Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries > Mythological & Cryptozoology / Channeling / Psychic Abilities / Lucid Dreaming / OBE & Reinc

Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
ambigram

Default For believers in law of attraction

My main difficulty with believing in the law of attraction is simply this; Why aren't anorexics' obese?
ambigram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
cosmic tramp

Well put :-)

How about why every resident of a war zone isn't in a safe place ?

Law of Attraction to my mind is the biggest lemon ever squeezed in the history of human claptrap.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambigram View Post
My main difficulty with believing in the law of attraction is simply this; Why aren't anorexics' obese?
Because it doesn't work on fear. It works on the love vibration.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:45 AM   #4
oz93666

Quote:
I'm assuming here that anorexic's see themselves as obese. Assuming this is true , then you would expect this to TEND to make them obese, but if you also limit your food intake , this will tend to keep you thin.

While in this physical reality beliefs will have an effect, but other factors are at work , which have to be considered.

Suppose you have no friends. Using the law of attraction, you could daydream you are very popular , imagine yourself surrounded by people who like you, and if you spend time on this , it will INCREASE THE PROBABILITY of you changing your situation, but if you lock yourself in your flat , never answer the door, you are making it hard for the universe to deliver... If you instead go out and mix a bit, as well as the daydreaming, then you should see results.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #5
ambigram

That makes sense oz. Thanks.
ambigram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #6
swamideva

Where the new age law of attraction falls down and what they do not publicise with their empty positivity is this.

We live in a duality, everything is energy vibrating at different frequencies, we attract through resonance and harmonics.

This energy has two opposing and complimentary polarities, two sides of the same coin.

As we focusing on the good positive stuff we want, we also attract the opposite negative, one can not exist without the other in duality.

Many want the law of attraction as a get rich quick scheme. Well it certainly is for the new age gurus that teach it.
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #7
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
I'm assuming here that anorexic's see themselves as obese. Assuming this is true , then you would expect this to TEND to make them obese, but if you also limit your food intake , this will tend to keep you thin.

While in this physical reality beliefs will have an effect, but other factors are at work , which have to be considered.

Suppose you have no friends. Using the law of attraction, you could daydream you are very popular , imagine yourself surrounded by people who like you, and if you spend time on this , it will INCREASE THE PROBABILITY of you changing your situation, but if you lock yourself in your flat , never answer the door, you are making it hard for the universe to deliver... If you instead go out and mix a bit, as well as the daydreaming, then you should see results.
Intention, visualisation with passion, action.
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #8
fishonwheels

Probabilities my friend. When something is already manifest it is 100%. When something is up in the air you have more influence. Play with a good random number generator. Just because all is mind doesn't mean all minds are equal. Your physical body is organized by a mind superior to most people's. For how to move up the ladder of mind superiority consult Maslow's hierarchy of needs for a general guideline and expose on what's being done to some.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #9
liubang
Inactive

Quote:
Because more comes out than goes in. This is simple mathematics.

Last edited by liubang; 08-11-2014 at 06:45 AM.
liubang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
zerosignal

I honestly feel that the law of attraction is nothing more than another way to keep people from actually doing things. Christianity wants you to give up your power over to an unseen god. But for those who don't believe in the Judeo-Christian god, there's another trap, law of attraction. This way, instead of actually working toward a goal, you end up believing that by simply thinking about it a lot it will somehow manifest itself.

It's really no different than praying for an apple, going out and buying an apple, and then saying god brought you the apple you prayed for. It works if you actually go out and find whatever you're looking for. Inaction brings nothing. Nomatter how hard to focus and try to use the force.

I've come back from the dead - But my cities - Will never sleep again
Slipknot - "If Rain Is What You Want"
zerosignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:51 AM   #11
liubang
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosignal View Post
I honestly feel that the law of attraction is nothing more than another way to keep people from actually doing things. Christianity wants you to give up your power over to an unseen god. But for those who don't believe in the Judeo-Christian god, there's another trap, law of attraction. This way, instead of actually working toward a goal, you end up believing that by simply thinking about it a lot it will somehow manifest itself.

It's really no different than praying for an apple, going out and buying an apple, and then saying god brought you the apple you prayed for. It works if you actually go out and find whatever you're looking for. Inaction brings nothing. Nomatter how hard to focus and try to use the force.
That is an excellent point. I rarely see successful people on TV saying "yea, I spend all my time sitting around and visualizing what I want and then it suddenly happened".

Success in life takes hard work, social skills and having the right connections, planning, intelligence, discipline and a whole host of other skills and abilities. On top of that, there is a large genetic component to what one can accomplish in life.

I think there are a lot of pitfalls one can fall into when believing in the law of attractions. This topic is filled with misconceptions. However, I am open to the possibility that there is a grain of truth to it. However small that grain of truth, I am waiting for somebody to put it in context. So far, I certainly have not.

Last edited by liubang; 12-11-2014 at 01:51 AM.
liubang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:30 AM   #12
zerosignal

Quote:
Originally Posted by liubang View Post
That is an excellent point. I rarely see successful people on TV saying "yea, I spend all my time sitting around and visualizing what I want and then it suddenly happened".

Success in life takes hard work, social skills and having the right connections, planning, intelligence, discipline and a whole host of other skills and abilities. On top of that, there is a large genetic component to what one can accomplish in life.

I think there are a lot of pitfalls one can fall into when believing in the law of attractions. This topic is filled with misconceptions. However, I am open to the possibility that there is a grain of truth to it. However small that grain of truth, I am waiting for somebody to put it in context. So far, I certainly have not.
Some great points there. Especially the last bit. Although my post was mostly against the law of attraction, there is probably more to it. A person could go on a dating site all day every day and still not find what or who they are looking for. And I think in a way, it's a combination of visualizing and taking the right action.

To play off of this example: maybe this person needs to be out at bars meeting people face to face. Maybe they need to simply live their lives and they will meet the right person. Maybe it's something more obscure, like they are meant to meet a person while playing World of Warcraft.

I use this example because that's the boat I'm in. I've hung out at bars, gone to live local shows, tried meeting people online (to some success, but it was completely wrong in the long-run). I used the example of World of Warcraft because I recently started playing again and have met some interesting people. But still, no true love romance. No awesome job. No hitting the lottery just because money would be really nice.

I have seen some strange things in my life. Some of which may have only been coincidence, but were too much to just push aside. I got angry at my boss once, and I wanted the machine he was running to catch fire again (he'd somehow set his laser on fire before), and he was treating us all like shit, so in a focused and angry mindset I pointed at his machine and said under my breath "fire."

He got fired the next day. I'm not going to claim I did this. I'm not going to act like I have some magical abilities. I was angry and somehow directing at him from behind the scenes set my mind at ease, no different than meditation might help someone. But I can't avoid the facts. I said fire, he got fired. But even still... EVEN IF I somehow caused this... I still technically took an action.

I'm as I've always been - a skeptic until something proves one way or the other. I wouldn't even be on this forum if certain events hadn't proven (to me) that there's something to the seemingly crazy theories Mr. Icke has. But as much of a skeptic as I am, as I said above I've seen some strange things in my life. I'm not going to deny proof if it presents itself to me.

I've come back from the dead - But my cities - Will never sleep again
Slipknot - "If Rain Is What You Want"

Last edited by zerosignal; 12-11-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: left some words out
zerosignal is offline   Reply With Quote