Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 21-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted Dolls, Objects, Books, Beds, Pictures

Robert the Possessed Doll.
Probably the most famous haunted plaything ever, Robert is a doll that now resides – happily, they say - in The East Martello Museum in Key West, Florida.

Many of you are already acquainted with Robert, the lifelong companion of painter Robert Eugene (called Gene) Otto, who received the three-foot-tall straw companion from his Bahamian nanny when he was just a small boy. The doll would be with him for the remainder of his life.
There are a number of stories about the nanny, obviously the pivotal figure in this doll drama. Many say that, although she dearly loved young Gene, she was mistreated and abused by his parents on a regular basis. Some versions of the tale have the nanny practicing the dark Voodoo arts and giving the doll to Robert out of revenge for her ill treatment, but there is nothing to support this being the case. Evidently, Gene received the doll, said to be a replica of him, as a gift of love.
He promptly named it Robert.

To say that Robert stayed by Gene’s side is an understatement, for Gene was never without the little plaything. He even dressed it in his own clothes and spent hours on end playing in his nursery with only the doll as company. It is said that he was often heard talking to the doll and answering himself in an entirely different voice. Gene slept, ate and traveled with Robert by his side.

Within months after the arrival of the doll in the Otto household, strange things began to occur. Objects would go missing and turn up broken, Gene took to the unhealthy habit of sneaking out of his window and wandering the grounds at night, and his parents began to suspect him of all kinds of mischief. If he was caught in the act, Gene would always hold out Robert and say, “Robert did it!”

Although some dismissed the unusual events as the product of an overactive child, others close to the family began to whisper that somehow the doll was to blame.

Soon the doll apparently became bolder. It no longer seemed to require Gene’s company to move about the house. In the still hours of the night, the servants would often wake to the sound of hollow, pattering footsteps. Too frightened to inspect the cause, they would usually cower in their beds until dawn. Weird humming and singing was heard to come from the nursery if Gene inadvertently left Robert there alone. None of the servants was eager to clean Gene’s rooms; nobody liked to turn their back on the doll.

As time went by, the Ottos grew older and each, in turn, died, leaving the adult Gene – and Robert – to live in the house. They spent several years there alone until Gene ultimately met and married a local socialite and took her home to live.

From the moment she arrived, the creepy doll disturbed the new Mrs. Otto and eventually she prevailed upon her husband to put it away. Robert was relegated to rooms in the attic, where he was to remain – mostly – for the rest of Gene Otto’s life.

“Mostly,” because, according to the stories, Robert often left the attic on his own. There are several accounts by the servants and Mrs. Otto herself of Robert being seen darting up and down the attic stairs. Mrs. Otto was often troubled by the sound of the doll’s dancing feet tapping the attic floor above her, and one time was alarmed to hear the doll’s voice singing in the old nursery. Upon entering, she found the doll sitting in one of Gene’s old rocking chairs. When she confronted her husband about taking the doll from the attic when it disturbed her so, she was met with the obtuse statement, “Robert did it!” yet again. When Mrs. Otto eventually preceded her husband in death, many wondered, “Did Robert do it?”

It was widely believed that the death of Gene Otto in 1972 would put an end to the ghostly activity of the haunted doll. It was quickly learned, however, that true evil never dies, and while the house stood empty reports of the awful doll still continued. Many people would hear the sound of singing coming from the house at night and on more than one occasion the gruesome doll is said to have frightened school children by peering out the window in the attic turret and making faces at them.
Eventually, a new family purchased the old house and Robert the Doll was discovered in his attic home and was promptly presented to the family’s youngest daughter, then aged 10, as a housewarming gift.

From the moment she received the doll the child was plagued by horrible nightmares. More than once, she claims, she awoke to find the doll sitting on her face, attempting, she believed, to suffocate her. It seemed that Robert intensely disliked being left behind by Gene and had no love for his new “owner.” It was also painfully obvious that he did not like little girls because he is blamed for having torn up and mutilated most of the young girl’s other dolls. When the family pet became mysteriously entwined in the cord of the nursery Venetian blinds, Robert was once again consigned to the attic.

When the family finally moved and the home was converted into the Artist’s House historic location as it stands today, Robert was donated to The East Martello Museum not far away. It quickly became evident, however, that Robert was still up to his old tricks.
Museum workers began to report strange activity after the arrival of the doll, including one volunteer who was terrorized when the doll apparently spent most of a day following her around. Eventually, the doll was encased in a plastic display case in which it remains to this day. Still, there are those who claim that even this cannot contain the evil doll and it is often blamed for numerous odd occurrences in and around the museum.

Once a year, in October, Robert the Doll (in his case) is taken to the Historic Custom House where he is placed on display. Some visitors comment about the seemingly odd practice of peppermints being placed in the display case along with the doll. They are usually fittingly creeped out by the explanation: Robert, it seems, loves peppermints, and placing some in his case will keep him from wanting to roam at night. Skeptics might scoff at this practice, but it is reported by museum and Custom House staff alike that each morning during his October visit there are empty peppermint wrappings littering the bottom of Robert’s display case…

Robert the Doll, still clad in one of Gene Otto’s sailor suits and clutching a small teddy bear, can be visited at The East Martello Museum and, in October, at the Historic Custom House in Key West, Florida.
http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...e/haunteddoll/
wonderfullife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Robert the Doll

Old 21-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
neutrino
Inactive

I'll just say what's on everyones minds:-

"My names chucky, wanna play?"
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Mandy the Haunted doll

Mandy the Haunted Doll lives at the Quesnel Museum, which is located on the Old Cariboo Gold Rush Trail in British Columbia. There she is just one of over thirty thousand artifacts on display for the public, but there is little doubt that she is the most unique.
Mandy was donated to the museum in 1991. At that time her clothing was dirty, her body was ripped and her head was full of cracks. At that time she was estimated to be over ninety years old. The saying around the museum is, “She may seem like an ordinary antique doll, but she is much more than that.”

The woman who donated Mandy, also called Mereanda, told the museum curator that she would wake up in the middle of the night hearing a baby crying from the basement. When she investigated, she would find a window near the doll open where it had previously been closed and the curtains blowing in the breeze. The donor later told the curator that after the doll was given to the museum, she was no longer disturbed by the sounds of a baby crying in the night.

Some say Mandy has unusual powers. Many speculate that the doll has acquired these powers over the years, but since little is known of the doll’s history nothing can be said for certain. What is certain is the unusual effect she seems to have on everyone around her.

As soon as Mandy arrived at the museum, staff and volunteers began to have weird and unexplainable experiences. Lunches would disappear from the refrigerator and later be found tucked away in a drawer; footsteps were heard when no one was around; pens, books, photos and many other small items would go missing – some were never found and some turned up later. The staff passed these events off as absent-mindedness, but this did not account for everything.
Mandy did not have a permanent “home” inside the museum when she first arrived. She was placed in the museum entranceway, facing the public, and visitors would stare and talk about the doll with the cracked and broken face and sinister smile. Eventually, Mandy was moved to another part of the museum where she was carefully placed alone in a display case because museum staff had been told that she should not be placed with other dolls because she would harm them.

Since her permanent placement there have been many stories about encounters with the haunted doll. One visitor was videotaping Mandy only to have the camera light go on and off every 5 seconds. When the visitor’s camera was turned on another exhibit, it functioned just fine. (It is interesting to note that the same thing often happens when visitors try to photograph Robert the Doll in his Key West museum home.)

Some visitors are very disturbed by the doll’s eyes, which they say appear to follow them around the room. Others claim to have seen the doll actually blink, and still others say they have seen the doll in one position and minutes later she will appear to have moved.

Although they’re used to it by now, museum staff and volunteers still prefer not to be the last one working or locking up the museum at the end of the day.
For more on Mandy and the Quesnel Museum follow this link. www.city.quesnel.bc.ca/Museum2004/Mandy.asp
Old 21-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

When I get a reported haunted doll to investigate, I do a lot of research on them. From who owned it to who purchased it and where it has been over it's life time. Some dolls have traveled the world others have witnessed many tragedy's. And in my own senses of being I wonder what paranormal memories and effects these dolls tend to embody.

In the begining I use to buy them from several haunted doll auctions on Ebay , then from local thrift stores. Then as time went on friends would bring me their own treasured heirlooms to study and verify. Some dolls I have found are only haunted when in possession of the owner. Some just become inanimate when in possession of strangers where I find that others become more active when in the possession of a stranger. And there are still those that have dolls in their attics or basements and ask me to ... Please get her out of our home! Some tell strange stories of dolls walking talking and witnessed the doll levitating and flying through the home! In my private investigations I try to validate these claims, and in some cases I find that the Haunted doll Phenomena is very real! Such is the case of Pupa.

It is not uncommon for children to have imaginary Doll friends. Often times, a mischievous child will blame some wrongdoing on a spectral presence or a favorite doll, and parents will dismiss it as a bright imagination. But what happens when the doll begins to torment the child and terrorize anyone who lives within the household?

Often I consider if If doll has never done anything away from the house where it is kept, or away from it's owner, then I'd be more inclined to associate it with one of the entities within the persons house itself, and it probably is a separate entity attached to the doll, then the above observations could be used. I always consider this first in all paranormal objects I investigate. I never rule out a spirit, or a specific spirit associated exclusively with the doll, my gut is telling me that it's probably a mundane item being acted upon by one of the spirits in the persons house.

Pupa is said to move by herself. Often she is said to push things around in the display case where the family who owns her keep her. Since the passing of the original owner in 2005 the family reports that the haunted doll has become very active and seems to want to be released from where she is kept.

Still dressed in his blue felt suit, she has also reportedly pulled pranks aplenty on those who care for her. Often, Pupa was placed differently than when the family last saw her. More than once, the family have reported hearing a sound like someone tapping on glass as they pass Pupa's display case. When they turn to look, they have seen Pupa's hand pressed against the glass or her legs crossed when they were not before.
The particular doll in this article was original made in the exact likeness of the child in Trieste, Italy for the original owner. This custom has been around for ages. Some even made with the actual hair of the child in question. Some dolls of this type actually were made using hair of the child who's likeness it was copied. Or the hair that someone sold to a doll maker such is the case of Pupa. For reasons unknown, dolls seem to attract spirits. More troubling, dolls seem to become easily imbued with the spirit of the child to whom it most closely connected. And there is ample evidence to at least provoke suspicion that some dolls stay connected via this childhood link for years, even generations after their childhood playmate has grown to adulthood or succumbed to early death.

The Haunted Dolls History

The original owner had it from the age of 5 or 6 (1920's) until she died in July of 2005. The doll survived World War II, and many, many close calls to it's destruction over the years. The owner cherished it always through out her long life. The doll traveled from Italy to the United States then back to Italy and across Europe and finally to the USA once again where it is now.

Also if you look at the photos in this article you can see where Pupa's face changes. It seems to me that she either reacts or shows emotion. None of these photos have been altered except cropped for the story.
The actual haunted doll you are looking at, is 14 inches tall and was made in the 1920’s. The head, arms, and legs and clothes are made out of felt, and are moveable, the hair is real human hair. The button sewn to her collar was from the owners Grandmother who died and was sewn on at the end of World War II.
The Doll who she lovingly called Pupa was even photographed with her and her brother in Italy Circa 1928.

Always she would say Pupa was alive and had a mind of her own. She even told her grand children stories that it was her best friend and most beloved confidant. She told them Pupa talked to her over the years and even saved her life.

I take photographs. I use my EMF’s which I have a few of, and I also take infrared videos of the dolls. I have recently started a new method of studying the dolls recording EVP's and videotaping them as they sit alone on shelves or in rooms with people to see what the doll might do or how they interact. Pupa seems to move by herself changing position and at times even changing her painted expression. Sometimes her painted on eyes seem to open wider others times they follow you around the room.

I usually place a small video camera focused on the doll I am investigating and film it for hours against a dark background. Pupa's head seems to move at times as well as change directions, her arms and legs do the same. Often very slowly but the effects can be measured.
The University of Washington's developmental psychologist Stephanie Carlson thinks imaginary friends can be a positive experience for children. She says, "There's a certain amount of control over a relationship with an imaginary friend that you don't have with a real friend. It's a practice ground". It is also believed that negative companions can help children work out conflicts. Carlson also says, "These are not all smooth interactions, but can still be useful and functional in development, even if they're not all friendly". I wonder could this apply to dolls as well? Do we unintentionally fill them with a life force? Could a haunted human hair doll spark a ghostly connection to the long dead donor.
Other dolls are created for the enjoyment of the collector, and although they are never “played with” in the traditional sense they still can become objects of devotion and even obsession. Any avid doll collector will tell you that it can be hard to pass up the opportunity to purchase or obtain a beautiful, desirable doll. These dolls are no less loved and the emotional connection is no less intense; often these collectible dolls are the objects of the most terrifying haunted events.

"Her eyes follow you as you walk past! And she gives you a feeling of fear and wonder that I can't even describe!" "I don't think the Photos convey this."

Investigating Real Haunted Dolls

EQUIPMENT
Sony Digital Camera, Video Cam Corder, mini tape recorder digital and analog, Polaroid Camera, 35mm Camera, Digital thermometer, Infrared Scope with Night Vision are some of the things I use. I also record all my findings in a note book and on my computer.

To anyone that might be interested in investigating real haunted dolls I suggest for you to on any on-line auction web site, and you'll see many auctions for reported real haunted dolls. Haunted dolls seem to be the current paranormal rage for both ghost hunters and curious people who want a real ghost in their home, but there's a great chance you might just get an old un haunted doll that you might have paid too much for doll that is only haunted by the price you paid. Remember, Buyer beware!
http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...myhaunteddoll/
Old 21-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
I'll just say what's on everyones minds:-

"My names chucky, wanna play?"
I know creepy.
I think my daughter has a haunted doll it does not seem to be malevolent.
It's eyes change colour from blue to green.
Old 21-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Devil Baby of Bourbon Street

Above the call of the fruit and vegetable vendors and the cries of the Brusle bakers selling their daily wares could be heard the disconcerting yammering of a child that was not of this world!

Today, above the modern din of honky tonks and partying crowds, it is said the unearthly, chilling cries still pierce the dark night!

This is the Story:
The Tale of the Devil’s Own Child –
The Devil Baby,
The Godchild of Madame LaLaurie!

In the early days of Marie Laveau’s rise to fame her clientele consisted mainly of Negroes, country folk and other free people of color whose long association with the practices of Vodusi and rootworkers made her a natural attraction to them.

But at the height of her power, when her mystique was talked about constantly in the salons of the rich Creoles and whitebread Americans, Marie Laveau began to receive visits from the upper crust of society. And it was her service to this sector that embroiled her in one of the greatest legends of Old New Orleans: the Devil Baby of Bourbon Street.

Mam’selle Laveau was often called to the ornate mansion on Dauphine Street to delight and amuse the doyenne of the famous Creole family who lived there and all her idle and very wealthy friends. The Voodoo Queen had been referred to the ladies by a woman of the highest social standing in the city, none other than Madame Delphine LaLaurie. The family was a well-known, old line New Orleans family who had risen to prominence through their dealings with the wealthy Americans who lived on the Uptown side of Canal Street.

The Creole family of Dauphine Street had a beautiful daughter named Camille and according to legend, when Camille came of age she had many suitors. To her great disappointment, however, all of them were Creole. To most young women of her station, this would be a fabulous dilemma; but for Camille, it was truly disheartening. All her life she had been envious of the wealth and station of the Americans, of their fabulous homes built in the Northern style, and of their immutable business dealings, all of which ended in profit that the Americans did not hesitate to flaunt.

In her few visits to the American quarter, Camille befriended the daughter of an American family, Josephine Brody, who often invited Camille to her home for tea and other activities. It was on one of these outings that Camille, it is said, met the man who would change her life forever and gain her a place in Haunted New Orleans history.

Mackenzie Bowes was a Scotsman by birth, though his history and how he had obtained his considerable fortune were obscure. He never made much comment on it and the shallow Americans in whose circles he moved with such ease were satisfied to know that he was “obscenely wealthy” and that the money was “very old,” coming down from old Scottish Lairds and some very lucrative family connections. He had arrived upon the steps of the Brody home in the company of August Brody, the eldest son, whom he had accompanied from New York. He was looking for a place to settle down, the Brodies were told, and New Orleans seemed just the place for a man like Mackenzie Bowes.

From the moment she laid eyes on the dark, handsome Scotsman, Camille was smitten and she began to look for every opportunity to spend more and more time with the Brodies and their Scottish houseguest. It greatly pleased Josephine and her family when Bowes began to return Camille’s interest with an immediate attentiveness and devotion. Camille’s parents, who also became regular houseguests of the American Brodies, encouraged the romance, hoping for a fine union for their daughter.

But not all were so delighted. In scorning her Creole suitors, Camille had mostly embarrassed them and wounded their pride; nearly all turned their attentions to other sultry Creole daughters. Nearly all, that is, except Etienne Lafossat Matthieu.

It did not please him at all that he had been set aside by Camille like a plaything that had outlasted her attention. As Camille’s romance and her stature among the Americans grew, it was clear to all, including Etienne, that marriage was imminent. When Bowes threw off his Presbyterian faith and converted to Catholicism, marriage was certain, and shortly after the bans were announced in St. Louis Cathedral.

All this while, Marie Laveau had watched with interest and she was not surprised in the least when Matthieu came to her cottage on St. Ann imploring her aid. He wanted Camille back, he said at first, but when the Voodoo Queen shook her head and assured him it could not be so, then Matthieu ground his fist into the table and pronounced: “Then I want her dead!”

To his surprise, Mam’selle Laveau laughed at his request. “You cannot know what you ask, boy,” she said in her heavy Creole French. “You will pay dearly for me to take her life. Are you ready for this?”

Matthieu thought it through as quickly as his fevered mind could. “Then make her suffer, like she has made me suffer. She goes to the Americans to make a spectacle of herself: make a spectacle of her for all to see.”

Marie Laveau spat upon the ground and stamped the spot with her feet. “So let it be,” she said, then set about instructing Matthieu on all the things she would need to make a fetish and to effect a good curse.

“Bring these to me within a week,” she told him, “and be patient after that. You will see the Scotsman ruined and Camille suffer as you have asked. Now, go!”

On a bright October morning Camille became the bride of the dark, mysterious Scotsman in the halls of the great St. Louis Cathedral. All the high society of New Orleans, from both quarters, attended the fabulous wedding and the celebration at the family home afterward.

In the dark of her cupboard on St. Ann Street, Marie Laveau worked her charm. It would be months in coming, but Etienne Matthieu would have his revenge, and would regret the day he asked it.

When Camille and Mackenzie returned from their wedding trip the new bride was already pregnant. Beaming with delight, the handsome couple settled down in a townhome on the Rue Bourbon, not far from the French Market. While her husband went about his affairs in the day, Camille spent hours planning the nursery that would receive her child. Nothing could dim her enthusiasm or quell her excitement – except on one occasion when she happened upon Etienne Matthieu in the market. His scowl was so dark and intense that Camille thought she would faint and her mother, who was with her, called for the carriage to take her home.

Soon, however, the shadow passed. Or so it seemed.

Camille’s mother, Adelaide, began to become restless in her sleep. Never one to be plagued by sleeplessness or dreams, she began to have vivid nightmares that would wake her in the middle of the night; afterward, she would be so unnerved that she found it impossible to go back to sleep. She tried desperately to keep her troubles from Camille, not wanting to intrude upon the young woman’s joy, but one day the daughter confronted her. When Adelaide told Camille about her dreams and fitful sleep, the young mother-to-be was disturbed.

“My husband is having dreams as well,” she told her mother. “He wakes suddenly in the night, calling for me, but he will not tell me what he has dreamed, or why he cannot sleep again.”

This greatly troubled Adelaide and when she had departed from Camille she spied a beautiful mullatress selling fish beside the road and this immediately put her in mind of Mam’selle Laveau. As soon as she arrived home, Adelaide sent out a servant with a message for Marie Laveau.

Within a half hour, the servant returned and announced that Mam’selle Laveau was waiting to be admitted. Adelaide went to the door herself and quickly brought Marie into the house. For what seemed like an eternity the two were closeted together in the Creole parlor while Adelaide poured out her concerns and told Marie every detail of her troubling dreams. When she added that Camille’s husband was having nightmares too, a glimmer passed Marie’s dark eyes.

“I believe the child to be in the greatest danger,” Mam’selle Laveau finally pronounced. “This is what the ancestors are telling me. When Camille is confined and the time of her delivery comes, I alone should be called to midwife her. Otherwise, I fear there will be a great evil laid upon this child. The problem is with the husband, you know.”

This troubled Adelaide greatly and she could not understand the meaning of it, but assured by the Voodoo Queen that all would be well so long as she alone might bring the baby, Adelaide put aside her fears. She watched as her carriage clattered away down the cobblestoned streets of New Orleans, taking the mighty Mam’selle home to await the call.

Mackenzie Bowes was always a dark and mysterious man and much about his past he kept to himself. The most that Camille had been able to wrest from him was his connection to a family of Scottish lords called Strathmore. She learned that he was in line to inherit a title and possibly a castle, “But several male heirs before me would have to meet untimely ends!” he had said with a wink. So they would not be Lord and Lady of anything, thought Camille, but still, the idea of her child sharing in this noble bloodline was almost intoxicating.

Camille went to great expense in making the nursery a fitting place to receive such a child, and this to the great consternation of her husband, who it seemed wanted to distance himself from his Scottish past.

One day, while looking through a Gazetteer, Camille came across a story about the Earls of Strathmore and the gloomy Scottish castle they called home. It was a cursed place, or so the article said, and had been associated for ages with the darkest form of malign arts. “Glamis,” it read, “is purported to have locked within it’s walls the Devil himself!”

This disturbed Camille somewhat, for combined with the dreams and fitfulness of her husband and mother, this seemed to her an omen of some sort. She began to wonder, but soon all thoughts would turn to her delivery: her first labor pains began, and she entered her confinement.

Dutifully, Adelaide sent for Marie Laveau.

Camille’s labor was long and arduous but the patient Marie did not once leave her side. She would sooth her through her pains and pat her head with a cool towel. Sometimes she would talk in a sing-song to her using the strange French patois of the island Kreyola. And it seemed that Camille’s pangs were having a strange effect on Mackenzie as well, for as the pains increased and the delivery neared, Mackenzie became more and more agitated and nervous.

He insisted upon being in the room, but Marie Laveau was not one to be bullied and no sooner did he step inside than he was put out again. The Scotsman fidgeted as the time neared and would not be comforted. At last, unable to bear it, his mind seemed to completely collapse, and he ran from the home into the dark night.

Camille suffered greatly from the labor and mercifully passed into unconsciousness before death came for her. Her grieving family was inconsolable when Mam’selle Laveau told them that Camille could not be saved, but that the child had survived.

Now the Voodoo Queen looked at them and told them to be prepared. “There is a curse upon this child and it has nothing to do with your poor girl,” she said. “This is the work of years of malice and someone who hated this child enough to bring the devil out of hell to curse it.”

Then Marie Laveau revealed to the family the bundle laying in her arms. All present gasped in horror, including the family priest who had arrived in time to perform the last rites over Camille’s stiffening body. In the arms of the Voodoo woman was not a plump and blushing human baby, but a grotesque and lurid imitation, a horror, a curse.

Wails filled the room when the thing was exposed and all could see that where light tufts of hair should be were two lumps – the early roots of horns to come. Where little hands and feet should have been were the claws of some wild animal, like a possum or a raccoon. There were scales upon its body, though its genitals were perfectly formed and all could see it was a boy. But it was the eyes, the horrible, leering hell-like eyes that caused Adelaide to faint in despair and Camille’s poor father to turn his back.
“Take it!” he said to Marie.

“But Monsieur!” said the wily Vodusi. “What of his father!”

“IT’S father has thankfully gone mad! He was taken in by the Ursulines just an hour ago, ranting and foaming at the mouth. He is quite beyond our help!” came the heartless reply. “This is the curse of his family, NOT ours!”

“As you wish,” said Marie Laveau, as she bundled the little infant to her. A barely perceptible smile crossed her full lips as she passed out into the humid New Orleans night and made her way toward St. Ann Street.

But suddenly out of the shadows came the hunching form of Etienne Matthieu. Marie Laveau stopped suddenly but was not moved by the sight she saw: Etienne’s own curse had come home to roost and he was hideously deformed. Where once a handsome Creole man had been, there was now only the bent and broken form of a cripple. His face was so contorted that Marie knew no one save she alone could stand to look upon it.

“What have you done to me!” Etienne cried and lunged for Marie Laveau.

The Voodoo Queen held up a hand. “Stop!” she said in a commanding voice. “You are marked for all to see, Etienne, for Camille has died because of your hatred. Now you may be testament to her life. Go away, and do not show your face to me again. It offends me!” With that, Marie Laveau passed into the night, and Etienne passed into obscurity.

A thought came to the Voodoo Queen and she turned quickly on her heel, making her way to Royal Street and the familiar doorway of another infamous woman, Madame LaLaurie.

After the servants had let her inside, Marie was greeted in the crimson parlor of the fabulous LaLaurie home. When Marie had told her tale and shown the baby to Madame LaLaurie, the parlor rang with their laughter at what fools humans are to tamper with the will of the gods.

“But he must be baptized!” Madame said. “I know a priest who will do it right away! And I will stand for this child! It needs a godmother, after all!”

That is the history of the Devil Baby, but the story does not end there.

It is said that Marie Laveau and Madame LaLaurie shared the care of the unwanted child between them. Sometimes the child would be kept with Marie at her home on St. Ann; other times, Madame played host to it, and, it is said, she even had a nursery made for it on the second floor of her home.

Servants and slaves who caught glimpses of the baby began to whisper tales back and forth; when any came to the ears of either woman, the reaction was brutal and quick. Most of the gossips said that Marie and Madame used the baby to call to its true father, the Devil himself. But no one had any proof, and no one wanted to get close enough for it.

When Madame LaLaurie was chased from New Orleans after a fire in her home led to the discovery of horribly mutilated, tortured and dead slaves, the care of the “Devil Baby” fell to Marie – a duty she is said to have shared with her eldest children.

For a few years, the fact that such a monstrous being was kept in the heart of the French Quarter was the subject of continuous gossip. The pitiful and chilling wails were not of this earth, and whenever the rain would fall, it seemed, the baby would moan and howl incessantly, to the great disturbance of French Quarter residents.

One rainy day, however, there were no howls and shortly afterward the Laveau family was seen, all dressed in black, gathered in St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, where they were laying someone, or something to rest.

Could it have been the Devil Baby? Most people assumed this to be the case.

But if Marie Laveau buried the Devil Baby back in the 1800’s, then what’s howling and terrorizing tourists and locals alike all along Bourbon Street to this day?

