Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #41
pinkfreud
Inactive

Default Vedic Maths and the Spiritual Dimension- III

V. Poetry in Math

One of the foremost exponents of Vedic math, the late Bharati Krishna Tirtha Maharaja, author of Vedic Mathematics, has offered a glimpse into the sophistication of Vedic math.

Drawing from the prehistoric Atharva-veda, Tirtha Maharaja points to many sutras (codes) or aphorisms which appear to apply to every branch of mathematics: arithmetic, algebra, geometry (plane and solid), trigonometry (plane and spherical), conics (geometrical and analytical), astronomy, calculus (differential and integral), etc.

Utilizing the techniques derived from these sutras, calculations can be done with incredible ease and simplicity in one's head in a fraction of the time required by modern means. Calculations normally requiring as many as a hundred steps can be done by the Vedic method in one single simple step.

For instance, the conversion of the fraction 1/29 to its equivalent recurring decimal notation would 'normally' involve 28 steps. Utilizing the Vedic method it can be calculated in one simple step.

In order to illustrate how secular and spiritual life were intertwined in Vedic India, Tirtha Maharaja has demonstrated that mathematical formulas and laws were often taught within the context of spiritual expression (mantra). Thus while learning spiritual lessons, one could also learn mathematical rules.

Tirtha Maharaja has pointed out that Vedic mathematicians prefer to use the devanagari letters of Sanskrit to represent the various numbers in their numerical notations rather than the numbers themselves, especially where large numbers are concerned.

This made it much easier for the students of this math in their recording of the arguments and the appropriate conclusions.

Tirtha Maharaja states:

"In order to help the pupil to memorize the material studied and assimilated, they made it a general rule of practice to write even the most technical and abstruse textbooks in sutras or in verse (which is so much easier- even for the children to memorize).

And this is why we find not only theological, philosophical, medical, astronomical, and other such treatises, but even huge dictionaries in Sanskrit verse. So from this standpoint, they used verse, sutras and codes for lightening the burden and facilitating the work (by versifying scientific and even mathematical material in a readily assimilable form)"

The code used is as follows:

The Sanskrit consonants-

ka, ta, pa, and ya all denote 1;
kha, tha, pha, and ra all represent 2;
ga, da, ba, and la all stand for 3;
Gha, dha, bha, and va all represent 4;
gna, na, ma, and sa all represent 5;
ca, ta, and sa all stand for 6;
cha, tha, and sa all denote 7;
ja, da, and ha all represent 8;
jha and dha stand for 9; and
ka means zero.

Vowels make no difference and it is left to the author to select a particular consonant or vowel at each step.

This great latitude allows one to bring about additional meanings of his own choice. For example: kapa, tapa, papa, and yapa all mean 11.

By a particular choice of consonants and vowels one can compose a poetic hymn with double or triple meanings.

Here is an actual sutra of religious content, as well as secular mathematical significance:

gopi bhagya madhuvrata
srngiso dadhi sandhiga
khala jivita khatava
gala hala rasandara

While this verse is a type of petition to Krishna, when learning it one can also learn the value of pi/10 (i.e. the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter divided by 10) to 32 decimal places. It has a self-contained master-key for extending the evaluation to any number of decimal places!

The translation is as follows:

O Lord anointed with the yogurt of the milkmaids' worship (Krishna), O savior of the fallen, O master of Shiva, please protect me.

At the same time, by application of the consonant code given above, this verse directly yields the decimal equivalent of pi divided by 10: pi/10 = 0.31415926535897932384626433832792.

(thanks, astrochicken )

Thus, while offering mantric praise to a deity in devotion, by this method one can also add to memory significant math theorems.

Imagine what numbers could do if one chose to put aside mere religious connotations and focus on pure spirituality instead.

This is the real gist of the Vedic world view regarding the culture of knowledge: while culturing transcendental knowledge, one can also come to understand the intricacies of the phenomenal world. By the process of knowing the absolute truth, all relative truths also become known.

In modern society today it is often contended that never the twain shall meet: science and religion are at odds.

This erroneous conclusion is based on little understanding of either discipline.

Science is the smaller circle within the larger circle of spirituality.

edit: i'd urge people to check the link i've pasted all this from- the url is in post #39. i promise you won't be disappointed with the volume of info on there.

jain is another man to watch out for.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 02-03-2009 at 05:16 PM.
pinkfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #42
astrochicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfreud View Post
V. Poetry in Math

Poetry it is.

At present i can really only appreciate the mathematical aspect, despite
their attempts to ruin my education through schooling.

Loveya pink, i will have questions a plenty.. sanskrit is, like latin, a *dead* language though right?

I've had wierd dreams of late.. and for some obscure reason i've had this urge *implanted*
to get my arse off to kailash for a wander. I'd never heard of it before, i don't even recall subconcsiously reading
anything where it was mentioned.. i just woke up and googled kailash. lol
Spike Milligan - "A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree."
Robert Burns - "The fear o' hell's a hangman's whip,To haud the wretch in order"

Last edited by astrochicken; 03-03-2009 at 06:57 AM.
astrochicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #43
starstuff

Sorry I haven't read this thread in its entirety yet, it's on my "to do" list along with quite a few others, so hopefully my question hasn't already been answered. If it has please let me know and I'll find it when I read through it.

I was wondering about sudoku. It's something I really enjoy doing, but it occurred to me today that I might in fact be filling in some kind of magic square and sending my energies somewhere. Am I just being overly paranoid (seems like everything I enjoy doing is corrupted and controlled by the NWO atm!) or is there something to this?
starstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
branjo

Thumbs up Vedic math is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstuff View Post
Sorry I haven't read this thread in its entirety yet, it's on my "to do" list along with quite a few others, so hopefully my question hasn't already been answered. If it has please let me know and I'll find it when I read through it.

I was wondering about sudoku. It's something I really enjoy doing, but it occurred to me today that I might in fact be filling in some kind of magic square and sending my energies somewhere. Am I just being overly paranoid (seems like everything I enjoy doing is corrupted and controlled by the NWO atm!) or is there something to this?
As long as you are thinking out of the box (no sudoku pun intended), your doing your own work for "you". Looking at the ever growing media crap about math scores being the lowest ever n such, just makes me think well the method you teach these kids is boring and unethical if they are going to be tested on the final answers then what should it matter how they get there just as long as they do actually get there. Even going to work in a mundane job super controlled by the empire or nwo, if you do it with a smile on your face your basically disobeying their rules, they don't want you happy or they lose control of you. Just like they have us in schools wasting so much time with things that will never concern us so they don't have a mass influx of young people knowing that the shit they say and do just doesn't add up...lol

Vedic math has me absolutely amazed at its simplicity and beauty. I thank the OP for making the post, a shinning Positive in a sea of negative.

In the top 5 of threads for me

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrochicken View Post
I've had wierd dreams of late.. and for some obscure reason i've had this urge *implanted*
to get my arse off to kailash for a wander. I'd never heard of it before, i don't even recall subconcsiously reading
anything where it was mentioned.. i just woke up and googled kailash. lol
If you went to such a place based on a dream, that would be a brave thing and probably the most exhilarating experience of your life,
if you have the means I would go for it. Just googled it too and it looks amazing, and in a deeply spiritual part of the world to boot.
Hope they have the internet there, so you can tell us about it..lol

Last edited by branjo; 03-03-2009 at 08:03 PM.
branjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #45
pinkfreud
Inactive

Default music and math

thanks for the encouragement guys! it only pushes me to look more into the little details and come up with something really interesting.

starstuff, i don't think you'd be 'giving away' your energy as such by doing sudoku- it's cool as fuck and even though i don't try my hand at it, i'm aware that it sharpens your brain, to put it generally. sudoku is but a magic square, if you read through the earlier pages you'll find my posts on magic squares and their application as far back as the sumerian civilisation.

when you think of it, even the rubix cube is just another form of a magic square. i also personally think jigsaw puzzles are also loosely based on magic squares. notice how these 3 tools (sudoku, rubix cube, jigsaws) tend to increase your concentration and are considered to be 'intellectual' toys, or whatever you choose to call it.

here's a series of paintings based on magic squares http://www.principlesofnature.net/ga...structures.htm

also, if you look to the menu on the left you can see that this guy's artwork is all math / geometry based. this could also be the foundation for 'abstract art'? i don't know.

albrecht durer's famous painting melancolia is actually centered around a magic square and has so many hidden symbols in it, it's mind boggling. i've also read somewhere that melancolia is a work of art that's more often than not revered in freemasonsry. i may be wrong here, but if it were i wouldn't be surprised.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

i also cannot stress enough when i say that everything in life is connected to math. i remember reading jayelowell's nassim thread and he'd said something like 'geometrical structures are the foundation of life'. not those exact words, obviously, but i hope you get my drift.

from the link i've just pasted up here ^^ there's a beautiful passage on music being derived from math, or more specifically, the pythagorean triads! and we know that the pythagorean theory was definitely not invented by the greek scholar after who it's named.

http://www.principlesofnature.net/mu...c_and_math.htm

site going into the details of math theorems and their importance in music- including pythagorean tuning: http://members.cox.net/mathmistakes/music.htm

wiki:

many music composers have incorporated the golden ratio and the fibonacci sequence in their masterpieces; i wouldn't be surprised if mozart, beethoven and the like were aware of the math phenomena too.

another fascinating site (blew my brains away) is http://goldennumber.net

from it's music and fibonacci page, here's what i read (http://goldennumber.net/music.htm):

I. Musical scales are based on Fibonacci numbers

The Fibonacci series appears in the foundation of aspects of art, beauty and life. Even music has a foundation in the series, as:
There are 13 notes in the span of any note through its octave.
A scale is comprised of8 notes, of which the
5th and 3rd notes create the basic foundation of all chords, and are based on whole tone which is 2 steps from the root tone, that is the 1st note of the scale.
Note too how the piano keyboard scale of C to C above of 13 keys has 8 white keys and 5 black keys, split into groups of 3 and 2.

While some might "note" that there are only 12 "notes" in the scale, if you don't have a root and octave, a start and an end, you have no means of calculating the gradations in between, so this 13th note as the octave is essential to computing the frequencies of the other notes.

The word "octave" comes from the Latin word for 8, referring to the eight whole tones of the complete musical scale, which in the key of C are C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C.

In a scale, the dominant note is the 5th note of the major scale, which is also the 8th note of all 13 notes that comprise the octave.

This provides an added instance of Fibonacci numbers in key musical relationships.

Interestingly, 8/13 is .61538, which approximates phi. What's more, the typical three chord song in the key of A is made up of A, its Fibonacci & phi partner E, and D, to which A bears the same relationship as E does to A.

This is analogous to the "A is to B as B is to C" basis for the golden section, or in this case "D is to A as A is to E."

II. Musical frequencies are based on Fibonacci ratios-

Notes in the scale of western music are based on natural harmonics that are created by ratios of frequencies. Ratios found in the first seven numbers of the Fibonacci series (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8) are related to key frequencies of musical notes.

comparative table here http://goldennumber.net/music.htm

Fibonacci and phi relationships are often found in the timing of musical compositions. As an example, the climax of songs is often found at roughly the phi point (61.8%) of the song, as opposed to the middle or end of the song.

In a 32 bar song, this would occur in the 20th bar.

In the case of musical instruments: Fibonacci and phi are used in the design of violins and even in the design of high quality speaker wire.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

i would've checked some additional stuff to post here but i'm just too tired, lol, so here are some HOT HOT HOT links on the golden ratio, fibonacci and music

1. Fibonacci Numbers and The Golden Section in Art, Architecture and Music: http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal...nacci/fibInArt

2. Number Theory in Music: Fibonacci- http://www.davesabine.com/Music/Arti...8/Default.aspx

3. The Fibonacci Waltz: http://home.tampabay.rr.com/warhawks...acciWaltz.html

the reason why i'm posting fibonacci stuff in a vedic math thread, is because the two are more intertwined than most believe:

Born in Pisa, Italy, Leonardo Fibonacci (c1170-c1240) was one of the first mathematicians to introduced the Hindu-Arabic number system to Europeans.

While studying in India, he became interested in a series of numbers first described in 1150 by Indian mathematicians wherein each value is derived by adding the previous two.

In a book published in 1202 entitled Liber Abaci (literally: Book of the Abacus), Fibonacci explores this series and its practical application by posing the following problem: Starting with one mating pair of rabbits, how many pairs exist each month if, after every month, another pair is born to every pair old enough to mate (at least one month old)?

The solution is the series of values (1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377...) that would thereafter become known as Fibonacci numbers.

Several hundred years passed before something strange happened: people began noticing these numbers appearing everywhere in the structure of living things.

The number of petals on a flower, the number of spirals on a pine cone, the dimensions of a seashell, the number of leaves sprouting from a stem, even the number of digits on your hand ... Fibonacci numbers appear everywhere. It was as if nature had used Fibonacci numbers as a blueprint for life itself.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 04-03-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #46
pinkfreud
Inactive

Default 'vedic math genius' ebook

i forgot to post this link earlier... i hope people who have kids (and those wtihout kids too) will learn from this and put it to good use; very simple, basic and a must have mini guide of sorts, incorporating the 16 basic 'sutras':

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9688396/Ma...ic-Math-Genius
Old 04-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #47
astrochicken

Quote:
i forgot to post this link earlier... i hope people who have kids (and those wtihout kids too) will learn from this and put it to good use; very simple, basic and a must have mini guide of sorts, incorporating the 16 basic 'sutras':

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9688396/Ma...ic-Math-Genius

Go girl go.

As a musician i was allready aware of the mathematical aspect of music.

What *pisses* me off somewhat is that way back in the days of antiquity and long,long before.. all the philosophers were painters, and musicians, and mathematicians.. whereas nowadays people know more and more about less and less which they call specializing.. but you need the big picture to realize that everything is interconnected.

