Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > RiP / MSM Obituaries

Old 12-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
zephiloyd

Default Fenella Fielding RIP

2nd Carry On actress in a week to go

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/45409341

Actress Fenella Fielding has died at the age of 90 after suffering a stroke.

She was a serious actress remembered for a single, stand-out comic performance.

Fenella Fielding survived a violent upbringing to play Ibsen, Shakespeare and Euripides on stage. As an artist, her sheer versatility captivated both Federico Fellini and Noel Coward. This was a woman of wit and wisdom who kept a copy of Plato beside the bed.

But, for millions, that serious side is long forgotten. Instead, she will forever be Valeria: the camp vamp star of Carry On Screaming - draped on a divan in a skin-tight dress; her voice oozing with sex appeal and sporting eyelashes like upturned claws.

She turned down all future Carry On work but the die was cast. In the public mind, she was the quintessential Sixties femme fatale, delivering double entendres with lashings of false innocence. And sadly, as a performer, her career slowly drifted into obscurity almost as soon as she uttered her most immortal line.
zephiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
elshaper
Inactive

Just read her obituary.
Can anyone associate her parents with yours?
I have a few that ticks.

and this...
Quote:
Norman Wisdom - who she came to loathe. "Not a very pleasant man," she later said. "Hand up your skirt first thing in the morning. Not exactly a lovely way to start a day's filming."
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
size_of_light

I thought that said Corey Feldman.

More Carry On crumpet bites the dust.

Last edited by size_of_light; 13-09-2018 at 12:43 PM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
solowrist

She just oozed it throughout her career.

Loved her as Mrs Foxfur in Guest House Paradiso with the immortal line of, "Oh Mr T**t!" To which Richard T**t replies, "It's Thwaite."
Old 16-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
techman

I had never heard of her until I saw her death mentioned on the news the other day; strange really, but maybe I've not seen Carry on Screaming that often.

That's a strange remark she made about Norman Wisdom, then agin it wouldn't surprise me as most people in the entertainment industry who are hailed as nice people are very often the opposite in real life. Speaking of Norman Wisdom, but is Lee Evans (the stand-up) the illegitimate son of Norman Wisdom?. Everytime I see Lee Evans he reminds me of a young Norman Wisdom, by that I mean he bears a likeness to him in some way. Maybe it's just that he does abit of Wisdom with his facial expressions.

Last edited by techman; 16-09-2018 at 08:11 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote