brainfreeze
Inactive

Default Do we live in an Oligarchy?

http://www.myspace.com/kwml

DEMOCRACY?

Question: do we live in a Democracy?

Answer: Yes

Bzzzzzzzzzz!!! Wrong!

Question: Do we live in a Constitutional Republic?

Answer: Yes.

Bzzzzzzzzzz!!! Wrong.

Question: Do we live in an Oligarchy?

Answer: Yes.

Wheeeeeee. Wheeeeee. Wheeeeeeee. Right!

This is Wikipedia's definition of an Oligarchy:

Oligarchy (Greek Ὀλιγαρχία, Oligarkhía) is a form of government where political power effectively rests with a small elite segment of society distinguished by royalty, wealth, family, military powers or occult spiritual hegemony. The word oligarchy is from the Greek words for "few" (ὀλίγον olígon) and "rule" (ἄρχω arkho). Politically powerful families whose children were heavily conditioned and mentored to be heirs of the power of the oligarchy often control such states. This type of power by its very nature may not be exercised openly; the oligarchs preferring to remain "the power behind the throne", exerting control through economic means. Oligarchies have been tyrannical throughout history, being completely reliant on public servitude to exist. Although Aristotle pioneered the use of the term as a synonym for rule by the rich, for which the exact term is plutocracy, oligarchy is not always a rule by wealth, as oligarchs can simply be a privileged group.

Perhaps, "Plutocratic Oligarchy" would be a better description, but whatever. At least we know where we are, which beats the heck over arguing about a bunch of little stuff. As I point out in the following letter to the Editor, the term "Conspiracy Theory" was probably manufactured by the Oligarchy to discredit those who saw bits and pieces of it and tried to warn us.

Editor,

In your Sun (Sept.28, 2008) paper, Ms. Jackie Trancynger said, "I do not want to live in an oligarchy." Newsflash! We have lived in an oligarchy since at least 1871. Since they are mostly bankers, perhaps the word "plutocracy" would be better. The Organic Act of 1871[1] created a city-state within the boundaries of Washington D.C. for the oligarchy ("municipal corporation" Sec. 1).

The oligarchy as grown in power since then, sneaking the Federal Reserve Act through the Senate on Dec 23, 1913, when the oligarchy only had a few Senators in their pocket. (They got more after the 17th Amendment.) Then, having another fine member, Secretary of State Philander Knox, lie to Congress declaring the 16th Amendment ratified, when in fact, only two States ratified it.[2][3][4]

We are left with only an illusion of a Constitutional Republic, an illusion upon which billions are spent to maintain. As President Bush said, "The Constitution is only a G.. D… piece of paper." Our elections are but a circus, designed to entertain and passionately divide us into red and blue. Oligarchial[5] candidates are pre-selected by the "parties"; knowing and unknowing agents of the oligarchy.

It is quite possible the term "conspiracy theory" was coined by them to keep us from calling it what it is: just a plain, old oligarchy.

Art Noble

[1] http://www.teamlaw.org/DCOA-1871.pdf

2 et seq.

3http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000MDMGMA/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1222780695&sr=1-4

4 , etc.

5 Please pardon the neologism.

Published in Stuart News 10/7/08
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #2
notthisshitagain
Inactive

But whenever I vote for a presidential candidate I'm exercising my right, my right to vote in this democracy! Thanks for the info, sir ~

Last edited by notthisshitagain; 08-10-2008 at 01:40 AM.
notthisshitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:50 AM   #3
anonymousoneuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post

It is quite possible the term "conspiracy theory" was coined by them to keep us from calling it what it is: just a plain, old oligarchy.

Yes! You are right! The world would listen IF! We were called Oligarchy Theorists.

Time to host a convention and rebrand!

Join me fellow Oligarchy Theorists!

We must awaken the world!!!

anonymousoneuk is offline   Reply With Quote