Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > Videos

Old 10-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
truth seeker 09

Default David Icke: Group thinking / Peer pressure

Group thinking and peer pressure explained by David Icke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSj5tST9YEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGE_BuLKCiA
truth seeker 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
samson33

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth seeker 09 View Post
Group thinking and peer pressure explained by David Icke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSj5tST9YEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGE_BuLKCiA
Those were really great, do you have any more? or the name of where you find those?

excelent, Icke really has a good idea of how reality works, how the system works. Thanks for sharing.
samson33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
truth seeker 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson33 View Post
Those were really great, do you have any more? or the name of where you find those?

excelent, Icke really has a good idea of how reality works, how the system works. Thanks for sharing.
Those two clips were just the best ones from Icke I remember. Sometimes the truth can be said in two minutes or in one sentence so I chose those.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:38 AM   #4
truth seeker 09

Bump
Old 05-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
decode reality
Inactive

Ah, I didn't know he'd covered this topic (i.e. specifically saying 'group-think'). It's one I've mentioned many times in posts. Will watch this later.

Last edited by decode reality; 05-03-2016 at 12:06 PM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #6
truth seeker 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Ah, I didn't know he'd covered this topic (i.e. specifically saying 'group-think'). It's one I've mentioned many times in posts. Will watch this later.
Both videos are just two minutes long.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth seeker 09 View Post
Both videos are just two minutes long.
Just viewed them. The second one I'd seen on the CH4 documentary though I hadn't seen the first one before.

Many people definitely police each other and believe it's normal to do so, unfortunately.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #8
markritter
Banned

But doesn't any group of people with shared ideas and experiences use group thinking?

I don't think group mind are the problem but people have to stay in control of their own reaction to the thought streams of such constructs
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #9
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Just viewed them. The second one I'd seen on the CH4 documentary though I hadn't seen the first one before.

Many people definitely police each other and believe it's normal to do so, unfortunately.
I think it goes back to tribal living, where people were often dependant upon group loyalty for survival. Its well know that people can do more as a group.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #10
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
Originally Posted by markritter View Post
But doesn't any group of people with shared ideas and experiences use group thinking?
Yes

Plenty of Icke followers repeat him verbatum, they use the same language and concepts, they can't see they are all Icke group thinking though.
cafe beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #11
kizzie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe beelzebub View Post
Yes

Plenty of Icke followers repeat him verbatum, they use the same language and concepts, they can't see they are all Icke group thinking though.
I have yet to see anyone who is a fan of David believe everything he says.
He would not like or want that anyway. listen /read then do your own research

I have seen a few who think he is our savour and have said isnt it about time he stoped talking and lead us out of this shit. That always makes me laugh.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #12
scottishryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe beelzebub View Post
Yes

This is the second post today that I've seen you refer to people who follow David's work as following some sort of blinded religion or cult like thinking.

You do realise you are a member of his forum boards, so why be here? The net is full of sites you can partake in. Or do you just enjoy the negativity of diving into topics and leaving your seeds of apparent wisdom. ? I'm curious!

My NEW Book (Paranormal): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unseen-Worl...A0DXGPP2JGAGHG
scottishryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #13
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:

I don't think group mind are the problem but people have to stay in control of their own reaction to the thought streams of such constructs
Quote:
I think it goes back to tribal living, where people were often dependant upon group loyalty for survival. Its well know that people can do more as a group.
It is unavoidable in many ways. When two or more people come together in a group of any kind, there has to be a compromise.

Generally, the groups that are probably faring best on the planet in terms of social cohesion and economic stability, are those with a strong sense of collective identity. Shared history, traditions, religious/spiritual beliefs etc. In Britain I can see this is the case with Indians. Jewish people fall into the same category.

Therefore you can see the advantages of a groupthink-based culture, and it's fine if you're happy to be part of it. But what if someone starts to question the religion and tradition that's been passed down to them, and finds answers elsewhere? The group isn't able to accommodate that, it sees it as a challenge to its authority - even if genuine flaws and untruths in the religion/tradition are found. That's when they become inflexible and dogmatic. They don't exist to serve people, people exist to serve them.

Here's a few quotes here from Paul Brunton, a British philosopher whose name is mentioned in Truth Vibrations. I think Icke was reading one of Brunton's books at the time of his 'going through changes':

The quest is a lonely enterprise. Those who join cults, groups, societies, ashrams, or sects in order to escape this loneliness do so only in appearance, not in reality.

To be herded together may be the only way out for those who lack capacity to find a measure of spirituality. But it is not the way for an independent mind.

The want of inner affinity may make it advisable, after a time, to be content with what one has learned from a teaching, a school, a sect, even a religion, and move on elsewhere.

Those who look for salvation on group lines, that is to say on mass-product lines, look for self-deception.

It is not by sedulously aping other questers that one follows the quest, not by conforming to a rigid pattern. Its requirements must change with each individual and even with his circumstances.

When a teaching is turned into a cult and congealed into a sect, it is time to get up and go away.

