Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #41
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans View Post
We are all in a interesting dynamic between two forces, and love is not one of them. There is hatred towards the false self, and then there is the fear of no-self. Hate vs Fear. I'm not sure if that helps in finding love but I'd thought I'd throw that nugget in there. Come to think of it, create the story of loving both the false self and no self, and it might make life a bit better, it won't wake you up as you'd be lying to yourself, but hey, at least love would be in the air.

Oceans, interesting post.

Would you say its possibly not the hatred of the false self thats the issue but more the desire for the false self? Most desire life as a separate entity (false self/ego) but end up hating what it entails, its opposites. They desire life but then greatly fear death. To live life with no false self appears like a living death to the mind as all opposites must be removed. This is why I mentioned before I see Fear-Desire as opposites as life/death is the ultimate fear/desire situation. You could of course say we love life and fear death, but this is not true, most actually find life unpleasant and constantly seek a way out of its eternal loop. Most are at their happiest in deep sleep, not during the day at all. Why do people fear the no self, they visit it every night and look forward to it.

We fear the no self because to the mind it is the void. Its not a void at all though, in reality it is pure awareness but it is called the void because it is beyond our comprehension. It is beyond anything our mind can imagine so it is seen as a void. When the mind looks into the void in deep meditation it initially fears it as there is absolutely NOTHING there, no object/feeling/emotion at all for the mind to latch on to, so it just labels it a void and in fear quickly returns to the physical plane.

The void transcends the world and everything we have come to term as real. In fact the void is the real , so we fear the real and desire the unreal. In the void or as David Carse called it earlier The Perfect Brilliant Stillness, there is no false self to desire or non self to fear, there is just Self.

Last edited by onebeing; 14-11-2013 at 07:04 PM.
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #42
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans View Post
We are all in a interesting dynamic between two forces, and love is not one of them.
Are not these two forces also just part of the grand illusion of duality also? Above them is what David Carse calls a nondual divine power that is hypnotic. A Love beyond love, light beyond light, peace beyond peace.


Quote:
And Ramesh is right: it’s got to be what he calls ‘divine
hypnosis.’ How else can you explain it? All these mind/
bodies are staring at it, are bathed in it, are it, and can’t see
it. How can you show someone something they are already,
especially when it is no-thing and they are no-one? It is
all so incredibly simple. There is obviously no one home.
All-That-Is, is Love beyond love, Light beyond light, Peace
beyond peace, Freedom beyond any concept of freedom...
throw capital letters on words and shout them, cry them,
weep them. - David Carse

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/012...sss-sample.pdf

Last edited by onebeing; 14-11-2013 at 10:12 PM.
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #43
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Off topic possibly for this thread....but Ive been recommended this book, has anyone read it? Its rather expensive on amazon as it seems to be out of print but the preview looks very very interesting. Apparently he knew Tesla.





Quote:
Walter Russell – The Universal One

Universal One Book

An Open Letter to the World of Science (1926):

“The Russell Cosmogony with its new concepts of light, matter, energy, electricity and magnetism is a simple yet complete, consistent and workable cosmogony which will enable future scientists to visualize the universe as a unified whole, and will open the door to the New Age of Transmutation.”

This book was distributed to scientists internationally by the author after its writing in 1926, and is now a collector’s item. The Universal One Contains many charts and diagrams. The Universal One is both a historic and present/future treasure illuminating questions about universal cosmogony and philosophical considerations of the nature of the universe.

*The Universal One is Walter Russell’s first expression of his new Cosmogony explaining the Mind-centered electromagnetic universe.

In this 1926 historic volume, Walter first reveals the possibility of transmutation of the elements.

“This is a universe of Mind, a finite universe, limited as to cause, and to the effect of cause. A finite universe, in which the effects of cause are limited, must also be limited as to cause; so when that measurable cause is known, then can man comprehend and measure all effects.

The effects of cause are complex and mystify man, but cause itself is simple.

The universe is a multiplicity of changing effects of but One unchanging cause. All things are universal. Nothing is which is not universal. Nothing is of itself alone. Man and Mind and all creating things are universal. No man can say: ‘I alone am I.’ There is but One universe, One Mind, One force, One substance. When man knows this in measurable exactness then will he have no limitations within those which are universal.” —Walter Russell
http://nondualityamerica.wordpress.c...universal-one/
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #44
lonestar
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,515
Likes: 7 (7 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebeing View Post

try doing nothing.

Stop searching,

stop seeking and thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebeing View Post
Why do people fear the no self?

We fear the no self because to the mind it is the void.

Its not a void at all though, in reality it is pure awareness

The void transcends the world and everything we have come to term as real.

In fact the void is the real , so we fear the real and desire the unreal.

In the void or as David Carse called it earlier The Perfect Brilliant Stillness,

there is no false self to desire or non self to fear, there is just Self.

"do nothing, say nothing, be still,

false self, real self, non self

look at all these concepts

WE CANT NEVER KNOW OUR SELF!

Ever.

I know you guys are trying to individually do it, or individually experience it, and thats why your posts are so full of concepts

but self is not a concept.

Ever.

Self is not "stillness or emptiness…

self is not pure awareness

self is not love or hate

self is never a concept

get it?

self is never a concept because our self is ever expanding, evolving, and unfolding into the unknowingness into the un created, of our self

our self is constantly being birthed


you guys cant know your self by making your self silent…

how could self get rid of self? Lol

can you see where you guys are claiming there is a self and a you?

omg lol

im sorry im not laughing at you, its just you guys are so cute

when more and more of us learn how to stop concepting our self, together we can collectively co create more love,

simples

we can develop and evolve our un created love.

thats who our self is, the un created

how about instead of spiritual suicide, of stillness or emptiness concepts

instead we create more love for our self?


"I saw You and became empty.

This Emptiness,

more beautiful than existence,

it obliterates existence,

and yet when It comes,

existence thrives and creates more existence! " - Rumi


onebeing you asked why we fear the empty void of nothing, and stillness?

I dont, cos im not caught up and tangled in concepts.



so now let me ask you why you fear creating more love in the world?

is it a feeling of unworthiness?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #45
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Well lonestar all I can say is it is my 'dream' to realize the nondual Self, its an all consuming dream which is never going to go away. However I fully realize the paradox of an individual dream entity (me) experiencing who the dreamer is, but still even with this knowledge I still dream this crazy dream. Its as impossible as one of the dream figures I dream at night becoming me and them waking up instead of me.

The Masters are fond of the "Neti,Neti" explanation, they explain the Self by saying its not this, not that, not anything and by negation what you are left with is the Self. This leaves us with silence and stillness, this is why I see the Self just as David Carse describes it, an aware void of Perfect Brilliant Stillness, because following the Neti, Neti (not this, not that) this is the closest you can get to attempting to describe it. The Self is outside mental conception so to describe it by the Neti Neti kinda works. Its everything the subtle mind creation is not.

However in the end its all pointless,all our attempts to realize/experience/dream/describe/awaken... because its all just dreamscape. Ultimately nothing makes any difference, but even though I know this I still dream of experiencing the Self. Fortunately Ive gotten over the frustrated part he speaks about.

Quote:
In fact, quite frankly, its all crap. Eventually all ideas, all experiences, all words, all books, all teachings are beside the point. Eventually all there is , is complete letting go and going beyond: going ,completed, beyond. Then every-thing will cease , everything will have never been, and there is only Understanding, and the Peace that passes all understanding.

When you learn that there is nothing you can do to accomplish this or bring it about, there will be a moment of frustration. But this, like every thing, thought, or experience, will only be temporary. Fortunately , it has never been up to 'you' anyway

David Carse
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #46
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

WE CANT NEVER KNOW OUR SELF!

Ever.

I know you guys are trying to individually do it, or individually experience it, and thats why your posts are so full of concepts
But this is my problem, I speak to people that say its possible, that a part of us CAN leave the mind-body and merge with this Self and upon returning to the body the experience is 'remembered' through the mind. So although the mind-body does not merge with the Self, the experience of Self is remembered via the mind. Then I read personal accounts and books which also point to this, that if we give up individual identity/ego then Self can indeed be experienced, not seen (you can never see yourself), but known through being it, by experiencing it.

Maybe its my own fault for filling my head with these concepts but you cant tell me the following does not make you also wish to KNOW the Self ...

Quote:
There is a tearing, a searing physical pain in the chest that feels like my rib cage is being torn open: at the same time there is a tingling at the top of my head and the sensation is that the top is peeled off my skull like a tight cap being removed. There is peace, consent, no fear.

The sensation that there is an immense surge or explosion or expansion, which the body cannot contain. Something surges, spins up out of the top of the head to I know not where, to infinity: while my heart expands up and out of my chest, outward, until it fills first the forest, then the world, then the galaxy.

What is followed is the expansion of the heart, because with the hearts expansion the 'I' sense also expands. And I find myself in what in my ignorance , without language or categories. I call Presence: expressing as Brilliance, like light but clearer and brighter, beyond light. Not white or gold, just absolute Brilliance. Brilliantly Alive, radiantly Being All That Is.

And there is an awareness. And there is a profound realization that nothing, absolutely nothing matters. Anything I have ever thought, or experienced, or ever would think, or experience, was nothing, a dream: absolutely did not matter.
He ( David Carse) then goes on to describe this Presence, a description I have heard told independently by others, so I have no reason to believe its a creation of his mind.


Quote:

First, that is is Alive. Not an inanimate cloud or energy field of some sort:nor even a thing which is alive: it is pure Life, Aliveness,Existence.

Second, that this Presence is Intelligence. It is alert, awake and Aware: it is knowing. Not something that knows:rather it is the knowing.

Third, that its nature, its essence, is pure, unfathomable, endless, unconditional Love, Compassion, beauty, outpouring. In this Presence, I find myself in a state of overwhelming gratitude, bliss, unfathomable Peace, Love.
He then goes on to describe that after this experience he read about the Sanskrit description of the Perfect Brilliant Stillness as Sat, Chit, Ananda or All That Is.

Sat: Being. Simply Pure Being in itself. Am-ness. The I AM , the Alive.

Chit: Consciousness. Simple Pure Consciousness itself. Awareness. Intelligence. Knowing.

Ananda: Bliss, Peace, Outpouring.

The fact the he and others ARE able to experience the nondual Self via surrender/lessening of the individual mind/ego for me means there is hope for us all .
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #47
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post


you guys cant know your self by making your self silent…
When the mind is Still and Silent, it returns to its natural state prior to thought. It returns to the Heart. Thoughts are projected from the mind and are in essence unreal (like a cinema film projection). Anything that passes is not real, only that which is permanent is real. When the mind is emptied of thoughts what remains, what is left is Chit. Infinite pure consciousness that is aware, intelligent and all knowing.

This is how the true Self is known. There is only One Self and that is Being/ Consciousness/Bliss, all else are mere creations of illusions/projections from it that pass and fade (time/thoughts/matter/sound) what remains after all else has faded (created and destroyed) is the Self, the One.



Last edited by onebeing; 16-11-2013 at 02:51 PM.
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #48
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default


The 'sound' of the Self is ultimately Silence. The earth (materialistic plane) is noisy and loud, but this transmuted through the Spiritual Heart as silence reveals the Self.

Beautiful.

onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #49
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

so now let me ask you why you fear creating more love in the world?

is it a feeling of unworthiness?
We ARE the source of the world and as that source WE ARE unconditional love, we can not create anymore for we ARE THAT ALREADY. ( Im using the word unconditional love but know it is just a word attempting to describe that force which can not be described)

Again we go to the reason for this thread, 'What love is'. What is love, this depends on your minds idea of what love is. Is it the love of God, is it the love of your fellow man, love of life or maybe romantic love?

Most mind-bodies are conditioned from birth to seek out more and more love, they are told they are not complete until their life is full of love. If we look within and really analyse our personal love the truth usually is not what we think it is going to be.

Love is a 'word' thrown around and often used to describe our highest emotion, but in reality it is only a word which stands for a human idea, a concept of the mind which is totally inadequate to actually describe The One. We must look beyond the word love and our attempts to create more of what we 'think' it means, and instead go within and actually find out what it exactly is.

Again from the book Perfect Brilliant Stillness, David Carse discusses this very problem we all face. The problem of love. He highlights that it is beyond our capability and that it is a lesson we must learn. The lesson of what love really is. The majority of peoples idea of 'love' is actually veiling the truth from them.

