Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 28-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
1eyeopen

Default What do you think to this.

Hi all.

My son is 19 months old and over the last three months he's developed a habit of laughing his little head off when he's in his cot. He's in absolute fits of laughter when this happens and when you go into check on him he's just laying there on his back looking up. When I open the door his laughter calms but he's still clearly very excited. If you leave the room, at sometime in the next 10 minutes, he'll start again.

Now this is bit that freaked me out at first. The first night it happened I'd been into him twice when he started again. I went back into his room and settled him down then said very calmly "That's enough now. He's supposed to be going to sleep" I shut the door and didn't hear a peep from him again that night. It's the same everytime it happens, I'll go in once then when he starts again I'll go back in and say something along the lines of "You've had your fun it's time for him to sleep" and he doesn't laugh again.

Sorry, going back to the first time it happened. The next day We were getting ourselves ready to go out for a meal with the little one downstairs chilling in his high chair when once again he bursts into laughter. I crept down the first 3 stairs then sat watching him as he stared right infront of him while laughing and pulling his blanket above his head (which is his "Where's he gone" game) then pulling it back down and reacting as though he was playing his game with someone but obviously there was no-one there (that i could see)

I like to think that he's being visited by his grandparents who didn't live to see him. But I'd like some opinions.

Could this be explained away as normal behavior for a 19 month old?
1eyeopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
size_of_light

Bloody astral grandparents!

All the fun, none of the responsibility!
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
eternalwheel
Inactive

They might be willing to babysit if asked.

It's an interesting possibility though. Might be worth taking some photos of him when he is doing it. A friend of mine showed me some pics a few years ago of his baby nephew who did this, and there were some definite streaks of light in the photos, showing 'something' travelling around the room leaving a trail, like an elongated golf ball.
eternalwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
ekim

If your intuition says it's the grandparents then it probably is. After my daughter was born her parents from her previous life spent alot of time with her, they cared so much for her they wanted to help her adust to this world once again.

This is very normal as children are much more connected to other realms than adults. If laughter is the result of these visits no harm is being done.
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 06:26 AM   #5
halliburton crusher
Inactive

i agree with ekim.

Last edited by halliburton crusher; 29-09-2009 at 06:26 AM.
halliburton crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyeopen View Post
Hi all.

My son is 19 months old and over the last three months he's developed a habit of laughing his little head off when he's in his cot. He's in absolute fits of laughter when this happens and when you go into check on him he's just laying there on his back looking up. When I open the door his laughter calms but he's still clearly very excited. If you leave the room, at sometime in the next 10 minutes, he'll start again.

Now this is bit that freaked me out at first. The first night it happened I'd been into him twice when he started again. I went back into his room and settled him down then said very calmly "That's enough now. He's supposed to be going to sleep" I shut the door and didn't hear a peep from him again that night. It's the same everytime it happens, I'll go in once then when he starts again I'll go back in and say something along the lines of "You've had your fun it's time for him to sleep" and he doesn't laugh again.

Sorry, going back to the first time it happened. The next day We were getting ourselves ready to go out for a meal with the little one downstairs chilling in his high chair when once again he bursts into laughter. I crept down the first 3 stairs then sat watching him as he stared right infront of him while laughing and pulling his blanket above his head (which is his "Where's he gone" game) then pulling it back down and reacting as though he was playing his game with someone but obviously there was no-one there (that i could see)

I like to think that he's being visited by his grandparents who didn't live to see him. But I'd like some opinions.

It could be just plain simple memory enactment .

I still laugh at some memmories ----maybe they might be doing the same .

but then -------------kids aint conditioned yet , so they tend to see the world in a more simpler way .

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #7
truth finder

Don't be afraid, but i agree get the camera out...

When i was a bub i had a friend, a medium told my mum it was a little Aboriginal boy, mum said i would argue with him and play with him..

But if your child is laughing and smiling i think its a nice ( Casper )...

I've always believed children are able to see and read people better then adults as there inocennt....

But again i agree set the camera up
Old 29-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
1eyeopen

Thanks for replying everyone.

The laughing at memories is a definite possibility and I didn't even think of it to be honest.

It's a nice thought that it's his grandparents but I'll never know.

I only posted because I wanted a response that wasn't "Dont be stupid, he's a baby, they laugh" because that's all I've got from friends.

I've not been scared by any of it, it just freaked me out a bit when I said "That's enough" not really believing he would and he did, every time.

I know babies are more perceptive of things and there have been instances before when babies or todlers in my family have claimed to see things, in one of them going by what the child said there is no doubt it was his great nan, "Lady with a Christmas hat keeps away the bad man". My elder cousin saw "the bad man" one night when he was about 16. Woke up on the sofa to an old man with glasses leaning over the back looking right into his eyes, said he felt "instant terror" pulled his sheet over his head and screamed for his brother.

I'll make a dive for camera next time, see if anything shows up and post here if it does.

Thanks for replying again, it was nice getting genuine opinions instead of being pretty much laughed at.

Last edited by 1eyeopen; 29-09-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 17-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #9
biblegirl

That's a lovely story, I wonder what exactly babies are laughing at when they do this, it is VERY common for them to laugh or carry on conversations with what appears to be an empty room. I wonder if they can see orbs dancing around perhaps and this makes them laugh like it is part of a game. Endearing story though, it is good of you to notice these things and question them rather than brush them off as nothing of significance .
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
1eyeopen

And almost 2 years later I have an update.

As I said back in my OP in 2009 his grandparents (my parents) died before he was born, way before he was born. We moved into this house when my son was 6 weeks old and the first thing I did was stand a picture of my Mum and Dad on the shelf behind the sofa and that's where it has sat ever since.

My son has shown these photos no interest at any point in the last 3 years, me and my partner have not showed these photos to him or offered any kind of explanation as to who these people are. Partly because it breaks my heart to even think about talking to him about his dead grandparents who he'll never get to meet but mostly because he's just to young to be introduced to death (which he wouldn't understand anyway) and I don't want to confuse him.

This morning I was dusting the living room and I picked up the photo of my parents, my son happened to be sitting on the sofa listening to 3 Little Birds while eating his breakfast, the photo was close to him and he looked at it, he smiled and with no hesitation he proudly announced to me "that's my nanny AND my granddad"

I've been thinking it over all day and I cant explain it. He should not know who those people are.... but he does.
Old 15-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #11
hadabusa
Banned

Quote:
Hi all.

he started smoking weed, simple.
hadabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
1eyeopen

Quote:
And almost 2 years later I have an update.

As I said back in my OP in 2009 his grandparents (my parents) died before he was born, way before he was born. We moved into this house when my son was 6 weeks old and the first thing I did was stand a picture of my Mum and Dad on the shelf behind the sofa and that's where it has sat ever since.

My son has shown these photos no interest at any point in the last 3 years, me and my partner have not showed these photos to him or offered any kind of explanation as to who these people are. Partly because it breaks my heart to even think about talking to him about his dead grandparents who he'll never get to meet but mostly because he's just to young to be introduced to death (which he wouldn't understand anyway) and I don't want to confuse him.

This morning I was dusting the living room and I picked up the photo of my parents, my son happened to be sitting on the sofa listening to 3 Little Birds while eating his breakfast, the photo was close to him and he looked at it, he smiled and with no hesitation he proudly announced to me "that's my nanny AND my granddad"

I've been thinking it over all day and I cant explain it. He should not know who those people are.... but he does.
Quoting myself in case people skip straight to page 2 and miss my update