For 27 18.49%
Against 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #21
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by demaris View Post
I use FB to keep a photo journal that my friends and family can view as I live away from them at the moment. Its locked down, I know EVERYONE on my friends list and I only post things important to the people who see it. There is nothing on my page that I wouldn't want people to see in RL.

I guess its not the application-its the way you use the space provided. Same with myspace, bebo, twitter, blog accounts and all the other social sites, they can be abused or used for something specific.

So yeah, I have no angst against it, the danger comes from the way its used, as with anything on the internet.
But what you're ignoring is that the people who run Facebook can use your info any way they want and give it to anyone they want and if you think your Facebook account is safe from any hacker, you are extremely young.

Also, the folks who run Facebook are political idiots who use it to manipulate public opinion. Facebook is just another zionist tool:

The folks at Facebook are not yet as evil as Google, but they're working on it.
tenzingnorgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #22
unify

Quote:
Originally Posted by leather clad prowler View Post
Facbook this Facebook that..Credit cards are equal in giving them info. What you buy, where you buy it etc. Mobile phone can be used to follow your movements , texts emails etc. It's easy for people to have a Facebook "eureka" moment, after watching a video on You Tube which is equally if not more liable to give anyone who wants to know info on your likes, prefernces and political stance.
Posting your opinions regularly on your Facebook page, being tagged into places with certain people, face recognition, friends having the ability to give away your personal information that you decided not to share on Facebook. These are just some of the thing's that happen. Hardly equal to using your credit card now is it? (which I also refuse to have). I deleted my account well before I watched any videos about the evils of it. It doesn't take a EUREKA moment to figure them out.

We all trade a certain amount of info for services, but why give your personal info away so easy and freely?
Old 28-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #23
unify

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendelapidate View Post
Deleted my account after allowing a time to evaluate and confirm for me its insidiousness. The whole point of facebook is to be a data harvesting service for corporate pigs and as a surveillance network for any busy body or government agency who wants to snoop on you and me. Give it up if you are using it, it's a total abomination.
Well said and good choice!
Old 28-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #24
unify

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
i am sure they can profile us what ever we do but why make it easy for them.
Exactly...Good on you
Old 28-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #25
unify

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimaj View Post
I just deactivated my fb account today, giving it a week, see how I feel, then if I feel just as 'free'd up' from an addiction as I do, then will delete permanently...but thanks for the good posts with regards to people's views on it!

Been thinking and analysing fb of late and it really is one massive form of addiction! OMG,what did we do BEFORE fb was around?? Hmmm...let me see...spoke to people on the phone...emailed...spoke to people on the phone..emailed...oh and the old favourite..MET IN PERSON!!

I too got carried away with it all, now after a few years and a good year at least of questioning the whole thing, these are my observations on fb..

It is one massive ego platform that has allowed, thru the back door....
....One massive legalised spying tool !
It is dividing people and potential friendships
For a person that is an animal lover, way too many shots of animal abuse that make me sick!
People thinking that their 'friends' on fb are actual...friends...
Some really points there kiwimaj, thanks for sharing them. I'm so glad you've come to see it's evil and made a good decision. I've been so much more sociable now than I was when I had it. How ironic is that? I think you will find that you will be making more real connections in the following week. Keep me posted
Old 28-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #26
unify

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowd control View Post
Yes, there is the argument for using it against them by pumping out truth on it.

Use the enemy's hand to catch a snake and all that :•)

Although, expect any post containing any semblance of truth or that which requires any degree of thought to fall ignored down that news feed, whilst some inane "can't decide what to wear" status gets bombarded with comments and likes.

We truly are pissing against the wind on there my friends.
Excellent point crowd control, and THANKS for the insightS
Old 28-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #27
adept

Cancelled mine. Load of rubbish. I mainly used it to keep in touch with old 'friends'. Then I realized when I passed these 'friends' in the street or going about my business, they refused to speak. They'd rather talk through their keyboards than face to face.
adept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #28
mrunhappy
Banned

I know a person who was sacked for a facebook comment where she said that she believed she was being bullied at work. A friend of a friend saw the comment and she was pulled in front of the head (she was a teacher) the next day.

It seems businesses and organisations can't resist snooping.

I do have facebook, but most of the time conversations amongst old friends is just mindless throwaway banter. I was never very good with that kind of chit chat.

The revolution could begin in Facebook, but it isn't going to. Instead it will continue to be the vehicle that 'friends' use to swap cute youtube videos and make 'hilarious' comments.

There are all kinds of things that you can slip orally. Unfortunately you must be more careful with the written word.

One more thing... how the hell is facebook making any money? Why is facebook so highly valued? Who's buying? What is there to buy?

Last edited by Mr Happy; 28-08-2012 at 08:29 AM.
mrunhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #29
toallofyou
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunhappy View Post
One more thing... how the hell is facebook making any money? Why is facebook so highly valued? Who's buying? What is there to buy?
I don't get this, mainly because I don't have a Facebook and never will... is there advertisements? Or does all the money come from the CIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunhappy View Post
There are all kinds of things that you can slip orally.
lol
toallofyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #30
thirsty4

Quote:
Originally Posted by unify View Post
It’s a time vampire
Yup so is the internet and teevee etc.
thirsty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
azureaura

I just use it for meetups irl. This is a case of everyone uses it who I know, so I have to by association. It has turned into the web equivalent of phoning or texting people to organise meetups. Some truth workers use it, however I feel it destroys chat by phone as it's easy to simply write updates on facebook.

Last edited by azureaura; 28-08-2012 at 08:48 AM.
azureaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #32
unify

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirsty4 View Post
Yup so is the internet and teevee etc.
I forgot to mention, I haven't had a TV in 2 years although I do download 1 episode of breaking bad and at least 1 movie per week.

I'll gladly use up my time educating myself through the internet than be looking at people posting their daily profile picture sticking their tongue out trying to look cute while posting "I just broke my nail, OMG".
unify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
panic
Inactive

Facebook is a tool just like any other. It can be useful if used correctly.
I've lived out of country for the past three years, and I use it to keep in touch with family and friends. I don't use my real name on my profile. I never post, or "like" anything. I have little to no personal information on there whatsoever. What little info is there (which are only a few photos) is set to private, and can only be viewed by friends. Even if someone hacked into my account there's nothing there that I would care for them to find.
That being said, as soon as I move back to my own country, I'll be wiping the account, and deleting permanently.
panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #34
dd72

Bad, major enforcer of the ego-centered capitalist world

Delete it, unplug, wake up

Nobody cares what you did at the weekend
dd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #35
demaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post
But what you're ignoring is that the people who run Facebook can use your info any way they want and give it to anyone they want and if you think your Facebook account is safe from any hacker, you are extremely young.

Also, the folks who run Facebook are political idiots who use it to manipulate public opinion. Facebook is just another zionist tool:

Facebook illuminati - YouTube

The folks at Facebook are not yet as evil as Google, but they're working on it.
I am not young, far from it The points people make here can be applied to the WHOLE internet from simple tracking cookies to signing up to any type of website.

I never said that I locked it down to prevent hackers, hell I could get hacked in any number of ways, we all could, its the nature of the internet per se. What I meant by 'locked down' is that the general public cannot browse my page. In that way its private.

I do get where its going, I do get whats happening with regards to privacy, but its all over the net. Not having a facebook account won't stop a person being tracked.

Saying 'I wont have a FB account' but then posting in forums like this, or generally using the internet full stop is naive.

The internet is a wonderful way to share information and truths, but it has a downside. A duality if you like, so do we share and risk the consequences or remove ourselves from cyber world and stick our fingers in our ears and go la la la?

I don't chose the latter
demaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #36
ufochick

I have a facebook account, I opened it a year ago because I really liked a local rock band and the only place to see where they were playing was their facebook page.

There seems to be an ego contest going on with the people who have come to understand what the powers that were are up to.

It almost seems like a point system, One point for each thing. No facebook account +1, no TV +1, no religion (but you can't be an atheist either) +1, don't use any GM seeds, don't shop at a box store and on and on.

The truth as I see it is this, the cabal already have a file on every person who lived within a society with electricity. The bad guys already know all the stuff people think they are hiding.

Posting a pic of your dog on facebook? It's not a huge deal. The cabal knows you have a dog anyway. They already know all the details of your life anyway.

It's about not being a hypocrite but it's also about not putting yourself in a box so you can brag about it. How much of what you do is about bragging rights?

I get a lot of email from people who are experiencing off things, they rarely give their name and they almost always say "Don't tell anyone!!"...... Why all the hiding? It's the same thing with facebook, you can't hide from the information gathering machine that has been created. I just want to tell them "The "bad" guys already know! don't you understand that?" This "I can hide if I am really careful" thing is an illusion and does nothing but create drama and fear.

It's like this has all become a religion and the one who stays within the rules wins. That seems so opposite of what I think "awake" people would want. It's like some people have jumped from one box to another.

Live, find the joy in your life, be true to yourself, examine your actions, be aware, look out for those boxes that ego creates and always do what's right not just for you but for everyone.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #37
sandwarrior

The level of paranioa in this thread is scary.

Do people really think that the Elite/Cabal whatever you want to call them give a rats ass what you are doing with your life or whether you have a dog?

Quote:
The truth as I see it is this, the cabal already have a file on every person who lived within a society with electricity.
Do people really believe this?

The elite don't give a rats ass about you or what you are doing, so long as you keep going to work and moaning about stuff.

Facebook is a tool to gain advertising information and make money, to think there are teams of spooks spying on YOU and are interested in what you are doing is crazy, Yes Places like GCHQ will monitor it, just like they did with Telephone calls but thinking they want to look at your holiday snaps is just ludicrous.
sandwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #38
dd72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwarrior View Post
The level of paranioa in this thread is scary.

Do people really think that the Elite/Cabal whatever you want to call them give a rats ass what you are doing with your life or whether you have a dog?

Do people really believe this?

The elite don't give a rats ass about you or what you are doing, so long as you keep going to work and moaning about stuff.

Facebook is a tool to gain advertising information and make money, to think there are teams of spooks spying on YOU and are interested in what you are doing is crazy, Yes Places like GCHQ will monitor it, just like they did with Telephone calls but thinking they want to look at your holiday snaps is just ludicrous.
Right now, probably the only reason that they care is to try to sell you their worthless junk products and to verify that their mind control is working.

It does verify that their mind control is working, the thing is everythere, facebook this and twitter that, just think about how often these sites come up in conversation and are a huge part of people's lives.

Also, why would you even want to take part in something stupid like that? Maybe the establishment don't give a rats ass if you have a dog, what makes you think anyone else does? I've got a dog, I don't see the need to announce the fact to the public, many people have dogs, big deal, it's just an ego trip for insecure egocentric people, that's what they're turning the population into. Social networking can be summed up with one simple phrase - "Nobody gives a shit". Waste of time, effort and bandwidth.

But the point is, that information is there on file to be used and misused by anyone in the future, it's like a DNA database, yeah sure, it might prevent a few crimes now but what happens when someone like hitler takes power and wants to wipe out a racial group, you might suddenly find out that you're 10% jewish, 10% too much in the eyes of the establishment, enjoy your shower.
dd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #39
sandwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd72 View Post
Right now, probably the only reason that they care is to try to sell you their worthless junk products and to verify that their mind control is working.

It does verify that their mind control is working, the thing is everythere, facebook this and twitter that, just think about how often these sites come up in conversation and are a huge part of people's lives.

Also, why would you even want to take part in something stupid like that? Maybe the establishment don't give a rats ass if you have a dog, what makes you think anyone else does? I've got a dog, I don't see the need to announce the fact to the public, many people have dogs, big deal, it's just an ego trip for insecure egocentric people, that's what they're turning the population into. Social networking can be summed up with one simple phrase - "Nobody gives a shit". Waste of time, effort and bandwidth.

But the point is, that information is there on file to be used and misused by anyone in the future, it's like a DNA database, yeah sure, it might prevent a few crimes now but what happens when someone like hitler takes power and wants to wipe out a racial group, you might suddenly find out that you're 10% jewish, 10% too much in the eyes of the establishment, enjoy your shower.

Your whole post is a paradox.

You say that its a huge part of peoples lifes and everyone is talking about it.

And then:

You say facebook is worthless and no-body is bothered whats posted on it and that nobody gives a shit, waste of time.

And the bit about hitler doesn't even deserve comment, excpet to say he managed pretty well without facebook.

Last edited by sandwarrior; 28-08-2012 at 03:48 PM.
sandwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #40
joya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
I have a facebook account, I opened it a year ago because I really liked a local rock band and the only place to see where they were playing was their facebook page.

There seems to be an ego contest going on with the people who have come to understand what the powers that were are up to.

It almost seems like a point system, One point for each thing. No facebook account +1, no TV +1, no religion (but you can't be an atheist either) +1, don't use any GM seeds, don't shop at a box store and on and on.

The truth as I see it is this, the cabal already have a file on every person who lived within a society with electricity. The bad guys already know all the stuff people think they are hiding.

Posting a pic of your dog on facebook? It's not a huge deal. The cabal knows you have a dog anyway. They already know all the details of your life anyway.

It's about not being a hypocrite but it's also about not putting yourself in a box so you can brag about it. How much of what you do is about bragging rights?

I get a lot of email from people who are experiencing off things, they rarely give their name and they almost always say "Don't tell anyone!!"...... Why all the hiding? It's the same thing with facebook, you can't hide from the information gathering machine that has been created. I just want to tell them "The "bad" guys already know! don't you understand that?" This "I can hide if I am really careful" thing is an illusion and does nothing but create drama and fear.

It's like this has all become a religion and the one who stays within the rules wins. That seems so opposite of what I think "awake" people would want. It's like some people have jumped from one box to another.

Live, find the joy in your life, be true to yourself, examine your actions, be aware, look out for those boxes that ego creates and always do what's right not just for you but for everyone.

Really? You think people are "bragging" they don't use Facebook? The direct question of the thread was FOR or AGAINST, hence the discussion. I didn't get the impression that this was an ego contest or trying rack up "points".

Personally, I don't do anything for "bragging rights" -- including many of the things you listed (non-GMO, no TV, etc.)... I choose a lifestyle that is aligned with my beliefs, and am incrementally working on getting my life even more aligned and eventually (hopefully) extracting myself from the system as much as I can.

I don't talk about this to people, I don't brag about it, and quite frankly nobody wants to hear it. Why? Because most people are self-involved (myself included, heh). Which is why "using Facebook as a tool" to "awaken the unawakened" doesn't work! People don't care! And "tools" like Facebook make it even easier for them to narrow their selective focus and support their created reality.

And, IMO, knowing that Facebook is a data-collection and marketing tool (at best) and then shrugging it off and freely giving away info, hence supporting it... ? just doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, all information on the internet is tracked in someway. But why make it that much easier?

Facebook legally owns ALL the information you post. Whether your profile is set to "private" or not. Doesn't that send up red flags?

So you post a pic of your dog. Well that picture is now legally owned by Facebook. WTF? Why is that acceptable?

Facebook exists because people use it. If people don't use it, it would cease.

What on earth does Facebook provided that one didn't have before??? Connection to others? no. Friendship? no. The ability to share pictures? no

I dunno... just rambling thoughts... but I was really surprised that now not using Facebook = bragging rights and an inflated ego. Sheesh, next they'll be saying that not having a Facebook account means your more likely to go on a shooting rampage. Oh wait...

cheerio
joya is offline   Reply With Quote