This is from another thread on a totally unrelated subject (one would think

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrochicken View Post
Just noting the similarities.

"Runes are descended from the Frisian alphabet"

and here's the Hebrew Alphabet (Aleph Bais) descended from the magan star.

Both depicting a 2 dimensional view of this

As you can see it's all maths and geometry.
Spike Milligan - "A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree."
Robert Burns - "The fear o' hell's a hangman's whip,To haud the wretch in order"
astrochicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #48
jayelowell

amazing!!!
keep up the good post!

Last edited by jayelowell; 04-03-2009 at 09:15 PM.
jayelowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #49
blondina1

Thumbs up

Very interesting!
blondina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #50
pinkfreud
Inactive

Default nikola tesla and vedic knowledge

astro, i don't understand anything about runes, lol but that thing you posted on the geometrical basis for the hebrew alphabet is truly, and very fascinating. thanks for posting.

i googled 'runes+vedas' amongst other search terms but nothing much came up, as in i couldn't find a detailed connection as such; what i did come across was this:

During the Soviet rule, the disseminators of Vedic knowledge were prosecuted and severely punished, some Vedic Scripts were destroyed during the KGB raids.

-from http://everything2.com/title/Ingleizm

i wasn't aware of this myself, so i'll look this up tomorrow.

...while realising that everything in life- from particulate matter, to more sophisticated forms of music, thoughts, languages, and even existence in itself is largely math based, i also came across some information which led me to believe that one man was acutely aware of the wealth of knowledge hidden within the vedas.

scientific, mathematical and spiritual knowledge.

say hello to nikola tesla

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

from http://fusionanomaly.net/influenceofvedicphilosophyonnikolatesla.html:

The Influence of Vedic Philosophy on Nikola Tesla

Nikola Tesla used ancient Sanskrit terminology in his descriptions of natural phenomena.

As early as 1891, he described the universe as a kinetic system filled with energy which could be harnessed at any location. His concepts during the following years were greatly influenced by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
Swami Vivekananda was the first of a succession of eastern yogi's who brought Vedic philosophy and religion to the west.

After meeting the Swami and after continued study of the Eastern view of the mechanisms driving the material world, Tesla began using the Sanskrit words Akasha, Prana, and the concept of a luminiferous ether to describe the source, existence and construction of matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This paper will trace the development of Tesla's understanding of Vedic Science, his correspondence with Lord Kelvin concerning these matters, and the relation between Tesla and Walter Russell and other turn of the century scientists concerning advanced understanding of physics. Finally, after being obscured for many years, the author will give a description of what he believes is the pre-requisite for the free energy systems envisioned by Tesla.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

I. Tesla’s description of the physical universe:

By the year 1891, Nikola Tesla had invented many useful devices.

These included a system of arc lighting (1886), the alternating current motor, power generation and transmission systems (1888), systems of electrical conversion and distribution by oscillatory discharges (1889), and a generator of high frequency currents (1890), to name just a few.

The most well known patent centers around an inspiration that occurred while walking with a friend in a park in Budapest, Hungry. It was while observing the sunset that Tesla had a vision of how rotating electromagnetic fields could be used in a new form of electric motor. This led to the well known system of alternating current power distribution.

In 1891 however, Tesla patented what one day may become his most famous invention. It is the basis for the wireless transmission of electrical power and is known as the Tesla Coil Transformer.

It was during this year that Tesla made the following comments during a speech before the American Institute of Electrical Engineers:

"Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point in the universe. This idea is not novel... We find it in the delightful myth of Antheus, who derives power from the earth; we find it among the subtle speculations of one of your splendid mathematicians... Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic.? If static our hopes are in vain; if kinetic - and this we know it is, for certain - then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature."

This description of the physical mechanisms of the universe was given before Tesla became familiar with the Vedic science of the eastern Nations of India, Tibet, and Nepal.

This science was first popularized in the United States and the west during the three year visit of Swami Vivekananda.

II. Vedic science and Swami Vivekananda:

The Vedas are a collection of writings consisting of hymns, prayers, myths, historical accounting, dissertations on science, and the nature of reality, which date back at least 5,000 years.

The nature of matter, antimatter, and the makeup of atomic structures are described in the Vedas.
The language of the Vedas is known as Sanskrit. Its origin is not fully understood; Western scholars suggest that it was brought into the Himalayas and thence south into India by the southward migrations of the Aryan culture.

Paramahansa Yogananda and other historians however do not subscribe to that theory, pointing out that there is no evidence within India to substantiate such claims.

There are words in Sanskrit that describe concepts totally foreign to the ‘modern’ mind. Single words may require a full paragraph for translation into English. Having studied Sanskrit for a brief period during the late 70's, it finally occurred to this writer that Tesla's use of Vedic terminology could provide a key to understanding his view of electromagnetism and the nature of the universe.

But where did Tesla learn Vedic concepts and Sanskrit terminology? And why is there no such mention in ‘official’ history?

A review of the well known biographies by Cheney, Hunt, Draper & O'Neil reveal no mention of Tesla's knowledge of Sanskrit. O'Neal, however, includes the following excerpt from an unpublished article called Man's Greatest Achievement:

"There manifests itself in the fully developed being, Man; a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives.... Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance."

According to Leland Anderson, the article was written on May 13th, 1907.

Anderson also suggested that it was through association with Swami Vivekananda that Tesla may have come into contact with Sanskrit terminology and that John Dobson of the San Francisco Sidewalk Astronomers Association had researched that association.

In 1893 Swami Vivekananda had begun a tour of the west by attending the Parliament of Religions held in Chicago. During the three years that he toured the United States and Europe, Vivekananda met with many of the well known scientists of the time, including Lord Kelvin and Nikola Tesla.

According to Swami Nikhilananda- Nikola Tesla, the great scientist who specialized in the field of electricity, was much impressed to hear from the Swami his explanation of the Samkhya cosmogony and the theory of cycles given by the Vedas.

He was particularly struck by the resemblance between the Samkhya theory of matter and energy and that of modern physics.

The Swami also met in New York Sir William Thompson, Lord Kelvin, and Professor Helmholtz, of which the latter were two leading representatives of Western science at the time.

Sarah Bernhardt, the famous French actress had an interview with the Swami and greatly admired his teachings. It was at a party given by Sarah Bernhardt that Nikola Tesla probably first met Swami Vivekananda.

Sarah Bernhardt was playing the part of 'Iziel' in a play of the same name. It was a French version about the life of Buddha. The actress, upon seeing Swami Vivekananda in the audience, arranged a meeting which was also attended by Nikola Tesla.

In a letter to a friend, dated February 13th, 1896, Swami Vivekananda noted the following:

“ ...Mr. Tesla was charmed to hear about the Vedantic Prana and Akasha and the Kalpas, which according to him, are the only theories modern science can entertain... Mr. Tesla thinks he can demonstrate that mathematically that force and matter are reducible to potential energy. I am to go see him next week to get this mathematical demonstration.”

Swami Vivekananda was hopeful that Tesla would be able to show that what we call matter is simply potential energy because that would reconcile the teachings of the Vedas with modern science. He realized that "In that case, the Vedantic cosmology [would] be placed on the surest of foundations".

Tesla understood Sanskrit terminology and philosophy and found that it was a good means to describe the physical mechanisms of the universe as seen through his eyes. It would behoove those who would attempt to understand the science behind the inventions of Nikola Tesla to study Sanskrit and Vedic philosophy.

Tesla apparently failed to show the identity of energy and matter. If he had, certainly Swami Vivekananda would have recorded that occasion. The mathematical proof of the principle did come until about ten years later when Albert Einstein published his paper on relativity. What had been known in the East for the last 5,000 years was then known as 'modern science' only in the 19th century.

In the Vedas, Brahman is defined as the one self existent impersonal spirit; the Divine Essence, from which all things emanate, by which they are sustained, and to which they return. Notice that this is very similar to the concept of the Great Spirit as understood by Native American cultures.

Ishvara is the Supreme Ruler; the highest possible conception of the Absolute, which is beyond all thought. Mahat means literally ‘the Great One’, and is also interpreted as meaning universal mind or cosmic intelligence.

Prana means energy (usually translated as life force) and Akasha means matter (usually translated as ether).

Dobson points out that the more common translations for Akasha and Prana are not quite correct, but that Tesla did understand their true meanings.

The meeting with Swami Vivekananda greatly stimulated Nikola Tesla's interest in Eastern Science. The Swami later remarked during a lecture in India:

"I myself have been told by some of the best scientific minds of the day, how wonderfully rational the conclusions of the Vedanta are. I know of one of them personally, who scarcely has time to eat his meal, or go out of his laboratory, but who would stand by the hour to attend my lectures on the Vedanta; for, as he expresses it, they are so scientific, they so exactly harmonize with the aspirations of the age and with the conclusions to which modern science is coming at the present time".

Last edited by pinkfreud; 05-03-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #51
pinkfreud
Inactive

Default nikola tesla and vedic knowledge: part 2

(from the same site, contd.)

IV. Tesla and Lord Kelvin:

William S. Thompson was one of the prominent scientists and engineers of the 1800s who developed analogies between heat and electricity. His work influenced the theories developed by James Clerk Maxwell, one of the founders of electromagnetic theory.

