Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 07-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #221
thelonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminatiday View Post

I am so intrigued now by the occult that I am going to try and learn as much as I can now, with that said if anyone with absolute knowledge on the subject wouldnt mind pointing this noob in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. if anyone can suggest some legit beginners reading material and perhaps some info on what I should stay away from(because its fake) then I would also appreciate that.
I by no means have "absolute knowledge" of the occult, but I have been a student and practitioner for many years, and in that regard, will offer my advice.

Traditionally, in the hermetic school of Occultism, one begins by practicing the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram daily. It was the usual custom of Neophytes of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn to use the invoking ritual in the mornings and the banishing ritual before retiring in the evening. Over time, for whatever reason, the Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram has been practically discarded, with students concentrating their beginning efforts almost solely on the banishing formula. Regardless, the ritual in at least one of its forms should be practiced daily. Instructions are given in Crowley's Liber O, Regardie's "The Golden Dawn", and many other places.

When the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram has been thoroughly and unambiguously mastered, the next step is traditionally to learn and become adept at the Great Ritual of the Pentagram. These two rituals assist the beginning magician to learn to control, through thought and symbols, his immediate environment, the Microcosm, which is composed of the four elements known to the ancients, represented by the Sacred Pentagram.

After this, the Lesser and Greater Rituals of the Hexagram are learned, the Hexagram being the key to the forces in the Macrocosm, just as the Pentagram is the key to the forces in the Microcosm.

For good reading material for beginners I can suggest no better books than "Modern Magick: Eleven Lessons in the High Magickal Arts" by Donald Michael Kraig, and "The Magick of Aleister Crowley: A Handbook of the Rituals of Thelema" by Lon Milo Duquette. You will also want a copy of "The Golden Dawn" by Dr. Israel Regardie. Make haste slowly, especially with the Regardie book.

Last edited by thelonious; 07-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.
thelonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #222
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Would you care to tell us what you know or even mean by occult salvation?

I'm very curious. A lot of people here bang the drum for the occult but none of them actually tell you anything about it.

I think the fact that they revere Aliester Crowley should be warning enough. If not, you've only your self to blame when the candles go out and you're hearing voices and shadows moving in the corner of your eyes.......

Unlike many people here I actually reached an advanced stage. I had astral images and received astral communication.

It's all very well when you do as you're told and play ball but try doing something 'they' don't want you to and they send the demons after you. Imagine everytime you closed your eyes you see grey figures with burning eyes haunting your mind. You open your eyes and you feel a cold wind blowing across your skin, but the windows are closed. You close your eyes again to try to sleep and the cold breeze becomes visible as a raging demon again. So even when awake and you feel a cold breeze you know you're being haunted.

I've God, Jesus and weed to thank for getting my ass out of that mess.

Like I said, just you wait till the candles blow out.

Won't be quite the power picnic you bargained for.

Just some free friendly advice for y'all.

I could tell you all you need to know about the occult and then your curiosity will be satisfied without your curiosity killing the cat.
Why does a person who believes in the power of jesus need weed? that would imply that you dont really belive god has the power to heal you as if you read the bible (which must be your book if you are into jesus) some people are healed just through the power of their faith.

I would also say that the images you see are nothing to do with you being advanced but are more likely to be the reuslt of being high as a kite. Hallucinations are not a foolproof measurement of spiritual development. Your posts tell a story of a man who is not advanced but who is an arrogant bigot
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #223
thelonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post

I would also say that the images you see are nothing to do with you being advanced but are more likely to be the reuslt of being high as a kite. Hallucinations are not a foolproof measurement of spiritual development.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read his post. His supposed visions are far more along the lines of schizophrenia than of occult practice and mastery.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #224
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonious View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read his post. His supposed visions are far more along the lines of schizophrenia than of occult practice and mastery.
Also, do the real high achievers boast of their attainment as well.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #225
killuminatiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonious View Post
I by no means have "absolute knowledge" of the occult, but I have been a student and practitioner for many years, and in that regard, will offer my advice.

Traditionally, in the hermetic school of Occultism, one begins by practicing the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram daily. It was the usual custom of Neophytes of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn to use the invoking ritual in the mornings and the banishing ritual before retiring in the evening. Over time, for whatever reason, the Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram has been practically discarded, with students concentrating their beginning efforts almost solely on the banishing formula. Regardless, the ritual in at least one of its forms should be practiced daily. Instructions are given in Crowley's Liber O, Regardie's "The Golden Dawn", and many other places.

When the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram has been thoroughly and unambiguously mastered, the next step is traditionally to learn and become adept at the Great Ritual of the Pentagram. These two rituals assist the beginning magician to learn to control, through thought and symbols, his immediate environment, the Microcosm, which is composed of the four elements known to the ancients, represented by the Sacred Pentagram.

After this, the Lesser and Greater Rituals of the Hexagram are learned, the Hexagram being the key to the forces in the Macrocosm, just as the Pentagram is the key to the forces in the Microcosm.

For good reading material for beginners I can suggest no better books than "Modern Magick: Eleven Lessons in the High Magickal Arts" by Donald Michael Kraig, and "The Magick of Aleister Crowley: A Handbook of the Rituals of Thelema" by Lon Milo Duquette. You will also want a copy of "The Golden Dawn" by Dr. Israel Regardie. Make haste slowly, especially with the Regardie book.
thank you sir, this was the kind of info I was looking for. I was especially looking for some good books and I will check those out. I picked up some book by franz bardon or barton or something or other and it is really interesting so far. thanks again
or a belief that I have lived for.”

Tupac Shakur
killuminatiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #226
noewhan

While I'd agree that the abuse of any drug will hurt you, marijuana has been used for centuries - & even to treat schizophrenia. It's actually beneficial, I'm sure most people here have seen the Rick Simpson story & how THC oil can cure most types of serious cancers. Or how the paper industry along with the drug administration wanted to eliminate cannabis because - cannabis is actually good as a material.
Then again, I have seen first hand a friend of mine turn schizophrenic. But he/she would also drink cheap wine when smoking if possible.
Everything in moderation, wouldn't you all agree? Plus personal reference. I'll never do most types of drugs.

Meh, I guess it's fine to use morphine / heroin in hospitals to sooth pain? Heroin never had a bad name

I'm no pro.
noewhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #227
marpat
Inactive

Cant really see the need for drug use myself. I have never tried any at all yet I have managed to experience plenty of inner world activity
Old 08-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #228
noewhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Cant really see the need for drug use myself. I have never tried any at all yet I have managed to experience plenty of inner world activity
What's plenty though? I'm not endorsing drugs in anyway, but I think it's also safe to say you see no need for it, because you haven't experienced drugs & therefore really have no idea.
Besides, you do 'take' drugs every time you sleep. Look into DMT. It's still a 'drug' even though it occurs naturally.

Ever had coffee? You've had drugs then

Also, would you somewhat agree that drugs open up parts of the brain, and some say they see other dimensions & thats the real reason why drugs are illegal? The CIA tried using acid / LSD for a while on their own troops. If you see the footage they are all just laughing & having a good time.
No no, can't have a good time.

Then again, Crowley used drugs. Nobody in their right mind would want to turn out like him. :P

I'm no pro.

Last edited by noewhan; 08-06-2010 at 09:01 AM.
noewhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #229
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by noewhan View Post
What's plenty though? I'm not endorsing drugs in anyway, but I think it's also safe to say you see no need for it, because you haven't experienced drugs & therefore really have no idea.
Besides, you do 'take' drugs every time you sleep. Look into DMT. It's still a 'drug' even though it occurs naturally.