Quote:
Words fail: One must use words and then extrapolate from them, attempt to use them to transcend themselves. 'Love' is a word that stands for an idea, a concept , which in this context is inadequate in the extreme. In the culture by which these mind-bodies are conditioned, love is held up as the highest value, but we seldom examine what we mean by it. Like most of our thoughts and values, it is surrounded, protected by a fuzzy thinking to avoid the clarity which leads to self-examination which can lead to awakening, to seeing through the mist of the world which has pulled over our eyes to blind us to the truth.

In fact our ideas of love are much more tainted than we care to admit with concepts and feelings of involvement, specialness, ownership, exclusion, needs, caring, guilt. We think of caring as something important, something of the heart. But caring is only involvement, anxiety, attachment to outcome. It is a misperception that we need to care about this illusory existence, this dream, or that things need to matter. This only generates worry, confusion, anxiety and feelings of separation and guilt. It does no good to the person we 'care' for, only perpetuates their own involvement in the dream. This is not love. Our claim to love only limits ourselves and those we try to love.
So to go back to your question, which type of 'love' are you asking about? Which type are you wanting to create more of? Why do so many relationships no longer work or last on this planet? It is because of the very reasons given above in the quote. The majority of human 'love' in actual reality are based on attachment, grasping, needing, wanting of ownership, habit, fear of change, anxiety and fear of loss and separation. Is this love? No. Few care to see this truth, but what they often think is 'love' is really often all of the above. All this 'love' is sought outside ones self, through the 'other', when in reality it is within your Self. We are complete within already so why attempt to create more outside our complete Self? This is a distraction created by the mind to stop us seeing our completeness which already lies within.

Last edited by onebeing; 18-11-2013 at 08:19 AM.
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #50
oceans
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 543
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

You've highlighted the major problem of using certain words and terms. They are all overused, and interpreted from different places due to what we learnt and experienced. The words used by those that are there are close, but never it, and this is why everybody's job that are serious about this, is not to understand, but to find out for themselves. Theory will not get you there, but becoming practicable will. Put down the research, pick up a test tube, and see what's in it and whether or not it's true.

Last edited by oceans; 18-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.
oceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #51
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default 'Loving others'

I have 'loved others' until it hurt, until the force of this love became too much for my heart to take. I have also loved God with such a yearning my heart hurt to the point of breaking, however now I can honestly say I dont 'love any others'.


Quote:
When there is no experience of separation , 'love for another' disappears along with 'hate for another'. There can be only being-in-love : being inside love, the Beloved. And when it is understood that All This unfolds as the perfect dream in Consciousness, the Outpouring of Sat Chit Ananda, there is no need for anything to be other than it is. Love then becomes something neutral holding of What Is, in Gratitude, in Compassion, in Presence. - David Carse
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #52
lonestar
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,515
Likes: 7 (7 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebeing View Post


So to go back to your question, which type of 'love' are you asking about? Which type are you wanting to create more of? Why do so many relationships no longer work or last on this planet? It is because of the very reasons given above in the quote. The majority of human 'love' in actual reality are based on attachment, grasping, needing, wanting of ownership, habit, fear of change, anxiety and fear of loss and separation. Is this love? No. Few care to see this truth, but what they often think is 'love' is really often all of the above. All this 'love' is sought outside ones self, through the 'other', when in reality it is within your Self. We are complete within already so why attempt to create more outside our complete Self? This is a distraction created by the mind to stop us seeing our completeness which already lies within.
Brilliant post

I know this experience so well, from both sides….

lol im laughing cos im realizing how one self really is experiencing this from all sides.


Quote:
Originally Posted by onebeing View Post
I have 'loved others' until it hurt, until the force of this love became too much for my heart to take. I have also loved God with such a yearning my heart hurt to the point of breaking, however now I can honestly say I dont 'love any others'.


but im not sure about this one, does that include not loving your self? or the one self?

for me, loving others is beautiful.

i love falling in love with others

even with all the pain that comes from it.

but i guess not loving others, or not falling in love with others, is also beautiful in some way. god i must sound insane.

anyway let me send out a big virtual hug to you guys.

Some really good stuff being discussed, and I really respect how open you guys are.

