Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening > Awakening The World - Every Heart Makes A Difference

Old 28-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #61
getagrip
Inactive

Good Morning bridgeeteyes

I agree, Lovely words.
My walk did me the world of good yesterday and I have been pondering on 'Be Yourself'
Thank you, GetaGrip
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #62
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Know Yourself that is all we need to do.

bridgeeteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #63
getagrip
Inactive

Default Be . . .

When one thinks of one-self, one thinks "My-self ... that's my body, that's what I call 'my-self', what's like this. And so, I am like that; and then my neighbour, he also is the body. When I speak of another person, I speak of his body." And so, as long as one is in this state, one is the plaything of all possible movements and has no self-control. The body is the last instrument and yet it's this which one calls 'my-self' most of the time, unless one has begun to reflect.

Old 28-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #64
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Thank you getagrip that is one of the most beautiful things I have read in a while.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 28-06-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 28-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #65
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
When one thinks of one-self, one thinks "My-self ... that's my body, that's what I call 'my-self', what's like this. And so, I am like that; and then my neighbour, he also is the body. When I speak of another person, I speak of his body." And so, as long as one is in this state, one is the plaything of all possible movements and has no self-control. The body is the last instrument and yet it's this which one calls 'my-self' most of the time, unless one has begun to reflect.

You know this is so right. I will share with you some 'thoughts' I had only last week. I thought the bodies cells change ever 12 hours or so, over a life time the body we are born with is not the body we inhabit today. All its cells will have changed. I thought my body at birth was a tiny baby, then it changed, it grew so it was not the same. It shall continue to grow and change until in old age it will look nothing like it did as that tiny baby. So which of these bodies am I? The tiny baby body can't have been me as that has now gone, the old age body can't be me as that is not here. Yet throughout all these 'body' changes I am still the same, I am still myself, yet I can not say any of those bodies is really me can I as they keep changing??
Old 28-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #66
getagrip
Inactive

Your thoughts on the body made me think of this;
New Living Translation (©2007)
"Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to your-self.

Depending on how one defines 'Holy Spirit', 'God' & 'love' or 'God = love' Then that is where I see the answer.

I don't follow organised religion but a lot of religious text is a source of truth (and a lot is non-sense) when you take away someone else's definition and replace it with your own 'knowing' and what speaks to you.
perhaps matter does not matter As DI likes to say "We are infinite consciousness having a human experience"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeeteyes View Post
God IS Love
I like this^ it makes me ponder on love as a vibration, which is how I see it.

Last edited by Getagrip; 29-06-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #67
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

After I had wrote God IS Love I realized what I had wrote was not the whole truth.

I should have wrote God IS True Love.

When I say God it must be understood I do not mean God sat on his cloud, the God being that many associate the word God with. The religious God you might say, For me God is the Absolute, call it what you like God, Source, Absolute it is one with various names for me.

Truth must be singular, how can there be two truths ? , so God for me is singular but with many names projected upon it.

This is what I mean when I say God IS true love. Love without an opposite.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #68
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Have just received this in my e mail in box. Seems fitting to post it here. I get weekly reminders from his site in how to remain present. Its amazing as every time I get one it fits exactly to the days needs.

'To love is to recognize yourself in another' Eckhart Tolle
Old 28-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #69
getagrip
Inactive

bridgeeteyes, I enjoy reading your post's you make me think
Hopefully, I can do the same for you but all I can share is how I feel and see thing's which you may or may not agree with, but discussion is always good when it forces us to think and ponder.

Old 28-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #70
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

I was taught by the Buddhist not to talk! They said silence is best so I always have an inner struggle with discussions. It is however very difficult to survive in the world not speaking. I was so compelled to write my opening few posts that I had no choice but to speak. It has definitely healed a rift I had created within, and I thank all members for being so open, loving and accepting. I had planned to just keep it at that, but meeting members such as the ones who've replied has made me stay. Thank you. Unfortunately that said I do have to go back to work next week so whon't be around as much to post.