THE DEVIL BABY'S GHOST STORY IS ONE OF NEW ORLEANS LOCAL FOLKLORE URBAN LEGENDS. THE ABOVE STORY IS A COMPILATION OF FROM ORAL TRADITIONS PASSED THROUGH OUT NEW ORLEANS OVER THE GENERATIONS.
http://www.hauntedneworleanstours.com/devilbaby/
Old 21-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Annabelle the possessed raggedy Anne Doll

Ed and Lorraine Warren arrived at the apartment and the case begins. "Ok girls, I’d like to hear the whole story, Who here can tell me?" "I can" said Donna. "All right, Lou, Angie, please add any details she leaves out," Ed directed.

"There are two stories," Donna said. " One that began earlier in the week with Lou. The other one’s about Annabelle. But I suppose they’re both about Annabelle." "Who’s Annabelle?" Ed promptly asked. "She belongs to Donna, she moves, she acts alive, but no, I don’t think she’s alive. She’s in the living room" said Angie, pointing across the table. There, sitting on the sofa.

" Lorraine looked to her left, into the living room. "Are you talking about the doll?" "That’s right," Angie replied, "the big raggedy Ann doll. "That’s Annabelle, she moves!" Ed got up and walked into the living room to inspect the doll. It was big and heavy, the size of a four-year-old child, sitting with its legs stretched out on the sofa. The black pupil-less eyes stared back at him, while the painted-on smile gave the doll an expression of grim irony. Looking it over without touching the thing, Ed then returned to the kitchen. "Where did the doll come from?" Ed asked Donna.
"It was a gift" Donna replied, "My mother gave it to me on my last birthday." "Is there some reason why she bought you a doll?" Ed wanted to know. "No. It was just something novel-a decoration" the young nurse answered. "Okay." Ed went on. "When did you first start noticing activity occur?" "About a year ago," replied Donna. "The doll started to move around the apartment by itself. I don’t mean it got up and walked around, or any such thing. I mean when we’d come home from work it would never be quite where we left it." "Explain that part to me a little more" Ed requested. "After I got the doll for my birthday," Donna explained, "I put it on my bed each morning after the bed was made. The arms would be off to its sides and its legs would be straight out-just like it’s sitting there now. But when we’d come home at night, the arms and legs would be positioned in different gestures. For instance, its legs would be crossed at the ankles, or its arms would be folded in its lap. After a week or so, this made us suspicious. So to test it, I purposely crossed its arms and legs in the morning to see if it really was moving. And sure enough, every night when we’d come back home, the arms and legs would be uncrossed and the thing would be sitting there in any of a dozen different postures." "Yeah, but it did more than that," Angie added. "The doll also changed rooms by itself. We came home one night and the Annabelle doll was sitting in a chair by the front door. It was kneeling! The funny thing about it was, when we tried to make the doll kneel, it’d just fall over. It couldn’t kneel. Other times we’d find it sitting on the sofa, although when we left the apartment in the morning it’d be in Donna’s room with the door closed!" "Anything else?" Lorraine asked. "Yes," said Donna. "It would leave us little notes and messages. The handwriting looked to be that of a small child." "What’d the note say?" questioned Ed. "It would say things that meant nothing to us," Donna answered.

Things would be written like HELP US or HELP LOU, but Lou wasn’t in any kind of jeopardy at the time. And who us was-we didn’t know. Still, the thing that was weird was that the notes would be written in pencil, but when we tried to find one, there was not one pencil in the apartment! And the paper it wrote on was parchment. I tore the apartment apart, looking for parchment paper, but again neither of us had any such thing.’’ " It sounds like someone had a key to your apartment and was playing a sick joke on you," Ed stated flatly. "That’s exactly what we thought," said Donna. "So we did little things like put marks on the windows and doors or arrange the rugs so that anyone who came in here would leave a trace that we could see. But never once did it turn out that there was a real outside intruder."

"While the doll was moving around, and we’d become suspicious of burglars, when something else screwy happened." Angie added next. "The Annabelle doll was sitting on Donna’s bed, as was usual. When we came home one night, there was blood on the back of its hand, and there were three drops of blood on its chest!" "God, that really scared us," Donna said frankly. "Did you notice any other kind of phenomena occur in the apartment?" Ed asked them. "One time around Christmas, we found a little chocolate boot on the stereo that none of us had bought. Presumably it came from Annabelle," said Angie. " When did you come to determine there was a spirit associated with the doll?" Lorraine questioned. "We knew something unusual was going on," Donna answered. "The doll did change rooms by itself. It did pose in different gestures, we all saw it, but wanted to know why? Was there maybe some plausible reason why the doll was moving? So Angie and I got in touch with a woman who’s a medium. That was about a month, or maybe six weeks after all this stuff started to happen. We learned that a little girl died on this property," Donna told the Warrens. "She was seven years old and her name was Annabelle Higgins. The Annabelle spirit said she played in the fields long ago before these apartments were built. They were happy times for her. She told us. Because everyone around here was grown-up, and only concerned with their jobs, there was no one she could relate to, except us. Annabelle felt that we would be able to understand her. That’s why she began moving the rag doll. All Annabelle wanted was to be loved, and so she asked if she could stay with us and move into the doll. What could we do? So we said yes." "Wait a minute here," Ed interjected. "What do you mean it wanted to move into the doll? Do you mean it proposed to possess it?" "Right, that was the understanding," Donna replied. "It seemed harmless enough. We’re nurses, you know, we see suffering every day. We had compassion. Anyway, we called the doll Annabelle from that time on." "Did you do anything different with the doll after you learned it was supposedly possessed by a little girl spirit named Annabelle?" asked Lorraine. "Not really," said Donna. "But of course it wasn’t just a doll any more. It was Annabelle. We couldn’t ignore that fact."

"All right, before you go any further, let’s back up a minute," Ed requested. "First you got the doll for you birthday. After a while the doll began to move – or at least change places enough for you to notice it. This made you curious, so you decided to have a séance, and a spirit came across that called itself Annabelle Higgins. This supposed little girl was seven years old and asked if it could come live with you by possessing the toy doll. You said yes, out of compassion. Then you renamed the doll Annabelle. Right?" "Right," said Donna and Angie. Have you seen the ghost of a little girl at any time in this apartment?" Ed asked. "No," both the girls answered. "You also said a chocolate item showed up here once," said Ed. "Has anything else strange ever happened that you couldn’t explain?" "One time a statue lifted up across the room," Donna recalled, "then it tumbled in the air and fell on the floor. None of us were near the statue-it was on the other side of the room. That incident frightened us totally." "Let me ask you something else." Ed went on. "Didn’t you think that maybe you shouldn’t have given the doll so much recognition?" It wasn’t a doll!" Donna corrected him. "It was the spirit of Annabelle we cared about!" "That’s right," said Angie. Ed added "I mean, before you knew anything about Annabelle?" "How were we to know anything?" Donna asked. "But looking back on it now, maybe we shouldn’t have given the doll so much credence. But really, we saw the thing as being no more than a harmless mascot. I t never hurt anything…at least until the other day." "Do you still think what’s moving the doll is the spirit of a little girl?" Lorraine queried. "What else could it be?" Angie said in reply. "It’s a damn voodoo doll, that’s what it is," Lou blurted out. "I told them about that thing a long time ago. The doll was just taking advantage of them…"

"Okay, Lou, I think it’s time you told your side of things, tell them about the dreams," coaxed Angie. "Well," Lou picked up, "The thing gives me bad dreams. Recurrent ones. But yet what I’m going to tell you is not a dream as far as I’m concerned, because I somehow saw this happen to me. The last time it happened I fell asleep at home, a really deep sleep. While I was lying there, I saw myself wake up. Something seemed wrong to me. I looked around the room, but nothing was out of place. But then when I looked down toward my feet, I saw the rag doll, Annabelle. It was slowly gliding up my body. It moved over my chest and stopped. Than it put its arms out. One arm touched one side of my neck, the other touched the other side like it was making an electrical connection. Then I saw myself being strangled. I might as well have been pushing on a wall, because it wouldn’t move. It was literally strangling me to death, I couldn’t help myself, no matter how hard I tried." "Yes, but the priest I spoke with said you’d been attacked?" Ed pressed him. "No," Lou asserted, "That happened here in this apartment when Angie and I were alone together. It was about ten or eleven o’clock at night, and we were reading over maps because I was going off on a trip the next day. Everything was quiet at the time. Suddenly, we both heard sounds in Donna’s room that made us think that someone had broken into the apartment. I quietly got up and tip-toed to the bedroom door, which was closed. I waited until the noises stopped, then I carefully opened the door and reached in and switched on the light. Nobody was in there! Except, the Annabelle doll was tossed on the floor in a corner. I went in alone and walked over to the thing to see if anything unusual had happened. But as I got close to the doll, I got the distinct impression that somebody was behind me. I swung around instantly and, well…."

"He won’t talk about that part," Angie said. "When Lou turned around there wasn’t anybody there, but he suddenly yelled and grabbed for his chest. He was doubled over, cut and bleeding when I got to him. Blood was all over his shirt. Lou was shaking and scared and we went back out into the living room. We then opened his shirt and there on his chest was what looked to be sort a of claw mark!"

"Can I see the mark?" Ed asked.

"It’s gone now," the young man told him. "I saw the cuts on his chest, too," Donna spoke up in support. "How many were there?" Ed asked. "Seven," said Angie. "Three were vertical, four were horizontal." "Did the cuts have any sensation?" Ed queried "All the cuts were hot, like they were burns," Lou told him. "Did you ever have cuts or wounds in the same area of your chest before this incident happened?" questioned Ed. "No," the young man replied. "Did you lose consciousness before or after the attack took place?" "No," again he replied. "How long did it take the wounds to heal?" Lorraine questioned. "They healed up almost immediately," said Lou. "They were half-gone the next day, and fully gone the day after." "Has anything else happened since that time?" asked Ed. "No," came the joint reply. "Who did you first contact after the incident occurred?" "I contacted an Episcopal priest named Father Hegan." Donna told Ed and Lorraine. "Why did you call him instead of a doctor?" Lorraine asked. "Do you think someone off the street would have believed where that claw mark on Lou’s chest came from?" Donna asked rhetorically. "Besides, we agreed the cuts weren’t half as important as how Lou got them. We wanted to know if this was going to happen again. Our problem was who to ask." "Was there some reason why you specifically called on Father Hegan?" Lorraine questioned. "Yes. We trust him," said Donna." He teaches nearby here, at a junior college, plus Angie and I both know him.

"What did you tell the priest?" asked Ed. "The whole story-about Annabelle and how it moved on its own, and especially about Lou’s cuts," Donna replied. "At first we were afraid he might not believe us, but that was no problem, he believed us all right. He said he’d never heard of such a thing happening these days. At the time we were all scared out of our wits, and I asked him what he thought had happened to us. He said he didn’t want to speculate, but he did feel it was a spiritual matter, possibly an important one, and that he was going to contact someone higher up in the Church, a Father Cooke." "That’s what he did," Ed told her. "Did the name Annabelle, or Annabelle Higgins mean anything to you in real life before this incident occurred?" "No," they replied. "Although we never saw anything in here, Lou said he felt a presence in the room before he got hurt… there is something in here," Angie stated firmly. "In fact, I can’t stand to be here. We have decided to get a new apartment. We’re moving out!" "I’m afraid that’s not going to help very much," Ed said dryly. "What do you mean?" Donna asked, astonished. "To put it in a nutshell, you inadvertently brought a spirit into this apartment-and into your lives. You’re not going to be able to walk away from it that easily."

After a long minute, Ed spoke again. "We’re going to help you, beginning right now. Today. First thing I’d like to do is call Father Cooke and have him come over here." Ed had no trouble getting hold of the Episcopal priest who had been waiting for his call. "All right," Ed said "when Father Cooke comes here, he’s going to have to perform a sort of blessing, an … exorcism of the premises. "I knew it!" Lou proclaimed. "I knew it would lead to this." "Yes, I think you did," Ed told him "but I’m not sure any of you know the reason why. To begin with, there is no Annabelle! There never was. You were duped. However, we are dealing with a spirit here. The teleportation of the doll while you were out of the apartment, the appearance of notes written on parchment, the manifestation of three symbolic drops of blood, plus the gestures the doll made are all meaningful. They tell me there was intent, which means there was an intelligence behind the activity. But ghosts, human spirits, plain and simply can’t bring on phenomena of this nature and intensity. They don’t have the power. Instead, what has happened is something inhuman has taken over here. Demonic." Ed told them. "Ordinarily people aren’t bothered by inhuman demonic spirits, unless they do something to bring the force into their lives. Your first mistake was to give the doll recognition, that is the reason why the spirit moved into the doll to, draw attention to itself. Once it had your attention, it exploited you, it simply brought you fear and even injury. Inhuman spirits, enjoy inflicting pain, it’s negative. Your next mistake was calling in a medium," Ed went on. "The demonic has to somehow get your permission to interfere in your life. Unfortunately, through your own free will, you gave it that permission.

"Then the doll is possessed?" questioned Donna. "No, the doll is not possessed. Spirits don’t possess things, spirits possess people," Ed informed her. "Instead, the spirits simply moved the doll around and gave it the illusion of being alive. Now, what happened to Lou earlier this week" Ed proceeded, "was bound to occur sooner or later. In fact, you all were in jeopardy of coming under possession by this spirit, this is what the thing was really after. But Lou didn’t believe in the charade, so he was an ongoing threat to the entity. There was bound to be a showdown. Had the spirit been given another week or two, you might have been killed." Ed calmly concluded. "There is only one entity involved, but its behavior is completely unpredictable." said Lorraine.

When Father Cooke arrived, the interview session ended in the kitchen, Ed was eager to have the house blessed, remove the doll, and return home. Once the preliminary greetings were out of the way, Ed told the priest, that in his judgment, the spirit responsible for the malicious activity was inhuman, and still in the apartment, and the only way it could be made to leave was through the power of the words written in the exorcism-blessing. "I’m not totally familiar with demonology," admitted Father Cooke. "how do you know such a spirit is behind the disturbance?" "Well, in this case, it wasn’t all that difficult to determine." Ed said frankly. "These spirits work in characteristic ways. What’s going on here is essentially the infestation stage of the phenomenon. A spirit, in this case an inhuman demonic spirit, began moving the doll around the apartment through teleportation and other means. Once it aroused the girls’ curiosity which was the spirit’s purpose in moving the doll-they made the predictable mistake of bringing a medium in here, who took matters a step further. She told them, in the trance state, that a little girl spirit named Annabelle was moving the doll. Communicating through the medium, the entity preyed on the girls’ emotional vulnerabilities, and during the séance managed to extract permission from them to go about its business. Insofar as demonic is a negative spirit, it then set about causing patently negative phenomena to occur; it aroused fear through the weird movements of that doll, it brought about the materialization of disturbing handwritten notes, it left a residue of blood on the doll, and ultimately it even struck the young man, Lou, on the chest leaving a bloody claw mark. Beyond the activity, Lorraine has also discerned that this inhuman spirit is with us now. Lorraine’s an excellent clairvoyant, and she’s never been wrong about the nature of a spirit that’s present. However, if you want to go a step further, we can challenge the entity right now with religious provocation?"

In this case, the recitation of the exorcism-blessing took the priest about five minutes to perform. The Episcopal blessing of the home is a wordy, seven page document that is distinctly positive in nature. Rather than specifically expelling evil entities from the dwelling, the emphasis is instead directed toward filling the home with the power of the positive and of God. There was no trouble or mishap during the procedure. When he was finished, the priest the blessed the individuals who were present, and after doing so, declared all was well. Lorraine also confirmed that the apartment and people were free from the spirit entity. Ed and Lorraine’s work was done, they then took their leave and started for home. At Donna’s request, and as a further precaution against the phenomena ever occurring in the home again, the Warrens took the big rag doll along with them. Placing Annabelle in the back seat of the car, Ed decided it was safer to avoid traveling on the interstate, in case the entity had not been separated from the rag doll. His hunch was correct. In no time at all, Ed and Lorraine felt themselves the object of vicious hatred. Then, at each dangerous curve in the road, their new car began to stall, causing the power steering and breaks to fail. Repeatedly the car verged on collision. Of course, it would have been easy to stop and throw the doll into the woods. But if the item didn’t simply "teleport" back to the girls’ apartment, at the least it would place anyone who found it in jeopardy.

The third time the car stalled along the road, Ed reached into his black bag, took out a vial, and threw a sprinkling of holy water on the rag doll, making the sin of the cross over it. The disturbance in the car stopped immediately, allowing the Warrens to reach home safely.

For the next few days, Ed sat the doll in a chair next to his desk. The doll levitated a number of times in the beginning, then it seemed to fall inert. During the ensuing weeks, however, it began showing up in various rooms of the house. When the Warrens were away and had the doll locked up in the outer office building, they would often return to find it sitting comfortably upstairs in Ed’s easy chair when they opened the main front door.

It also turned out that Annabelle came with a "friend", a black cat, who would occasionally materialize beside the doll. The cat would stalk once around the floor, taking particular notice of books and other objects in Ed’s office; then return to the doll’s side, and dematerialize from the head down.

It also became apparent that Annabelle hated clergymen. During the follow-up process of the case, it was necessary for the Warrens to consult the Episcopal priests associated with the incident in the young nurses’ apartment. Returning home alone one evening, Lorraine was terrified by loud, rolling growls that reverberated throughout the house. Later, when she was listening to the playback of the telephone answering machine, they were back to back calls from Father Hagen. Between his two calls was heard the incredible growling noises she’d heard earlier in the house. One day Father Jason Branford, Catholic exorcist, had been working with Ed and asked about the new addition to the office-Annabelle. Ed told Father Jason about the case and gave him the paperwork for his review. After hearing Ed’s account of want had happened, the priest picked up the rag doll and said "You’re just a rag doll, Annabelle. You can’t hurt anything." The priest then tossed the stuffed figure back on the chair. "That’s one thing you better not say again," Ed warned him with a laugh. Yet when Father Jason stopped to say goodbye to Lorraine an hour later, she pleaded that he be especially careful driving, and insisted that he call her just as soon as he arrived at the rectory. "I discerned tragedy for that young priest," says Lorraine, "but he had to go his way." A few hours later the telephone rang. "Lorraine" said Father Jason, "why did you tell me to be careful driving?" "Because," she told him, "I felt your car would go out of control, you would have an accident." "Well, you were right," he stated flatly. "The brake system failed. I was almost killed in a traffic accident. My car is a wreck."

