Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 27-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
wakeup2nwo

Arrow Looking for Permission to shoot........

Hi guys, Im looking for some help in finding someone kind enough to give me permission to use their land for target practice and and pest control with a 22 rifle. I can get liability insurance so there would be no risk to the owner of the land.

Im in Leicester so it would have to be in the Leicestershire area.

If theirs anyone in the DI community who has some land or know of some one who would give permission please contact me.

What do you guys think the best kind of gun would suit for hunting in an economic collapse scenario?

Spring action or Co2?

My worry is that if the SHTF you might run out of Co2 canisters and your guns then useless. But then the springs could fail on the alternative, but are not hard to fix if you have a few stocked up.

But an advantage to Co2 is the multi shot option that's a massive plus on some Co2 guns.

Whats your thoughts?
"Its plain to see that the seeds from you and me, will be the ones that lead us towards unity, that's if we treat them right, must teach them right, raise your kids better than you was and see what it does" EDI - Outlawz

Last edited by wakeup2nwo; 27-01-2013 at 07:23 PM.
wakeup2nwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
grandmasterp
Banned

All the local preppers shoot here...
http://www.kibworthshootingground.co.uk/
Maybe CU there some time.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
I brought one of my guns from there not long back but was looking for somewhere free to shoot!

Ive been looking at clubs to join around leicester and im considering Kibworth. there's also one in Groby. In Kibworth, From what i gather you have to be introduced by a member and go as a guest for a few weeks and then you have to join for £25 per year and £2 every time you shoot? is that right? if so its quite cheep!!

How would i go about getting introduced to a member so i could join?
"Its plain to see that the seeds from you and me, will be the ones that lead us towards unity, that's if we treat them right, must teach them right, raise your kids better than you was and see what it does" EDI - Outlawz

Last edited by wakeup2nwo; 27-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 27-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
grandmasterp
Banned

Yep, you pay to shoot but the more you go the cheaper it is, he does discounts.
You'll be lucky finding permission to shoot for free round here it's big business as you know and it's not a case of you being insured, if we were to give permission to any third party to shoot on our land then our public liability insurance would go through the roof.
Same for any land owner hence apart from the big money organised shoots it doesn't happen apart from the lamp lads and I'd not recommend doing that.
Old 27-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
Yep, you pay to shoot but the more you go the cheaper it is, he does discounts.
You'll be lucky finding permission to shoot for free round here it's big business as you know and it's not a case of you being insured, if we were to give permission to any third party to shoot on our land then our public liability insurance would go through the roof.
Same for any land owner hence apart from the big money organised shoots it doesn't happen apart from the lamp lads and I'd not recommend doing that.
Thanks for the info, i didnt know about the insurance issues. Ill give Kibworth a ring in the next few days about prices.

Can you just turn up with your gun and pay for a few hours shoot?
Old 27-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
grandmasterp
Banned

Phone up first as they do corporates in the week sometimes and the ranges are booked out.
Old 27-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
noncooperation

Quote:
BEWARE! My AV software blocked a Trojan from that link!

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
BEWARE! My AV software blocked a Trojan from that link!
Cheers for that I'll let them know.
It opens fine on iPad.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 27-01-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 27-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
ianw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeup2nwo View Post
Hi guys, Im looking for some help in finding someone kind enough to give me permission to use their land for target practice and and pest control with a 22 rifle. I can get liability insurance so there would be no risk to the owner of the land.

Im in Leicester so it would have to be in the Leicestershire area.

If theirs anyone in the DI community who has some land or know of some one who would give permission please contact me.

What do you guys think the best kind of gun would suit for hunting in an economic collapse scenario?

Spring action or Co2?

My worry is that if the SHTF you might run out of Co2 canisters and your guns then useless. But then the springs could fail on the alternative, but are not hard to fix if you have a few stocked up.

But an advantage to Co2 is the multi shot option that's a massive plus on some Co2 guns.

Whats your thoughts?
I was doing a bit a couple of summers ago, permission was real difficult to get. Your best approaching farmers that have just planted out seed and target pigeons and crows from a hide. The guys that pay usually have gun dogs and walk the fields shooting rabbit and hare but dont do a good job reducing the pigeon and crow, so from speaking with the farmers I found thats what they want doing. If you do a good job reducing the birds its possible they might let you have a go on any rabbits. I found they dont like you asking for rat shoots around there buildings feed and machinery.

If you can afford a Co2 gun with a decent scope it will out do any spring riffle. If there are multiple targets you can usually take more than one down before things get spooked due to the guns silence and quick reload. 40 yards with pin point accuracy can be achieved spring guns have a bit of a kick that dont allow for the same kind of accuracy. The canister can be charged via divers bottle or foot pump so they are always chargeable.

Pluss in a SHTF scenario you can tweak how many lbs it pumps out from the legal 12 to whatever in combination with heavier solid dyed pellets to give yourself a more powerful rifle.

Old 27-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
wakeup2nwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
I was doing a bit a couple of summers ago, permission was real difficult to get. Your best approaching farmers that have just planted out seed and target pigeons and crows from a hide. The guys that pay usually have gun dogs and walk the fields shooting rabbit and hare but dont do a good job reducing the pigeon and crow, so from speaking with the farmers I found thats what they want doing. If you do a good job reducing the birds its possible they might let you have a go on any rabbits. I found they dont like you asking for rat shoots around there buildings feed and machinery.

If you can afford a Co2 gun with a decent scope it will out do any spring riffle. If there are multiple targets you can usually take more than one down before things get spooked due to the guns silence and quick reload. 40 yards with pin point accuracy can be achieved spring guns have a bit of a kick that dont allow for the same kind of accuracy. The canister can be charged via divers bottle or foot pump so they are always chargeable.

Pluss in a SHTF scenario you can tweak how many lbs it pumps out from the legal 12 to whatever in combination with heavier solid dyed pellets to give yourself a more powerful rifle.

I got one that takes an 88g co2 bottle. Can they be recharged? Or can you adapt a co2 gun into a pre charged gun?
Old 28-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #11
ianw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeup2nwo View Post
I got one that takes an 88g co2 bottle. Can they be recharged? Or can you adapt a co2 gun into a pre charged gun?
To tell you the truth Im not that up on the specs.
I was loaning my brothers rapid its bottle was about 10inch and held enough air for about 130 shots before they started dropping.
I dont think the size of the bottle makes any difference as the charging line will screw onto the the bottle the same place it screws onto the gun so the dimensions will be the same.
They only prefare to use the diving bottle to recharge because its dry air they say foot pump charging can let dampness into the bottle, but I recon its more about laziness.
Dont now what you mean by pre charged but Ill have a look on you tube.
Hunters vermin is a good youtube channel plenty of tips.

Edit Ive been talking about pre charged.
Ive never used a co2 gun but looking about lots are asking if its possible to recharge with no replies.
Springs in air guns dont weaken so quick that you would notice, if you are planing of doing a lot of shooting and the CO2 bottles are a pain better to swap your riffle sooner than later. Nothing worse than running out of air, it happens with the pre charged but manual pumps cost nothing thou the divers bottle can cost as much as £200 .

Last edited by ianw; 28-01-2013 at 01:54 AM.
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
chloesnose

co2 takes co2 cannisters, pre charged means dry air, by stirrup pum or divers bottle, so, as longas you keep the pump,your rifle will be ok in a shtf scenario.

re; permissions, a basc sticker in your car helps as the rural folk are a clicky lot,
try forums such as activeshooter.com, and look for local meets in your area
chloesnose is offline   Reply With Quote