Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 06-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #47761
tangodeltafoxtrot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffle View Post
What if this threatening the establishment with the public wrath is a zionist conspiracy similar to operation ore that got us into invading iraq,only this time it could lead to nuclear war and they have the option of being safe in the bunkers or imprisoned by the public.
Are you for real?
tangodeltafoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:46 AM   #47762
emmerdale

Quote:
Certainly, Savile was among those invited to Princess Diana's funeral at Westminster Abbey in 1997, and since the guest list for that event was drawn from Diana's Christmas Card list, they must have been friends - whether she ever heeded his counsel.

It's a fascinating, unlikely association, and seems to have come about after Savile met Prince Charles through charity work, and basically charmed his way into the Prince's favour.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2K4yUBGWF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
So were Saville and Diana friends? or was she disgusted by him?
emmerdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #47763
peridot54

Quote:
What if this threatening the establishment with the public wrath is a zionist conspiracy similar to operation ore that got us into invading iraq,only this time it could lead to nuclear war and they have the option of being safe in the bunkers or imprisoned by the public.
Oh they'd definitely choose the bunker with their stock of food, water, boys......
peridot54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #47764
shuffle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodeltafoxtrot View Post
Are you for real?
Well this info has been out there for decades and the worlds on the edge right now id say,wouldnt you think it might be a tipping point? At the start of the thread we had long time posters warning of what was behind this.
shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #47765
oonalu

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=U...CFQQ6AEwBziQAw
Old 06-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #47766
peridot54

Quote:
Well this info has been out there for decades and the worlds on the edge right now id say,wouldnt you think it might be a tipping point? At the start of the thread we had long time posters warning of what was behind this.
Maybe I'm a fool but I actually feel positive for some reason. It feels like too much is out now and it can't be put back in again. Savile has been the catalyst but times are changing I feel.
peridot54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #47767
moran73

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridot54 View Post
Maybe I'm a fool but I actually feel positive for some reason. It feels like too much is out now and it can't be put back in again. Savile has been the catalyst but times are changing I feel.
I agree. And i think mccanns court case against tony bennett will be their downfall. The msm are being lead by threads like this and they know that anymore ass kissing of the mcanns wont be stood for and will hopefully open the floodgates.

I feel with savile and mcanns the elite are fighting a 2pronged attack from truthseekers.

While they desperately try to bury/remove internet evidence & try to tackle every new strand discovered on here up pops the mccann libel trial.

Get ready for distraction/shills/misdirection aplenty.
moran73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #47768
trafficker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowdowntherabbithole View Post
yeah, I found all those articles the other day ! very interesting especially the bit about the specially built place known as 'The Chamber', and also interesting to read the many comments on each article.

It's difficult to assimilate all the info tho' into a cohesive post, particularly as there seems to be as many comments that are very very 'anti', the article(s), and going all out to disprove the allegations, as there ones that put forward more interesting bits of extra information.

Basically, there are a lot of people up in Scarborough and Whitby, who know an awful lot more than they are letting on even now, and a very dodgy Police Force !

If anyone wants to follow the above link, then it is important to read ALL the related articles ! and their respective comments.
found this, if it is of any help.....

Quote:
SAVILE – and other Party-Animals

An ‘In My View’ follow-up article, continuing the Real Whitby investigation into the local activities of Jimmy Savile:

“Did North Yorks Police ‘fix it’ for Jim?”

“Savile: North Yorks Police/Council Cover-Up?”

IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST

The inner workings of the Town Hall in Scarborough often appear turgid and dull to the casual observer. However, careful scrutiny over a period of time is sometimes rewarded by the gradual emergence of hitherto unsuspected links.

Take, for example, the tip-off I received via FaceBook back in September 2010, reporting on a range if wrongdoings, including the alleged existence of a Class-A substance-abuse culture amongst management personnel at Scarborough Borough Council (SBC):

“I ve seen team leaders snort cocaine off their dashboards then set off driving. It’s a disgusting organization!”
. . . and this from someone identifying himself as a former SBC employee – a claim that proved easy to verify, since the writer and I share mutual Friends on FaceBook.

I raised the matter immediately with SBC Chief Executive Officer Jim DILLON in an email dated 12th September 2010.

Ten days later, I received a response from the then Head of Legal & Support Serrvices Ian Anderson, who told me: “As I believe you will appreciate this information is inadequate to be treated as a whistleblowing allegation”.

Stone-walled – but no denial. So I immediately responded by sending an FOIA request for, amongst other information, the full gamut of internal SBC documentation relating to drug-abuse within SBC, including any reports passed to the North Yorkshire Police. My FOIA was formally acknowledged the following day – and that (wouldn’t you know it?) is the last official word that I have ever succeeded in extracting from SBC on the subject of cocaine-usage by Council personnel. Once again, stone-walled – and still no denial.

I did message SBC and NYCC Councillor Bill CHATT (who featured prominently in a recent Tim Hicks article here on Real Whitby), asking if he could shed any light on the subject, and attaching a ‘screen-shot’ of the above FaceBook posting. He could not. But on 30th November 2010, he did send me a message that I could only interpret as a ‘warning off’. So I asked him for clarification and he came back, the following day, with this (SPG properties retained):

“in simple terms stop stirring the shit,you will become untouchable. if you are not already?”
For a Council that professes to take such a pride in its ‘openness and transparency’, SBC certainly does seem to have its share of dark secrets. But let me leave that ‘thread’ dangling for a moment; we will pick it up in due course . . .

I clearly remember (ten years ago) a well-lubricated dinner guest of mine (a long-serving Scarborough Borough Councillor) telling us that the Police turned a blind eye to many goings-on in Whitby. She spoke of fellow Councillors and senior Council and Police Officers engaging in ‘spin-the-bottle’ parties at Sandsend, and of naked ‘rituals’ at the old alum excavations behind the cliffs near Kettleness – and at some standing-stones on the moors – throughout the ‘seventies, ‘eighties and ‘nineties, by which time the intoxicant of choice had graduated from alcohol and/or marijuana to cocaine and/or amphetamines, and the preferred activities had taken on a more sinister character. She clammed up when encouraged to elaborate. At the time, I dismissed all that as chit-chat, straight out of the bottle. Now, I am not quite so sure . . .

In March 2010, an acquaintance of mine in Scarborough found a hand-delivered unaddressed envelope in his post-box. The envelope contained a photocopy of a letter purportedly sent to Diane Clarke, the Field Director of the Yorkshire Conservatives. The letter (scan reproduced below, in redacted form) refers, by name, to a prominent North Yorkshire career politician, alleging the use of sexual impropriety “to secure influential positions”.

My acquaintance scanned it and passed the original to the Scarborough News, from whence it has never re-emerged. The Scarborough News and the Whitby Gazette, be it remembered, do not practice investigative journalism, avoid all controversy and print only Council press releases on issues as ‘sensitive’ as this:

Shortly afterwards, a man in his fifties came into my acquaintance’s shop, asking if there would be any interest in photos of a ‘satanic ritual’ taking place at some standing-stones up on the moors, involving high-profile local dignitaries and officials, for publication on the web. My acquaintance, of course, expressed an interest, with the caveat that digital images would be more convenient. The stranger suggested that it could probably be arranged and that he would return in a few days. He never did.

We will let that ‘thread’ dangle for a moment, too . . .

Further to the allegations regarding the Savile connection to the ‘chamber’ in Whitby, with its sado-masochistic bondage and ritualistic paraphernalia reported in last Monday’s article (to which I am now hearing the name of a very senior local political figure and former MP being included), I have now interviewed a newspaper photographer who confirms that, back in the ‘eighties, he and a fellow journalist (on receipt of a tip-off from a member of the clergy in the Pickering area, to the effect that certain high-profile people would be performing a ‘naked satanic ritual’) staked out a site on the edge of the moors, to the north-west of Scarborough.

Equipped with camera and infra-red film, they scooped pictures of the said ‘naked satanic ritual’ and presented an explosive illustrated story to their editor at the local paper, who, having at first waxed highly enthusiastic, quickly performed a volte face and ‘buried’ it – because (they were told) of the ‘political sensitivity’ of some of the participants . . .

given the now widespread allegations against Jimmy Savile of sexual abuse, rape, beatings and necrophilia, his basement ‘dungeon’ in Leeds, the ‘chamber’ in Whitby (with it’s whipping-post), the allegations of sex-and-drugs sessions and the al fresco ‘satanic rituals’ on the edge of the moors – to say nothing of the on-going investigations by six Police Forces over a period of fifty years, it is extremely difficult to believe that North Yorkshire Police in the Scarborough/Whitby area could conceivably have been “unaware” (how often we hear that) of the existence and activities of the Savile set – ‘The Club’ – and its central position in much of the foregoing. Or its high-profile membership.

That the Savile set – ‘The Club’ – was widely believed to be central to these depravities is clear – yet we are expected to believe that the Authorities knew nothing of all this.

As I stated in my third attempt to elicit a comment from SBC Leader Councillor Tom FOX, a few days ago:

“It stretches all credulity beyond the breaking-point to suggest that a complete information black-out could have existed with respect to Savile’s extended periods of residence in Scarborough.”

The suspicion that Savile was far-sighted enough to implicate, and thereby incriminate (through the implied – or applied – threat of blackmail), influential holders of public office in his activities has been raised at the BBC, in Leeds, in Manchester, at Broadmoor, at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, at Glencoe, at Haut de la Garenne, and (perhaps most shockingly) at Bryn Estyn, near Wrexham in North Wales – where, according to some blogs, young people died in the course of these horrific abuses.

Noteworthy is the fact that Savile-biographer Dan Davies has reported that Savile is also alleged (by fellow DJ Tony Calder) to have routinely kept Chief Police Officers on-side, to ‘cover his back’ – ie protect himself from arrest.

It is for Operation Yewtree and the anticipated Public Inquiry to determine the truth (or otherwise) of the huge roster of allegations against Savile. But the preponderance of probability is persuasive enough for most objective observers; Savile almost certainly did bring his perversion with him to Whitby and Scarborough – where, according to today’s papers, “victims have told detectives Savile masterminded a gang of pervs from his luxury flat” – a luxury flat, by the way, that Scarborough & Whitby’s Robert GOODWILL MP (Con.) was reportedly ‘stunned’ to learn had yet to be searched by the North Yorkshire Police.

That “gang of pervs”, needless to say, was known locally as ‘The Club’, and there is little doubt that it included amongst its members xxx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx, as well as other prominent and influential local ‘dignitaries’.

Meanwhile, we are expected to believe that SBC Leader Councillor Tom FOX, having completed his long career with the North Yorkshire Police (concluding as Acting Chief Inspector – the man in charge), knew nothing of all this and actively supported the bestowal of lavish civic honours upon Savile – he was “unaware” – another manifestation of the culture of concealment at SBC.

So who now, in the Local Authorities, will evince the courage and integrity to come forward in public and say, “Yes. The rumours were rife. I knew there was a risk of something terrible happening, and I was wrong to remain silent for so long”.

One might have hoped that that person would be SBC Leader Councillor Tom FOX, whose positions of privilege within both the North Yorkshire Police and Scarborough Borough Council, over a total of four decades, identify him as exceptionally well-placed to make such a statement.

So I ask him the question for the fourth time:

“Would the Leader confirm or deny that, as a former ranking Police Officer in Scarborough, and as long-serving leading Councillor since that time, he was aware that elements within the Authorities were cognisant of concerns of the gravest nature in respect of the activities of Sir Jimmy Savile, yet nevertheless played a leading rôle in the lavish civic honours bestowed upon a man now widely reviled as the worst and most degenerate sexual predator in the Borough’s history?”

I think we should be told. It is commendable that, at Councillor Tom FOX’s own urgent behest, SBC has now removed Savile‘s name from its “Roll of Honorary Freemen of the Borough”.

What remains to be answered is how it ever came to be there in the first place.

And I leave you with another alarming thought:

If such monstrous crimes as these could remain hidden, how much ‘transparency’ can we expect about more prosaic matters – planning consents, allowances, procurement and the like?

You decide.

escargot1
Total posts: 17331

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/vi...8befdaa0a6b9e8

this picture popped up in my head last night, on the mention of chamber
trafficker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #47769
trafficker
Banned

Jimmy Savile invited guests to royal party on Prince Charles's behalf

Prince Charles enlisted Jimmy Savile as a royal party organiser and asked him to invite guests to Kensington Palace on his behalf, it has emerged.

Savile invited a group of television producers involved in an ITV telethon in 1988 to a cocktail party at the palace. He was not involved with the telethon, of which Prince Charles was patron, and did not attend the party.

Paul Stewart Laing, a former director of programmes at Television South West, who took one of Savile's calls, said several of his colleagues were contacted and many thought it was "weird" that the star was involved in organising royal engagements.

"He was phoning to invite the producers, one from each station, to go to a cocktail party in Kensington Palace," Laing said. "He said he was phoning from the prince's office on behalf of Prince Charles. He said he had been asked to organise a get-together as Prince Charles was so pleased with the telethon he wanted to say thank you."

Savile's role, apparently at the heart of Charles's household, was confirmed by a spokesman for the prince. It will increase scrutiny of the heir's dealings with the now disgraced TV star. Savile heavily publicised his closeness to the royals, giving the impression, some observers believe, of approval from the highest stratum of British society that may have helped him to hide his criminal activity "in plain sight".

It also emerged that a detective involved in the Yorkshire Ripper murder case interviewed Savile after the Leeds-based TV presenter was identified as a possible suspect in an anonymous tipoff. John Stainthorpe, formerly of West Yorkshire police, said the person who reported Savile was "aiming in the right direction", adding: "Child perverts soon become child killers."

A force spokesman said: "As with thousands of other men in Leeds at the time, he may at some time have been approached by detectives on the investigation."

Clarence House said there was nothing unusual about Savile organising a royal party. "When the prince is patron of an event we often ask people prominent within the relevant industry (in this case, television) to help us organise a reception to thank those who helped make the event such a success," the prince's spokesman said.

Clarence House has declined to comment on the scandal surrounding Charles's former friend and has said the relationship was primarily a result of their "shared interest in supporting disability charities".

But the connections appear to go beyond that. At the weekend it was reported that Charles asked Savile for advice over the appointment of a senior aide for him and Princess Diana. They were said to have met Sir Christopher Airy before he was offered the post of the royal couple's private secretary and treasurer in 1990.

Last week a former senior royal aide said Savile's behaviour when he visited Charles's official home at St James's Palace was a cause for "concern and suspicion". Dicky Arbiter, spokesman for the Queen between 1988 and 2000, said Savile used to rub his lips up the arms of Charles's young female assistants as a greeting.

In 1999 Charles accepted an invitation to a private meal at Savile's Glencoe home, which last week was daubed with graffiti reading "Jimmy the beast". Savile asked three local women to dress up in pinafores emblazoned with the letters HRH and Charles subsequently sent the television presenter a Christmas card with the note: "Jimmy, with affectionate greetings from Charles. Give my love to your ladies in Scotland."

Charles reportedly sent him a box of cigars and a pair of gold cufflinks on his 80th birthday with a note that read: "Nobody will ever know what you have done for this country Jimmy. This is to go some way in thanking you for that."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...prince-charles
Old 06-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #47770
margery_bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
Whitby >> News >> Savile: Scarborough/Leeds/Manchester inter-connections

Savile: Scarborough/Leeds/Manchester inter-connections
Recent Comments - Whats Popular - Whitby Potash - Facebook

second of three short Savile investigation up-date bulletins by Tim Hicks

Savile was born in Leeds and worked in West Yorkshire as a miner. He moved to Manchester in the mid-1950’s, staying there until about 1966 or 1967, running dance halls in Leeds, Wakefield and Manchester. He spent a lot of time with his mother Agnes, who had moved to Scarborough, living there with her until her death in 1972.

He had a series of mobile homes and camper vans from the 1960’s onwards, which are also alleged to have been associated with offences committed at many locations.

He maintained her flat on the Esplanade, Scarborough for the rest of his life and bought a flat at Roundhay Park Leeds in the late1970’s. He also said he had a caravan in Scarborough for some time where he took girls, although this may have been a reference to one of his mobile homes. He visited Whitby occasionally when he was in Scarborough.

His first known victim was assaulted in 1955, his last on the train between Leeds and London in 2009. For a more detailed biography see here,

and here.

The Scarborough/Leeds connection
Savile had a very close association with Leeds for all of his life and was associated with the following places in West Yorkshire, at one time or another:

•His Flat at Roundhay Park.
•The Leeds General Infirmary where he worked as a voluntary porter from 1966 onwards and abused the patients. He met his close friend Alan Franey who was a member of the management team there and Mr Franey subsequently became a member of the management team at Broadmoor, on Savile’s recommendation.
•St James Teaching Hospital, where he abused patients
•Wheatfield Hospice, where he abused patients
•Dewsbury Hospital, where he abused patients
•High Royds Psychiatric Hospital, where he abused patients
•The Otley Sailing Club, Scout Group and Cycling Club, as well as other locations there. He was very closely associated with Otley since running dances there in 1943 and regularly switched on the Christmas lights there as an official guest.
He was a man who thought about abusing children every “waking minute of the day” and so it must be a concern that he may have committed offences at some or all of the above locations. Given the understandable reluctance of some of his victims to come forward, many of his victims and the locations of his crimes will probably remain unknown.

However, one set of offences is very well documented and that is the 1966 Otley Council Ball, where Saville alleged the Chairman of the Council procured six girls to sleep with Savile and a millionaire friend of his.

Savile went on to claim that a Council neighbouring Otley entered into a similar agreement to procure six girls to sleep with Savile in 1967, but which had to be called off because of the Foot and Mouth outbreak.

From the above description, it appears that the girls concerned were under age and probably vulnerable to being enticed by Savile’s media status, popularity and guile. In this context, Savile was witnessed taking a young girl he obtained from a local carnival to his room by a member of the staff at Broadmoor, and his charity work gave him constant access to these events. So it seems to be a credible allegation supported by witnesses and not denied at the time. Leeds City Council (the successor to Otley Urban Distric Council) commented to Real Whitby:

“We’re as shocked and horrified as the rest of the country by the allegations against Jimmy Savile. Previous tributes by the people of Leeds and the city were undertaken in good faith based on what we knew of him at that time. Given the seriousness of the allegations we have removed his name from the civic honours wall of the Civic Hall. Our thoughts are with all those who suffered any form of abuse and continue to suffer distress as a result of his actions.”

The identity of the mystery Chairman of the Council that entered into this despicable arrangement and ferried underage girls around in an official car to spend the night with Britain’s most prolific paedophile has not yet been revealed. However, concerning the millionaire accomplice, Savile had a very small circle of close friends and so far as we are aware, only two of them – Scarborough businessmen Mr Jimmy Corrigan and Mr Peter Jaconelli – are described as millionaires.

Jaconelli made his money from ice-cream parlours in Scarborough, was elected first Councillor, then Mayor, and died in 1999.

Jimmy Corrigan was “the Leeds-born millionaire regarded as much a part of Scarborough as the donkeys and the rock, died just weeks after discovering he was suffering from cancer in 2000. The flamboyant showman and ‘slot machine king’ was a teetotal fitness fanatic and running partner of the resort’s other famous Jimmy, Sir Jimmy Savile.”
Given that Jaconelli’s preference was for boys, the inevitable conclusion is that he was not the millionaire in question.

It is clearly incredible that a Council Chairman could procure six young girls to stay the night with two grown men after a dance, ferry them around in an official car and arouse no suspicion.

For some time investigative journalist Neil Wilby has been alleging that paedophile Officers in West Yorkshire Police have been protected from prosecution.

A Police Officer, Inspector Mick Starkey, acted as Savile’s bodyguard and chauffeur, nine retired/serving Officers met with him every Friday for tea, cakes and (according to one member) whisky in his flat at Roundhay Park, Leeds, and a retired Police Officer was present as a ‘minder’ when he was interviewed by a journalist.

Another Police Officer, “Inspector 5”, arranged for Savile to be interviewed by Police at Stoke Mandeville Hospital instead of at a Police station, thereby making it easier for Savile to manipulate the interview.

According to Savile, “blackmail” letters were ripped up by these Officers during these meetings.

If this is so, then it is a very serious act of misconduct. Given the nature of Savile, it appears that these letters may have been making allegations that were in fact valid, in which case the Officers concerned had a duty to investigate the allegations instead of destroying evidence at the request of Savile. Alternatively, if they were false allegations made for the purpose of blackmail, they had a duty to preserve them as evidence and arrest the originators of them.

Apart from Starkey and Wetherby Police Sergeant Matthew Appleyard, we do not know who the other seven Officers were, or which Forces they were from, because both the Chief Constables of West Yorkshire Police and North Yorkshire Police are refusing to confirm this.

In stark contrast, the British Transport Police have very openly and helpfully confirmed that none of their Officers were involved.

The Manchester/Scarborough connection
One of Savile’s close friends was Mr Ray Teret (spellings vary), who shared a flat with Savile and was also his chauffeur in Manchester.

Savile has been accused of committing offences in Manchester in 1966.

We have confirmed with a reliable source on Savile, that Teret visited Scarborough and stayed with Jimmy Savile and his mother Mrs Agnes Savile (who died in 1972) on occasion, but it appears did not spend a lot of time there.

Bournemouth
Savile had a flat at Eastcliff, Bournemouth, from 1972 until his death. It has been suggested that Peter Jaconelli had a conviction for an offence committed in Bournemouth, but this has proven impossible to verify, nor can we ascertain if Jaconelli stayed at Savile’s flat in Bournemouth.

Interestingly, an allegation has been posted in the comments column of my last article concerning offences which may have taken place in Bournemouth at this flat.

Summary
Savile travelled widely, lived at up to five different locations at any one time, and moved frequently between them, committing offences at multiple locations.

The appearance of Scarborough businessman Corrigan in Leeds, and Manchester-based DJ Teret in Scarborough, does indicate the possibility that members of Savile’s entourage also did not confine themselves to their local area and in fact were also much more mobile than we had at first realised.

In next week’s final article on Savile, we will be developing this theme and focusing on the interactions between Savile’s Scarborough “Team” and the BBC.

http://www.real-whitby.co.uk/
I wondered if anyone has contacted these people and directed them to this thread?
margery_bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #47771
trafficker
Banned

Sympathy for the Devil? (title says it all, my answer ermmm NO)

Angela Neustatter
The Observer, Sunday 20 October 2002

Charles winces when he recalls the bullying his physical appearance brought from girls when he was at school - the things they said about his pale fleshy body, his painful shyness. Now 27, his voice is hesitant, and his dark sunken eyes seem to beg for approval. Not that he expects it. He knows that after trading on the internet in images of children being sexually abused, the label paedophile put him beyond public acceptance.

Since coming out of prison he has lived in fear of the lynch mob: 'Every time I walk down the street or go to buy food, I wonder if the person coming towards me is going to attack me. Or I expect a petrol bomb through my door.'

This is unlikely to elicit sympathy at a time when it seems the paedophile threat grows ever greater, fuelled by a series of high profile murder and abuse cases. And the facts are indeed alarming. One in six children will be sexually abused in his or her life, some 80 per cent by people they know, figures brought sharply into focus last week with publication of a report by the inspectorates of eight children's services, showing how they are failing to protect children.

There are many more horrifying statistics. Recent findings from Huddersfield University show that one in five children has been the subject of unwanted sexual advances outside the home. Home Office figures last year showed that of 37,300 sex crimes recorded by police in England and Wales seven per cent involved children. And there are more than 18,000 people on the Sex Offenders Register (although that includes offences against adults).

But if this at least makes the risk seem calculable, the sinister threat of an increasingly sophisticated and devious internet trade is not. It is a business that relies on images of children being abused, many in front of the camera - toddlers manacled to beds, blindfolded babies being tortured, children raped and buggered. And most chillingly, as the ongoing police investigation into 2,000 middle-class professionals including police officers, magistrates, teachers and civil servants demonstrates yet again, society's caretakers probably pose a greater risk than the seedy man in the white van.

Donald Findlater was director of the Wolvercote Clinic which provided sex offender treatment and was judged exceptionally successful by the Home Office. It has now been closed because of public objection. He says: 'I am sure the internet could lead to a substantial rise in offences. It delivers material into the home, putting ideas into people's heads. At Wolvercote we learnt how quickly, using the internet, men moved from fantasising about abusing adolescents through to baby abuse and bondage. The fact that what they are watching is an abuse actually taking place can make them think about doing it themselves.'

An American survey found that some three-quarters of people using child porn were also abusers. In such a climate it is hardly surprising that parents react to the threat with fear and loathing, and with vigilante justice, driving known child sex abusers from their home towns.

