Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Other News

Old 14-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
raburgeson

Default The year of battling malware

I just reloaded, well I have a few more programs to reinstall. I have 2 anti-virus programs in. I put a trial period winzip in while hunting a malware free 7zip. Somewhere along the line I picked up a winzipupdater.exe and the fun began. On a fresh reload I had to clean up a nightmare. On the average I see 2 sites blocked every time I click for a new page. Phishers are everywhere. Trackers are on 90% of the sites. Usually I buy one antivirus and run a free one. This year I am going to have to license 2 of them, plus run a free one. I never use defender because I do not trust their updates. Adware is ridiculous, I do not pay for internet to be bombed by solicitation. The add blockers are not doing a good job. Be careful out there!
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
ink

Strange!

I have zero virus scanners and no anti this or that. I sleep very well in the knowledge that if this system died....there is nothing on it which I would miss.

Anything I need is on a stand alone system (cheap and quick, ex gaming).

But then I only use Linux and dont do any type of social media.

Each to their own. Wish you well, especially in this coming year!
ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #3
metak88

Quote:
Originally Posted by raburgeson View Post
I just reloaded, well I have a few more programs to reinstall. I have 2 anti-virus programs in. I put a trial period winzip in while hunting a malware free 7zip. Somewhere along the line I picked up a winzipupdater.exe and the fun began. On a fresh reload I had to clean up a nightmare. On the average I see 2 sites blocked every time I click for a new page. Phishers are everywhere. Trackers are on 90% of the sites. Usually I buy one antivirus and run a free one. This year I am going to have to license 2 of them, plus run a free one. I never use defender because I do not trust their updates. Adware is ridiculous, I do not pay for internet to be bombed by solicitation. The add blockers are not doing a good job. Be careful out there!
Jesus Christ... That's masochism on a whole new level.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #4
cue_ball

Smile

Install a Linux distribution.

I recommend Ubuntu 16.04.
cue_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #5
sparkplug

Malware Antibytes for malware detection and removal.

ADWcleaner for removing some things.

Firefox as a browser. Add ghostery and Add Block Plus as add ons.

Defrag your HDD regularly and it will make your PC a lot smoother.

Update everything and be selective where you go and what files you download onto your computer.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #6
soylentgreen

Another vote for Linux (I also like Ubuntu) Free OS, free software, and great support community.
Unfortunately, my older computer can't deal with Firefox (too bad... had used it for years) so I am forced to use Chromium (linux version of Chrome)
Old 15-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
raburgeson

soylentgreen, not to change the subject, your avatar. You know the experiment with column slits and the picture you got amazing.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 04:32 AM   #8
soylentgreen

Rabergeson, thank you for the complement on my avatar. It was first "captain kirk... original series, with him wearing a gas mask" You are the first person to mention my new avatar. I wanted to use one of my own photos and am very into astronomy and the sun. I like to try crazy things with photography, including pin hole and also long exposures at night. 35mm film camera, kodak 800 speed film ( what was in the camera at the time) and made the pinhole myself. The film was high contrast and that actually worked great!