PS: If Kizzie is reading this, feel free to reply as I won't delete it!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #14
cafe beelzebub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishryan View Post
This is the second post today that I've seen you refer to people who follow David's work as following some sort of blinded religion or cult like thinking.

You do realise you are a member of his forum boards, so why be here? The net is full of sites you can partake in. Or do you just enjoy the negativity of diving into topics and leaving your seeds of apparent wisdom. ? I'm curious!
I followed David Icke for over a decade, haven't been on here in months, came to his site to look at something specific, prob won't come back for months.

Last edited by lobuk; 09-04-2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Removed comments flaming the owner of this website
cafe beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #15
i_am

Quote:

Hmmmm! I have to agree with him to a point.

There ARE some people who do follow everything David says without thinking for themselves. There ARE some who argue a point because David says so and it must therefore be right. I see it on other sites, not just this one.

There are others who follow other people the same way. It is not exclusive to David Icke

Aren't they just repeaters?

David himself says, 'question everything'. That should mean his analysis on things as well.

Having said that, there is no reason to dismiss everything.

I think people here do have a collective identity in that they are serarching, researching and joining dots. We should never rely on anyone else to join those dots for us though. THAT is cultlike

Last edited by i_am; 08-04-2016 at 10:45 PM.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:36 AM   #16
decode reality
Inactive

It's quite natural in any pursuit for people to imitate the source they're learning from. Musicians start out by copying the styles of their favourite musicians, or at least they strive to, and learn their songs note-for-note. After a while your own individuality kicks in - sooner for some than for others.

It's the same when people are studying some teaching or individual that shares information, but the education system and religious institutions condition people to be repeaters who aren't supposed to question - repeating what the teacher says and repeating scriptures word for word. So it's not surprising we bring that approach to other areas of learning. The real creativity and self knowledge comes when you develop your own take on the ideas you've assimilated.

Last edited by decode reality; 10-04-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #17
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
Hmmmm! I have to agree with him to a point.

There ARE some people who do follow everything David says without thinking for themselves. There ARE some who argue a point because David says so and it must therefore be right. I see it on other sites, not just this one.

There are others who follow other people the same way. It is not exclusive to David Icke

Aren't they just repeaters?

David himself says, 'question everything'. That should mean his analysis on things as well.

Having said that, there is no reason to dismiss everything.

I think people here do have a collective identity in that they are serarching, researching and joining dots. We should never rely on anyone else to join those dots for us though. THAT is cultlike
Totally agree with that. By all means people should see what he is saying but at the end of the day its up to them to look into things for themselves, maybe to investigate things he hasn't, and then form an opinion, whether it differs to his or not.

I appreciate that people have their favourite authors and don't like to contradict what they are saying but that where personal moral courage comes in, to be able to say they don't agree with somebody regardless of how many books they write or how they are thought of by others. At the end of the day the truth resides within us and we just have to find it. We will never agree with everybody 100%.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #18
ex sheep

Quote:

Icke has his own place in the awakening, same as Jones and a lot of other researchers, the important thing of all is information, and all researchers have their own particular niches.Take what you can from any researcher and filter out the bits that don't resonate with you.
I agree with you those who come here just to ridicule are purely disruptors.
Yes question everything, but there are those that are here for other reasons also.

If I don't agree with something Jones says for example, I drop it, I don't spend hours wasting my time arguing with others on my point of view, that is a sure fire way of taking a diversion on the path to finding the truth.

What have I learned so far ?
Go with something you resonate with, drop the stuff you don't.
ex sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #19
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Totally agree with that. By all means people should see what he is saying but at the end of the day its up to them to look into things for themselves, maybe to investigate things he hasn't, and then form an opinion, whether it differs to his or not.

I appreciate that people have their favourite authors and don't like to contradict what they are saying but that where personal moral courage comes in, to be able to say they don't agree with somebody regardless of how many books they write or how they are thought of by others. At the end of the day the truth resides within us and we just have to find it. We will never agree with everybody 100%.
We do all have our favourite writers, and kinds of information that resonate with us, but there's always the danger of becoming so attached to the information that we rule out other possibilities, not least the ones in our own heads! People then begin to "seek truth" vicariously through the person/s they see as their leaders or even saviours. This is what has happened with everything from religious affiliation, to politics, to education, and it's the basis of cult membership.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #20
scottishryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex sheep View Post

What have I learned so far ?
Go with something you resonate with, drop the stuff you don't.
Absolutely agree! Your full post is excellent. I fail to see how coming to a site you disagree with - regardless of who it is - to sprinkle negativity and doubts with a wee kick at those who enjoy the area can be beneficial as a whole. However we shall move on....

For the avoidance of doubt, I never get 100% information from one source nor completely agree with everything researchers, teachers or likewise say. NOTHING trumps personal experience in my eyes, so I seek to experience and remain open minded and balanced till I can make a sound judgement.

I rarely go about pointing out negatives unless I feel it harms people. But hey ho, different horses for different courses I suppose

My NEW Book (Paranormal): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unseen-Worl...A0DXGPP2JGAGHG
scottishryan is offline   Reply With Quote