Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 04-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #41
techman

I'm aware that food banks aren't aimed at homeless people as such but rather those who are on hard times. But people who use them must be despetate, but I don't think they use them because they'd be left without a home If they didn't use them, rather they would rather get food free and use the income they do get to use on bills or even the odd luxury item. And it wouldn't surprise me some take advantage of them when they know they can live without them.

Last edited by techman; 04-02-2019 at 08:46 AM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #42
sparkplug

There are a certain section of society near me that do use foodbanks to subsidise their weekends 'activities' shall we say.

But the majority of people that use them must be in a bad way to use them.

God bless this wonderfull government for allowing people to use the wonder of foodbanks, whilst the bankers who suffered so much in the financial crash can't sleep at night wondering where their next million will come from.

Seriously, they go on about the UK being a rich country. It doesn't seem like it to me.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 AM   #43
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
I'm aware that food banks aren't aimed at homeless people as such but rather those who are on hard times. But people who use them must be despetate, but I don't think they use them because they'd be left without a home If they didn't use them, rather they would rather get food free and use the income they do get to use on bills or even the odd luxury item. And it wouldn't surprise me some take advantage of them when they know they can live without them.
The foodbanks I know of require referrals from Citizens Advice, the jobcentre or are linked with employability type programmes, so it's for people on Universal Credit, refugees, and people working part time/0 contract hours. People working full time on £20,00 + p.a cannot just walk in and fill a bag and drive off.

The one I went to is linked to a programme I was on and it was 4 cards they filled in for 4 occasions. I didn't go every week- only when I was really struggling.

People are using foodbanks when they have paid all their bills and have no money left over for food. Gas and electric prices ( and rent) have skyrocketed over the past 5 years and that is what is leaving many people with little/no money left to do their food shops.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 05-02-2019 at 03:36 AM.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:34 AM   #44
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
There are a certain section of society near me that do use foodbanks to subsidise their weekends 'activities' shall we say.

But the majority of people that use them must be in a bad way to use them.
I've heard about some people taking advantage, but people who use foodbanks should be referred from CAB, the job centre or an employability programme and there is a cap on how many times they can go- usually 4 times. It's not meant to be an ongoing thing.

Quote:
God bless this wonderfull government for allowing people to use the wonder of foodbanks, whilst the bankers who suffered so much in the financial crash can't sleep at night wondering where their next million will come from.
Indeed. And guess who keeps the foodbanks going? Not the millionaires and virtue signallers like Lily Allen, but Joe Public. My local Tescos has 2 big trolleys for food bank donations and it is often filled to the top. They also have one for dog food for dog shelters.

Quote:
Seriously, they go on about the UK being a rich country. It doesn't seem like it to me.
Oh it's rich alright but only for a select few. Have you noticed that the likes of Simon Cowell are always on luxury tropical holidays this time of year? The super rich are never here in the winter!

They have a different take on recycling too- to me that is putting an empty butter bean can ( 39p from B and M Bargains) into the recycling wheelie bin. Whereas the Duchess of Cambridge will "recycle" a £4,000 dress - i.e wear it more than once. I am "recycling" on a weekly basis 5- 10 year old charity shop clothes!

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 05-02-2019 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #45
techman

I understand that those that really need food banks require proof. But no doubt people will jump up and start moaning that some are taking advantage; they're probably spiteful because they want free food even though they can clearly afford it. My mum goes shopping every single day and just hoards loads of food, and there's just no room in the cupboard or fridge/freezer. A lot of the time it goes passed its sell by date and I go mad at her for it. Bread just gets wasted. The cupboard is just full to the rim with tins.

Gas and electric is expensive now. My girlfriend is on a meter and tops up a tenner every couple of days. It can be gone in no time when we have to use the heating regularly, either that or don't have the heating on. I don't know how I coped when I was young in a house with no central heating just a gas fire, but I suppose we got used to it. My parents were brought up in the 1940s when we used to have very bad winters, no double glazing and no central heating only a gas or coal fire, outside loo, etc. We just coped back then.

If the people who use banks (I'm not bashing them btw) really do need them, but they have got iboxes, Sky TV, Amazon Fire/Prime, Netflix, or even a computer with internet, then isn't that taking the piss?. I understand the internet has become an essential thing in some ways, like needing a phone, but things like contract iphones and other non-essential items aren't essential IMO. And I bet some run a car.

Where I live, I see no shortage of people who seem to have too much money. Nice front lawns, fancy new 4x4 on the drive that looks like they wash it down every day it's so clean looking, everyone seems to be having a new block paved driveway done every 12 months, brand new front door on every few years (my mums front door must as old as the house as the same door has been on when we moved there in the early 90s lol) costing god knows how much, houses everywhere with conservatories (some of these large ones cost about 20 grand; where are people getting their money from?), etc. Yet most of the people in the neighbourhood are right miserable sods with no community interaction, no one says hello and if you're walking passed someone with your dog and they are coming the other way they'll try and push you off the pavement to get past you. My girlfriend lives on the edge of a council estate and yet the neighbours are really nice.

Last edited by techman; 08-02-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:25 PM   #46
itsnotallrightjack

Thanks for your thoughtful response techman- enjoyed reading it.

Quote:
I understand that those that really need food banks require proof.
Yes, they need a card filled in by Citizens Advice, some other sort of charity, the job centre or an employability type programme. You cannot just walk in and fill a bag and go off with it.

Quote:
But no doubt people will jump up and start moaning that some are taking advantage; they're probably spiteful because they want free food even though they can clearly afford it.
I have seen comments like that online yes ( don't mean this forum).I would rather be able to pay for my food/grocery shops than have to go to food banks.
There is another one I can access- a local organisation where you give them 50p for a bag of donated food. I've only just found out about it- I think the food they get is what would get thrown away by supermarkets and local shops etc. You have to be on a low income/benefits to go. I went the other week but the van man did not turn up due to the snow.

Quote:
My mum goes shopping every single day and just hoards loads of food, and there's just no room in the cupboard or fridge/freezer. A lot of the time it goes passed its sell by date and I go mad at her for it. Bread just gets wasted. The cupboard is just full to the rim with tins.
Gosh my cupboards are never that full lol. My freezer is reasonably full right now as a friend kindly gave me a few quid last week to get shopping so I got some bags of frozen veg and made soup in my crockpot and froze portions in tubs.

(I'm a vegetarian so veg is what I eat a lot of).

I usually only eat one meal a day- a "lunch" about 2pm. Today it was soup, oat crackers with lacto free cheese spread on them, bit of hummus and a bit of raw white cabbage ( I love dunking it in hummus). I also had 4 little oat biscuits ( Nairns) I'd got from B &M Bargains with a cup of black coffee.

Quote:
Gas and electric is expensive now. My girlfriend is on a meter and tops up a tenner every couple of days. It can be gone in no time when we have to use the heating regularly, either that or don't have the heating on.
I barely put my heating on- central heating eats gas like crazy- much more expensive than gas fires. I put it on so I can warm my clothes and pjs at night so they are warmed on radiator, then it gets turned off. I wear many layers of clothes of a day- thick tunic dress, wooly cardi, then a fake fur body warmer over that and a wooly scarf round my neck, one pair of socks with fleecy soft slippers over them, fingerless gloves. Of a night I have a quick shower, put night clothes on ( warmed from radiator) heating goes off, and I sit in bed with the elec blanket on ( middle setting). Blanket is of course off when I am asleep.
I manage to just about keep warm like that. In bed is the warmest of course!

Quote:
I don't know how I coped when I was young in a house with no central heating just a gas fire, but I suppose we got used to it. My parents were brought up in the 1940s when we used to have very bad winters, no double glazing and no central heating only a gas or coal fire, outside loo, etc. We just coped back then.
Same here. I'm 50 and grew up in the 1970s in a council house where we only had the gas fire on in the family sitting room. Winters were lethal back then! I used to wake up with ice on the inside of my bedroom window. There was no loft insulation and mould used to grow on my bedroom wall and water used to run down it. My parents used to put a 1940s paraffin heater given to us by my Grandad ( father's father) in my bedroom for an hour before I went to bed to try to take the chill off. I hated the smell of it and it did little to make the bedroom warm, but they were trying to do something. Councils did nothing about damp, and insulation back then. I had bad catarrh every winter.

As you say we just had to cope and get on with it.

Quote:
If the people who use banks (I'm not bashing them btw) really do need them, but they have got iboxes, Sky TV, Amazon Fire/Prime, Netflix, or even a computer with internet, then isn't that taking the piss?. I understand the internet has become an essential thing in some ways, like needing a phone, but things like contract iphones and other non-essential items aren't essential IMO. And I bet some run a car.

I'd say no to the internet as one needs it for logging onto to one's UC account and doing job search, applications etc. A phone is also needed to be able to ring employers and for them to ring you. Yes to Sky, maybe no to a car if you live in a rural area and would need it to go to job interviews/work. A lot of jobs these days require people to have a car and I've even seen some posts that require people to have smart phones! I haven't one of those, just a basic one that costs me £5 a month on Giffgaff. I am not into mobiles but the job centre likes you to have one so they can text you about appointments.

You can get cheap internet and home phone deals- I have one with EE for £32 a month ( that includes my phone bill). I do not have a TV or car. I cycle or walk, occasionally the bus or train for longer journeys and interviews.

Quote:
Where I live, I see no shortage of people who seem to have too much money. Nice front lawns, fancy new 4x4 on the drive that looks like they wash it down every day it's so clean looking, everyone seems to be having a new block paved driveway done every 12 months, brand new front door on every few years (my mums front door must as old as the house as the same door has been on when we moved there in the early 90s lol) costing god knows how much, houses everywhere with conservatories (some of these large ones cost about 20 grand; where are people getting their money from?), etc.

They must be people with reasonably good jobs. No way anyone on UC could afford all that.

Quote:
Yet most of the people in the neighbourhood are right miserable sods with no community interaction, no one says hello and if you're walking passed someone with your dog and they are coming the other way they'll try and push you off the pavement to get past you. My girlfriend lives on the edge of a council estate and yet the neighbours are really nice.

It's friendly where I live- a lot of social housing flats ( converted in Victorian terraced houses): people who are self employed, retired, working in minimum waged jobs, some looking for work etc. I live in social housing.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 08-02-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #47
techman

I feel really sad for you having to make do with the heating and keep earm like that, you must be really struggling. I don't know homeless people cope with the weather we've had just lately in the UK, and last night were I was was very windy. I know people who can afford to have the heating on during the day when they're not home.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:01 PM   #48
lewi

Lightbulb Its a start...

A group of social entrepreneurs are helping the homeless by transforming shipping containers into homes for rough sleepers.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/09/shipp...eless-8490926/
Old 09-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #49
lewi

Thumbs down kelloway got her way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewi View Post
Conservatives distance themselves from councillor's comments

https://www.indy100.com/article/cons...lloway-8746406
Tent's are being removed...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47178476

Quote:
Homeless tents removed from Cardiff city centre Dozens of tents have appeared on some of the city's busiest shopping streets recently, with warnings that they are causing the homeless to reject help. In January, a Conservative councillor was branded "inhuman" after tweeting the tents should be "torn down". The council said the tents belonged to people who had moved to accommodation and had given consent to remove them. Lydia Thorne, the council's cabinet member for housing, said: "I want to be very clear that we are not removing occupied tents.

"We want to support people and to help them get back on their feet. Helping people off the streets is not an easy task at any time because of the complex problems they often have, but there is enough accommodation for rough sleepers in Cardiff. "We can deliver tailored recovery packages to rebuild their lives and we've already helped 204 people last year into accommodation, people who were once out there in the same position."
None of the 204 rehoused people was available from last year to make a comment in the article.

Last edited by lewi; 09-02-2019 at 06:17 PM.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #50
elpressiedente

I think its good relations to get 'wet'.

Getting 'wet' is a nice part of Life and I am sure there are lots of whitie women who will not encourage dryness and shall willingly preform wetness duties to all these darkies staying dry.
After all in tents wetness matters.
elpressiedente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #51
motleyhoo

One of my vices I guess you could say is often watching "PD Live" on TV when I am bored on weekend nights. It's really funny to notice that the most Liberal state, California, has by far the most homeless people living in tents and boxes. They try to hide it by letting them live inside and behind abandoned industrial areas. Just more proof that Marxism does not work and never has.
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:56 AM   #52
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
I feel really sad for you having to make do with the heating and keep earm like that, you must be really struggling. I don't know homeless people cope with the weather we've had just lately in the UK, and last night were I was was very windy. I know people who can afford to have the heating on during the day when they're not home.
Thank you techman- yes it's a struggle but a couple of friends help me out sometimes. I do not like to ask, as I like to provide for myself, but I'm grateful.

At least I'm not homeless and have a very nice flat with a housing co operative with cheap rent. I'm very grateful for that- waited many years to get it though.

People can afford to have heating on when they are out?! OMG I dread to think how much their bills are costing them.

I'm trying to get a big bill paid off and switch to another one- I am a low user but the tariff is a costly one and unaffordable for me.

I'm working towards being self employed so hope that in a couple of years I'll be earning about £200 a week.

Rod Serling.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:00 AM   #53
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewi View Post
A group of social entrepreneurs are helping the homeless by transforming shipping containers into homes for rough sleepers.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/09/shipp...eless-8490926/

I saw an article on this in the Daily Mail online about 4 years ago- think that was in the USA they were doing it.

Fair play the man in this article for doing this- a great idea. Very kind of him to do this.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 10-02-2019 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #54
techman

At the end of the day noone gives a shot about homeless people. They are often seen by most as either people who can't help themselves, drug addicts, people who don't want to confirm and live by rules and pay their own way, etc. They never consider that they were just like everyone else living in a normal life, in a job, and then next they hit financial trouble through loss of job and then home.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #55
elpressiedente

Quote:
At the end of the day noone gives a shot about homeless people. They are often seen by most as either people who can't help themselves, drug addicts, people who don't want to confirm and live by rules and pay their own way, etc. They never consider that they were just like everyone else living in a normal life, in a job, and then next they hit financial trouble through loss of job and then home.
Apparently we call this EVOLUTION and such occurrences are a necessary part of this process.

When those who cant keep up get too great in number an evolutionary event thins em out. In this millennia its street life and feces regardless of what city one visits. Stay tuned. Buy popcorn its going to get more evolutionary in nature with the rats still breeding like there's plenty of Monsanto food for all.
elpressiedente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #56
sparkplug

Quote:
That needs putting on a banner or on a TV advert. Nail massively on the head with that statement!
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #57
lewi

Lightbulb