Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke Website Headlines

Old 29-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
palestine_hill

Default Starbucks Fires Employee on Food Stamps for Eating

While I am not condoning this behaviour, I recall when I was working at MacDonalds many years ago they would count all of the food they threw out at the end of the day and I suppose this would be accounted for as food wastage or a loss.

I have seen TV shows in the past (I don't watch much TV now) where many people would go through grocery stores waste bins and live totally off what had been thrown away.

I am lucky because I have enough money to buy food now, but there have been times, thanks to my gangstalkers, when I didn't know where I was going to spend the night and I didn't know what I was going to eat for dinner.
Just gonna stand there and let me burn, but that's okay cause I like the way it hurt.
All it takes for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing.

Last edited by palestine_hill; 29-08-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: misspelling
palestine_hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
kalki vishnu
Banned

Eating the food prior to being thrown out is tantamount to theft unfortunately.
A staff member eating something without paying is kinda no different than a customer walking in and eating something without paying. That's just how it is unfortunately.
kalki vishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
palestine_hill

Kalki I don't know all of the circumstances but the artical said the food had been thrown in the garbage. I don't know if it was in the garbage in the building or out of the building, so I can't say. I am not going to judge a person for being hungry and wanting to eat something.

Some people have medical conditions, such as diabetes, where they have to eat or they can go into a coma. Are you suggesting that it is better to go into a coma and die than to sneak a sarni that was going to be thrown away anyway?
Just gonna stand there and let me burn, but that's okay cause I like the way it hurt.

Last edited by palestine_hill; 29-08-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: type
Old 29-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
infinite i

Quote:
Originally Posted by palestine_hill View Post
Some people have medical conditions, such as diabetes, where they have to eat or they can go into a coma. Are you suggesting that it is better to go into a coma and die than to sneak a sarni that was going to be thrown away anyway?
What sort of argument is that, oh they could die if they dont steal food?? thats crazy talk, though dont see it as a big deal, percs of the job, well should be and if theyre throwing it out staff should have first dibs on it but using that as an argument is a bit silly lol

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
kalki vishnu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by palestine_hill View Post
So wait a minute, did the guy have diabetes and was he at risk of slipping into a coma or not?
because the answer to whether or not he does have it and the sarni was gonna stop him slipping into a coma is going to decide what my own answer is gonna be.

You can't throw out different scenarios and expect them all to have the same answer.
Eating a sarni cos he was about to slip into a coma or eating a sarni because he felt a bit peckish are two totally different things.

Its like having two guys up in court, one shot someone for the fun of it and the other guy shot someone in self defence, ones guilty and going to prison and the other isn't and isn't going to prison.

Last edited by kalki vishnu; 29-08-2013 at 12:19 PM.
kalki vishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
palestine_hill

It is a difficult call to make. My gran had diabetes and although I am not diabetic I have polycystic ovaries and suffer from low blood sugar. I know how hard it is to be hungry and want to eat and not be able to. I am fortunate now becuase I can eat when I like, but to be told when you can eat is very difficult.

I think Starbucks sacked the guy becuase they thought he should buy food, which would be income from them, instead of eat food that was going to waste anyway. It is a difficult call to make, but perhaps the person should have waited until the food was put in the rubbish tip outside and then got it at the end of the shift.

I am really grateful that I have enough food to eat and I don't have to worry about things like that. I leave food on my desk and sometimes the cleaners sneak a bit and truly I don't care. I figure if they are hungry and want it then they can have it. I am just happy that the Universe has given me enough food to eat and I can share it.

Last edited by palestine_hill; 29-08-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: type
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
twilight_sparkle
Banned

I think employees should be able to eat whatever they like as a perk of the job, they only pay minimum wage anyway.

Last edited by twilight_sparkle; 05-09-2013 at 11:45 AM.
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
3point5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight_sparkle View Post
I think employees should be able to eat whatever they like as a perk of the job, they only pay minimum wage anyway.
Most places do let them, but at the end of the shift. They can't just have people eating all their stock during the day.
3point5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
infinite i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
Most places do let them, but at the end of the shift. They can't just have people eating all their stock during the day.
Yeah but they might die if they dont bahahhahahaahahah

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
itsallinus

If they had intelligent management and staff, there would be little food going to waste in the first place. But that's not how thing's 'work' is it? This applies more to stores and supermarkets than restaurants though.

Starfucks should be avoided anyway, imo.
itsallinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
reverendjim
Inactive

in the beginning all was free...now we have profit and loss.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
matteria

I think this article is just another example of how evil a company Starbucks is. I mean, only a few years ago (2009) I was workingfor a catering company in a cafeteria (Sodexo) and I got to eat pretty much anything I wanted any time of the day.. unfortunately, that cafeteria has since gone under along with the Reed Elsevier office which it serviced. I just get this feeling that its not 2009 anymore and businesses are being forced into stricter, less tolerance policy do to corrupt political and economic pressure.
Old 19-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
ritchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki vishnu View Post
A staff member eating something without paying is kinda no different than a customer walking in and eating something without paying. That's just how it is unfortunately.

Exactly.

There are many businesses that donate "expired" food to food banks. This is food that has a stamped "Best by" "use by" and similar wording on it, that is to indicate a shelf life for best taste and quality. Food in cans can last 5 yrs longer if not rusted on outside. There are guidelines for various foods, they have manual of that. I worked in a food bank and the stores donate their older shelf products to food banks who scan it in and give the stores a record of what they donated for tax purposes.

It is a win-win situation as the store gets tax credit and the food after it is inspected, is distributed to churches and charities to the poor. And much discarded food is still good. Day old bread and pastries are fine to eat. Farmers donate their excess production too and get full tax credit. Food banks are a wonderful concept that both helps people and prevents decent food going to the landfill

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Last edited by ritchs; 19-09-2013 at 11:15 AM.
ritchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
3point5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteria View Post
...only a few years ago I was working for a catering company in a cafeteria and I got to eat pretty much anything I wanted any time of the day..

...unfortunately, that cafeteria has since gone under
I wonder if those two things were related.
3point5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki vishnu View Post
You like the word 'unfortunately' unfortunately.

Unfortunately more and more people can not unfortunately afford to eat!

That's just how it is unfortunately.
belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #16
matteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
I wonder if those two things were related.

no retard. the cafe went with the business office. you should try not butchering posts for petty satire