This past week I have felt so stupid for spending so much time debating how we should be experiencing self. Arguing about the details instead of taking action. I feel like im going through another awakening right now and im not claiming to be living this way yet, but im starting to settle into a new perspective in life. but its not easy cos there is no settling into this perspective, not much of a foundation. Not many positions at all to stand on...not even the power of now, cause the now experience, has and will always be passed…. I feel that if we surrender to self with a lot less positions, we can create more action in reality, instead of wasting time debating what dont work, Im going to try and start to pay more attention to what does work in this reality, and build and create from there. And by creating, I mean just surrendering to what is already there and allowing it to be in reality.

So what works in this reality?

Imo pure awareness and unconditional love do

and thats where im building and creating from.

awareness of self = unconditional love of self

the more we are aware of our one self ("the one") the more we can love our selves unconditionally, from this position we can tap into more of the love thats already there, just not created yet, or allowed in, cos were still unaware of our one self. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

anyway what im about to say is not going to be very popular, and its really out there, but im starting to settle into this realization, and feel that from this position we can get some real work done.

together

If we are serious about creating more pure awareness or more unconditional love, then we really need to humble ourselves to self.

For example I love listening to birds singing their songs in the background. Its like meditation for me, and because I have lots of bird feeders around, I have lots of birds in my backyard. but my cat also loves my birds. She likes to catch them and not kill them right away, but slowly torture them, until the bird eventually dies of fright. She dont even eat them….she just loves torturing them to death.

Now who are we to say, that our one self, ("the one") doesn’t love the feeling of torture, more than unconditional love?

Who are we to say that our one self, dont prefer a unaware, hate filled world, full of suffering, as opposed to a pure awareness, unconditional love filled world?

and for oceans , who are we to say that our characters experience, in our dream last night, is any less important than the character in this awake reality?

all experiences are equal

all experiences are equal

imo this humble surrendering to self, (the one) is the best position to build and create from, what i desire

but in the end, its not just about how deep within we have gone, but about using what we have discovered to create the uncreated reality.

Anything we can imagine can become reality.

so we have to be careful what we are imagining.

In fact just us imagining a future world filled with more love and self awareness is already being experienced now, just because we imagined it

anyway thanks again for this thread

Last edited by lonestar; 19-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #53
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post


but im not sure about this one, does that include not loving your self? or the one self?
I am 'in-love' with the Self. I do not 'love' the Self, I can not say I love The Self as that would mean we are separate, there has to be an I and a Self to love each other, that leads me to the pain of separation, which I can not bear, so to be in-love, being as one, to be within love is what I am. If that makes any sense. I have faced so much pain in my yearning and seeking of the Self, of God, of the Source, that the pain of separation became too much to take, my heart was literally breaking. This duality so to speak became a living torture , it was then I discovered the teachings of Advaita that told me God is within, that the Self is never separate from us, that we are in fact one with God. All we need do is enter the spiritual Heart together as One.
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #54
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

for me, loving others is beautiful.

i love falling in love with others

even with all the pain that comes from it.

but i guess not loving others, or not falling in love with others, is also beautiful in some way. god i must sound insane.
Do not worry I have been called insane many times, it comes with the territory I feel.

To 'love others' is duality in action. You describe it beautifully with the inevitable pain that always follows human love. Even a couple that stay together for 60 years without a wrong word spoken face this pain when one dies. Pain always accompanies human love, it is law almost as long as you 'love another' this will happen. To love another means you see them as separate from yourself so you inevitably feel a sense of loss when it ends.

This is fine if you are happy with this, and you sound like you still fall in love, but a point comes when the realization dawns that this is duality and that to escape this endless circle of ups and downs one has to realize the truth of non-duality. People will not seek non duality or 'not two' until they are completely and utterly sick of the roller coaster ride they are on. I sought the truth because the pain of separation from my Source became too much, but others seek it from the immense pain and suffering love brings.

Duality is a play of the mind, the mind has created 'others' so we can 'fall in love' with them. Unfortunately in order to create this love opposite forces have to be manifested, which also bring with them hate, fear and all the rest of it, we cant have love of another unless we enter duality ( illusion).

Yes it is also very painful to stand up to the fact by loving others we are in an illusion, a dream of separateness. This is why most of the population do NOT want to wake up , waking up is painful, very painful. It just depends on HOW much people wish to wake up verses how much they are willing to live in a painful illusion. How many times they are willing to FALL in and out of love before the realization hits them that it never ends in complete inner happiness.


"For our life is now, and the love of it is now. We love variety, the play of pain and pleasure, we are fascinated by contrasts. For this we need the opposites and their apparent separation. We enjoy them for a time and then get tired and crave for the peace and silence of pure Being. The cosmic heart beats ceaselessly. I am the witness and the heart too."- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #55
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Anything we can imagine can become reality.

so we have to be careful what we are imagining.

In fact just us imagining a future world filled with more love and self awareness is already being experienced now, just because we imagined it

anyway thanks again for this thread
ABSOLUTELY the mind is a very powerful imaginative tool, it creates both the dreaming sleep state and the waking dream state. Anything you care to dream has the potential of happening on some plane or level, which is why it is very important to monitor our thoughts. We must become 'mindful' as the Buddhist say. Most thoughts are unconscious so the majority of what we manifest is unconscious, thoughts are a subtle form of energy and can manifest within your world/awareness. If the love you are manifesting above is for the Self alone then yes the self WILL be realized now, but if it is a dual love then the Self (God/Source) can not be realized now. The reason for this is that as long as love is seen as dual the Self is veiled. The veil of duality needs to be lifted to reveal the truth of the Self.
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #56
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

for me, loving others is beautiful.

i love falling in love with others

even with all the pain that comes from it.
Just heard a wonderful quote on the radio....very fitting a reason as to why humans were given the pain of love we have all experienced....

" The soul would have no rainbow if the eye had no tears "
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #57
alisa2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 5,160
Likes: 387 (310 Posts)
Default

Quote:
To love another means you see them as separate from yourself so you inevitably feel a sense of loss when it ends.
I don't know... I think the pain we feel when we lose someone comes from being human. If we felt nothing, then we would be like the character Meursault in the novel The Stranger by Albert Camus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranger_%28novel%29

"Part one begins with Meursault learning of his mother's death. At her funeral, he expresses none of the expected emotions of grief. When asked if he wishes to view the body, he says no, and, instead, smokes and drinks coffee with milk in front of the coffin. Rather than expressing his feelings, he only comments to the reader about the others at the funeral. He later encounters Marie, a former employee of his firm, and the two become re-acquainted and begin to have a sexual relationship, regardless of the fact that Meursault's mother died just a day before. In the next few days, he helps his friend and neighbour, Raymond Sintès, take revenge on a Moorish girlfriend suspected of infidelity. For Raymond, Meursault agrees to write a letter to his girlfriend, with the sole purpose of inviting her over so that Raymond can have sex with her but kick her out at the last minute as emotional revenge. Meursault sees no reason not to help him, and it pleases Raymond. He does not express concern that Raymond's girlfriend is going to be emotionally hurt, as he believes Raymond's story that she has been unfaithful, and he himself is both somewhat drunk and characteristically unfazed by any feelings of empathy. In general, he considers other people either interesting or annoying or feels nothing of them at all."

Last edited by alisa2; 19-11-2013 at 07:54 PM.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #58
alisa2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 5,160
Likes: 387 (310 Posts)
Default

Quote from the book A Theory of Knowledge by Rudolf Steiner

"....This is a total misconception about Goethe's nature. To be sure, Goethe was no philosopher in the usual sense of the word; but it should not be forgotten that the wonderful harmony of his personality led Schiller to say: “The poet is the only true human being.” What Schiller understood here by “true human being” was Goethe. There was not lacking in his personality any element that belongs to the highest expression of the universally human."
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #59
onebeing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,182
Likes: 21 (20 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisa2 View Post
I don't know... I think the pain we feel when we lose someone comes from being human.
You have touched on a difficult area, that if we wish to realize our true Cosmic Self, our Totally Complete Self then we can not expect to stay as we are. This pain needs to be seen for what it is, pain of separation, in a way it needs to be transmuted into compassion for our human condition. Its not about feeling nothing, its about knowing why the pain is there and understanding it and being compassionate towards it.

The spiritual Advaita teacher Eckhart Tolle said that even with all his understanding that Self is One, he could still not stop crying at his fathers funeral. Although he had Realized the Self as One, on another level he was also a man. He saw no conflict with this paradox and was able to feel compassion towards the human pain.
onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #60
alisa2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 5,160
Likes: 387 (310 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebeing View Post
Although he had Realized the Self as One, on another level he was also a man.

a man ?

More like just being human. Crying is a human thing, not a man or woman thing.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.