Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 07-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
elshaper
Inactive

Default What rubbish your parent(s) told you

What sort of rubbish did your parents tell you?
Perhpas you are lucky that you have fantastic parents.
One of my parents tried to drop me from a higher up building when I was a baby because I caused some kind of boo boo apparently, fed me loads of vaccines and many many rubbish they told me so I hardly call them an ideal parents imho.

One of them said, "You gotta stick with one thing (re: job), being a jack of all trades is no good". Rubbish! If you can't do many things, you can't survive these days. Look how many people holds two or three jobs

So what kind of fibs did they tell you?
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
question_authority_311

My parents were public educators and taught me that the public education system is not only good, but it is God. They're not completely to blame - I did have many fights where I made the option black and white - so "school is hell" and their response was "no it's God."

If I hadn't been sentenced to 12 years of torture in that system I probably would have never awakened and just trusted authority blindly. It was all for a reason
question_authority_311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by question_authority_311 View Post
My parents were public educators and taught me that the public education system is not only good, but it is God. They're not completely to blame - I did have many fights where I made the option black and white - so "school is hell" and their response was "no it's God."

If I hadn't been sentenced to 12 years of torture in that system I probably would have never awakened and just trusted authority blindly. It was all for a reason
Like David Icke said "School is a prison. And if you dont believe that, then try not going, and see what happens" (paraphrased).
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by question_authority_311 View Post

uh oh 'School is god'
Reminds me of North Korea. Kim Jung Un...he must also be god
Glad 12 years of torture wasn't wasted

Like your username QA311
Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Apart from what you said one of your parents tried to do to you, they were only passing on to you what had been taught to them. They knew no better, which is the case for just about all of us. If it was "rubbish" then guess who they learnt it from...
I see what you are saying but I refused to learn from them!! So I found that out myself. If I had kids, I won't tell them about 'jack of all trades'. It can be but I'll give them an open answer so that they are to question and find out about it for themselves.

Last edited by elshaper; 07-05-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
I see what you are saying but I refused to learn from them!! So I found that out myself. If I had kids, I won't tell them about 'jack of all trades'. It can be but I'll give them an open answer so that they are to question and find out about it for themselves.
Thanks for your response ... I'd deleted it because I wanted to think on it a bit more, no probs.

Again, most parents do their best ... and later on down the line you realise that some of the advice you might have rejected was actually good. But that realisation comes with living a bit. It doesn't mean you don't have your own life path.

Last edited by decode reality; 07-05-2013 at 02:24 PM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
chris

I remember my dad telling me that if I turned off the fridge freezer, it would blow up. I then got into a huge debate with someone about turning off the freezer that will cause it to explode which made me look really stupid.

Silly thing was that I wouldn't have turned it off if he just said "Don't turn it off because it will ruin all the food inside."

Parents eh?

Last edited by chris; 07-05-2013 at 02:26 PM.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
pyrrhonist
Inactive

My parents told me so many fibs that I had to become a pyrrhonist in order to keep any sanity at all.
pyrrhonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
hister67

Many moons ago whilst aged 10yrs or so..... My dad told me that when he was my age he used to earn his pocket money by cutting his dads lawn.... using only a scissors of all things...still maintains to this day that he was telling the truth.....But i smell bullshit

1. Those who make things happen. 2. Those who watch things happen, and 3. Those who wonder what happened.
hister67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
kostya

My Dad was was an audiophile (make sure you read that correctly) he had some speakers worth £3000 and told me that if I touched the cones I would get electrocuted

Apart from that, just the usual Santa and Easter Bunny bollocks...
kostya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
flukey1993
Inactive

that i was good looking
flukey1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
kostya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hister67 View Post
Many moons ago whilst aged 10yrs or so..... My dad told me that when he was my age he used to earn his pocket money by cutting his dads lawn.... using only a scissors of all things...still maintains to this day that he was telling the truth.....But i smell bullshit
Hahahaha, you would be there for fucking months!!!
kostya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
nongeekywebdude
Banned

I used to get told that wanking would make me go blind, in fact it only made me extremely short sighted
nongeekywebdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Thanks for your response ... I'd deleted it because I wanted to think on it a bit more, no probs.

Again, most parents do their best ... and later on down the line you realise that some of the advice you might have rejected was actually good. But that realisation comes with living a bit. It doesn't mean you don't have your own life path.
Oh, I've been living a bit all right and I waited decades to start this thread. How long do you want me to wait? After my death?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I remember my dad telling me that if I turned off the fridge freezer, it would blow up. I then got into a huge debate with someone about turning off the freezer that will cause it to explode which made me look really stupid.

Silly thing was that I wouldn't have turned it off if he just said "Don't turn it off because it will ruin all the food inside."

Parents eh?
I have NO idea why your dad told such bollox
While it is not particularly life threatening or life changing as such... all these little things do adds up in your psych. It's like your parents is not to be trusted, have no best interest in you type of thing. Not necessarily that is the case for you but it did to me.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
bones
Banned

carrots make you see in the dark and getting to close to the tv will make your eyes square.

lol.

oh yer " son im older and wiser than you".

clearly not pappa. you still think voting counts.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #17
noncooperation

I never will forgive them organising the removal of my foreskin!!
bastards
and all based a stinging sensationed when i peed!

should have kept my mouth shut when idiots & morons were listening...

plus i was fed all the typical bullshit

and vacinated

and got my teeth stuffed with mercury from about 11 yrs onwards.

on & on ....

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
paradise found
Inactive

My parents were and are so full of shit that I cannot even list all of the nonsense.

Just a week or so back, I was scorned for not voting, subjected to a pathetic cold shoulder episode, and all of the usual.

They're alright, I guess, but people make the decision to have children much too lightly.
paradise found is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #19
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
bastards

and vacinated

on & on ....
Ouch
I forgot to mention about the mercury stuffing as well
Old 07-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
fairyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
bastards

and vacinated

on & on ....
My mother told my brother his foreskin would grow back....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote