Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Vaccinations / Big Pharma / Bio-Warfare

Old 17-10-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
pri01

Default Prescription promotion, I'm astounded

I have recently visited USA and I am shocked by the number of advertisements they have on TV for prescription drugs.

It's as if they are encouraging a needy sick and vulnerable society.

Additionally, loans and Lawyers are heavily promoted.

The land of the free? I don't really think so.
pri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 05:16 AM   #2
ripe4change

Yes, the lawyers are advertising looking for new
clients who were injured by Pharma..
ripe4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
kizzie
Registered Users

Yes I see these when I was over there a fair few years ago now.

Ask your Dr for this pill or that pill.
Found it really strange to see
kizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
andy1033

Never been there, but sounds like alot of hypochondriacs to me.

1) They suggest you have this problem, through constant adverts.
2) You goto doc and tell them the symptoms that you think that disease is or has.
3) You get drugged up by the docs and pharma, and they make loads.

I have never been to america or want to go there, but it sure sounds like alot of suggestive advertising leading to people being hypochondriacs. Are alot of those people really ill, or just given the suggestion they are?

We are all sick in some way, so that is why they probably have so many on drugs. While in other countries alot would never goto docs with there symptoms, these docs in america are probably raking it in with alot of poorly diagnosed problems, leading to prescription drugs.

I have never been to the doctor since school.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true

Last edited by andy1033; 17-10-2015 at 08:35 AM.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
kizzie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1033 View Post
Never been there, but sounds like alot of hypochondriacs to me.

1) They suggest you have this problem, through constant adverts.
2) You goto doc and tell them the symptoms that you think that disease is or has.
3) You get drugged up by the docs and pharma, and they make loads.

I have never been to america or want to go there, but it sure sounds like alot of suggestive advertising leading to people being hypochondriacs. Are alot of those people really ill, or just given the suggestion they are?

We are all sick in some way, so that is why they probably have so many on drugs. While in other countries alot would never goto docs with there symptoms, these docs in america are probably raking it in with alot of poorly diagnosed problems, leading to prescription drugs.

I have never been to the doctor since school.

That is the problem of paying Drs .. We would just get a cold stare in the UK if we said we think we have this.. and want you to prescribe this for it.
kizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #6
andy1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzie View Post
That is the problem of paying Drs .. We would just get a cold stare in the UK if we said we think we have this.. and want you to prescribe this for it.
Too right.

But from what i gather, its what ads are about in usa. They are suggesting so many things, and they know practically everyone has some sort of illness. So those ads will effect everyone who sees them in some way, and they must be making fortunes out of it.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
white light

And I thought the food over there was bad enough. Perhaps they need the meds to counteract the food.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:57 AM   #8
dumbcritic

I bet doctors would support a ban on the "ask your doctor" commercials, contrary to the belief of some people that doctors profit from prescribing drugs. People think they know more than their doctor. "I don't want warfarin Dr. Jones, because according to Jack Nicholson, Xarelto is better and safer, and Jack really tells the truth."
''Chlorine is a deadly poison gas employed on European battlefields in World War I. Sodium is a corrosive metal which burns upon contact with water. Together they make a placid and unpoisonous material, table salt. Why each of these substances has the properties it does is a subject called chemistry'' - Carl Sagan

Why is it that the loudest critics of ''Big Pharma'' are Big Placebo?

Last edited by dumbcritic; 05-11-2015 at 03:58 AM.
dumbcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #9
ufochick

Used to be there were local businesses advertising. Not any more. The local and family owned businesses have been put out of business by the corporations or purchased by them.

American is slowly shutting down as the huge corporations buy up all the small businesses. Already there are not enough jobs because of this and we manufacture nothing here anymore.

We run a small business to business printing company, about 1/3 of our clients have been purchased by big corps in the last 5 years and the trend continues.

All the ads you see on American TV are for those giant corporations. Big pharma included.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #10
guivre
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbcritic View Post
I bet doctors would support a ban on the "ask your doctor" commercials, contrary to the belief of some people that doctors profit from prescribing drugs. People think they know more than their doctor. "I don't want warfarin Dr. Jones, because according to Jack Nicholson, Xarelto is better and safer, and Jack really tells the truth."
No they wouldn't because a lot of them funding for studies among other things, from pharmaceutical companies. This an older example, about sleeping pills, but it still applies:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/200...51000sleep.htm
guivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #11
chud66

doctors enjoy a total impunity unless they set about a vip, and it dates from the time they were hired to exterminate kings and their lineage

by our time the purpose is the terminate the elders who cost insurances so much money

Last edited by chud66; 12-11-2015 at 12:23 AM.
chud66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:39 PM   #12
ufochick

Here the Drs are wined, dined and bribed into handing out certain drugs. My MD told me so in person. They have quotas to fill as far as drugs go. They are supposed to hand out x number of samples. I always take mine then toss them.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #13
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by pri01
I have recently visited USA and I am shocked by the number of advertisements they have on TV for prescription drugs.
Yes the big pharma community has ppl by the balls...... RAKING IN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS YEARLY!!

Last edited by Dude111; 13-11-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2015, 04:48 AM   #14
dumbcritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guivre View Post
No they wouldn't because a lot of them funding for studies among other things, from pharmaceutical companies. This an older example, about sleeping pills, but it still applies:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/200...51000sleep.htm
Major US doctors group urges ban on drug ads http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...jEw?li=BBgzzfc Things are changing (hopefully) in the US

Also most of the funding of research comes from you and me. 'Why Pharma Needs the NIH' http://www.ascb.org/why-pharma-needs-the-nih/
''Chlorine is a deadly poison gas employed on European battlefields in World War I. Sodium is a corrosive metal which burns upon contact with water. Together they make a placid and unpoisonous material, table salt. Why each of these substances has the properties it does is a subject called chemistry'' - Carl Sagan

Why is it that the loudest critics of ''Big Pharma'' are Big Placebo?

Last edited by dumbcritic; 19-11-2015 at 04:52 AM.
dumbcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #15
evil edna

Quote:
contrary to the belief of some people that doctors profit from prescribing drugs.
In 2004, family quacks were getting £50,000 a year in Big Pharma bribes.
That was 11 years ago.
Has the bribery stopped now, dumbcritic? No. Didn't think so.

From: http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/HoC_Sel...nto_Pharma.htm
Quote:
Without doubt, this is an explosive issue. Evidence given to the Health Select Committee told of payments to medical consultants by the pharmaceutical industry of £5,000 plus expenses for a one hour talk (with the audience being unaware that speakers were in the pay of the industry) and of senior doctors receiving consultancy fees from drug companies of more than £20,000 for a few hours’ work.

A senior consultant (Dr Peter Wilmshurst, consultant cardiologist, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital) told the Inquiry that this was common practice, and that the sums offered to him for a few hours work were £22,000, this being the level of payment made by drug companies to consultants such as himself, but professors could earn “considerably more”. The same consultant told the Inquiry he had been offered a bribe of two years’ salary not to publish research on a new drug that was not in the interests of the drug company that produced it.

MPs were informed that the industry arranged for doctors in their pay to receive free massage and to have their portrait painted, and that the most important “opinion-leaders” are taken abroad by drug companies and offered fees for consultancy work.

MPs were told that family doctors’ practices can make profits of over £50,000 per year from drug companies and that doctors are inundated with gifts from the pharmaceutical industry. Professor David Healy, Head of Psychological Medicine, University of Cardiff, said “People like me come out of meeting halls with our arms stuffed full of bags of free gifts”.

Explaining about such payments, Professor Healy said: “The industry is very clever at how they organise these things. If I am working in a consultant capacity for one of the pharmaceutical companies, I will have had media training often. Let’s say some issue blows up and the media gets told ‘You can approach Dr Healy’. I will be able to say, and the media and the pharmaceutical company will be able to say, ‘No money passed hands’. The money comes from elsewhere; it actually comes from the trips to the Caribbean; it comes from being asked to chair meetings which involve no work at all; it comes from having my papers written for me and then I am paid as though I have written the papers. That is where the money comes from”.
Quote:
People think they know more than their doctor
Stupid lot, aren't we! Thank God for Big Pharma, helping our doctors what to think!

----

Last edited by evil edna; 20-12-2015 at 07:34 PM.
evil edna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #16
even_keel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pri01 View Post

It's as if they are encouraging a needy sick and vulnerable society.

Additionally, loans and Lawyers are heavily promoted.

The land of the free? I don't really think so.
This is something I have noticed with Americans, and I don't want to be stereotypical here, but having worked with a few over the years, I have found them to be walking pharmacies.
even_keel is offline   Reply With Quote