Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 15-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Dude111

Thumbs up

http://www.technologyreview.com/read....aspx?id=17102

This is K-RAD!!

I used to build tree forts and stuff but I wouldnt ever imagine doing this!!

Here is the whole article (So ya dont have to join to read it all)

http://news.mit.edu/2006/house

Last edited by Dude111; 15-10-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
peabrain
Inactive

Brilliant idea, I love tree houses,this idea is sound. Too many trees being destroyed.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
tom bombadil

Totally crapy idea.

WTF? As a twee notion to an alternative way to do the norm it looks fine. But it will take ages and yeald minimal outcome.

We have grown and cut plants to use as building materials for millions of years. At no point have we planted a seed and stood there and waited...well mabe some cultural backward group did, but in the wait they soon died out!!!

We have always used what was there first. Yus we replaced but we did not just wait until grown.
I am growing my future firewood, lumber, fruits, nuts, etc as we speak, but I am not NOT using what else there is. I am to plant some 200 trees to replace the lumber I am using for when the home needs rebuilding in the distant future. Thats too long to wait.

I revise my opinion here...it is ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Do we think the Wall St bankers, the queen or the Rockefellers are going to do this? I think not. Its an idea for the slaves. The maintenance would be horrific. And if the trees get a disease your house just dies on you, which is likely with all the geo-engineering that's going on.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
roastpotatoes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
http://www.technologyreview.com/read....aspx?id=17102

This is K-RAD!!

I used to build tree forts and stuff but I wouldnt ever imagine doing this!!

Here is the whole article (So ya dont have to join to read it all)

http://news.mit.edu/2006/house
Did you watch a recent episode of Grand Design on Channel Four? It was about a man who bought a small piece of land full of very old trees in a town he grew up in. He protected all the trees because he loved them and also as per the local council instructions. He built a marvelous luxury tree house with the help of a few friends.

roastpotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:31 AM   #6
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil
Totally crapy idea.

WTF? As a twee notion to an alternative way to do the norm it looks fine. But it will take ages and yeald minimal outcome.
Ya possibly.....

It must feel strange if the trees start swaying back and fourth!!!!

Your right though.... Only full grown THICK trees would be able to sustain it! (And it isnt 100% reliable either)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #7
cosmic tramp

Henry David Thoreau ( author of "Walden or a Life in the Woods" 1854) would have applauded the idea, a self appointed hermit living in the forests of Massachusetts, Thoreau saw no higher calling than a complete affinity with nature in one's dwelling and lifestyle, or as Thoreau puts it:

"(in modern society) man thinks he owns a house. He does not. The house owns him."
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
techman

Let's see the average person go and build a tree house like that and see how long the council/local authority and police turn up demanding him/her to pull it down, usual on the grounds of some made up reason like environmental issues.

I like the idea of being with nature and I'm all for saving wooded areas, but most people don't give a shit about the environment and they easily let the council walk all over them when there is a campaign to stop woodlands being felled or greenbelt land being build on for new "luxury" modern housing estates, which more than likely be tiny hamster sized living space with a a hundred or so other homes squeezed side by side in a 2 and a half acre piece of former farmers field. There was a small campaign in my area a few months ago with a few banners to stop greenbelt being build on, an area which was never used by members of the public, children, etc or even farming equipment. But as per usual they're now building homes on the land. So much for saving the land. I suspect not enough arses were off the sofa from X Factor and the daily enslavement of everyone's convenient lifestyles to do anything about, and besides I doubt any action would've resulted in anything positive - it never does. If a govt, authority or whoever wants something like this, 9 times out of 10 they always get what they want. If they wanted to demolish my house to make way for a road then they could do it and I would have no say in the matter.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #9
tom bombadil

Mark Windows from Windows on the World explained it better than I, but here's what that campaign was really about...

...first have the building company make their OWN 'against' campaigns. Watch as the real folk rally to the call. Watch as meeting after meeting is held until the real folk are fobbed off with platitude after platitude. Watch as the meetings go well...a cording to the lead members. Watch as it all dies down for a year...or two!

Watch as the same contractors now agree behind closed doors to not build so much after all.
Watch as the resistance agrees to the new and improved ideas...not realising that THAT was the plan all along, and any REAL resistance is so small as to be non existent.

That's how it's done.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #10
fairyprincess

How long would it take to plant some trees into a tight rectangle, and let them grow into the all knitted together to form wall.

Then you could stick a glass roof on.....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 09:44 AM   #11
tom bombadil

I see that you want to make one?

Well, good strong trees grow very slowly. But some trees are planted just for their firewood. I planted 150 poplar two and a half years back on a seven year rotation. They will give me a good thickness of limb in that time, but in reality I need them on a ten year cycle in this area.

If one were to do as you suggested and plant them in a square or a circle then you would have to feed them as there would not be enough underground to sustain them and the roots would need to go for yards to find minerals etc. But it can be done.......

However...As soon as you put a Base or a roof to it, in a short time, the movement and growing will mess up your levels! These things might grow another foot in a year on their trunks alone.

Soooooooooo...just plant slower growing trees? They would take half a lifetime.

So sod that

I have seen some planting where bushes and trees have been formed over time. Look online and see ladders, chairs, animals etc.
Old 17-06-2018, 09:46 AM   #12
tom bombadil

I found this.

The video is not mine.

https://youtu.be/PCOS8b5FkL4
Old 22-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #13
wingwang

I watched an article recently about a dude who grows chairs. They take years to grow apparently! Good luck with a house!

wingwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #14
tom bombadil

That is cool.
Old 19-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
decim

Cgi?

Two and a half years later, any progress?

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 07:21 PM   #16
tom bombadil

Well my trees are getting taller and fluffier, but as for the mansion I planted, there is still only the entrance tiled step slowly changing to a checkered pattern, and the coal bunker cast iron cover at the moment, but we are seeing a few bricks blooming which means by this time in seventy years I will be moving in to a Victorian dwelling with sun room on the side and a greenhouse in the garden!