Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 30-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #41
margaretr

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
It's a piece of piss. It's no harder to get a shotgun license than it is to get a driving license.

Its no harder now that 25 years ago. Fact.

Waylander
My 2nd husband was refused a licence application in 1979 and no reason was given, and we lived in a very rural location at the time.

Last edited by margaretr; 30-05-2009 at 11:02 PM.
margaretr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #42
tom bombadil

Try this

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59342

Read though. Apply.

Nelly
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #43
waylander
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretr View Post
My 2nd husband was refused a licence application in 1979 and no reason was given, and we lived in a very rural location at the time.
They will only refuse a shotgun certificate if for any reason the applicant is considered unsuitable.

Intemerant habits
History of Depression
Criminal record.

By law they have to state why the application is refused, as you have a 21 day peiod in which to appeal.

Waylander
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #44
margaretr

Quote:
They will only refuse a shotgun certificate if for any reason the applicant is considered unsuitable.

Intemerant habits
History of Depression
Criminal record.

By law they have to state why the application is refused, as you have a 21 day peiod in which to appeal.

Waylander
That makes sense - he(ex) was a lying toadie
Old 30-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #45
waylander
Inactive

Quote:
That makes sense - he(ex) was a lying toadie
LOL

Waylander
Old 30-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #46
lizzy

Hi All

the survival threads are great....these are practical

I have ahouse on the market butif it does'nt sell in the next few months I will be doing it here rather than on acerage, we'll see. I have been reading the threads and watching the vids, just not posting....Thanks for vids Nelly

I am the Pacific NW , a mid -sized town and the UN's restrictive codes are already happening...

Last edited by lizzy; 30-05-2009 at 11:56 PM.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #47
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:

Intemerant habits
History of Depression
Criminal record.

Waylander
Or goverment intervention
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #48
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:

Intemerant habits
History of Depression
Criminal record.

Waylander
I don't think they'll give me one, I used to be a very naughty girl. Maybe I could get my partner to get one instead.
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #49
waylander
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrangermercenary View Post
Or goverment intervention
In which case I would recommend a good Crossbow.

As used a Delta Farce & Team America.

Waylander
Old 31-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #50
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
In which case I would recommend a good Crossbow.

As used a Delta Farce & Team America.

Waylander
Delta Farce !!?? Think you will find they have come on a long way since the Iranain hostage fuck up. Spose you would just stroll into that unit tho with ur crossbow .

Team America now ur talking
Old 31-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #51
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusual_suspect View Post
I don't think they'll give me one, I used to be a very naughty girl. Maybe I could get my partner to get one instead.
OHHH !! how naughty
Old 31-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #52
waylander
Inactive

Quote:
I don't think they'll give me one, I used to be a very naughty girl.
I likes naughty girls

Waylander
Old 31-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #53
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
I likes naughty girls

Waylander
And boys apparently
Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #54
margaretr

I found excellent advice here - see my earlier posts.
I have added binoculars and a solar light to my list of essentials.

I ask again now about camping stoves.
I will likely be using one in my kitchen and am a little nervous about using flammable liquids indoors.
I have found a stove which uses gel fuel and looks safer.
http://www.readytoleave.com/Eating-a...Cooker/details

Please will you outdoor enthusiasts please give your opinion on this type of stove.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #55
jonas parker

Quote:
Can I please ask you opinion Jonas? I live in a rural area where people know each other anyway and traditionally life has been quite tough here, it is not a particularly affluent area and I have already started to trade vegetable plants with one neighbour. I live in a hamlet so it is just a row of houses along a road.

What to you think life will be like in places like this when tshtf?
Your life will be a whole lot better than in London, New York, or Dallas! If all your neighbors are on the same page, when TSHTF, you could have a community garden, rotating watches to guard the area from intruders, group child care, etc. Eight or ten families don't need eight or ten roto-tillers, just one!

Start making a list of the residents and their skills. For example, the old man four-doors down may be a former Army medic who could teach you all first aid. The lady on the end might be a retired school teacher or nurse. I'm sure you get the idea.

Look into linking the houses "off grid" with some army surplus field telephones and wire or CB radios with batteries. Find out who has computers and make CD data disks on food storage and first aid to share. Look back to WWII when every hamlet had a 24/7 fire watch. Also look into how you could cut the road above and below your hamlet, thus cutting off easy access by thugs on motorcycles in case of an emergency.

Maybe now is a good time for a "hamlet picnic". You supply hot dogs and burgers for the grill (or the UK equivalent thereof) and ask everyone to come and bring a dish to pass. Coordinate your preparations. There is no need for every family to have a complete set of surgical instruments or a pressure canner when one or two of these could serve the whole neighborhood.

Basically, get cohesion in the neighborhood! Don't wait for "George" two doors down to do this, "George" may be waiting for you to start first.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #56
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas parker View Post
Your life will be a whole lot better than in London, New York, or Dallas! If all your neighbors are on the same page, when TSHTF, you could have a community garden, rotating watches to guard the area from intruders, group child care, etc. Eight or ten families don't need eight or ten roto-tillers, just one!

Start making a list of the residents and their skills. For example, the old man four-doors down may be a former Army medic who could teach you all first aid. The lady on the end might be a retired school teacher or nurse. I'm sure you get the idea.

Look into linking the houses "off grid" with some army surplus field telephones and wire or CB radios with batteries. Find out who has computers and make CD data disks on food storage and first aid to share. Look back to WWII when every hamlet had a 24/7 fire watch. Also look into how you could cut the road above and below your hamlet, thus cutting off easy access by thugs on motorcycles in case of an emergency.

Maybe now is a good time for a "hamlet picnic". You supply hot dogs and burgers for the grill (or the UK equivalent thereof) and ask everyone to come and bring a dish to pass. Coordinate your preparations. There is no need for every family to have a complete set of surgical instruments or a pressure canner when one or two of these could serve the whole neighborhood.

Basically, get cohesion in the neighborhood! Don't wait for "George" two doors down to do this, "George" may be waiting for you to start first.
Thanks Jonas, good advice there. I'll let you know how it goes. only one thing, I know my parents think I am strange for being worried about tshtf and making preparations, I'm not really sure how to broach the subject with people, but I supose if they think I'm odd not to worry.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #57
shansuke

Quote:
I found excellent advice here - see my earlier posts.
I have added binoculars and a solar light to my list of essentials.

I ask again now about camping stoves.
I will likely be using one in my kitchen and am a little nervous about using flammable liquids indoors.
I have found a stove which uses gel fuel and looks safer.
http://www.readytoleave.com/Eating-a...Cooker/details

Please will you outdoor enthusiasts please give your opinion on this type of stove.
camping stoves are good but realy how long are you gonna get use of them for,would be good for when you cant get a fire going.i would get a stove thet works off of one of the big callor gas bottles,get as many of those big callor gas botttles as you can,you could maybe get a small stove to for use if you have to go somwhere,or how about those ones they put in army rations that run on firelighters,they would also be good for the road if need be.

if i was you i would have a look in to army rations,you may come up with a few ideas their that you havent already thought of.

also all solar and wind up products are good,if i where you i would look in to how to make your own solar and wind up powered things,thers lots of vids on youtube about it,it seems quite easy,they even show you how to store your solar energy for use as and when you need it.

as well as seeds have you thought about differant types of mushroom spores,not only are mushrooms easy to grow(when you know how)but you can turn one spore print in to shitloads of mushrooms,which you can take more prints and turn this in to more again and so on,you would be surprised what things you can use as a substrate to grow mushrooms,some will grow from anything realy,pluss your spent substrates is the perfect fertilizer for your plants,its win win.the tempreture in your house thruout the year would determin what kind you grow,pluss you could also do some outdoor grows to.

if i think of anything more i will let you know.
shansuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #58
jonas parker

Quote:
Thanks Jonas, good advice there. I'll let you know how it goes. only one thing, I know my parents think I am strange for being worried about tshtf and making preparations, I'm not really sure how to broach the subject with people, but I supose if they think I'm odd not to worry.
I'm not really sure how you convert your parents. I'm 65 myself, so I'm probably older than they are. What you might do is print out an article on the deterioration of the world financial situation every other day or so and hand it to your father or mother and ask their opinion. You might also ask them "OK. If X happens, what do we do?"

I'm also sure that your grandparents lived through the "Great Depression". Ask your parents what grandma and grandpa did while they were growing up in that time. I'm sure that your parents have heard the family stories and should be glad to pass them on to you. In fact, your neighbors probably have similar stories that they'd be glad to share with you if you asked them.

Finally, if you convert your mother to the cause, your father will come around in short order. Meanwhile, they are blessed to have a child who is aware of things and looks out for the family.

Last edited by jonas parker; 02-06-2009 at 03:58 PM.
jonas parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #59
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas parker View Post
I'm not really sure how you convert your parents. I'm 65 myself, so I'm probably older than they are. What you might do is print out an article on the deterioration of the world financial situation every other day or so and hand it to your father or mother and ask their opinion. You might also ask them "OK. If X happens, what do we do?"

I'm also sure that your grandparents lived through the "Great Depression". Ask your parents what grandma and grandpa did while they were growing up in that time. I'm sure that your parents have heard the family stories and should be glad to pass them on to you. In fact, your neighbors probably have similar stories that they'd be glad to share with you if you asked them.

Finally, if you convert your mother to the cause, your father will come around in short order. Meanwhile, they are blessed to have a child who is aware of things and looks out for the family.
Sound advice, but my parents really do think I am being paranoid and just totally switch off when I try to talk to them about all this, I am mulling over how best I can persuade them. However, they have paid off the mortgage on their house and are looking for a property in the middle of nowhere in France of all places, they are planning to get somewhere with land and get animals and my Dad is getting a shotgun. So I hope it all goes well for them, and they hoard food anyway, I suppose it is growing up in post war Britain

I have resolved to organise a get together for my neighbours, but I have just had an operation and I am still recovering, so this will have to be in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting your advice, as it has really got me thinking, especially about blocking road access if need be, you are full of unexpected gems Jonas
Old 02-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #60
sannox

shit hits the fan and farm animals become fair game thus ruling out the food problem and with places like bnq around building a decent shelter eventualy wouldnt be a problem either .
short term survival techniques would suffice until such times as you could take full advantage of everything .
sannox is offline   Reply With Quote