Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 03-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #21
disorder2k8
Inactive

I've never seen this show but have known some people 'interested' in it (how? WHY!?)

So I'm assuming from observation that is something like Blair witch except 100 times cheesier? Its a spoof fly on the wall documentary then?

I'm so glad I dont have a TV

Last edited by disorder2k8; 03-11-2008 at 06:05 AM.
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #22
merla
Inactive

Not really no, Most Haunted is supposed to be a serious attempt at exploring the supernatural, if by serious you mean going to haunted locations and trying to goad spirits/ghosts/something into revealing itself on camera. Basically they know that there is a yearning for the unknown out there and they have made a quick buck by pretending to be able to explain/connect with it. The fact they started faking stuff just goes to show how desperate they are to keep people watching, filming endless orbs and going 'oooh did you feel that?' can only keep the general public's attention for so long. Add to that their main medium was Derek 'Kreed Kafer' Accora, a complete charlatan that was caught out with false information, and you have something that would probably get done under the new medium legislation for fraud.

I'm sure somewhere in the beginning was a genuine desire to try and explain the weird but that was quickly replaced by pound signs.
merla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #23
lostinstrangeworld
Inactive

Thumbs down

It's such a shame when TV shows fake stuff like this, it gives genuine research into the paranormal a bad name and the skeptics to be more adamant in their closed mindedness.
lostinstrangeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #24
merla
Inactive

http://badpsychics.com/thefraudfiles...php?storyid=45

More fakery from Most Haunted for you, the second clip is one of the ones posted by the OP but the other two are new. Naughty Yvette.

Last edited by merla; 05-11-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #25
the itinerant shrubber

When they first started,they did capture what seemed genuine phenomenon,some of it quite remarkable but obviously the pressure to get results and to make money eventually got the better of them.
If they wanted to prove theres no fakery,they would install a web-cam in the corner of each room that would show the entire room and everyone in it.
the itinerant shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #26
jojo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by merla View Post
Not really no, Most Haunted is supposed to be a serious attempt at exploring the supernatural, if by serious you mean going to haunted locations and trying to goad spirits/ghosts/something into revealing itself on camera. Basically they know that there is a yearning for the unknown out there and they have made a quick buck by pretending to be able to explain/connect with it. The fact they started faking stuff just goes to show how desperate they are to keep people watching, filming endless orbs and going 'oooh did you feel that?' can only keep the general public's attention for so long. Add to that their main medium was Derek 'Kreed Kafer' Accora, a complete charlatan that was caught out with false information, and you have something that would probably get done under the new medium legislation for fraud.

I'm sure somewhere in the beginning was a genuine desire to try and explain the weird but that was quickly replaced by pound signs.

top post!
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #27
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by merla View Post

No, i have it on good authority that the shows aim was always geared around bollix - and that the mediums involved were told that there was to be at least one possession per show, whether they made it up or not.
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #28
jojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
No, i have it on good authority that the shows aim was always geared around bollix - and that the mediums involved were told that there was to be at least one possession per show, whether they made it up or not.
really? im not suprised in the slightest merlincove.

just out of interest, which good authority do you have it on?
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #29
qasrose
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post
The crew dont realise the camera is still recording when they start laughing at Derek being possessed by a spirit called Mary, who loves Dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0usvErRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0usvErRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO4aO...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSYyX...eature=related
That wasn't being serious, the crew where having a laugh.....

All those clips are not proof of faking....
qasrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #30
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
really? im not suprised in the slightest merlincove.

just out of interest, which good authority do you have it on?

hi jojo

i have a friend who worked on the production team, i think in the 1st series - he quit because of the shows ethics early on as he felt that the show should focus on grounding and protection. Apparently the shows team approached many mediums who refused to perform in the way the show wanted them to, before a certain medium agreed....

Last edited by merlincove; 14-11-2008 at 12:55 AM.
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 01:48 AM   #31
qasrose
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
hi jojo

i have a friend who worked on the production team, i think in the 1st series - he quit because of the shows ethics early on as he felt that the show should focus on grounding and protection. Apparently the shows team approached many mediums who refused to perform in the way the show wanted them to, before a certain medium agreed....
Can you tell me his name, because I can get this confirmed....

Do you know the name of the production company???

Last edited by qasrose; 14-11-2008 at 01:55 AM.
qasrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #32
merla
Inactive

Gasrose, have you watched the clips I linked to? There is definite proof for faking in them; in the first one Yvette breathes out loudly and then pretends it wasn't her and asks if anyone else heard it and in the last one she tries to manipulate the glass during a seance but she is wearing woolly gloves so her finger simply slides across the top but she doesn't know this because they are filming in the dark and she starts to talk about how it moved. Totally shameless fakery.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
lauren_almighty
Banned

I can't believe that people actually watch this crap.

If anything paranormal was caught on camera would it not make the news as evidence that ghosts exist? What a load of shit.

I've never watched it because it is obvious that it was all going to be faked.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #34
funkyjesus
Banned

Why would Ciarán O'Keeffe involve himself with something he would know better than anyone is a fraud then?

I have no doubt that Yvette and the hairdressers and whoever else is in it are showbiz and try stuff on but hasn't Ciarán O'Keeffe been getting stuff he can actually investigate and examine recently since he started using more sophisticated gadgets?

He seems pretty straight to me, I doubt he'd put his reputation on the line for TV time.
funkyjesus is offline   Reply With Quote