Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #81
none
Inactive

I am looking for a good all round air rifle for small game hunting. I only have £100 to spend so I'm looking for second hand. Do any of you know of any decent second hand rifles out there?
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #82
rixxmixxhell

Yeah. Good idea, you can always look in your local phone directory, like yellow pages etc.....you can't buy them in second hand shops or pawn shops, used too but not anymore.

Also, if you live near countryside, there seems to be more rifles available cheap..

I used to use a shop in north London, Enfield, they sell that stuff, not sure of second hand or used stuff though.

Also in middlesbrough, U.K, i go to a rifle shop to look at gas bow guns....

Google is your friend, it uses you so use it

rick
rixxmixxhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #83
rydeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance View Post
more fascist policy headed our way then, that fascist prick may not have a reason for anybody to own one, why would he? he's just a treacherous politician, but i and many others have many good reasons to own one, so fuck him. I am living my life under common law and not fascist nazi rule.
Well said, I'm sick of the facist-minded 'Lets ban weapons from the common people'. It's just more ways to control ordinary decent citizens.
rydeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #84
rydeon

It might be a good idea to get your a. rifles now before the PTB try and ban every weapon in sight aside from a kitchen knife!
rydeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #85
none
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydeon View Post
It might be a good idea to get your a. rifles now before the PTB try and ban every weapon in sight aside from a kitchen knife!
That's the plan .... I have my first crossbow, next an air rifle, then another bow, then? .... before they are all banned or licenced

Oh and thanks for the reply Rixxmixxhell, I'll get scotads this week and see what i can find there.
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #86
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance View Post
An air rifle in my view is the ultimate hunting tool, they are quiet, accurate and easy to maintain and tune. Here is a list of excellent modern air rifles that can be tuned to near supersonic velocity's, around 1,100 feet per second.

(for other countries outside the USA check your air gun laws)
(To take an air rifle above 12ft lbs in the u.k is an offence without a f.a.c)

The air rifles on the list are not cheap to buy.

Theoben rapid 7 (mk 1)

A very easy weapon to maintain and tune.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...5032008196.jpg

Weihrauch hw 100 mk 1. a very very nice airrifle when tuned.

Air arms s410 (mk 1) a very nice bit of kit.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40180

webley FX2000.

Tuning kits.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~trobb/page2.html
i own a daystate harrier x .177 with a harwood thum hole stock.
i also have a wierach hw 97k .22 and a few other guns on a f.a.c
i agree the airgun is the ultimate hunting tool for small animals, (rabbits, squirells ect) you need good understanding a field craft to hunt with one as you are in close proximity with your quarry. its a good way to get tasty free food and rabbits are a top bartering tool.
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

if you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough

Last edited by hunter77; 07-02-2009 at 11:55 AM.
hunter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #87
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
I am looking for a good all round air rifle for small game hunting. I only have £100 to spend so I'm looking for second hand. Do any of you know of any decent second hand rifles out there?
most gun shops sell second hand guns, as alot of people trade them in when they buy a new one. make sure you get one your comfortable with as when you carring them around. you dont need an expensive scope 4x (magnification) will cover most rabbit work. weirach make good reliable guns and can be picked up at a resonable price second hand.
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

Old 07-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #88
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezinreezin View Post
I'm thinking about getting an air rifle as a survival tool. The thing is, what type of rifle is better if parts, gas, co2 etc, no longer become available? Would it come down to a PCP and springer? If so what are the pros and cons of both?
a springer would be easier to maintain, especially if everything went tits up and you couldnt get hold of compressed air. springers are more difficult to shoot though becase of the spings recoil. but get a spare sping and some spare o rings it would last you years