Later in the year, at a large social gathering at the Warrens’ home, Lorraine and Father Jason went into the den to chat for a few moments. By a strange coincidence, Annabelle had moved into that room the day before. While speaking with Lorraine, the priest saw an ornamental wall decoration make a quick movement. Suddenly, the twenty-four inch long Boar’s tooth necklace above them exploded with percussive force. Hearing this stunning noise, the other guests immediately converged on the room, at which time someone in the crowd had the foresight to snap a photograph. When developed, the print appeared normal, except above the doll were two beacons of bright light, both pointing in the direction of Father Jason Bradford.

"On another occasion," Ed recounts, "I was in my office, working with a police detective on a case that concerned a witchcraft related murder in the area. As a cop he’s seen every kind of crime, he’s definitely not the sort of man who gets scared. While we were talking, Lorraine called me upstairs to take a long distance call. I told the detective he was free to look around my office, but to be careful and not touch any of the objects, because they’d come from cases where the demonic had been invoked. Well, I wasn’t away for five minutes when upstairs came this detective stark white. When I asked him what had happened, he refused to tell me," Ed remembers, breaking into a grin. "He just kept mumbling ‘The doll, the rag doll is real….’ He was talking about Annabelle of course. That little doll made a believer out of him! In fact, as I think back on it, any meetings I’ve had with the detective from that day on have always been in his office."
"Profane objects like the Annabelle doll have their own aura. When you touch them, your human aura mingles with theirs. This change attracts spirits, it’s almost like setting off a fire alarm. Therefore, for protection, I bless myself with holy water then ‘bless’ the rag doll with holy water in the sign of the cross. Like I say when we’re doing field work I’ve never met an atheist in a haunted house."

It’s difficult for people to accept the existence of something they’ve been conditioned not to believe in. Still, lack of knowledge allowed this negative spirit to wrangle it way into the lives of these three unwary young people. Many, nevertheless, contend that the notion of spirits is irrational or unfounded. They say the phenomenon is an illusion, or a hallucination, or it doesn’t exist at all. At best, the activity can be explained away by science. Or can it?

Source: http://www.warrens.net
Old 21-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

This is a very creepy doll lol
Old 21-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted art

an an inanimate object be haunted such a recent painting? Can a spirit attach itself to a particular thing and then cause unexplained events to occur around it? Many believe it happens regularly. the biggest question is does the artist actually know what they are doing that makes the painting haunted?

Most artist will tell you they just do what they do, paint draw sculpt basically create with God given talents. I started this article in search of an answer. From speaking to many creative people, I've learned all they want is recognition for their work. They intensely put their heart, their soul and being into what they produce. They actually want their creations to come to life, and maybe they do. In their minds, artist are haunted by the idea until it becomes an actually reality through their hands. Colors do stir up and control emotions. But colors pattern and composition do carry different stigmas. Everyone sees something unique and everyone relates to art in different ways.

How many times have you heard someone say great piece of art but the eyes scare me. Is it because it reminds you of something? Or, I've heard people say if I had to look at that all the time, I'd have nightmares.

Many artist I believe are immune are unaware of what energy and emotions their paintings and haunted objects of art produce in others. For they know the intentions they put into it and what emotions they see. For all we know a haunted painting may have paranormal phenomena happen because the ghost that lives in your home are office just doesn't like it. This might explain haunted furniture as well.

I also believe in my research that many of the things artist produce are created to get a reaction by letting someone one into their world visually. and this can and will affect someone's existence and psyche in disturbing degrees depending on the persons life and experiences and what certain things mean to them.

Haunted paintings are sometimes said to move, talk, fall on the floor or bring bad luck. Is this just something that happens because it disturbs someone? Or is it a actual ghostly manifestation occurring.

A Haunted Artist

Edvard Munch was born on Dec. 12, 1863, in Loten, Norway. He grew up in Christiania (now Oslo) and studied art under Christian Krohg, a Norwegian naturalistic painter. Munch's parents, a brother, and a sister died while he was still young, which probably explains the bleakness and pessimism of much of his work. Paintings such as The Sick Child (1886), Vampire (1893-94), and Ashes (1894) show his preoccupation with the darker aspects of life. Munch traveled to Paris in 1885, and his work began to show the influence of French painters--first, the impressionists, and then the postimpressionists--as well as art nouveau design. Like many young artists Munch reacted against conventional behavior, and in 1892 he took part in a controversial exhibit in Berlin. His circle of friends included several writers, one of whom was the Norwegian playwright Henrik Ibsen. Munch designed the sets for several of Ibsen's plays.
Between 1892 and 1908, Munch spent much of his time in Paris and Berlin, where he became known for his prints--etchings, lithographs, and woodcuts. After 1910 Munch returned to Norway, where he lived and painted until his death. In his later paintings Munch showed more interest in nature, and his work became more colorful and less pessimistic. Munch died in Ekely, near Oslo, on Jan. 23, 1944. He left many of his works to the city of Oslo, which built a museum in his honor.

The Dead Mother
1899-1900 (130 Kb); Oil on canvas, 39 3/8 x 35 3/8 in; Kunsthalle, Bremen

Many say after seeing his many works at the museum or in print they are haunted by the images. So I guess this in away proves that images bring about strong emotions that mess with peoples heads. And general consensus is his paintings are fine where they are I do not want that image in my home or my life!
Old 21-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted painting on Ebay

The Hands Resist Him, better known by the nickname of the eBay Haunted Painting, is a painting by Bill Stoneham which became popular through the internet. In February of 2000, a seller on eBay claimed that the painting was haunted (or cursed). They claimed that the painted characters tended to move at night, occasionally even leaving the painting and entering the room it was displayed in. A disclaimer was added releasing the seller from all liability if the painting was purchased. The painting received 30 bids and sold for $1,025.00.
Bill tells of how he painted Hands Resist Him in 1972, the boy in the picture being himself, the hands being other lives, the windows/door being a thin veil between waking and dreaming with the small doll like girl being the guide through.

Bill does not know how his painting ended up abandoned as described by the Ebay.com seller, but he does know a gallery owner where the painting was originally displayed and sold at, and a Los Angeles Times critic, who reviewed the show, were both dead within one year of the painting being shown.

THE ORIGINAL EBAY TEXT THAT ACCOMPANIED THE PAINTING

WHEN WE RECEIVED THIS PAINTING, WE THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY GOOD ART. A " PICKER " HAD FOUND IT ABANDONED BEHIND AN OLD BREWERY. AT THE TIME WE WONDERED A LITTLE WHY A SEEMINGLY PERFECTLY FINE PAINTING WOULD BE DISCARDED LIKE THAT. ( TODAY WE DON'T !!! ) ONE MORNING OUR 4 AND 1/2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER CLAIMED, THAT THE CHILDREN IN THE picture WERE FIGHTING, AND COMING INTO THE ROOM DURING THE NIGHT. NOW, I DON'T BELIEVE IN UFOS OR ELVIS BEING ALIVE, BUT MY HUSBAND WAS ALARMED. TO MY AMUSEMENT HE SET UP A MOTION TRIGGERED CAMERA FOR THE NIGHTS. AFTER THREE NIGHTS THERE WERE PICTURES.THE LAST TWO PICTURES SHOWN ARE FROM THAT 'STAKEOUT'. AFTER SEEING THE BOY SEEMINGLY EXITING THE PAINTING UNDER THREAT, WE DECIDED, THE PAINTING HAS TO GO. PLEASE JUDGE FOR YOURSELF. --- BEFORE YOU DO, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING WARNING AND DISCLAIMER. ----WARNING: DO NOT BID ON THIS PAINTING IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO STRESS RELATED DISEASE, FAINT OF HEART OR ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH SUPERNATURAL EVENTS. BY BIDDING ON THIS PAINTING, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE THE OWNERS OF ALL LIABILITY IN RELATION TO THE SALE OR ANY EVENTS HAPPENING AFTER THE SALE, THAT MIGHT BE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS PAINTING. THIS PAINTING MAY OR MAY NOT POSESS SUPERNATURAL POWERS, THAT COULD IMPACT OR CHANGE YOUR LIFE. HOWEVER, BY BIDDING YOU AGREE TO EXCLUSIVELY BID ON THE VALUE OF THE ARTWORK, WITH DISREGARD TO THE LAST TWO PHOTOS FEATURED IN THIS AUCTION, AND HOLD THE OWNERS HARMLESS IN REGARD TO THEM AND THEIR IMPACT, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.OW THAT WE GOT THIS OUT OF THE WAY, ONE QUESTION TO YOU EBAYERS. WE WANT OUR HOUSE TO BE BLESSED AFTER THE PAINTING IS GONE, DOES ANYBODY KNOW, WHO IS QUALIFIED TO DO THAT? THE SIZE OF THE PAINTING IS 24 BY 36 INCHES, SO IT IS RATHER LARGE. AS I HAVE HAD SEVERAL QUESTIONS, HERE THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS. THERE WAS NO ODOR LEFT BEHIND IN THE ROOM. THERE WERE NO VOICES, OR THE SMELL OF GUNPOWDER, NO FOODPRINTS OR STRANGE FLUIDS ON THE WALL. TO DETER QUESTIONS IN THIS DIRECTION, THERE ARE NO GHOSTS IN THIS WORLD , NO SUPERNATURAL POWERS, THIS IS JUST A PAINTING, AND MOST THESE THINGS HAVE AN EXPLANATION, IN THIS CASE PROBABLY A FLUKE LIGHT EFFECT. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO BID ON THE ARTWORK, AND CONSIDER THE LAST TWO PHOTOGRAPHS AS PURE ENTERTAINMENT, AND PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION, WHEN BIDDING. AS WE THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO BLESS ANY HOUSE, WE STILL WELCOME INPUT INTO THAT PROCEDURE.
This auction is nearing the end. I want to thank the more than 13000 people that took the time to look at this image on Ebay. I appreciate the more than 30 suggestions, that I received regarding blessing the house, exorcising and cleansing. 7 e-mails reported strange or irregular events taking place, when viewing this image. And I will relay two suggestions made by the senders. First not to use this image as the background on the screen, and second not to display this image around juveniles or children. Last not least, thanks for appreciating the art as well.

