Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 22-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
toltecs

Default Carlos Castaneda- Perception and Dreaming

The Toltec seers experience the earth and the energetic universe as sentient.. an intelligent and energetic matrix in which infinite possibilities exist. They perceive that time is measured by the intensity in which the individual engages their perception and therefore activated dreamers are able to extend and expand their experience.. depending on their energetic development.

Carlos Castaneda shared these type of teachings openly through multiple avenues.. books, lectures, the teachings of energetic movements. Many have disregarded his work as being fictional. Many of those that have done the work prescribed.. such as the recapitulation practices have discovered vast perceptual development. To balance the heaviness of the current predominate mood, this type of work offers a type of freedom many do not know exists or consider attainable.

Man's predicament is that he intuits his hidden resources, but he does not dare use them. This is why warriors say that man's plight is the counterpoint between his stupidity and his ignorance. Man needs now, more than ever, to be taught new ideas that have to do exclusively with his inner world- shaman's ideas, pertaining to man facing the unknown, facing his personal death. Now, more than anything else, he needs to be taught the secrets of the assemblage point.- Don Juan Matus. From The Power of Silence. Written by Carlos Castaneda.
toltecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

If his ideas were so fictional why did so much happen to the people he taught?

Some went missing and others were found dead

seems to me someone didn't like what he was teaching
Old 23-11-2015, 01:12 AM   #3
toltecs

In my opinion.. His work was not fictional.. but many say it is.. There is a great deal of mis-information regarding supposed missing people due to his closest apprentices having left society after he died to plunge deeper into their quest for freedom. Other apprentices stayed behind to continue the teachings. Many ex students became bitter for various reason and went on a witch hunt for information to discredit him. There were some things dug up that convinced many he was a fraud.. such as they couldn't find any records of Juan Matus.. his teacher.

Some others supposedly committed suicide and or tried to cross into other worlds with the use of power plants to find him.
Old 23-11-2015, 02:18 AM   #4
supertzar

Sounds like old Carlos was getting a lot of action.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 03:19 AM   #5
toltecs

Possibly. But his closest female students were head over heels in love with him and according to them he didn't go there with them.

I find his teachings to be very evolved and therefore I find it super unfortunate that many dis-regard the knowledge he left the world.. due to a tainted legacy that may not even be accurate.
Old 23-11-2015, 03:36 AM   #6
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltecs View Post
Possibly. But his closest female students were head over heels in love with him and according to them he didn't go there with them.

I find his teachings to be very evolved and therefore I find it super unfortunate that many dis-regard the knowledge he left the world.. due to a tainted legacy that may not even be accurate.
I mean I really enjoyed reading the books. All this stuff about his witches and followers just seems culty. Impeccability: the teaching of ancient sorcerers or a perfect setup to do what all cults do (force adherents to break with family?) Amy Wallace said he was gettin' it by the way. http://integral-options.blogspot.com...castaneda.html
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 04:09 AM   #7
toltecs

I think it did get culty for sure.. and the witches made it very intense.. but when you are going into other dimensions and realities and coming back to this one.. people seem helpless and ridiculous. Self righteousness is almost un-avoidable. Saving and developing significant dreaming energy can make one feel invincible. They later learned from their mistakes. I have studied with very intense shamans born into lineages and they established groups that were far more out of balance than Carlos Castaneda's following.. and yet the effect of being around activated dreamers is life-changing and almost worth all the madness. I think Amy Wallace is full of it.. made it up.. but that is my gut instinct. Not attached.
Old 23-11-2015, 04:19 AM   #8
toltecs

& The cutting off the family thing really stems from Don Juan's teachings.. and was different than religious groups.. and in a previous time in history with less complicated scenarios, it made sense for the Toltec lineage. For Castaneda to introduce these concepts to modern day heavily veiled people was bound to turn into a disaster.
Old 23-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
brambles

What was Castaneda's main teachings/beliefs? I tried scouring the internet but couldn't find anything clear enough.
brambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ

Quote:
The Toltec seers experience the earth and the energetic universe as sentient.. an intelligent and energetic matrix in which infinite possibilities exist. They perceive that time is measured by the intensity in which the individual engages their perception and therefore activated dreamers are able to extend and expand their experience.. depending on their energetic development.

Carlos Castaneda shared these type of teachings openly through multiple avenues.. books, lectures, the teachings of energetic movements. Many have disregarded his work as being fictional. Many of those that have done the work prescribed.. such as the recapitulation practices have discovered vast perceptual development. To balance the heaviness of the current predominate mood, this type of work offers a type of freedom many do not know exists or consider attainable.

Man's predicament is that he intuits his hidden resources, but he does not dare use them. This is why warriors say that man's plight is the counterpoint between his stupidity and his ignorance. Man needs now, more than ever, to be taught new ideas that have to do exclusively with his inner world- shaman's ideas, pertaining to man facing the unknown, facing his personal death. Now, more than anything else, he needs to be taught the secrets of the assemblage point.- Don Juan Matus. From The Power of Silence. Written by Carlos Castaneda.
Bookmarked.

Thanks toltec- I found all his books years ago when I had a big personal crisis and they really helped me move. I have since then read them 2-3 times each and I will read them again soon. I seem to find new things i missed every time I read them.
I am especially interested in the dreaming part of it as I have never used any power plants other than cannabis. not saying the other things are not importend but I found that the dreaming part is something I can do . It does take some diciplin and training and it seem to me it was easyer when I was young.
It brought back a lot of memories from when I was a child as I did some of the things they mention in the book. I learned to dream lucid as a child all by myself and other small things like how to run in darkness, I did that the same way as a child. sometimes I got the feeling I had some sort of connection to carlos or some of his teachers but it might just be the natural shamanic instinct in me connecting to them not sure.
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws

Last edited by eurosianguy; 23-11-2015 at 03:00 PM.
eurosianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #11
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by brambles View Post
What was Castaneda's main teachings/beliefs? I tried scouring the internet but couldn't find anything clear enough.

The music is a bit off putting.

Last edited by Getagrip; 23-11-2015 at 02:54 PM.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
serpentine

Indeed and too long winded for most here.

Here's a better intro here and the reason I post it now is because I've played it a dozen times or more recently with the intention of posting here waiting for someone to come in and start a suitable thread.

The music is a good company with the words of an impeccable warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUaz-pIVL3k

Don't don't get tied up with the meanings of words; the warrior's relationship with death, the self and the Self of Ramana, Jesus and God, it's all the same relationship.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #13
monay

Default herbs

The dreams are much easier with real Mexican herbs like road opener and road closer. There is a large pharmacopeia in Mexico and farther South that is kept unknown. Peyote and Mama Coca were desecrated. Now we have the Drug Wars. Thank you Carlos.

The Jesuits were the most prominent witch hunters on the scene at the time.
They were a real task. That is why many people vanished.
monay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #14
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by monay View Post
The dreams are much easier with real Mexican herbs like road opener and road closer. There is a large pharmacopeia in Mexico and farther South that is kept unknown. Peyote and Mama Coca were desecrated. Now we have the Drug Wars. Thank you Carlos.

The Jesuits were the most prominent witch hunters on the scene at the time.
They were a real task. That is why many people vanished.
we can't blame carlos for the drug 'war'!

The war is a fake anyway. All the coke and heroin is controlled by the new world order crew who control all the worlds major commodities such as: drugs, oil, weapons and also the money supply. CIA drug planes are uncovered periodically

They've been doing this for centuries. The british government forced opium on the chinese people at gun point and set up the Hong Kong and shanghai bank, HSBC to handle the proceeds

This is why major banks are today still being busted handling laundered money from drug cartels

Its why opium production has gone up since the US took afghanistan off the taliban (for now); they control the drugs. They don't care if drugs are on the streets in the UK and US as long as they are mainly contained within the ghettos where they can breakdown the mind and bodies of poor people

The jesuits have gone around the world comprehensively covering up older civilisations and their cultures. The freemasons too have been active in that area and their rise coincided with the rise of the witch trials in europe. Whilst they themselves conducted magickal ceremonies behind closed doors

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/avinas...b_4619464.html

Banks Launder Billions of Illegal Cartel Money While Snubbing Legal Marijuana Businesses

Bank of America, Western Union, and JP Morgan, are among the institutions allegedly involved in the drug trade. Meanwhile, HSBC has admitted its laundering role, and evaded criminal prosecution by paying a fine of almost $2 billion. The lack of imprisonment of any bankers involved is indicative of the hypocritical nature of the drug war; an individual selling a few grams of drugs can face decades in prison, while a group of people that tacitly allow -- and profit from -- the trade of tons, escape incarceration.

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 23-11-2015 at 04:53 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #15
toltecs

Carlos Casatneda was given specific training according to his particular inability to shift his perception. He was rigid in many ways.. as he was raised by his grandparents.. so Don Juan gave him power plants to loosen his perceptual capabilities. Other apprentices of don Juan's were less rigid and were never given power plants. The recapitulation, magical passes, and the dreaming practices were taught to every apprentice throughout the lineage which goes back 10's of thousand of years. It is best to not use power plants. Reading all the books, especially the last few and especially The Active Side of Infinity really ties it all together.
Old 23-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #16
toltecs

Main teachings.. that there is much more to this world than we perceive.. that we are magical beings.. and we have been interfered with by a force that is challenging our evolution. This force has isolated our perception in a very specific way. Time is not linear therefore ..We have parallel lives rather than past lives. We are first and foremost energy.. second we are physical. Human mass has the ability assemble entire other worlds in which we can collectively enter and even sustain. Dream worlds which this is one of many.. have inorganic (non-physical) assistance but comes at high price if not careful.
Old 23-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #17
toltecs

Recapitulation is life review.. breathing in energy we left behind and releasing (exhaling energy filaments that we gathered) to return to the state of awareness we had as very young children before we lost our natural wonder while keeping all of the lessons and wisdom gained along the way. Recapitulation is especially beneficial to clear up prior sexual relationships.
Old 23-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #18
monay

Default drug war

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
we can't blame carlos for the drug 'war'!

The war is a fake anyway. All the coke and heroin is controlled by the new world order crew who control all the worlds major commodities such as: drugs, oil, weapons and also the money supply. CIA drug planes are uncovered periodically

They've been doing this for centuries. The british government forced opium on the chinese people at gun point and set up the Hong Kong and shanghai bank, HSBC to handle the proceeds

This is why major banks are today still being busted handling laundered money from drug cartels

Its why opium production has gone up since the US took afghanistan off the taliban (for now); they control the drugs. They don't care if drugs are on the streets in the UK and US as long as they are mainly contained within the ghettos where they can breakdown the mind and bodies of poor people

The jesuits have gone around the world comprehensively covering up older civilisations and their cultures. The freemasons too have been active in that area and their rise coincided with the rise of the witch trials in europe. Whilst they themselves conducted magickal ceremonies behind closed doors

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/avinas...b_4619464.html

Banks Launder Billions of Illegal Cartel Money While Snubbing Legal Marijuana Businesses

Bank of America, Western Union, and JP Morgan, are among the institutions allegedly involved in the drug trade. Meanwhile, HSBC has admitted its laundering role, and evaded criminal prosecution by paying a fine of almost $2 billion. The lack of imprisonment of any bankers involved is indicative of the hypocritical nature of the drug war; an individual selling a few grams of drugs can face decades in prison, while a group of people that tacitly allow -- and profit from -- the trade of tons, escape incarceration.
iamawaveofthesea,

Your path is closed. Find another venue.
Old 23-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #19
toltecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
Indeed and too long winded for most here.

Here's a better intro here and the reason I post it now is because I've played it a dozen times or more recently with the intention of posting here waiting for someone to come in and start a suitable thread.

The music is a good company with the words of an impeccable warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUaz-pIVL3k

Don't don't get tied up with the meanings of words; the warrior's relationship with death, the self and the Self of Ramana, Jesus and God, it's all the same relationship.
I disagree. Not the same relationship at all.. The books go into the difference at great length.
Old 25-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #20
monay

Default incredible

Quote:
Carlos Casatneda was given specific training according to his particular inability to shift his perception. He was rigid in many ways.. as he was raised by his grandparents.. so Don Juan gave him power plants to loosen his perceptual capabilities. Other apprentices of don Juan's were less rigid and were never given power plants. The recapitulation, magical passes, and the dreaming practices were taught to every apprentice throughout the lineage which goes back 10's of thousand of years. It is best to not use power plants. Reading all the books, especially the last few and especially The Active Side of Infinity really ties it all together.
toltecs,

Are you a tribal member or under the supervision of a tribal member?