Thompson supervised the successful laying of the Trans Atlantic Cable and for that work, Lord Kelvin was knighted.
Kelvin had endorsed Tesla's theories and proposed system for the wireless transmission of electrical power. The latter continued to study Hindu and Vedic philosophy for a number of years as indicated by the following letter written to him by Lord Kelvin:

S.W. May 20, 1902.

15, Eaton Place London.

Dear Mr. Tesla,

I do not know how I can ever thank you enough for the most kind letter of May, 10, which I found in my cabin in the Lucania, with the beautiful books which you most kindly sent me along with it: - "The Vedas: Abridged", "The Buried Temple", "The Gospel of Bhudda", "Les Grands Inities", the exquisite edition of Rossetti's "House of Life", and last but not least, the Century Magazine for June,
1900 with the splendid and marvelous photographs on pp. 176, 187, 190, 191, 192, full of electrical lessons.

We had a most beautiful passage across the Atlantic, much the finest I have ever had. I was trying hard nearly all the way, but quite unsuccessfully, to find something definite as to the functions of ether in respect to plain, old fashioned magnetism.

A propos of this, I have instructed the publishers, Messrs. Macmillan, to send you at the Waldorf a copy of my book (Collection of Separate Papers) on Electrostatics and Magnetism. I shall be glad if you will accept it from me as a very small mark of my gratitude to you for your kindness.

You may possibly find something interesting in the articles on Atmospheric Electricity which it contains. Lady Kelvin joins me in kind regards, and I remain yours always truly.

Kelvin.

Thank you also warmly for the beautiful flowers.

V. Tesla and Russell:

Walter Russell was one of the most accomplished artists, sculptors, writers and scientists of this century. His periodic chart of the elements accurately predicted the location and characteristics of four elements years before they were discovered in laboratories.

These are now known as Deuterium, Tritium, Neptunium, and Plutonium.

Russell apparently entered into a heightened state of awareness after being struck by lightning. He began several weeks of drawing and writing about the basic nature and make up of the physical universe. Russells' family finally called the family doctor to determine if Russell should be committed to an mental institution.

The doctor, upon seeing the results of Russells weeks of work, said that he did not know what Russell was doing, but that he definitely was not mad.

Although the exact time and occasion of their meeting has not yet been determined, Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell did meet and discuss their respective cosmologies. Tesla recognized the wisdom and power of Russells' teaching and urged Russell to lock up his knowledge in a safe for 1,000 years until 'man was ready for it'.

VI. Why free energy hasn't 'happened' yet- comments, possibilities and socio-economic implications:

Although Tesla did not accept many of the tenants of relativity and quantum theory and never made the connection between matter and energy, he did recognize the possibility of free and unlimited energy as demonstrated by the following statement:

"Can Man control [the] grandest, most awe inspiring of all processes in nature?...If he could do this, he would have powers almost unlimited and supernatural... He could cause planes to collide and produce his suns and stars, his heat and light. He could originate and develop life in all its infinite forms....[Such powers] would place him beside his creator, make him fulfill his ultimate destiny..."

We see that Tesla is asking a question, speculating, searching for an answer. If Tesla had developed free energy sources or learned how to manipulate space time and gravity, during the time of his most public and productive years, (up until about 1920), he would have had answers to those questions.

Tesla's most misunderstood invention is popularly known as the 'Death Ray'. It was simply a particle beam weapon which he proposed in 1937 and was fabricated under contracts with Alcoa Aluminum and the English and Italian governments.

It used electrostatic propulsion techniques and similar devices are being developed today by the Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) and the US Army Strategic Defense Command.

So we see that mankind has not yet harnessed the infinite power of the universe as envisioned by Nikola Tesla. The question remains, why not?

Free energy devices, if they are feasible, are not about smaller faster microcircuits or a bigger better mouse traps.
This is a technology which may revolutionize the socio-economic status quo on planet Earth. At this moment the big pie is unevenly divided. One quarter of the population on this rock, the third stone from the sun, consumes three quarters of the yearly resource output. As one can easily deduce, from a brief study of world affairs, there are about three billion people who have just about had it with this scenario.

There are wars, starvation and strife in every nook and cranny of the planet.

So what do we do about it? Either we divide the pie more evenly or we make the pie larger.

The first option requires that our standard of living must fall so that the standard of living in the 'third world' may rise.

The second option allows us to maintain our standard of living while we help raise the standard of living of 'under-privileged' nations.

Thirty thousand people starve to death every day on this planet, most of them are children. Nations fight nations, war is part of our lives. What drives our economy in the 'western' world, allows us to enjoy a high standard of living, a life of leisure compared to our neighbors south of the imaginary line called a border.

We do know that the standard of living that a nation enjoys is directly related to energy consumption. Energy drives the economies of nations and Tesla's life long goal was to make electric power equally available to all people any where on this planet. He continued to promote his plan for the wireless transmission of power in the yearly interviews he gave on his birthday, as late as 1940.

Electrical power allows on site processing of raw materials.

Electrical power can run pumps from water wells in areas affected by drought.

Electrical power delivered to the poverty stricken areas of the world can make the pie larger, can help bring about the needed economic equality which is our birth right.

Why hasn't power been made equally available to all people and nations? Why haven't the much touted free energy devices described by Tom Bearden, John Bedini, Bruce DePalma, and others ever materialized?

Perhaps because "easy things are seldom done for the same reason that impossible things are rarely done: no one will pay for anything believed to be easy or impossible".

Perhaps because when we talk about power there is more there than one would initially visualize.

What we are talking about is personal power, national power, planetary power, karmic power and the power of love.

Ancient wisdom tells us that in order to enjoy power we have to let go of power, to overcome ourselves. As an example, this author can describe one of his recent experiences.

After a very successful symposium celebrating the 100th year after Nikola Tesla arrived in the United States 21, a non profit corporation was formed specifically to encourage and pursue research into the inventions and discoveries of Nikola Tesla. Two years later, after a second symposium, several of the founding members approached the board of directors with a proposal to validate Tesla's claim that wireless transmission of power was possible.

Board members suggested that permission be obtained from the FCC, an environmental impact statement be filed with the EPA, and we should go form "our own non profit corporation". It was also decided that since there was no procedure to cover research, the organization could not be involved.

Another goal of the organization had been to establish a museum to be named the Nikola Tesla Museum of Science and Technology. We proposed that since 60 -70 billion dollars are given away to non profit organizations annually, we had as good a chance as any other organization for obtaining funding, for a museum or research. We reasoned that:

"Since only 16% of the museums in this country are science museums, this museum in honor of Nikola Tesla will help educate the public in technological areas. With the need for economic revitalization of industry in Colorado, 1986 (!) is the time to begin supporting the scientific education of our region. With the current statistics showing that the United States is falling behind the world technologically, the effort to educate the public is becoming more important, and the surge of public awareness of Nikola Tesla's inventions makes him an appropriate namesake for a science and technology museum."

The board moved to table our proposal indefinitely. What had happened?

Of the 15 - 20 people that had started the organization only four remained as part of the governing body.

Three of those members were opposed to research. The collective mind of the board of directors had become the antithesis of the momentum Tesla had gained in his lifetime. Unlike the independent inventor and businessman, the board was now composed of members who were bureaucrats and paper pushers for Fortune 500 companies. Tesla did not ask for permission to be inventive and strike out on bold new adventures; the board needed approval from 'higher sources'.

The dichotomies were endless.

Tesla's visions have been delayed for 89 years.

The squabbling started with Thomas Edison, J.P. Morgan and Nikola Tesla himself.

It continues to this very day.

Perhaps the reason for the delay of wireless power transmission or free energy devices lies even deeper within the human psyche.

Is it possible that we could compare the Tesla story to a biblical story? Bruce Gordan thinks so. In Gordan's analysis, Tesla's attempt at building a prototype magnifying transmitter parallels Genesis 11:1-9. 25:

"The message; human curiosity and technological derring-do makes God nervous; God demolishes project, confounds language".

Not the exact words, but significant nonetheless.

Subsequent, deliberate suppression of Tesla's work in orthodox science and engineering circles lead to a more accepted form of rather mediocre technology for energy generation, storage, distribution, and so forth to maintain a favorable cash flow for the existing system for energy management... by forcing continued combustion of scarce fuels, to keep consumers, paying, paying, paying, and paying still.

As a last thought, the Vedas say:

"When everything is perfect, the right time shows up."

This is equivalent to saying, "Absolute knowledge in the hands of one whose heart is not in the right place, would be a terrible weapon." We might postulate that technological developments do not occur until the planet is 'ready'. The recent examination of the theory of Gaia credits the Earth with an intelligencem stating:

"Thousands of years ago, by means of seeing, sorcerers became aware that the Earth was sentinent and that its awareness could affect the awareness of humans."

By implication of reciprocity, the reverse could also be true.

The group or collective unconscious is still struggling with the result of quantum and relativity theory. We, as a race, were ready for free power; everything was perfect and the right time did show up.

But the time was made unavailable to us.