According to the artist, the painting was done in 1972 and he used a photo of himself as a child as the model for the little boy. The hands signify other lives and the door signifies the thin veil between dreaming and waking. He states the painting was originally sold to a character actor by the name of John Marley who died in 1984. Further, he has no idea how the painting came to be in an abandoned brewery where the eBay seller claims an art picker found it and then sold it to them.

This painting and story became popular on the internet and was even featured in an Argentinean computer game titled Scratches. One person who saw the story commissioned a sequel to the painting, which Stoneham accepted. The sequel, called Resistance at the Threshold depicts the same characters 40+ years later. A third painting, Guardians seems to depict the character of the doll as she appears in the sequel painting. The three paintings can be seen as a series
http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...untedpainting/
Old 21-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
hobo

Very entertaining

"The one who dies before he dies, doesn´t die when he dies."
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #13
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Delphine Lalaurie Haunted Portrait Painting

This commissioned painting of the infamous Madame Delphine Lalaurie was done in 1997 by Mardi Gras Parade artist Ricardo Pustanio. Nothing strange about it in it's creation or reasons for being painted." At the time I used what ever image of her I could fine to do the work from," said Pustanio.

Pustanio was asked to do the work by a resident of the actual Lalaurie Haunted House. The felt they wanted to have her portrait in the apartment as a touch with the buildings past. Besides it would make a great conversation piece.

To say this painting of Lalaurie is haunted is wrong, the actual painting is more like being haunted by unseen hands haunting it. The resident of the apartment use to invite friends over all the time. And would show off his prized work of art. Over time people actually believed it was an original to the house. For Pustanio had antiqued it for his client per their request.

The resident began to hold seances for his friends and even tourist and paranormal investigators who always are trying to get a glimpse inside the haunted mansion. To their astonishment the painting would actually rock on the wall and even fall loose from the wall hitting the floor with a great thud.

In time the resident began to get very frightened because things began happening that just unnerved him. He ended up moving out and giving the painting to another tenant. She in turn hung it in her apartment and immediately was spooked by strange sounds and occurrences that started happening that very day.

The painting actually scared her so much she sought out Pustanio and gave the large painting back to him. She told Pustanio the eyes would follow her and she actually heard it sigh. She also claimed that the painted Lalaurie moved, and changed expression. Every morning, she claimed, the painting was crooked. She would straighten it, and the next time she looked at it, it would be crooked again.

Pustanio said nothing strange ever happened to him nor did he ever have anything occur when it was in his presence. The painting of Delphine Lalaurie is now in a private collection and the new owners refuse to discuss its present whereabouts or of any paranormal things that happen in it presence.

"I've done a lot of things in my life that people say are haunted," says Pustanio. " I personally don't think I am haunted." Nor what I do attracts ghost, or was intended to be haunted" "I just think out right some people connect with artist because we put strong emotions into our works." " And isn't a haunting basically supposed to be just that, strong emotions of the dead manifesting themselves."

Pustanio says, "I design, Voodoo dolls, Voodoo spirit bottles and make them for local Voodooants." " I don't disbelieve they have captured spirits in the bottles or the materials they give me for inclusion in dolls." "They just have never given me the creeps or manifested themselves to me." " Maybe one day I too will have a paranormal experience with something I did then i'll change my mind."
http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...untedpainting/
Old 21-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #14
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default The ghost doll orphans of ravensbreath castle

Leigh Allan is a Modern day artist, she works in clay, she creates unique one of a kind dolls that might just be haunted. Everyone who has actually held the little dolls in their hand has felt or sensed something different about them." Since I was born I've had a mind for the weird and bizarre which is why Tim Burton's work appeals to me and why I'm drawn to the likes of the ghost orphans and their story." Burton's work is similar to my own or mine is to his - or his is to mine - hey I'm older - but he's richer - whatever..." says Allan.

Leigh Allan grew up on the west coast of America and now lives in the UK. Leigh has been creating and selling one-of-a-kind clay miniatures, jewelry and dolls for over 30 years in America and internationally.It's probably something she will always do, and currently Leigh is enjoying bringing the ghost orphans Dolls to half/life through clay and cloth. "They're the most marvelous and interesting characters I've ever had the privilege to create, says Leigh".
Are they really Living Dead Dolls one might ask?

"I find it all very odd myself because as the creator I know they are only clay and cloth yet I too have a curious attachment to these ghost dolls." " I've made thousands of figurines in my career and many of those I really liked but not in the same way as these - there is something different about these: something very special." " It's as though a little soul occupies their tiny bodies that is completely out of my hands." Says Allan.

Allan on her web site does not suggest that her dolls are alive or dead. Nor does she believe them to be really haunted... or does she." People are also attracted to their detail and want to know their history." " Some say their alive, others say their haunted." "A visitor who saw them on Haunted America Tours asked me if the dolls are haunted and I replied that it's more that they haunt Ravensbreath Castle." " But circumstances are changing, as mentioned before and without a doubt there seems to be something going on with the dolls I don't quite understand." "They may indeed be haunted." Says Allan.
The dolls are crudely but securely jointed similar to a marionette to give them a playful limp flexible feel, but in reality these poor dead ghost children are fading away because they're unable to move on to the next world which is their hope and dream. The wire joints you see are a symbol of their deterioration into nothingness. You can view them in their Birthday, rather 'Deathday' suits here.
All ghost orphans is individually handcrafted from polymer clay and hand painted.

Ravensbreath and Heartland Productions. © 2006 all rights reserved © 2006 Leigh Allan, All Rights Reserved. No images on this site may be used, in any form, without the consent of the artist.

Annabel is approx. 15cm (6 inches) tall with jointed body. Her hair is raven-hued hand-dyed Tibetan Lamb's Wool. Her eyes are brown. She is clothed in a satiny ivory fabric with puffy sleeves - all singed of course, over a pale pink tulle petticoat, also singed.
She wears a choker and a pink gem stone brooch pinned to her dress.
It was the last gift from her mother.

You can tell they've been around a few hundred years thanks to Annabel's
habit of singeing and soiling everyone's clothes. But more than that is the fact that the ghost orphans are deteriorating rather quickly and after 400 years are nearing their end. They must find a way out of the prison orphanage and move on to the next world, otherwise they will simply vanish into nothingness ~ alas that is what is happening.
Will someone save the ghost orphans?
http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...oll/CREATIONS/

Last edited by wonderfullife; 21-08-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 21-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Crying Boy

Crying Boy-Bruno Amadio

The Crying Boy, by Italian painter Bruno Amadio, looks innocent enough.

However, this painting apparently holds an eerie past as well as a child ghost. It is rumored that after painting this, Amadio's studio burned down (but the painting survived), and the painted orphan was soon killed in a car crash.

The Curse of the Crying Boy surfaced in the 80's when a British tabloid, The Sun, claimed that firefighters kept finding copies of the painting within rubble of houses caught on fire. Following this article, others were published on people who owned prints of it, and experienced house fires.
http://torimari.hubpages.com/hub/A-C...Creepy-Artwork
Old 21-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Island of the dead dolls

The Island of Dead Dolls, or La Isla de las Muñecas started with Don Julián Santana, a hermit, who lived on the island for fifty years. He believed it was haunted by a little girl who drowned in the river while visiting. Whenever he saw a doll floating by the canal he got it and put it on a tree, to appease the spirit and protect him from evil. He soon turned the island into a shrine dedicated to the girl.
He was found dead in 2001 by his nephew in the same canal the girl died in. It is believed voices were calling him into the water. Each doll is supposed to be filled with the paranormal energy of the girl. They are also said to move and whisper. While visiting the island, you should bring a doll, hard candy, and a candle to appease the spirit. You need permission from Don Julián's nephew Anastasio Velasquez to enter the island.

Old 21-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #17
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Scariest picture on the internet

The story is this, in Japan shortly before a teenage girl comitted suicide, she drew this picture, scanned it and posted it online. In korea this story broke out and it spread like wildfire. There are various posts around in korean forums that say that the viewer gets drawn to the girls blue eyes, they say they can detect a hint of wraith and sadness within the eyes. Maybe the girl had died with so much sadness and anger that her spirit haunts the image, or maybe the image provoke sadness, similar to the song 'Gloomy Sunday'.
The freaky bit is this, they say it is hard for a person to stare into the girls eyes for longer than 5 minutes, there are reports that some people have taken their own lives after doing so. People say the picture changes, as you view it there is a hint of a growing taunting smirk appearing on the girls lips or a dark ring grows around the girl or her eyes.
One thing is for sure, the picture has sparked a curiosity in me that I must find out, i do feel a presence when I look at the image, whether it is evil or not I can not judge. I would like to know what the global online community feels and maybe even experts in art would be able to resolve why the eyes of this image can draw the viewer in so deeply?
Old 21-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Christina the haunted doll

Christina the Real Haunted Doll was bought on Ebay over 3 years ago and she still has a few haunted tricks up sleeves. If you look closely at her eyes you can see that something paranormal is going on.

Christina the haunted doll loves having her pictures taken but when she has had enough then watch out! The series of photos of her will start to change as you see the ghost inside her manifest itself.
am that I would have been the first to admit to you I do not believe in haunted dolls. But since haunted Christina came into my life I no longer say it is not possible.

Christina may not be that old she may not have the best of hair but this little darling is very haunted. I also know she is happy in the little rocking chair I bought her also. Her hair may be a great rats nest of a mess, but, yes she likes it that way. The lady who had had her before me told me in an email after I won her that, how blessed she felt, that I by getting Christina. She had finally found a good loving and caring home.
Mrs. Croakers email to me:

Dear Shana,

Christina was originally purchased by myself at an antique store in Jefferson, Texas. And was given to my six year old daughter who named her the lovely name "Christina" I was never certain why but I believed it was after my deceased grandmother who she never knew.

I do not know why I bought such a fine antiqued porcelain doll for such a young child. Then again, but I knew instinctively I was to do this and in my life the doll would stay.

The doll was originally made in the late 1800's and she was not cheap. An original doll from England as I was told since her condition was so perfect at the time cost me $500.00.

The store I bought her in was called the Red Barn, and it's still there today. An old man waited on me I will never forget. He was very nice as he shuffled around pointing at the doll with his nice silver headed cane. He told me to notice that this doll was looking at me and wanted to go home with me. I said oh really.

I told him she was nice but I had a small child that would destroy her. He then looked me in the eye and said lady that doll is telling me it wants to live with you and will love your daughter until the day she dies and she will be no trouble at all. I was taken back because the man was talking to me as if he could hear the doll telling him just what to say. so I bought her and did not quibble about the price because I knew the doll was worth much more.

My daughter Jasmine Elisabeth Croaker was only 6 years old at the time. Everyone told me why would I give my child such an expensive present. I said i's not the price it's that fact of the happy memories it will give me and her. And of course Jasmine Elisabeth Croaker fell in love with her at first sight.

Christina lived with Jasmine day and night, I do mean lived. she had to sit on the toilet at bath time, She even went pre school and a few years of kinder garden. Jasmine informed me one day that Christina told her that she was bored and would rather stay home.

When Christina's right leg was broken accidentally by her best friend Connie Kaye. Jasmine cried real tears all day for the terrible tragedy it was just so devastating. And she flung her self about as I bandaged the nub that was left. I was told by my daughter or should I say informed that there had to be a professional funeral for the shattered leg, and Connie had to attend no if's ands or buts about it. I was stunned but I did what Jasmine asked. My husband built a little coffin out of a old cigar box that he cut to scale like a small pinch toed coffin. Jasmine told us it was just like the one Christina envisioned.
So we set to have the funeral as I was told to put the shattered pieces in the freezer. Jasmine called all her friends, and old our familyAnd told them to come dressed for the funeral which was to be held the next day. she said it had to be buried right away because the next day was Sunday and Christina not only was upset because she had one foot in the grave but because if it was buried on a Sunday the leg would go straight to hell.

Though Christina told Jasmine after that to never speak to her again Jasmine never did.

Jasmine carried her around as an invalid for many months that turned into a year or more. I constantly had to replace her bandage daily as Jasmine told me Christina instructed her to tell me. I also had to check it out for infection and what ever other malady Christina told her for me to check. She also told me that Christina would wake her in the night complaining of phantom pains where her missing leg once was. At this point I was beginning to think my kid just had a great imagination. Because in the early 1980's no one ever thought about a child's doll being really haunted.

Jasmine once woke me up screaming that the pain in Christina leg felt like fire ants were eating it. So in the middle of the night went to grave of the leg to see that it was now a mound of fire ants.

I personally believed the doll is haunted from that point on. Then I had to find a way to take the doll away. So I came up with a plan and have kept her locked away since. I told my daughter that Christina had decided she wanted see her mother and went to visit her friends and family back in England. then I locked her away in a old trunk in my attic where she has been since my daughter was 7.

Her right leg is broken and buried in a unmarked grave in someone's backyard in Henderson, Texas. I have since moved to El Paso. I hope she does not haunt you too much, and she has a new wonderful time with you to study.

Sincerely,

Mrs. D. Croaker
The many strange things that happen when you own a real haunted doll. They can often disturb you if you really sit and think about them. I have read things on line from haunted and possessed dolls that bite people speak move and sometimes attack their owners as they sleep. Most Of which Christina has never done.

At times she just sits peaceful in her chair at other times I will come home to find that she his slid out of her little chair to the floor. I also find that she changes positions a hand might be waving as I leave in the morning for work or she is slumped to one side of the chair as if asleep.

If you brush the knots out of here hair it is a tangle the next day.

This might not be much of paranormal activity to some but otherwise I know she is happy because she does nothing more then that. If she was unhappy I guess her actions would be a awful lot worse towards me.

She likes to watch television or so I surmise but hates getting her picture taken after she thinks she has enough. The batteries may drain in your camera or even the remotes I often sit in her lap need frequent changing of batteries

Once she has had enough images start coming out strange and blurred we have tried this with more then camera also. Other then that her life seems happy. I think she like living here in Washington State.

So far no complaints.
http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...AUNTEDDOLL.php
Old 21-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Baby Peter Doll

My grandmother had a very life like doll I am not 100% sure of it's history. What I do know is that whenever a woman put this doll on her lap she would fall pregnant no matter how long she had been trying to fall pregnant and some who had been told they were infertile..
The babies would look like baby Peter as well. Not sure if the doll may have had a fertility spell cast upon it.
I do not have pictures of this doll and unfortunatly it has gone now.
Old 21-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #20
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted Furby

What were they thinking when they came up with Furbies? After the “Gremlin” movies of the 1980’s, didn’t they learn anything? No, Gizmo was NOT cute and his extended family was far from CUDDLY.

The sensation of the Furbies really hit stride in the early 1990’s and it seemed like everyone, girl, boy, even mom and dad, wanted to get their hands on the freaky little fur balls.

As a devoted parent who completely loathed them, I did all I could to prevent my child from getting one. But unfortunately, a birthday came around and one of the little monsters snuck through my defenses.

It was instant hate tinged with not a little fear. For instance, how did the things know they were hungry when they woke up? How did they talk and interact with other Furbies? What was this spell they cast on kids large and small?

Thankfully, the Furby shine wore off fairly quickly with my daughter and soon she had moved on to Pokeman and Rugrats toys. The first opportunity I had, I removed the batteries from the offensive little creature and stashed it in the back of the closet.

Unfortunately, the golden age of Furby love was still going strong with some of my daughter’s friends and it was my encounter with one of their little nightmares that swore me off the hairy beasts forever.
This particular booger belonged to the mother of my daughter’s best friend, and on one visit to their home the all white Furby was produced to “oohs and aahs” from the kinds and a dry, gulping sound from me. Immediately the monstrosity came to life (I was told it was “napping”) and began to declare that it was hungry. I don’t know how she did it, but one of the girls convinced me to put my hand in the thing’s beak, all the while telling them how I hated the toys.

To my astonishment the toy refused my finger, first “spitting” it out, and then chomping down on it. When I pulled my finger away the little bugger flapped his wings and said, in perfect English, looking right at me, “Me no like YOU!”

To say we cut the visit short is an understatement. When I returned home I dug my daughter’s Furby out of the closet, taped it in a box, and put the box in the attic. As far as I know, it is still there. I personally don’t have the guts to check!

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...e/haunteddoll/