But perhaps protecting our youngsters means we should make more effort to understand what motivates men to abuse children. That is the message of Innocence Betrayed (Polity Press, published 24 October) a book by David Wilson, Professor of Criminology at the University of Central England, and journalist Jon Silverman. They examined who child sex abusers are, the threat they pose, what can be done about them, and what role society has in dealing with the problem. Their research is based on interviews with paedophiles themselves, those working with them, police and parents.

Wilson, a former governor at Grendon Underwood prison, where he worked in a therapeutic community with some of the country's most serious sex offenders, describes how paedophiles, when they are identified and hounded underground, become loners or mix with their own kind. Thus marginalised, they see themselves as victims. In this frame of mind, they feel they have little to lose by re-offending, and so pose a real threat.

And, however unpalatable they know the idea of sympathy for the devil may be, the Government is putting money into a variety of projects and programmes which put child sex offenders at their centre, based on the premise that with the right help and under standing, they may choose to alter their abusing behaviour.

The newest of these is 'Stop It Now!', a Home Office-funded project based on a helpline and public education campaign which aims to prevent abuse happening in the first place, or to get it stopped as soon as possible. It is based on the project started in America by a child sex abuse survivor, Fran Henry .

Campaign co-ordinator John Brownlow said: 'The way society deals with what is talked of as the paedophile threat is by demonising them. They are not seen as having a conscience. So our project avoids the word paedophile. Already our phone calls show us, just as has been found in America, that there are people who are worried about their inclinations and where they are leading but who have no idea where to go for help. The confidential helpline is a place they can seek guidance, find out where there is treatment.'

They have had 103 calls since June, some from men thinking of abusing and wanting to talk through their inclination to prevent them from continuing. One man who had been viewing child images on the net and finding himself aroused by his children's friends, called three times. He was advised to talk to his wife and ended up going to the police with his computer.

The helpline is also for families, friends or strangers worried about somebody's behaviour and for abuse victims who need support.

Psychologist Julia Long says that seeing men 'who society sees as immutably bad change quite dramatically is the reward I get for my work'. She has worked with sex offenders for almost a decade, and now runs the cognitive behavioural sex offender treatment programme at Bullingdon Prison. These programmes, now operating in 27 prisons, have been found to reduce re-convictions. They were started experimentally 10 years ago based on the premise that, rather than just keeping these men in solitary confinement for their own protection, it might be possible to rehabilitate them.

Long begins by approaching the men she works with as equals who deserve humanity, and recognising how many have had 'very sad and damaging backgrounds themselves', but who need to acknowledge that they have significant problems.

'Most have never been able to make relationships or achieve any kind of intimacy with other people,' she explains, 'so we aim to help them develop normal relationships with those of us working with them and other prisoners because that's what they will need to do when they go out.'

Alongside this, the men must examine what they have done, look at the decisions that led them to offend and think about how they could have done things differently. There is roleplay in which they may act out the part of victim and, says Long, 'this can trigger a lot of grief and remorse'.

'Before release they work on strategies to avoid getting into situations where they would be tempted to offend again. We give them goals and a vision of what a good life could be like, and how it's attainable.'

Charles, who did the programme at Bullingdon and has now been out of prison for six months, insists it has helped him get rid of the anger and resentment he felt from a life marked by loneliness and self-loathing. 'Growing up, I thought I was physically repulsive and had nothing of interest to offer anyone,' he says. It got worse living in a house with his younger sibling whose teenage girlfriends seemed to Charles to taunt him with their sexuality but then reject him.

Alone in his room, he sought images of teenage girls being raped, and recollects: 'I felt revenge. The girls who visited had all the power but these girls were being punished, and by watching I was part of it. I wanted more and more. Then my fantasies grew and became very dark. I am sure if I hadn't been caught I'd have assaulted a teenage girl.'

He won't say he will never offend again. 'How does anyone know forever?' But he is determined he doesn't want to. So he never has his computer on in a closed room, has shaped his life with activities and sees every day that he doesn't offend as an affirmation that he can succeed. 'I want to be accepted as a normal person,' he says.

Helping offenders to live normal lives within society is precisely the aim of the three befriending projects that began this summer with Home Office funding. They are modelled on the Canadian experience, which now offers 33 befriending circles for sex offenders.
Helen Drewery who, on behalf of the Quakers, runs one of the British circles
, explains: 'A Canadian evaluation showed that less than half the men befriended who would have been expected to re-offend after two years, had done so. And they said the support given had helped them live without offending again.'

The way it works is that a child sex offender leaving prison is offered the chance to become a 'core member'. He makes a covenant with his volunteer as to how they will work together and typically this will mean regular phone conversations, volunteers accompanying him to the benefits office and on shopping trips, and joining the offender for social encounters, such as a coffee or meal together.

Drewery explains: 'This way we help the man develop a normal lifestyle which is the opposite of living as an introvert when fantasies can too easily grow. We help him see that he can make friends and have a different kind of life. The hope is that other people in the community will be drawn into seeing that they too can include the offender.'

Importantly it also means, Drewery points out, that circle members who know the core member well will be alert to worrying changes in behaviour or routine, and 'if necessary we alert the police, but ideally we try to make the decision to go to the police with the core member'.

What these projects do not address is the grim fact that some 500 teenagers a year are convicted of sex offences. So it is vital to identify potential paedophiles and cut into the cycle of behaviour before it begins, insists Dr Eileen Vizard, consultant child psychiatrist and director of the NSPCC's Young Abusers Project in north-London .

Here they see very young children who, Vizard fears, may well become abusers. She sees children as young as five with highly sexualised behaviour who may go on to carry out sexual assaults on other children. Older children come with disturbing levels of sexual talk and arousal, and may be trying to have sex with other children. Once into their teens, these children may begin to fantasise about sadistic acts and abducting younger children to abuse.

Vizard says angrily: 'Without exception these children are victims of appalling childhoods, most often sexual abuse and often physical and emotional abuse too, and nobody has been there to help or protect them.'

So the Young Abusers Project uses therapeutic methods that focus on the way they are behaving - but also gives them an opportunity to explore their own traumas.

Vizard, seeing children change and stop their sexualised behaviour, is convinced that more funding for projects like these would cut the future cost of dealing with the childrens' behaviour.

So are these initiatives, which put precious resources into working with child sex offenders, the best way? Or, in the wake of the report showing acute lack of resources for child protection agencies, isn't this where the money should be spent?

It is a difficult argument, but increasingly those working with child sex offenders are convinced that we must support the work being done that acknowledges the humanity rather than the evil of these men - even those abusers whose crimes against children are unbearable to contemplate.

Primitive rage as a response is understandable and has a comforting absolutism about it. But Wilson - himself a father of two young children 'and as passionate about protecting them as anyone' - says that ultimately, if we are talking about protecting children, we have to take on responsibility for the perpetrators as well as their victims.

&#183 For further information, call Stop It Now on 0116 270 0615, or Circles on 0207 7663 1022

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...on?INTCMP=SRCH
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #47772
trafficker
Banned

Many of Forest Mere's walls are adorned with signed pictures of soap actors, sportspeople, and (in the majority of cases) people we didn't recognise who had signed with an illegible squiggle. Every now and then, a frame would be blank with a big question mark and the words "Forest Mere celebrity gallery" inscribed therein. Tansy and I considered claiming to be Our Jacqui and Our Katie from Brookside to wheedle our way into two of these frames, but we realised the management here would be far better informed about minor stars than we are and we'd never get away with it. Instead, we entered enthusiastically into the spirit of the place. What was good enough for Babs Windsor and Jimmy Savile, we reasoned, was good enough for us.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/199...on?INTCMP=SRCH

Emily Barr
The Guardian, Saturday 18 September 1999 18.26 BST
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #47773
northernlass

remember the legal advisor on this morning and her dad who was running partners with Savile?
http://www.marilynstowe.co.uk/2011/1...-jimmy-savile/

and her dads infamous quote

"My dad is a quiet, private man; yesterday he told me that if I must write about Sir Jimmy, he didn’t want his own name mentioned."

"the man standing on my dad’s right is their old pal: the late, great Jimmy Corrigan, who ran fairgrounds and amusement arcades in Scarborough, where Sir Jim also had a home. Sir Jim and Jimmy Corrigan both referred clients to me in the past. These three looked great, didn’t they? Those running years were good times for them. My father treasures this photo, and rightly so."

wonder who the clients were

corrigan

"Jimmy Corrigan once divorced became a firm bachelor, He had his penthouse completely redone and his kitchen had no cooker. He used to say it worked a treat against any of his female companions thinking they could get their feet under the table ... there was no 'l'll cook a meal for you, Jimmy'. He always ate out" just like Savile

"I worked for James Lord Corrigan at the Carousel Amusement park at Caan-Pastilla in Mallorca for about 2 years... He put me in his Penthouse apartment on the 9th floor opposite the El-CID Hotel, the rent being paid by his company, believe me all the stories you ever heard about James L C are true & some. They broke the mould when he passed away"

lt saddened me to hear Jimmy Savile has died. l met him on a few occasions as he was good friends with another friend of mine Jimmy Corrigan ... otherwise known as Lord Corrigan. This in itself was an in-joke that he ran throughout his life as his full name was James Lord Corrigan.

Both Jimmys were millionaires but it mattered not to either of them if you were rich or didn't have 2 pennies to rub together ... they treat you no different. lf they liked you, they liked you and that was it. Both were eccentric to the extreme, both grew up around Leeds and both were showmen. They also lived life to the full but also donated many thousands of pounds to charity albeit anonymously.

There are many stories l could tell you about Jimmy Corrigan although some l can't here. Jimmy Corrigan had the amusement complex Coney Island in Scarborough and he ran it as he ran his life ... having fun. He was once in a battle with his competitor over all things ...bingo. One would out do the other time after time until Jimmy Corrigan decided to go the whole hog ... he made top prize a car and ran for free just for the hell of it!

Another time he had a new Mercedes delivered and was set to pay cash. The smiling salesman went up to Jimmy's office to get the payment but his smile disappeared as he saw the payment was in loads of £500 bags of £1 coins. The salesman told Jimmy he couldn't accept it so Jimmy told him to take the car back but to ring his boss and tell him what he was doing. This the salesman did and after his boss had finished with him, apologised to Jimmy and then took the money. lt took quite a few trips back and forth to get it all and load it in the salesman's car.