Ever had coffee? You've had drugs then

Also, would you somewhat agree that drugs open up parts of the brain, and some say they see other dimensions & thats the real reason why drugs are illegal? The CIA tried using acid / LSD for a while on their own troops. If you see the footage they are all just laughing & having a good time.
No no, can't have a good time.

Then again, Crowley used drugs. Nobody in their right mind would want to turn out like him. :P
David Icke also used drugs. Crowley was proscribed some for medicinal purposes, which then became a habit but at least he tried to understand the mechanism of it.

You know full well what type of drugs I am talking about. The footage of tropps on LSD is not Amerian or CIA, it is a British film where the subject were Royal Marines.

Good times? what has that got to do with anything? I know people who have taken drugs and they take them because they are incapable of having a good time without them. That is not good.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #230
thelonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by noewhan View Post
While I'd agree that the abuse of any drug will hurt you, marijuana has been used for centuries - & even to treat schizophrenia. It's actually beneficial, I'm sure most people here have seen the Rick Simpson story & how THC oil can cure most types of serious cancers.
For the record, I personally have nothing against the medicinal or responsible recreational use of cannabis, but I've never heard of it curing anyone's cancer. It has, however, been often used to treat the side effects of radiational treatments for cancer.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #231
thelonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminatiday View Post
thank you sir, this was the kind of info I was looking for. I was especially looking for some good books and I will check those out. I picked up some book by franz bardon or barton or something or other and it is really interesting so far. thanks again
My pleasure. And actually, those books are available online for free:

http://english.grimoar.cz/?Loc=aut&Lng=2
Old 13-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #232
shansuke

i dont realy know mutch at all about the occult,i recently became intrested to find out what all the fuss is about.
i read crowleys moonchild (on the advice of a forum member),quite a good read as a fiction book but it didnt realy tell me mutch about the occult.

i then read book of the law,that one went totaly over my head and cind of gave me the impression that its all bull realy,but thats probably just me being ignorant because i couldnt realy make any sence of it.

i then started reading magick in theory and practice,now this book i do understand,in fact i was totaly lapping it up and couldnt believe how mutch sence its making,only realy read say the first 80 to 100 pages.

so i started reading this the other day,anyway i got the day of today so decided to do some mescaline cactus last night,(i think some of you know where this story is heading)anyway im talking to my friend and we get talking about the book and i explain to him everything i get from the book so far,and as im explaining to him what ive learned from it i feel like im analizing everything im saying while im saying it(if any of you know how psychedelics work you will know what i mean by not being able to hide from the truth in whatever your speaking or thinking about).

anyway thats all said and done and wee decide to go to my friends for an hour.

so i came home alone after this and sat down in my living room(remember im tripping so its probobly just down to that)but i get a feeling coming from the left of me like im being watched,or someones trying to atract my attention when i look round and its the book,like its radiating some sort of energy,lol,so i pick it up and take it to the bedroom and leave it face down as its kind of freaking me out a bit.

so like i said this could just be all paranoia,and probabley is.anyway i just started thinking about the whole thing,not thinking as sutch but just trying to slow my thaught down and relax a bit but i just couldnt get the book out of my head,i kept thinking how mutch sence this book was making but ther was a voice,or like another thaught prosses happening where im building a growing fear for the book and althow its words make sence im getting the feeling like by reading it im opening up this knoledge that i must learn about,and learn about properly.

now i know this all sounds like paranoia and thers a good chance it is but it was freaking me out.

anyway i couldnt stop thinking about this and how thers this voice telling me im at a point where ive either read to mutch and quit now even thow i could still have done some damege or carry on and throw myself in this whole thelema bussness and learn whole hartedly.

so for the next few hours my trip was ruined and dominated by thaughts of this book so just tried to chill out and listen to music and forget the whole bussness for the night.

so i went to my bed at ten past three in the morning,pulled back the covers and sudenly realised i was still tripping and had no chance of sleeping,i look up and thers the book,so i thaught,what the hell,lets make this freaky trip even freakyer,so i got up,turned the light on,lit two candles and put them on my work bench thats laying near my bed,perfect amount of light to read in,i turned the light back out and sat down on the bed on top of the duvet.

now i never in my life have candles so close to things at night but i was wide awake,i opened the book and the next thing i know im waking up and ive pulled the covers right of the bed to where the candles wher.

now im freaked,cause im still tripping and feel like im wide awake again and nearly set my house on fire.

i lay ther in the dark,no book no candles,nothing,just laying ther thinking about how stuped i had been,this is when i starterd geting these freaky visual closed eye halucinations of freaky slobering creatures brething on my(verry like the scene in alien),then i open my eyes and its still ther,i jumped back with a fright and do my best to grow set i i was trying to tell my self,and just talk myself in to the fact that ive just braught all this nonsence in to my head by freaking myself out with daft occult books.

anyway i finaly maneged to get to sleep.

i woke up sweating in the morning,i had been getting dreams all night about crashing my motorbike and dying and my famely cleaning my house out and finding these occult books,seriously the last thing i remember about the dream is im totaly dead and my famely are just discusing amongst themselfs about how my curiosity of the occuly killed me.

now il never take a candle to my room again,i dont think the occult is for me,i mean it could be totaly harmless,personaly i think ive just freked myself out over the whole thing,but if thats what a bit of reading can do to my mind it just showes how dameging words can be to someone who is tripping,paranoid,ignorant,maybe bo one or all of these but i know its not for me.

ive had plenty of visions of truth when tripping,like when you can just totaly see the truth in things but dont want to act upon them,(man if i acted upon all my tripping visions i would be living in a shak in the woods as a recluse).but ive never built up a paranoid fear of something over the space of a few hours that has freaked me out so mutch.

i went out on my bike today and could hardly go over 40mph.

im gonna forget all about this occult bussness i think and maybe have a follow up trip during the solstice next week,il see how i react top this whole bussness when ive had a week to ponder what happened.

btw im verry experienced with entheogens and know i probely just worked myself in to a paranoid hole but ill see how i feel about it all soon.sometimes i just need a bit of time to clear my head.
shansuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #233
ufochick

Occult just means hidden. The easiest and safest way to access things that are normally hidden is to learn to control your own thoughts and actions and emotions and choose your path in life. Once your mind is not cluttered all the time things will become clear to you and you will be able to experience much that is hidden from other "cluttered" people. No need for drugs
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #234
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
Occult just means hidden. The easiest and safest way to access things that are normally hidden is to learn to control your own thoughts and actions and emotions and choose your path in life. Once your mind is not cluttered all the time things will become clear to you and you will be able to experience much that is hidden from other "cluttered" people. No need for drugs
Occult means hidden. Problem is it is usually hidden by the people who control it. And they hide it because it allows them to exercise power.

If you join the 'occult' you are essentially joining the rulers of this world.

Just don't expect celestial champagne and caviar if you go along with this deal.

You'll be a slave. Nothing more.

Your mind doesn't become clear. It is erased. There's a difference.

If you're really interested in becoming wise and powerful do Zen meditation. It's really all you need.

No need to light candles and sacrifice small animals. That's stupid.

Last edited by truthspoon; 17-06-2010 at 03:46 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #235
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
Very true...

Some People think that Magick is freaky.. well only because we are so freaky, and society is...

You don't solve something by creating a big scare crow and using fear to obstruct something and its knowledge..

The elite want people to either think the occult is mumbo jumbo or very evil and frightening... either suits them because it still keeps people ignorant to what its about..

It is simply about the nature of reality and how to interact with it.. the art of controlling your subconscious which create experience.

if people are taught that dealing with the subconscious is freaky and evil, well it does not really bowed well for their spiritual development.. this is why Religion is a great way to hold people back... when you realise that most symbols and deities that are portrait as evil are simply aspects of our selves and our struggles then you can see that religion is an occult ritual in its self... only not created by the practitioner.. but by an elite force that created it for them... and not for their long term benefit...

over the years throughout history independent occult movements or even civilisations where wiped out by people who held the same symbols our elite hold up today... and we are only taught of those movements and civilisations as "evil" and that they did sacrifices and murder... as if that was the whole story...

but we all know History is written by the winners and we know who won.

The occult is about magic... deeper science..... Science is there, like a tree, not evil or good... simple their...

We don't have to use it no... But some do because their lives lead them to it and they feel at one with it... ready for it.. ... and others do so because they are greedy unfortunately.

Shamans around the world are deeply into "magick" but there minds are more healthy then Western people.. and they view western people as very ill...

I remember reading a cool book once (cant remember what its called) and it talked about facing negativity in our lives and treating them like an operation.. you gently deal with it.. you don't ignore it or it will not heel... and you do not grab it and try and pull it about... you deal with it gently..

This is my view on how to take in the true nature of reality and stuff in magic..
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #236
truthspoon
Banned

Default Welcome to Satan's parlour.

Urgh!

Third Wave giving advice about the occult is like the bad wolf giving red riding hood advice about forest navigation.

The OTO and others is the reason the occult has a bad name.

If you want to know ANYTHING at all about the occult just ask me.

I will give you the truth, not a recruitment drive for satan's parlour.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #237
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post

If you want to know ANYTHING at all about the occult just ask me.

I will give you the truth, not a recruitment drive for satan's parlour.
lol!

Yes messiah!

please feed me with your all powerful knowledge! lol

not
Old 17-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #238
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

I find there are some who simply find the occult (magick) hard to take in because it requires so much focus and dedication.. most really cant do that in nowadays rat race and hence can get freaked out with just a dabble mentality.., or some are just paranoid and fear orientated and clinging to much to a view they are addicted too and expect someone like Jesus to dump it all on their lap.. laziness... so on.. If one was to imply that Jesus did not live or is more or less unknown to us today, then feel their wrath.

The OTO??

The OTO is not the be all and end all of the occult for a start.
it is one secret society which has been lead by more than one hand and is a speck in the mass amount of Occult movement there has been... it has also not come anywhere close to the crimes committed by Christianity, this is a fact, and an over whelming one at that... We can attack those Christian groups with facts... not hear say and malicious unprovable accusations..

But it goes with the territory of brainwashed dogmatic minds to attack witches, to attack people who are outlandish or threaten society's dogmatic fear and money orientated mind sets.....

Well the bottom line is time will tell.

We see religioun falling away every day and it has nothing to do with some plot, no, it has to do with maturity... to do with the penny dropping its just at the moment all the pennies are dropping at once and making a bit of a mess.....

Religion is burning down IMO, and regardless of how offensive that is to some, I am in my right to say it, as it is more offensive not being able to speak your mind due to others not having the mental strength to deal with anothers view, than it is them having a view that something is not genuine in their eyes..

You can see how it has changed in the last 100 years or so... and wonder how it will be in 100 years time?

I welcome it and I have my marsh mellows ready to heat them up on its fire...

Those who are really spiritual and in touch with god, will not be effected by its demise anyway and those who are will be forced back to the drawing board and made to learn again... which they will...

I don't believe anyone is completely free until we are all free and my back pack is nice and full and i got my hiking boots on ready for a long hike

Last edited by thirdwave; 17-06-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #239
stag watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrerisian View Post
I've wondered for a while, what exactly is supposed to be wrong with The Occult. Is it simply that it's anti-Christian? I've been looking into it for about a year or so now and to me it just seems like a form of self help. I'm no expert though, unlike many people on here who have a profound dislike of it, so that's why I'm asking the question: what's wrong with the occult?
The Occult or Hidden is Actually the View from Uranus when we are pretending otherwise.The whole world is going under!
stag watson is offline   Reply With Quote