Juts as it was to Nikola Tesla.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 05-03-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #52
pinkfreud
Inactive

tesla and vedic knowledge links:

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Physic...-Resonance.htm

http://www.hinduism.fsnet.co.uk/namo...miji_tesla.htm

http://www.mountainman.com.au/aether_1.html

will see if i can find some ebooks/material on this subject. tesla was a remarkable human being, so it's only fair to include him and his work in this thread.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #53
pinkfreud
Inactive

Default moving on from math

..this is now the 'vedic knowledge' thread, because the vedas are much, much more than math. tbh, incorporating all the elements contained within them would be an exhaustive process, but i'll try anyhow; hopefully, people who hate math will have reason to look this up now.

general info vids on the vedas (for some fucking reason they won't embed- sorry):

^^ includes a mention of land reclamation, mudras or seals as objects of 'identification', and why the mythical epic mahabharata may not be a myth after all.

for me, it gets interesting after 7:25. apparently, ralph waldo emerson read the vedas everyday. henry david thoreau was also familiar with vedic literature; both later came to be known as the 'american transcendentalists'.

julius oppenheimer *ahem* probably used it for his own selfish advantage.

i was not familiar with carl sagan's work, but after watching part 3, i'll make it a point to look him up.

this part also makes a mention of the sulbha sutras being a pre cursor to babylonian + egyptian math. i know this challenges the concept of the sumerian civilisation being one of the most ancient, so make of it what you will.

the concepts of infinity, the binary number system used in computer lingo, hashing techniques used in search algorithms (google etc), decimals, and the zero were all vedic based.

note:

i wish the videos could have been titled differently, because the vedas are NOT equal to hinduism; the latter to me is an organised form of mind control; the vedas, on the other hand, are a gateway to knowledge.

i hope vedic wisdom will be recognised as being independant from religion. the vedas are not just 'native' to india; they are universal, so i hope i don't have to explain myself to anybody who thinks i'm a closet nationalist or whatever.

more to come.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 06-03-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 AM   #54
runciter
Inactive

this vedic knowledge looks like a variant of kabbalistic crap.
runciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #55
pinkfreud
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by runciter View Post
this vedic knowledge looks like a variant of kabbalistic crap.

thanks for highlighting your ignorance.

if you knew the difference between the knowledge within the vedas and the kabbalistic perspective or interpretation of the texts, you wouldn't have rambled off without reading the information contained within the posts.

got anything to contribute?

if not, fuck off from my thread. because i do not want this to become yet another bullshit zone.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 06-03-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #56
runciter
Inactive

Quote:
thanks for highlighting your ignorance.

if you knew the difference between the knowledge within the vedas and the kabbalistic perspective or interpretation of the texts, you wouldn't have rambled off without reading the information contained within the posts.

got anything to contribute?

if not, fuck off from my thread, because i do not want this to become a bullshit zone.
i'm contributing with my point of view: it's mind control and nothing more.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #57
pinkfreud
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by runciter View Post
i'm contributing with my point of view: it's mind control and nothing more.
good. now back up your claim with some supporting material so we can have a good discussion.

and btw, vedic knowledge is NOT equal to hinduism (a form of mind control). i hope i've made myself clear.

judging from your past posts i notice you severely lack in discretionary capabilities. hence, based on that observation...

please go away if you want to troll the thread.

or stay if you will take the trouble to back up your claim, and elaborate rather than post the shit stirring one liners you always tend to put forth.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 06-03-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #58
runciter
Inactive

Quote:
Although Tesla did not accept many of the tenants of relativity and quantum theory and never made the connection between matter and energy, he did recognize the possibility of free and unlimited energy as demonstrated by the following statement:
although?

tesla recognized the possibility of free energy because he rejected einstenian kabbalah.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #59
runciter
Inactive

Quote:
good. now back up your claim with some supporting material so we can have a good discussion.

and btw, vedic knowledge is NOT equal to hinduism (a form of mind control). i hope i've made myself clear.

judging from your past posts i notice you severely lack in discretionary capabilities. hence, based on that observation...

please go away if you want to troll the thread.

or stay if you will take the trouble to back up your claim, and elaborate rather than post the shit stirring one liners you usually take to.
i don't want to take part in a rabbinical dispute, i just wanted to express my point of view.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #60
runciter
Inactive

"... Supposing that the bodies act upon the surrounding space causing curving of the same, it appears to my simple mind that the curved spaces must react on the bodies, and producing the opposite effects, straightening out the curves. Since action and reaction are coexistent, it follows that the supposed curvature of space is entirely impossible - But even if it existed it would not explain the motions of the bodies as observed. Only the existence of a field of force can account for the motions of the bodies as observed, and its assumption dispenses with space curvature. All literature on this subject is futile and destined to oblivion. So are all attempts to explain the workings of the universe without recognizing the existence of the ether and the indispensable function it plays in the phenomena."
"My second discovery was of a physical truth of the greatest importance. As I have searched the entire scientific records in more than a half dozen languages for a long time without finding the least anticipation, I consider myself the original discoverer of this truth, which can be expressed by the statement: There is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment." — Nikola Tesla