It was the Buddhists who started me to question where my body was. They said 'point to your body', after a while of 'no that's your arm', 'no that's your head', 'no that's your leg', it became apparent I could not point to my body no matter how I tryed. I still remember it today, I couldn't believe how I had not questioned this before.

Try it, try pointing to your body. You'll find you cant find it!!

One person said 'well I must be a collection of body parts all stuck together', but then they answered that this was not a body, it was just a collection of parts, not a whole so that was not our body either. They also pointed out that if the body were a collection of parts, why is it we can loose up to maybe 70% of these parts and still live. If we pilled up the parts we had removed and placed them next to us, would that collection of parts also be us??? No was the answer because we are no longer in those removed parts. They then said now try find your body in the remaining 30% of body parts you still occupy.

I must admit that particular lesson blew my mind in a way. I pondered over that one for weeks. I still have never been able to actually find my body...how weird is that.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 28-06-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 29-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #71
susannah1
Inactive

Beautiful posts dear friends..
susannah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #72
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Dear Susannah, thank you so much for your presence. Thank you for your friendship.

To my friends and all I send this Heart felt greeting.

We are True Love, we are all One, I am You and You are me.
Never were we two, never were we parted.
There is no need to unite , no need to find each other, we have never split.
We are True Love, all of Us as One.
All I can do is Love You for You are me.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 29-06-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: pic
Old 29-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #73
susannah1
Inactive

Namaste friends.
susannah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #74
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Old 29-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #75
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Deva Premal - Jai Radha Madhav-TouTube

Pure transcendental music to close your eyes to and be taken to that sacred space that lies beyond the mind.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 29-06-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 29-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #76
rosedancer

bridgeeteyes,

Thank you for sharing all those lovely thoughts.

Best wishes.
rosedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #77
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedancer View Post
The now for me is living in the moment. As in, I ask myself “What time is it?” And the answer is “Now!” Then I ask myself, “Where am I?” And the answer is, “Here!”

Dear Rose, I read this today and immediately thought of you and your words.

Ask yourself: Where am I?
Answer: Here.
Ask yourself: What time is it?
Answer: Now.
Say it until you can hear it.
- Ram Dass (Be Here Now)

How amazing is that!!
Old 29-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #78
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

This was also on the same page I read, its so simple yet so helpful. Eckhart Tolle often asks us to name one thing we have done in the past or the future.....we can't because everything we do is done Now. What we do tomorrow will not be done tomorrow it will be done Now.

DON’T THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE.
JUST BE HERE NOW.
DON’T THINK ABOUT THE PAST.
JUST BE HERE NOW.

-Ram Dass (Be Here Now)
Old 29-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #79
getagrip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeeteyes View Post
This was also on the same page I read, its so simple yet so helpful. Eckhart Tolle often asks us to name one thing we have done in the past or the future.....we can't because everything we do is done Now. What we do tomorrow will not be done tomorrow it will be done Now.

DON’T THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE.
JUST BE HERE NOW.
DON’T THINK ABOUT THE PAST.
JUST BE HERE NOW.

-Ram Dass (Be Here Now)
How funny you should post this. I was reading this today; If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the now.
Old 29-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #80
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
How funny you should post this. I was reading this today; If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the now.
Yes I too have read this. Its called something like The Time Trap, trapped in time, falling into time, not free. Freedom is only found in the Now, because the Now is timeless I was asked once to point to the time when the Now begins and the Now ends...I could not because just as I thought I'd caught the start of the Now it was no longer the Now, it had become past. The Now is timeless because it has no beginning and no end. When I was told that my mind stood still it just could not work it out. When I'm in the Now I have no depression, no anxiety, no worries of any kind, then if I feel myself falling back into time I bring myself back. Eckhart says that once you have realized your not in the Now your actually back in the Now

I have the greatest respect for Eckhart Tolle he has helped me through his teachings to deal with a very over active mind constantly trying to pull me into the past/future. I did join one of his local groups about two years ago which gave me access to his many DVD's and fellow seekers, however I had to leave as it became more tea, cakes and chat than meditation and teachings!!!!

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 29-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.