Jimmy did the same thing with the lnland Revenue, who also refused to take the cash. Jimmy then contacted the Chancellor of the Exchequer to ask why the coin of the realm was no good. The Inland Revenue accepted the cash.

Both Jimmys were also smokers and it's a shame that Jimmy Corrigan died in 2000 as he would've relished fighting the smoking ban! It would've given him great pleasure to do so. Believe me he would've taken it on with relish. Sadly it was not to be and no-one with the means and the will were around to step up to the mark ... in the whole of the UK to my knowledge!

The 2 Jimmys are now gone ... and the world is a poorer place for it.

http://nothing-2-declare.blogspot.co...-now-then.html

co owner of Bately Variety Club

"Sir Cliff Richard, Norman Collier and Charlie Williams are among celebrities who have sent messages of goodwill to the man who founded the famous Batley Variety Club.

It is in response to a civic reception and reunion planned for James Corrigan on Saturday from 7pm at Batley Town Hall to honour his services to showbusiness"

worth a read....not worth paying a tenner for though
northernlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #47774
gojam
Banned

First Op Fernbridge arrest this morning.

Probably two arrests.
gojam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #47775
trafficker
Banned

Savile threat to sue Stoke Mandeville

A row has blown up between Sir Jimmy Savile and Stoke Mandeville hospital, where the television personality's charitable trust raised £12m to build a state-of-the-art spinal injuries unit 18 years ago. Sir Jimmy is threatening to sue the hospital in Buckinghamshire for ripping out a serving area in a £300,000 kitchen and dining room at the national spinal injuries centre (NSIC) which is owned by his charitable trust.

He is outraged by the hospital's decision to close the facilities, remove the option of fast food cooked on the premises and provide only cook-chill food brought from Wales, in a bid to save £100,000 a year.

Sir Jimmy's solicitors, the London firm Biddle, have written to Ken Cunningham, Stoke Mandeville's chief executive, demanding an explanation. The lawyers wrote: "The kitchen, and indeed all the related facilities and buildings, were paid for by public appeal and through the hospital trust. They are not the property of the NSIC and the NSIC would not appear to have any authority to remove unilaterally these items."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/1999/ju...r1?INTCMP=SRCH

and this

Jill Dando
Broadcaster with feel-good factor

By Dennis Barker
The Guardian, Tuesday 27 April 1999 17.56 BST

s a teenager in the late 1970s, she was even Weston's temporary mayoress. She abandoned her thick spectacles, had her hair waved and joined Western-super-Mare Amateur Dramatic Society. One of her earliest appearances was as a stripper in a farce, Pardon Me, Prime Minister.

Her first contact with the media came through her family. Her father was a compositor on the local paper, the Western Mercury, and her elder brother, Nigel, a reporter on the same paper. She was so keen to get on television that she wrote to Jimmy Savile, then running the Jim'll Fix It children's show.

Aged 17, she applied for a job on the same paper as her father and brother. She was asked to write a 500-word essay, My thoughts on the year 2000. Twenty years later, she recalled thinking at the time that it had been quite well written; but she admitted that the 17-year-old had thought that she would have had a husband and two children by the millennium. The essay got her a job as a reporter, which she held for five years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/1999/...do?INTCMP=SRCH
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #47776
northernlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojam View Post

Probably two arrests.
so they have a live one, wonder who it could be
northernlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #47777
petest1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21349730
petest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #47778
petest1

Officers from Operation Fernbridge have this morning, Wednesday 6th February, arrested two men on suspicion of sexual offences.

The men are (a) aged 66 from Norfolk, and (b) aged 70 from East Sussex. Both are in police custody at this time.

Commander Peter Spindler, head of the MPS Specialist Crime Investigations, said today ;
'This is a complex multi agency investigation supported by the NSPCC, CEOP and Richmond Social Services involving non recent allegations of sexual assault against children.

'It is vital that anyone who has been affected by or has information about activity in the early 1980s at the Elm Guest House, or the Grafton Close care home, in Barnes speaks to the NSPCC on their Helpline on 0808 800 5000, or their local police.'

The allegations under Operation Fernbridge were initially assessed under Operation Fairbank, which was information passed to police by MP Tom Watson. Operation Fernbridge reached the threshold for a criminal investigation. Other matters under Operation Fairbank remain under assessment.

NOTE TO MEDIA - The allegations are in no way connected with current residents of the address.
petest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #47779
harry_brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojam View Post

Probably two arrests.
Sky are saying 2 men arrested right now.

Shall we prepare ourselves for a real "shocker" to be revealed as the next Yewtree arrest? Something to distract the masses perhaps?

Apologies for my cynicism but I can feel it in my bones - can't get what was printed over the weekend about a veteran comedian and Mr November out my mind - timing seems suspect to me.
harry_brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #47780
tameelf

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt
#elmguesthouse One of two men arrested is John Stingemore, 70, former deputy head of Grafton Close children's home.
tameelf is offline   Reply With Quote