because even though they ate meat, their diets were still largely plant based. Because the minute humans started eating a lot of meat, all the familiar illnesses turn up, as you can see from the fact that the rich in Ancient Egypt and other historical periods, had cancers and other modern diseases, whilst the poor who couldn't eat much meat, didn't.

I can see how agriculture would totally increase illness, because it would reduce the amount of fruits and vegetables people were eating - and they contain all the vitamins and antioxidants needed to mop up free-radicals and keep the body healthy in numerous other ways.

Then she goes back to equating a grain based commercial diet with veganism. They're not the same thing, luv. Then she goes on about vitamin A again - (liver toxic to humans), vitamin D (comes from the sun) and vitamin K2 (manufactured in intestines)...

Now she's saying the human body can't' absorb vitamins without the presence of fat. There is fat on a low fat 80 10 10 diet - it's just fat in the right amounts and more crucially, the right ratio of omegas 3, 6 and 9, which you definitely can't achieve on a meat based diet.

She's repeating things now, so I'm going to assume, I've covered all the points, but do let me know if there's anything else in here that sounds credible. Basically she's completely completely ill informed and it makes me quite angry that just because she had a poorly planned vegan diet, she's chosen to justify it to herself at the expense of her readers' health.
kerrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #16
little_miss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 741
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Hey!

Thanks for the video and all the info, I cant watch the vid just now but i'll definately watch it later.

All this is alot to take in! I've noticed alot of information about recently regarding the vegan diet/meat causes cancer kind of thing. I'm starting to think there might be some truth here....anyone got any good links?
__________________
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything
little_miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
lu__
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,130
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_miss View Post
Hey!

Thanks for the video and all the info, I cant watch the vid just now but i'll definately watch it later.

All this is alot to take in! I've noticed alot of information about recently regarding the vegan diet/meat causes cancer kind of thing. I'm starting to think there might be some truth here....anyone got any good links?
It's pure propaganda, a fraudster named T Colin Campbell showed a relationship between Casein, which is a protein in dairy, and Cancer, this correlation is real, however, Whey another protein in dairy mitigates the effects of Casein, Campbell then exclaimed that because of this all animal products cause cancer, he seems a smart man and I assume therefore a fraudster, probably with ideological motives, namely Population Reduction/Eugenics

That's only the beginning though.

There are some good criticisms of his fraud online, I would suggest Denise Mingers work, Denise was a Vegan, it royally screwed her up, as it did me.

Her site is here-> http://rawfoodsos.com/the-china-study/

The problem with Veganism is that there are no safe forms of plant protein, they all have either excess PUFA,highly dangerous Prolamines like Gluten, Saponins or other defence mechanism that will destroy the human organism.

Vegetarianism may be reasonably healthy if you can source good quality dairy and eggs and tolerate them well.

If people want to sacrifice their health and the health of their children should they manage to have any, that's their decision, but Veganism in the medium to long is not a healthy diet, I wish it was, you should do some deep digging before you get involved.
__________________
The Ultimate History Lesson: A Weekend with John Taylor Gatto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8
lu__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #18
motleyhoo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,987
Likes: 787 (355 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
So if what she's saying is true - that hunter gatherers weren't sick - then I wonder if it's because even though they ate meat, their diets were still largely plant based. Because the minute humans started eating a lot of meat, all the familiar illnesses turn up, as you can see from the fact that the rich in Ancient Egypt and other historical periods, had cancers and other modern diseases, whilst the poor who couldn't eat much meat, didn't.
There is a huge difference in meat. Hunter gatherers were not eating meat that was raised in feed lots and fed a diet of basically processed waste from other animals and GMO feed, nor was their meat injected full of drugs and steroids. This type of meat is high in triglycerides and trans fats, and is low in omega fatty acids. Grass fed pasture raised animals are completely different. Even natural raised eggs are way different than what comes from the chickens that were kept in cages and fed processed junk designed to make them produce more eggs.

.
__________________
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #19
kerrymac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Regarding Denise Minger (blogger/ 'debunker' of /The China Study)

Regarding T Colin Campbell (author of The China Study - biggest global study of it's kind.)

Interesting to note Campbell actually started the study with the aim of proving meat protein was a positive thing.
kerrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
lu__
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,130
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Regarding Denise Minger (blogger/ 'debunker' of /The China Study)
CHINA STUDY DEBUNKED BY DENISE MINGER?! #315 - YouTube

Regarding T Colin Campbell (author of The China Study - biggest global study of it's kind.)
Animal Protein -- Meat and Dairy -- Cause Cancer - YouTube

Interesting to note Campbell actually started the study with the aim of proving meat protein was a positive thing.
I've no idea what you're getting at with the first video kerrymac, it doesn't address anything, it's just some irritating guy spouting fallacies, the fact that the guy thinks that the china study was "Scientific" really says enough, perhaps he hasn't read it, he makes a whole lot of claims that meant non-vegans would not support, there must be a dozen straw man fallacies in there.

As regards to "X" makes you fat "X" doesn't, I have done very high carb vegan (95% carb) and I have done very low carb (<120g carb per day) (high saturated fat , moderate animal protein) for years in the first instance and months in the second, my weight didn't vary more than a couple of percent.

I'm not going to watch the second video but Campbell did not set out to "prove" anything, not in any Scientific sense as it's a book based on epidemiology, not Science, it couldn't possibly prove anything and Campbell must know this.

You should read The China Study and the criticisms of it.
__________________
The Ultimate History Lesson: A Weekend with John Taylor Gatto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8
lu__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
diet, evolution, health, intelligence, weight

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.