Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 20-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
dave52

Default The Mandela Effect

I've kinda been aware of this for a while... but yesterday, randomly, I came across a couple of videos that piqued my interest - and now my mind is blown and I'm kinda scrabbling around on the floor wondering what the hell is going on.

So, the Mandela Effect is a whole bunch of things that a lot of people remember differently to how they actually are. For example, the guitarist from the who is called Pete Townsend. But now, his surname contains an "h" that wasn't there before. Not only is he now Pete Townshend, but he's always been Pete Townshend. And if you hook out an old vinyl from the 70's - he's got an "h" back then too. The whole timeline is buggered.

In Snow White, "Mirror, mirror on the wall" is now "Magic mirror on the wall".

In Forrest Gump he doesn't say "Life is like a box of chocolates", he says "Life was like a box of chocolates".

In Jaws, it's not "We're gonna need a bigger boat", it's "You're gonna need a bigger boat".

Darth Vader doesn't say "Luke, I am your father", he's say's "No, I am your father".

Sex in the City is now called Sex and the City (and apparently - always has been).

It's really subtle little things, but it's killing me.

And here's the one that I cannot get my head around. It's more for the Americans among us... but it's a crazy one. I lived in the States for a couple of years at the end of the 90's. I used to read my kids a series of books about the Berenstein Bears. But, as of now - They're called the Berenstain Bears. With an "a".

I can't get my head around this at all. The girl in this video sums it up perfectly...

https://youtu.be/-T6s7zb2-c0

www.DaveWare.co.uk
Are You Listening...?
dave52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
supertzar

They are all counter-intuitive phrases so a certain number of people remember them wrong. With Snow White they remember the way the book says it and transpose it to their memory of the movie. That kind of thing. It was always "No...I am your father!" There is nothing wrong with you or with the world. You just remember it wrong. You could even be being influenced by people talking about this Mandela Effect. As someone who has always paid excruciating attention to spelling and grammar my whole life: it has always been Berenstain. In '79-'80 my second grade teacher read them to us on rainy days. I noticed every time it was Berenstain and wondered why their name broke the 'stein' convention.

Last edited by supertzar; 20-01-2016 at 01:42 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #3
brambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
They are all counter-intuitive phrases so a certain number of people remember them wrong. With Snow White they remember the way the book says it and transpose it to their memory of the movie. That kind of thing. It was always "No...I am your father!" There is nothing wrong with you or with the world. You just remember it wrong. You could even be being influenced by people talking about this Mandela Effect. As someone who has always paid excruciating attention to spelling and grammar my whole life: it has always been Berenstain. In '79-'80 my second grade teacher read them to us on rainy days. I noticed every time it was Berenstain and wondered why their name broke the 'stein' convention.
I can't speak for all of them but everyone I have asked has said 'Mirror Mirror' - no exceptions. My brother was a tv addict growing up so I watched a lot of Disney - didn't read the books though and I was a very well read child.

Also I grew up with the belief that Mandela had died.

Things have changed, no one really knows why - the fact that we even exist in the first place is absurd - the likelihood of us ever getting an explanation is closer to nil. I hate to say YOLO but I feel like we can all speculates about the whats and the whys but life isn't obligated to make sense and it's all a load of bs anyway so fuck it.
brambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 09:13 PM   #4
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brambles View Post
I can't speak for all of them but everyone I have asked has said 'Mirror Mirror' - no exceptions. My brother was a tv addict growing up so I watched a lot of Disney - didn't read the books though and I was a very well read child.

Also I grew up with the belief that Mandela had died.

Things have changed, no one really knows why - the fact that we even exist in the first place is absurd - the likelihood of us ever getting an explanation is closer to nil. I hate to say YOLO but I feel like we can all speculates about the whats and the whys but life isn't obligated to make sense and it's all a load of bs anyway so fuck it.
The book was first published in 1812 so that would have resonance long after the movie version. You know what I mean? It's a meme so strong that even the movie didn't change it in most people's minds.

When did you think Mandela died? I just remember the Free Nelson Mandela Concert, him being released from prison and him touring the USA and stopping in Detroit.

Last edited by supertzar; 20-01-2016 at 09:15 PM.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 10:57 PM   #5
ennui

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down in A most delightful way.

C3PO has a silver leg.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.
ennui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 05:43 AM   #6
dave52

Well, the C3PO thing is new - thanks...!

But apparently - he always had a silver leg in the original movie... Except, I have no recollection of this.

www.DaveWare.co.uk
Are You Listening...?
Old 21-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #7
turquoisefire777

a few weeks a go i was looking for some pictures of Old Street, London, and happened on a random photoshopped picture of the Old Street art thing/structure that was painted like the Jaws shark teeth saying:

"we're gonna need a bigger boat"

http://www.everyinteraction.com/blog/page/4/

the thread:

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthrea...=302233&page=5

Jaws Glitch - Mandela Effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7zGaZsfU2A

Last edited by turquoisefire777; 21-01-2016 at 12:38 PM.
turquoisefire777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #8
whatsinaname

I've been obsessed with this for the last 18 months or so...

All the common ones match my memories, but what really blew my mind were all the geographical changes. Also, I really looked into 9/11 after it happened; but now there's actual footage of building 5 engulfed in fire. This didn't exist to me.

Yesterday, I discovered that Robert Anton Wilson now died in 2007, not 2000, as i've always known!

But on the plus side, maybe he wrote another book in those extra 7 years that i'm not aware of. I better check.
whatsinaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:31 PM   #9
true_faith

I thought Marianne Faithfull died last year - around June-ish. Then she pops up with this:

Marianne Faithful claims the Rolling Stones’ drugs bust was a diversion to keep public attention away from the VIP child abuse

Quote:
Marianne Faithfull has claimed the Rolling Stones drugs bust in the 1960s was a cover for child abuse by politicians.

The singer claimed the Establishment wanted to penalise 'silly little hippies' to keep public focus away from MPs targeting children.

Faithfull, 69, who has attacked 'the press and Establishment' for presenting her as 'some sort of bimbo in a fur rug'

Stones guitarist, Keith Richards and singer Mick Jagger were arrested for drugs offences in 1967 after Richard's home was raided by police.

The duo were jailed but later released on appeal. Faithfull who was there when Sussex officers visited Richard's home, Redlands, but was not arrested herself.

Now the 69-year-old has told Time Out Magazine that the crackdown on the Stones' rampant lifestyle was an attempt to hide politicians abusing young boys in care at the notorious Elm Guest House in south west London.

Faithfull said: 'I haven't forgiven the UK for Redlands. The press, the Establishment, presented me as some sort of bimbo in a fur rug.'

The current police investigation into historic child abuse, Operation Midland, is now looking into the case of a teenager who went missing at Kings Cross in 1979.
And the Townsend/Townshend thing is interesting. I had a co-worker who got married and became Townshend and I remember discussing the odd spelling having an "h" in it. Given that the most famous Townsend is Pete, this discussion would have been strange if his name had an "h" in it.
true_faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #10
sevenhills

Mirror Mirror on the wall is a translation from the original German.....

Spiegal Spigal am der Wand........

how it is translated is mainly a way to discredit the original source.
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:57 AM   #11
kiwi_

Yeah I find myself mistaken about things sometimes too
kiwi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #12
1eyeopen

Why does nobody every mention the original Mandela effect?

In 2009 thousands of people "remembered" that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s.

That's why it's called The Mandela Effect.

Something that puzzled me is Madagascar. I didn't think it had people living there besides some that were studying the place, apparently it has a population of 22 million.

I was wrong. It's not like I jumped to a different universe or something.
1eyeopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #13
whatsinaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_ View Post
Yeah I find myself mistaken about things sometimes too
People's differing reactions to MEs fascinates me nearly as much as the phenomena itself.

Of course, some claims can be down to simply being mistaken; but have you not come across anything you actually know is wrong?

Such as having a specific memory which can be corroborated by linking it to actual events in your life at a certain time?
Old 10-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #14
whatsinaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyeopen View Post
Why does nobody every mention the original Mandela effect?
Those who remember it that way, obviously do.

I'm not one of them, though. It's not something I could be sure of either way.

Quote:
In 2009 thousands of people "remembered" that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s.

That's why it's called The Mandela Effect.

There's a bit more to it than that, though, isn't there. People remember what they were doing, who they spoke to about it, the media's coverage of his death, funeral, etc...

Basically, the whole 'where were you when Mandela died' thing.

Quote:
Something that puzzled me is Madagascar. I didn't think it had people living there besides some that were studying the place, apparently it has a population of 22 million.
You're not alone in that memory. Don't you find it strange that other people thought the same, for some reason?

Quote:
I was wrong. It's not like I jumped to a different universe or something.
How very accepting of you.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #15
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar
They are all counter-intuitive phrases so a certain number of people remember them wrong.
Nothing is pure anymore..... NOTHING GOOD LEFT ON EARTH AND GOOD THINGS FROM THE PAST (When earthg WAS GOOD) are quickly destroyed and made unpure digital trash!! (Or some other trash)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #16
jupiter12

Default The Mandela Effect

I find it all fascinating, time, space, time paradoxes etc,

There was an old episode of ST TNG I remember, called 'Yesterdays Enterprise'

The Enterprise enters a temporal rift and reality changes! Only one crew member is aware of these temporal changes and convinces the others that something has occurred.

I believe what David says about infinite possibility but I'm not sure about multiple universe theory or if they link! Infinite potential universes maybe, that can only be perceived/decoded by an observer. Another dream-verse!

If Mandela effects are occurring maybe it's the result of temporal experiments! But if temporal travel or access becomes possible in the future we would possibly experience future visitors!? Maybe it's all fluidic in nature, relating to Einsteins theories re sub atomic particles transcending the limitations of space-time, eg a future event causes changes in the past and future simultaneously! (ripple effect). How could we know when reality is perceived and made within a holographic lump of water and protein we call a brain!?

Also, we are told the Earth orbits the Sun, within our Milky Way at X speed! but what speed does the Galaxy travel within the Universe? And what special temporal phenomena exists in the universe. We only know a tiny fraction of reality. Then we need to factor in the Saturn-Moon-Matrix, it does get tricky to decide what you believe!

Last edited by jupiter12; 10-02-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #17
toty1994

Alan Rickman says 'call off Christmas' in the film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves but the meme is always "cancel Christmas". Is that one?
toty1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #18
wez004

This has been disturbing me for some time now.

About 18 months ago, at a friends house, his kid played the Warner Bros cartoon DVD Looney Toons except it was called Looney Tunes. I said to my friend I thought it was Toons not Tunes. He thought it was Toons as well. After checking the internet it's actually Tunes. I watched those cartoons on TV in the 70's as well as in the cinema before the main film. It was always Toons and Tunes just looks odd to me.

Also, I read the Anne Rice books, it was Interview with A Vampire. Never Interview with The Vampire. Looking at my copy of the book it doesn't look right, it's out of place.

Always Sex in the City, I hated that program but was always forced to sit through it. Again, it doesn't feel right.

And the Pete Townsend thing, that's just done my head in.
wez004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:13 PM   #19
dave52

Quote:
Originally Posted by wez004 View Post
This has been disturbing me for some time now.
Yeah... it's a real mind-fuck.

There's an interview from a US daytime chat show with the cast of Sex And The City (promoting the second film I believe). All the way through it, everyone on the couch including the cast refer to it as Sex In the City.

That's a career defining show for that cast and none of them get its name correct.

www.DaveWare.co.uk
Are You Listening...?
Old 11-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #20
dave52

Quote:
Originally Posted by toty1994 View Post
Alan Rickman says 'call off Christmas' in the film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves but the meme is always "cancel Christmas". Is that one?
Might be...

www.DaveWare.co.uk
Are You Listening...?