Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 11-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #41
opas23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Beloved replied, I have died to myself and I live for you.
I’ve disappeared from myself and my attributes,
I am present only for you.
Funnily enough, the late Douglas E Harding described his faceless or headless experiments, as exactly that.

Sitting here, typing these words, I find no head nor face nor eyes, but only a {w**hole through which seeing is happening. And where there should be a head, face, eyes...is a void or tunnel as Robert Anton Wilson used to describe it, through which my features are replaced by the objects in the room/world/universe.

The death of the false idea is an act of pure love.

And now, I disappear, I die, so that love and light shine through uncluttered.

Namaste.
How many of the ways (disciplines, exercises, practices) recommended as helpful, or even necessary, for the attainment of Satori are not in fact consequences of that state erroneously suggested as means? Wei Wu Wei
opas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #42
opas23

Turn the speakers right on up!

How many of the ways (disciplines, exercises, practices) recommended as helpful, or even necessary, for the attainment of Satori are not in fact consequences of that state erroneously suggested as means? Wei Wu Wei
Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #43
heartbeatsalute

Crazy Little Thing Called Love, QUEEN 1:46
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 11-10-2012 at 09:21 PM.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #44
lonestar
Inactive

like ozzy, freddie mercury is god!

lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #45
lonestar
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by opas23 View Post

Keeping within the spirit of this whole true love thingy, I would like to offer some words which may upset the apple cart a wee bit, but that is not the intention here. The intention is to expand and possibly broaden a quite narrow view of something which encompasses all and everything within, and as, it's impersonal wholeness.

So here we go:~

'True love' may be way way out and beyond any idea or understanding we try and squeeze into language.

And it is for this very reason that the concept of true love actually includes it's apparent and seemingly opposite of hate and fear.

In orther words; true love is everything and nothing, all at once, otherwise it would not be.

Ofcourse there's nothing wrong at all by trying to seek out only one exclusive and apparent side to all that is, no.

But any denial of the whole and complete picture, whilst trying to attain an exclusiveness in and towards life, will simply result in the fluffy spiritdual love movement we see as so so popular these days.

I am that, you are that, and that's that.

Loveliness to all.

And all to loveliness.

Opas23.

im grateful for your posts, they help teach me tolerance.

and as former hard core drug addict, its easy for me to see someone whos also addicted to something, even something like non duality.

and i know in my heart that a intellectual understanding of non duality will only get you so high for so long. it wont last, and eventually you will have to listen to your crying heart and soul for love.

only love is eternal.

even the little bumps of playfulness with the language, that the non dualies love to get high on, will not last..

only a knowledge of love will last.

the problem with non duality, is it doesn't allow for any growth.

and btw in my opinion, non duality is not doing the world any favors with its all just a illusion, and nothing exists dogma.

damn.....it would be like me telling all the non dual junkies to "just say no" to your non duality addiction, because your addiction really doesnt exist anyways.... lol

thats naive and it wont work. it takes knowledge, like a understanding that yes everything is emptiness, but the emptiness is also form.

so yes, love is emptiness, but it is also love.

get it?

it does not mean that nothing exists, they exist in relative terms, and respect for the relative is very important!

this is why the knowledge of love is so important!!!!

i said a few weeks back in the unity consciousness thread that we should already be teaching inner body awareness and breathing techniques in schools. and now after reading all these great posts about love from different people all over the world, let me add that we should also be teaching kids in school about real love. we have to bring in some more heart teaching, and love teaching to our school systems.

could you imagine how this new love teaching in the school system, could change the perception of reality in this world?

wow!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #46
opas23

Default Fall In Love With This.

Quote:
im grateful for your posts, they help teach me tolerance.
Likewise m8, I'm extremely grateful for all of your posts, and especially starting this wonderful thread.

Quote:
and as former hard core drug addict, its easy for me to see someone whos also addicted to something, even something like non duality.

and i know in my heart that a intellectual understanding of non duality will only get you so high for so long. it wont last, and eventually you will have to listen to your crying heart and soul for love.
LoL

To be honest, and I've said this many many times, I personally find a lot of the 'nondollies' feckin eedyits!

Most of it is utter shite, y'know.

Ultimately...yes, it's all one, BUT and it's a very big but; it's just a way of communicating sometimes that underneath all the excitement and fullness of living my life with it's ups and downs and ins and outs and absolute wonder of living a full~on and radically normal life on the surface, ultimately and dynamically my life is bursting full of love, and there is nothing of any benefit from a very old and dead idea regarding nondollieness y'know.

When I speak and type about it, yes, sometimes it may sound like a way which I choose to live etc., but that is to miss the point completely. I do not!

My message is to live life to the fullest, in love, hate, pain, pleasure, sweet, sour etc. etc. etc.

This is not about denying anything or being addicted to anything, no.

This is about falling completely head~over~heels in love with the simple and plain astonishment of life as it wonderfully unfolds in this moment.

Free Falling...
Old 12-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #47
thirsty4

Love is someone who makes you chuckle
thirsty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #48
lonestar
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by opas23 View Post
LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirsty4 View Post
right lol

Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #49
torus
Inactive

Real love...

A learning curve through the various manifestations and stages of love

The "agape" of the infant ("lest ye become as little children, ya' ain't gonna see the kingdom..." JC) the big "don't know" mind of Jesus the Buddha.

It's the inherent goodness and beauty that I often see in the sparkling eyes of infants and children. It's the beautiful blank slate of consciousness absorbing and mirroring what it's being taught, the eyes saying, "teach me!". I don't need a commandment from somebody's God to know that this child needs love, tenderness, infinite patience, respect, honesty. Society needs to reflect upon the life force more.

It's the raging hormones, the needs, the "REAL" love!!! (she loves me, she loves me not, she loves me...) the blind alley, the posturing, the seeking, the not knowing, the "screwing" up, the getting, the giving, it's the sorE. The Eros

It's all that. Quite often at the expense of 'philia' (brotherly love) being diminished as Eros takes center stage. Philia is also often diminished or negated by shitty neighbours, red lights, the lunkhead (completely subjective), the Bush, the Blair, the Cheney, the Kissinger, the Clinton, the Inquisition, the IMF, the UN, the fall of Rome, the crucifixion of Christ, the Madonna tour, the Netanyahu, the independent Zionist State, the EU, the Arctic, the AIPAC, the .....

So, one hopes to advance well in years. And at best return to state of agape in the "don't know" mind of the senior. Who finally sees....the light.
torus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #50
heartbeatsalute

Quote:
like ozzy, freddie mercury is god!

Sure is lonestar!
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #51
heartbeatsalute

Here is a beautiful love poem of Alexander Pushkin

A Magic Moment I Remember

A magic moment I remember:
I raised my eyes and you were there.
A fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that's beautiful and rare.

I pray to mute despair and anguish
To vain pursuits the world esteems,
Long did I near your soothing accents,
Long did your features haunt my dreams.

Time passed- A rebel storm-blast scattered
The reveries that once were mine
And I forgot your soothing accents,
Your features gracefully divine.

In dark days of enforced retirement
I gazed upon grey skies above
With no ideals to inspire me,
No one to cry for, live for, love.

Then came a moment of renaissance,
I looked up- you again are there,
A fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that`s beautiful and rare.

Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799 – 1837)

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 12-10-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #52
lighthouse

Default The church of Love...

The following text is a fragment from a Cathar text from 1148.

It does not exist in a fixed form,
but only by the mutual agreement of persons.
If has no members except for those who feel that they belong to it.
It has no rivals because it does not nourish the spirit of competition.
It has no ambition because it only wishes to serve.
It does not have any national boundaries because love does not act this way.
If does not close itself off, as it tries to enrich all groups and religions.
It respects all the great teachers of all times who revealed the truth of love.

All who belong to it, practice the truth of love with their whole being.
He, who belongs to it, knows that.

It does not try to teach other; but only tries to be and by being to give.
It lives in the knowledge that the whole earth is a living being
and that we are part of it.
It knows that the time of the last return has arrived;
the way of self-surrender, in free will to return to unity.

It does not make itself known by loud words,
but works in the free domain of being.
It salutes all those who have enlightened the path of love
and gave their lives for it.

It does not create any ranks in its midst and no elevation of anybody, because the one is no greater than the other.
It does not promise reward neither in this or in another life, yet only the joy of being in that love.

Its members recognise each other by their behaviour, their way of being,
by the look in their eyes and by no other external act than to embrace
each other in a brotherly and sisterly way.
They know neither fear nor shame
and their witness will always be truthful in good as in bad times.

The church of love has no secret,
has neither mystery nor initiation except for the deep knowledge of the power of love,
as the world must change, if we as persons wish it so;
but only if firstly we change ourselves.

All those who feel that they belong to it do indeed belong.
They belong to the church of love.

Last edited by lighthouse; 12-10-2012 at 06:58 PM.
lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #53
heartbeatsalute

Old 13-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #54
heartbeatsalute

Quote:
Couldn't agree more, laughter is a good thing in love.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 13-10-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 13-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #55
heartbeatsalute

Quote:
Couldn't agree more, laughter is a good thing in love.
Old 13-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #56
heartbeatsalute

Quote:
i said a few weeks back in the unity consciousness thread that we should already be teaching inner body awareness and breathing techniques in schools. and now after reading all these great posts about love from different people all over the world, let me add that we should also be teaching kids in school about real love. we have to bring in some more heart teaching, and love teaching to our school systems.

could you imagine how this new love teaching in the school system, could change the perception of reality in this world?

wow!!!
In some countries, meditation is begining to be taught in basic school. So some of that is happening. Hope we will have a better inner world.
Some schools are teaching how to use your intelligence not your memory,
and your emotional intelligence, related with your heart.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 13-10-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 13-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #57
heartbeatsalute

http://www.vipassana.com/meditation/...ime_states.php

The Four Sublime States
Contemplations on Love, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy and Equanimity

by Nyanaponika Thera

(Excerpt) LOVE (Metta)

Love, without desire to possess, knowing well that in the ultimate sense there is no possession and no possessor: this is the highest love.

Love, without speaking and thinking of "I," knowing well that this so-called "I" is a mere delusion.

Love, without selecting and excluding, knowing well that to do so means to create love's own contrasts: dislike, aversion and hatred.

Love, embracing all beings: small and great, far and near, be it on earth, in the water or in the air.

Love, embracing impartially all sentient beings, and not only those who are useful, pleasing or amusing to us.

Love, embracing all beings, be they noble-minded or low-minded, good or evil. The noble and the good are embraced because Love is flowing to them spontaneously. The low-minded and evil-minded are included because they are those who are most in need of Love. In many of them the seed of goodness may have died merely because warmth was lacking for its growth, because it perished from cold in a loveless world.

Love, embracing all beings, knowing well that we all are fellow wayfarers through this round of existence -- that we all are overcome by the same law of suffering.

Love, but not the sensuous fire that burns, scorches and tortures, that inflicts more wounds than it cures -- flaring up now, at the next moment being extinguished, leaving behind more coldness and loneliness than was felt before.

Rather, Love that lies like a soft but firm hand on the ailing beings, ever unchanged in its sympathy, without wavering, unconcerned with any response it meets. Love that is comforting coolness to those who burn with the fire of suffering and passion; that is life-giving warmth to those abandoned in the cold desert of loneliness, to those who are shivering in the frost of a loveless world; to those whose hearts have become as if empty and dry by the repeated calls for help, by deepest despair.

Love, that is a sublime nobility of heart and intellect which knows, understands and is ready to help.

Love, that is strength and gives strength: this is the highest Love.

Love, which by the Enlightened One was named "the liberation of the heart," "the most sublime beauty": this is the highest Love.

And what is the highest manifestation of Love?

To show to the world the path leading to the end of suffering, the path pointed out, trodden, and realized to perfection by Him, the Exalted One, the Buddha.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 13-10-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 13-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #58
heartbeatsalute

IT'S A SIN TO TELL A LIE

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 13-10-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 13-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #59
heartbeatsalute

Mishka says I love you

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 13-10-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 14-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #60
lonestar
Inactive

Default Mount the stallion of Love and do not Fear

Love’s horse will carry you home.

The whole world could be choked with thorns
A Lover’s heart will stay a rose garden.
The wheel of heaven could wind to a halt
The world of Lovers will go on turning.
Even if every being grew sad, a Lover’s soul
Will stay fresh, vibrant, light.
Are all the candles out? Hand them to a Lover -
A Lover shoots out a hundred thousand fires.
A lover may be solitary, but he is never alone.
For companion he always has the hidden Beloved.
The drunkenness of Lovers comes from the soul,
And Love’s companion stays hidden in secret.
Love cannot be deceived by a hundred promises;
It knows how innumerable the ploys of seducers are.
Wherever you find a Lover on a bed of pain
You find the Beloved right by his bedside.
Mount the stallion of Love and do not fear the path -
Love’s stallion knows the way exactly.
With one leap, Love’s horse will carry you home.
However black with obstacles the way may be.”

Rumi