Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New World Order / Global Government

Old 05-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
decode reality
Inactive

Default THE INVADERS 60s tv series

Has anyone seen THE INVADERS? In some ways, it's more overtly sci fi than They Live but some of the episodes share very similar themes. It used to be on DEF II (BBC2 early 1990s).....then Channel 5 started showing them at 4am on a Sunday morning, that was about 5 years ago.... I viewed it first as a great sci-fi, a darker version of Star Trek but it took on other meanings second time 'round, after I'd read Icke's work.

Here's the intro:

Last edited by decode reality; 05-08-2009 at 11:31 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
john connor

Used to stay up late and watch it as a kid...stiff little finger wasnt it...the only way you could tell them apart unless you shot them and they would vanish...a Quinn Martin production if my memory serves me...did the series ever have a conclusion?
john connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
truthspoon
Banned

Spookiest show ever.... Though I think it's about masons personally. From what I remember the only way to identify the Invaders was because their little fingers were weird, like the Yakuza gangsters in Japan.

I guess it could equally have been an allegory for communism...

Wasn't David Vincent an 'architect'....hmmmm.

Last edited by truthspoon; 05-08-2009 at 11:41 AM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by john connor View Post
Used to stay up late and watch it as a kid...stiff little finger wasnt it...the only way you could tell them apart unless you shot them and they would vanish...a Quinn Martin production if my memory serves me...did the series ever have a conclusion?
It never had a conclusion....and I think 42 episodes were made, most of them being very good.....it covered so many things that I've since read about, inflitration of government, military, holographic theory, HAARP, controlled opposition, religion as a front....I'd receommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
john connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Spookiest show ever.... Though I think it's about masons personally. From what I remember the only way to identify the Invaders was because their little fingers were weird, like the Yakuza gangsters in Japan.

yeah he was..."a man too long without sleep"....and they used to put those round things on the back of peoples necks to make it look like a heart attack
john connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:

I wasn't aware of the Yakuza, must read up on them....

It did feed into that whole west versus eastern bloc/cold war paranoia of that period, it definitely will have planted some seeds...but I think the underlying theme was more the secret society network than U.S.A versus Communism.

The architecht thing is something a few friends of mine have also picked up on.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by john connor View Post
yeah he was..."a man too long without sleep"....and they used to put those round things on the back of peoples necks to make it look like a heart attack
They were ruthless...they'd stop at nothing to achieve their aim!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
truthspoon
Banned

The Yakuza have the tips of their little fingers chopped off if they do anything against the group. This meant historically that they were less able to hold their swords and became more dependent on the group for self defence....

I don't know if this relates to the Invaders' stiff little finger...

Why did they have stiff little finger anyway?

Last edited by truthspoon; 05-08-2009 at 12:02 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
decode reality
Inactive

Thumbs up The Invaders (60s tv series)

Back in the early 1990s I used to watch The Invaders, a 60s 'sci fi' series. Every Wednesday, 6pm on BBC2. it was like a darker version of Star Trek. At the time, I really enjoyed it on a sci fi level.

Then in 2004, Channel 5 also began showing re-runs, at some mad hour (4am on Sunday mornings). What struck me on watching it second time around was how much it mirrored what I was reading about the nwo agenda from David Icke and others. Elite infiltration of military, government, HAARP, religion as a front, holographic reality. Whoever wrote that was onto something.

Great viewing if you can check it out. Go beyond the 'little green men' stuff and you'll see what I mean.

It's also got some of the best theme music I've ever heard!

Old 12-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
haukipesukone

Wow, I've heard the name Invaders but never watched it. I should.
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by haukipesukone View Post
Wow, I've heard the name Invaders but never watched it. I should.
It goes into so many themes of the agenda and it's amazing, to say that it's from 1967. It's very much like They Live, if you could imagine that film if it was serialized.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
dreamweaver

You can find the entire series online if you look in the right places . It's a good concept but the plots do get very repetitive and formulaic (just like the original Star Trek).

One interesting thing to note is that Roy Thinnes, who played the lead character David Vincent, is a firm believer in UFOs himself to this day. He also played a character in the X-Files.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
consciousness
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Back in the early 1990s I used to watch The Invaders, a 60s 'sci fi' series. Every Wednesday, 6pm on BBC2. it was like a darker version of Star Trek. At the time, I really enjoyed it on a sci fi level.

Then in 2004, Channel 5 also began showing re-runs, at some mad hour (4am on Sunday mornings). What struck me on watching it second time around was how much it mirrored what I was reading about the nwo agenda from David Icke and others. Elite infiltration of military, government, HAARP, religion as a front, holographic reality. Whoever wrote that was onto something.

Great viewing if you can check it out. Go beyond the 'little green men' stuff and you'll see what I mean.

It's also got some of the best theme music I've ever heard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqs_0SBbPD0
Dammit. I was very close to buying this series. Maybe i should consider it again...
consciousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #14
pert
Inactive

Quote:
Why did they have stiff little finger anyway?
It was a mutation or something. I think this show must have influenced the new series of V the way the Vs combust when they take those pills and the way Vs experiencing emotions is seen as an unwanted mutation
pert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
soleil

A great series! It was frustraing to watch because the aliens would often be on the point of being exposed when a key witness would be suicided or killed.
soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #16
alienbiketrail

Quote:
Has anyone seen THE INVADERS? In some ways, it's more overtly sci fi than They Live but some of the episodes share very similar themes. It used to be on DEF II (BBC2 early 1990s).....then Channel 5 started showing them at 4am on a Sunday morning, that was about 5 years ago.... I viewed it first as a great sci-fi, a darker version of Star Trek but it took on other meanings second time 'round, after I'd read Icke's work.

Here's the intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLrkqh6gkT0
The original was ahead of it's time... imo
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
tru3

Smile

Quote:

Here's the intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLrkqh6gkT0
omg. a blast from the past. yes! i used to watch it when i was a kid. very fuzzy, don't remember it well, but roy thinnes was like "the fugitive" of et's.

no one armed alien, though, as far as i can remember.

i remember chris carter cast roy thinnes as the et who worked at the social security administration in "the x-files". he was a benign et, as i remember.
tru3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
newworldengineer

Location: Caught up at the border of the living and the dead.

yeh that programme has always been at the back of my mind, I remember watching it with my dad when my mum went to do her weekly shopping but my memory is also hazy on it's content, but Decode were the storylines really that deep?! I might make a mission of watching them again! I do remember it creeping me out as a kid but that's why I enjoyed watching it
"Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function" - Terrence Mckenna

http://www.youtube.com/redherringmedia
newworldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
decode reality
Inactive

Old 25-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
the apprentice
Inactive

Those stiff little fingers used to keep me awake every time I watched an episode
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote