Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David's Political Campaign - Archive

Old 25-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
kennystetson

Default I have an issue with David Icke's book cover

Have any of you guys ever been in the awkward situation when a friend or someone spots the cover of the book your currently reading which happens to be David Icke's: The Biggest secret - The book that will change the world.

This has now hapened to me a few times with different people where it is absolutely impossible to not want to take the piss out of the book cover that looks like some some bullshit thats designed to brainwash gullible people in to believing some random crap that written with the sol purpose of 'selling' and making money. I've got to say this is a classic example of don't judge a book by its cover.

How are you ment to get to the ignorant masses if the book cover alone is so fucking hilarious that theres no way anyone could conceive reading the first page. personally I can look past the book cover but this isn't exactly making it easy for the message to get to the people, it's like a shield protecting the book saying : dont read me I am full of shit.
If only people knew that this book really does hold a lot of interesting and very important information.

I don't know I just believe that if they would have left the cover blank I would have been able to grab peoples atention with it a lot easyer, without sounding preachy or nothing you know?

First of all the title, although very truthfull is waaaaay to direct: THE BIGGEST SECRET - THE BOOK THAT WILL CHANGE THE WORLD and writen in massive orange letters that look like they were straight out of Word 97. On the front cover theres gimmicky pics of some politicians that were 'Hot' topics when the book was released. On the back again there is the one liner "THE BLOCKBUSTER OF ALL BLOCKBUSTERS" and a picture of david with the cheesiest grin youver ever seen.lol
To me these are all the brainwashing tools used in the world today that david actually speaks out against, just doesnt make sence.
Though my best guess is that the cover has nothing to do with david, its probably all down to the editor,
I was just wondering had noticed this?
peace
kennystetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
size_of_light

lol. This is the cover in question:

If it's not working for you, why don't you rip the front and back cover off and pour some coffee over it to enhance it's street cred for your mad mates?

Personally I find his cover designs unique and quirky enough that if I came across them in a bookstore I'd stop and take a look, thinking "What the fuck's this guy on?"

Last edited by size_of_light; 25-03-2009 at 09:58 AM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
kennystetson

lol, Ive considered that option. My friends arent quite mad, just as lost and confused as we all are
Old 25-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennystetson View Post
lol, Ive considered that option. My friends arent quite mad, just as lost and confused as we all are
I loved your OP by the way.
Old 25-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
hellosatellites
Inactive

Lol - i share your issue. I haven't read any of Davids books for aesthetic reasons. I'd be embarassed to be caught dead with one of them. Those covers are so fucking ugly it's surreal.
The only thing of remote aestheticism i've seen of davids, in terms of graphics, is the poster for his talk, Get off your knees Human race, that's cool - the rest looks like it's been made by a 10 year old totally devoid of any artistic sensibility or originality.
The reptilian agenda, and the I am me i am free ones particularly makes my entire brain cringe with objection.

Thanks op. I've needed to come clean with that for a long time

Last edited by hellosatellites; 25-03-2009 at 11:24 AM.
hellosatellites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
kennystetson

Default .

well i thought I had to get that off my shoulders in my first post on this forum.
Same goes to all those cheaply made disclose.com and youtube NWO videos with overly dramatic orchestral music layered over speaches. IT really brakes my balls.
don't get me wrong theres nothing wrong with being cheap as long as it gets the message out, but using music and visuals to emphasize targetted emotions that take the whole thing out of context just makes me feel like theyre tryin to control my perception of reality to instead of just feeding it to me raw on a plate as it is, no sneeky stuff. Sigh...
Old 25-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
size_of_light

Quote:
well i thought I had to get that off my shoulders in my first post on this forum.
Same goes to all those cheaply made disclose.com and youtube NWO videos with overly dramatic orchestral music layered over speaches. IT really brakes my balls.
don't get me wrong theres nothing wrong with being cheap as long as it gets the message out, but using music and visuals to emphasize targetted emotions that take the whole thing out of context just makes me feel like theyre tryin to control my perception of reality to instead of just feeding it to me raw on a plate as it is, no sneeky stuff. Sigh...
I like your thinking. I hate those fucking overwrought youtube clips with their melodramatic music scores too.

Last edited by size_of_light; 25-03-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 25-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
lol. This is the cover in question:

If it's not working for you, why don't you rip the front and back cover off and pour some coffee over it to enhance it's street cred for your mad mates?

Personally I find his cover designs unique and quirky enough that if I came across them in a bookstore I'd stop and take a look, thinking "What the fuck's this guy on?"
Lmao
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
hellosatellites
Inactive

Quote:
Oh god, yes. Lol, don't get me started...
Old 25-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
endlessvista
Inactive

Quote:

Best Icky book. Amazing read. Worth it just for the expose on Tony O'Reilly which nobody here in Ireland knows about but should. The entire book is a real page turner.

Perhaps a picture of a half-naked chick with a Glock revolver pointing at the world with a recommnedation by Tom Clancy would be more to your graphic design tastes? Then you might move on from looking at pictures and actually reading it?

Last edited by endlessvista; 25-03-2009 at 11:20 AM.
endlessvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #11
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessvista View Post
Best Icky book.
I'm not the squeamish type but I remember reading it for the first time at my desk at work and I threw up in my own mouth when he detailed the Satanic child abuse. Until then I didn't even know it was possible to think those things let alone do them.
Old 25-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Perhaps a picture of a half-naked chick with a Glock revolver pointing at the world with a recommnedation by Tom Clancy would be more to your graphic design tastes? Then you might move on from looking at pictures and actually reading it?
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #13
hellosatellites
Inactive

Quote:
Best Icky book. Amazing read. Worth it just for the expose on Tony O'Reilly which nobody here in Ireland knows about but should. The entire book is a real page turner.

Now now now, that's not fair, endlessvista
I think the generel idea here is that Davids work/his books are worthy of more tasteful graphics that would honour his seriousness. The point is not merely replacing one ugly and cheap-looking cover for another type of cheap-looking cover.

David is top class, his book covers should reflect that.

Last edited by hellosatellites; 25-03-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 25-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
endlessvista
Inactive

Quote:
I'm not the squeamish type but I remember reading it for the first time at my desk at work and I threw up in my own mouth when he detailed the Satanic child abuse. Until then I didn't even know it was possible to think those things let alone do them.
Well I know there were crazies in the world, but the fact they are more likely to doctors, judges, polticians doing this stuff made a huge about of sense after read TBS.

I used to work in a very exlusive private 'Gentlemens' club in Dublin on a wine bar in the resturnat and the majority of the patrons were nearly all psychopaths after a few drinks. They all had that same personality type as the guy in the American Psycho movie. An understated viciousness is the only way I can term it.

I can recall one famous Irish doctor celebrated by the Irish establishment as a noble and wonderful soul when he was drunk telling another elite that he was "sick of looking c**ts which were dragging along the floor and how tasty young fillies are coming to his clinic more often". They both burst out laughing. A day later this guy was on the radio going about about post natal care for pregnant women in this caring and sanctimonious manner.

Reading The Briggest Secret connected a lot of dots in my life which never made sense in the past but do now.

Last edited by endlessvista; 25-03-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 25-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
size_of_light

Great post endlessvista. That's the sort of insight I'd like to see more often on this forum.
Old 25-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #16
ytch

Don´t judge a book by it´s cover....

too old to grow up....

Wake Up and Smell The Fish!
ytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #17
endlessvista
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosatellites View Post
Now now now, that's not fair, endlessvista

I was only messin with ya dude.

Peace bro.
Old 25-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #18
hellosatellites
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytch View Post
Don´t judge a book by it´s cover....
Hey - take a look at the lady in # 254 on the
The New "Appreciation of Women" Thread, and tell me you wouldn't hesitate just a little to consult with this lady on spiritual issues. Granted, she may have a firm grasp on reality and be an intellectual giant regarding what's going on in the world but...errm...
In terms of taste, style and class, she is the the walking embodyment of a david icke book cover, and she comes across as just as serious as, say the Reptilian agenda book cover. You'd have to either know her really really well, or be blind, to look past outward appearance, i think. First impressions, and all that. Anyway, check out the lady and let me know what you think And no go judging her by her looks now

Last edited by hellosatellites; 25-03-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 25-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #19
hellosatellites
Inactive

Quote:
I was only messin with ya dude.

Peace bro.
Okay sista you can mess with me anytime

peace and love to you too

Last edited by hellosatellites; 25-03-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 25-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
iamalivingsign

Who was this famous Irish doctor?

I'd say the gits in RTE are jsut as bad, I wonder what dark secrets Gay Byrne has to hide or Pat Kenny? Or that insufferable **** Gerry Ryan.
iamalivingsign is offline   Reply With Quote